Grroundhog Day. (or Mr. Mayor, I"m going to BITE you!)

BenCoyote

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Benjamin 'Ben' Coyote
Oh yes today is February 2nd.. and we all know what that is..

Groundhog day..

No, no, it's not that bill Murray Movie of the same name.. this is the Traditional
Ground hog day, you know.. the one where they haul out a Ground hog, and see if it see's it's shadow..

Now if the gorundhog sees its' shadow, then we got 6 more weeks of Winter, if not, then expect an early rping..
(Pretty simple forecast no?)

Now then, there's two places here in the US wher they pull this silly forecast and one of them is in of all places
Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, (Man that word Punxsutawney is a mouthful!) Of course Phil (The local Groundhog is a very docile animal and doesn't mind being handled by the mayor of the twon..

But then there's the other place and another ground hog.. and this Groundhog's name it Jimmy, and he resides in of all places, Sun Prairie , Wisonsin.. and it's here where our Humor starts..

Now while Phil in Punxsutawney, is considered the "National Spokeperson for all ground hogs, it seems the Jimmy in Sun Prairie, is more of a liberal..

So today when the Mayor of Sun Prairie, one Jonathan Freund , decided to announce that the forecast for Jimmy was that of six more weeks of winter.. I guess our natural forecaster didn't like the Mayors verdict.. so he promptly bit him on the ear..

So after the event was over, the Mayor's office sent a retraction and instead Jimmy says that spring is just around the corner...

(I'll stick my forecast with Pil though.. Out of the last 30 years the little guy has hit it all but 4 times.).

So score one for Natural weather forecasters. I'll take Phil, but if Jimmy is wrong, teh mayor is gonna need rabies shots..

Oh and If Mr. Bill Murray is watching.. Happy Groundhog's day..

Benjamin Ben Coyote (Pilot Callsign "Coyote")
a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper" (and) "His_Dog_Spot"

I've never understood the tradition. Setting aside the idea that a groundhog could "see" his shadow, or then deign to tell some old guy that he saw it, or that this would have any prognosticative effect... Even the predication is wishy washy.

"Six more weeks of winter." Is this exact? Is it at least? At most?

"Early spring" Definite "Early."

The movie, on the otherhand, was sublime.

I thought the movie was retarded and was one of the worst I had ever seen at the time.

Now that is replaced by anything with Claire Danes in it.

Groundhogs? Please.

Doesn't everyone know that Feb 2 is World Tutu Day? :D

I spent the day trying to keep track of my granddaughter and her friend amongst a sea of other pink-leotard-and-tutu-clad young cherubs at the Queensland Ballet School's Open Day.
*insert ballerina emoji*

Last edited:
I thought the movie was retarded and was one of the worst I had ever seen at the time.

Now that is replaced by anything with Claire Danes in it.

This made my heart sad.

Also, the first season of Homeland was good. I couldn't get through the second season though.

Back