Help: Good weapons for me to skill with?

peewee

Dominant
Society
NBK Army
Lucy Minera Zalvatori
Hi!

I haven't really used a lot of melee weapons, and I think its time :D
My current professions are:

Brawler (dmg) : 17
Brawler (hit): 14
Knifefighter (dmg): 17
Knifefighter (hit): 12
Swordsman (dmg): 11
Swordsman (hit): 7

What would be 3 economical weapons for me to skill in these professions?

Laughlin Cutter three (L)
Loughlin Scratcher two (L)
Genesis powerClaw MKI (L)

I've got SIB on both hit/dmg with the Powerclaw, but only at hit with the cutter and Not anymore with the scratcher, perhaps the scratcher three would be better?

I really like UL weapons better... would a Enblade - 5 ME work good as a skilling knife? Or is it simply too un-eco?

Regards Peewee

Laughlin Cutter three (L)
Loughlin Scratcher two (L)
Genesis powerClaw MKI (L)

I've got SIB on both hit/dmg with the Powerclaw, but only at hit with the cutter and Not anymore with the scratcher, perhaps the scratcher three would be better?

I really like UL weapons better... would a Enblade - 5 ME work good as a skilling knife? Or is it simply too un-eco?

Regards Peewee

Hmm... There is a bunch of Embra Laser Sword C1 around, which goes for TT+100 but has a hefty amount of minimum TT. Just because large Argonaut HOFs tend to drop these. It maxes at level 11, so you are very probably already in SIB for it. has slightly more dps than Cutter Three(L) and thus works well for several iron missions. UL Cutter One / Two are also in principle available for reasonable price while UL Cutter Three is very pricey from what I remember.

For skilling knives I think best is to get into sib / maxed on Kesmek Slo(L) and then use these. Just because these are readily available all of the time and fairly consistently sell for 103-104% buyout. Unilimited Loughlin scratchers do exist. No idea about other knives.

Powerclaw mk i is now probably a viable option due to price of Adomasite dropping a lot.

for swordsman, get an embra. If the high TT bothers you on it like it does me, and most that own them for any extended period of time, get the Greek TT blades to just skill up with - but get a lot of them since they break very quickly. I have enough on my avatar to have half of the numberpad quick keyed to a axe or sword.

If you want to go for higher level mobs though, really do consider the embra or UL cutter three... both are nice, but a bit difficult to find. Get the greek blades to keep you occupied til you can find one of them. ;) :)

I'm not sure if anyone's tiered the Greek blades yet, but suspect it'll happen quickly if it has not already happened yet - look for the recipies for tiering those since I suspect they may use non-calypso resources?!?

I'm not sure if anyone's tiered the Greek blades yet, but suspect it'll happen quickly if it has not already happened yet - look for the recipies for tiering those since I suspect they may use non-calypso resources?!?

I got the hof for the axe tier one a few days after Greece opened up. Havent used them much lately due to the stupid 50% condition limit. Very cheap weapon to tier too.

-Bemo-

If you want economical, don't use anything you have SIB on. Use maxed weapons only.

The blades from the Ancient Greece TT are well worth a look, I forget their names.

As oleg wrote,forget un-maxed sib. Not only not eco but the BONUS part is very small, in the upper half of sib range about 5%. I have measured that several times.

And perhaps as a good question is: what mob to hunt. Just 2 days ago I made another test of kill bonus effect....
When I solo biggish mobs I get about 1% of decay in skill gain (TT). Day before yesterday I used the small gloves that shinkiba drops on merp young. I got a bit over 4%. A factor 4 means that altho puny weapon skilling is reasonably fast.
Same result as when I have tested before with guns.

Burn a few Loughlin Cutter 2/3 until you max the Embra c1 (L).
The Embra is pretty eco for a melee weapon.

OK, thanks everyone!

Back