"Hacked" Hangar?

As far as Toolman ... please note that is is summer vacation season, and a holiday weekend coming up in the US this week. Hmm and in looking at his profile, it's also his birthday on Sunday. It's possible he is away on holiday and doesn't even know about this yet. (He hasn't logged in to EF since June 25th).

I was surprised when I saw a hangar in auction yesterday, with an owner name I didn't recognize at all ... I'm sorry to hear it is Toolman's.

So just in case Toolman is AFK big-time, this *HAS* been reported to MA, right?!?!

I'm very interested in this... and quite disturbed at the same time. I've heard a few things from a reliable source, but I'll get a bit more info before I post.

I was so shocked when I heard I made the noob error of not searching before I posted a new thread about it (I assumed this thread would at least be on the front page), so sorry MindBuster!

Lee said:
Considering how fed up he has been of late I would think there is a real possibility he sold the hangar, apt. and just didn't announce it to everyone. He sold one of his places recently to a friend for example, and we don't always make announcements of such things.

It is true that he sold his appartment in Sakura to me.
But I just cannot believe that he would tell nobody about a decision in that scope, as its a completely different thing (also moneywise) as one small appartment.

Even if that might be true.
Why would somebody buy the hangar just to sell it directly again?
Why would that somebody itself not speak up?
Would Toolman really sell the hangar to someone that strange? (See posting from RoadGravy)

This smells!
Even for the transfer of the appartment he talked a while to me to see that I would put it in good use.

I just do hope that Toolman is ok and will have no financial harm by this. :(

Felicity said:
As far as Toolman ... please note that is is summer vacation season, and a holiday weekend coming up in the US this week. Hmm and in looking at his profile, it's also his birthday on Sunday. It's possible he is away on holiday and doesn't even know about this yet. (He hasn't logged in to EF since June 25th).

I was surprised when I saw a hangar in auction yesterday, with an owner name I didn't recognize at all ... I'm sorry to hear it is Toolman's.

So just in case Toolman is AFK big-time, this *HAS* been reported to MA, right?!?!

I think your right about him been on vacation, its his birthday in a few days time, and he said to me a few weeks back that his wife was planning something for the whole family.

I've sent MA a support asking if a hack on Til Avi has been reported but have got nothing back as yet.

Also before Til last logged in he tolled a member of oCZ that there was a problem with his PC that also run the soc forum, and its been down since Saturday, so if hes not left on vacation yet it could be that the problem could have been more serious than first thought.

Me and Til have been playing together since his first days in-game and we never do anything without telling each other.

Well i have nothing else to say on the matter right now, as soon as i get an e-mail from Til I'll fill you all in.

:girl: jena

Last edited:
I paid a visit to the hangar myself ...

Tool was not online and as I spoke with his soc mates he seems to be having problems with his PC ... they were guarding the hangar, beeing concerned with all of Toolman's assets ...

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I guess we won't know exactly what happened until Toolman himself clarifies the situation.

andyzammy said:
well, nobody knows anything (as im aware of anyware), thats prolly true, but this is why a thread was started - to get to the bottom of it. this is how things work.

you have no idea how stupid that sounds do ya? how could it be the users fault he was hacked? unless you count not checkin for keyloggers (which i dont) as the users fault, but this is for another thread..

I think what he ment is that "hacked" is overly used as a discriptive when it comes to someone being dumb enough to trust another person with access to their account or items of value. Many of us know that "hacking" is an abused term in the field of computers and the internet and the media is the worst culprit when it comes to this misuse of the word.

Sharyn said:
I paid a visit to the hangar myself ...

Tool was not online and as I spoke with his soc mates he seems to be having problems with his PC ... they were guarding the hangar, beeing concerned with all of Toolman's assets ...

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I guess we won't know exactly what happened until Toolman himself clarifies the situation.

Problems with a pc at the time of this can very well be a good indicator of virus infection or damage caused from programs such as trojans and key loggers poorly installed into a seperate program.

the fact that Til was "hacked" and the fact that the OCZ Forum is down, AND since nobody seems to know where Til is, could mean tons of things happening at the same time. at least with me, everything that can happen will. which is what I see here
-Til's account Hacked
-Our Forum, Down
-Til... MIA (Vacation?)
the possibility of all 3 of those things happening at the same time, isnt really too impossible.
-Someone who doesn't like Til, someone maybe kicked out of the soc, of someone he pissed off
-problems with websites happen every day, they're websites, they're prety much designed that way
-Til, could be on vacation, He could be sitting in his house with a blown up computer and a locked account. (EDIT: or he could be..... at work (workin' over time)
WHERE IS TIL!?!?!??! :confused:

forgo said:
Forgive me for saying this but it seems to me that, there would only be 2 people who would know of a true hack....toolman and the hacker.

And I dont see anything about toolman coming forward to say anything.

Is it possible a conclusion is being made without knowing something other than a "hack" has occured?

As far as I can tell all hacks Ive seen have had user error involved. Could be a 2nd av he doesnt want someone to know about, a friend, a bad judgement on giving the pw to someone, a legit sale he hasnt dislcosed.

Just seems odd to me to have someone say...some other guys account got hacked, anyone see him around to tell him about it?

I honostly think if there was a hack it was probably some error on his part like most tend to be. Which isnt a true hack.

Of course I have no idea who this is, what relations you guys may have ect...so I could totally be wrong here...hope not...just would hate to see slander on pe security being made without some confirmations.

Not meaning to degrade you in any way of course, Just seems theres a lack of true information here, that could only come from toolman.

So you agree there's a lack of information, yet you imply that Toolman is somehow at fault here? Or even plays a nasty part in it?

Where's Tigerman to tell you to stfu when we need him?

dbelinfante said:

:laugh: ROFL
Sorry, that just tickled me!...

I bet Donald found that funny too for some reason !!

Edit:
Serious head back on...
this thread really does worry me, I really do hope Toolman hasnt been wronged in any way!

I randomly went up there not too long ago - was grabbing the TP that I know nothing of! lol. I saw loads of folks up there (some of the guys pictured included). They said that it was a 'secret hiding spot' :laugh:

andyzammy said:
this is very worrying news. surely ToolMan has a GC, so if the account has been hacked it means either the code for the GC has been craked or someone has stolen TM's GC and somehow knows his user and pass. both very worrying.

GC? Was ist das? :-S

Maybe good to keep a backup connection like phone numbers with your soc mates for if anything like this happens, he prolly can't use his own pc anymore if he doesn't show up here or in EU.

Ava said:
I randomly went up there not too long ago - was grabbing the TP that I know nothing of! lol. I saw loads of folks up there (some of the guys pictured included). They said that it was a 'secret hiding spot' :laugh:

GC? Was ist das? :-S

Look in the trade terminal, under real life items i think. Then click Item Info. Bsically though it's an extra piece of security, that requires you to type in a randomly generated code, generated by a 'thing' not connected to the net. This is the 'thing' you buy

I was gonna wait untill midnight, but i cant wait anymore so i'll say it now even though its not untill tomorrow.

Happy Birthday Toolman!!!

dbelinfante said:
So you agree there's a lack of information, yet you imply that Toolman is somehow at fault here? Or even plays a nasty part in it?

Hmmm well, I suggested that he could have several scenarios going on....I never said he was at fault of anything....

Because I still dont even see proof that it was even hacked....

If it turned out to be "hacked" then yes....I imply that, since its a fact most claimed hacks are due to some sort of user error. A true hack of an account is hard to do and rare. Now that doesnt say its impossible, or that I directly place any blame in this case...because I have no fact.

All I see is other people claiming it was hacked...and noone can even provide proof, or get in contact with toolman to verify it as fact.

Maybee tigerman doesnt actually need to this time. :)
...to me at least.... ;)

forgo said:
Hmmm well, I suggested that he could have several scenarios going on....I never said he was at fault of anything....

Because I still dont even see proof that it was even hacked....

If it turned out to be "hacked" then yes....I imply that, since its a fact most claimed hacks are due to some sort of user error. A true hack of an account is hard to do and rare. Now that doesnt say its impossible, or that I directly place any blame in this case...because I have no fact.

All I see is other people claiming it was hacked...and noone can even provide proof, or get in contact with toolman to verify it as fact.

Maybee tigerman doesnt actually need to this time. :)
...to me at least.... ;)

yeah i have no idea what you jus said so could you just please shut up?

(haha, you know im jus playin around right, you dont have to shut up, just no more logical stuff, it hurts my brain :wise: )

Last edited:
any info on toolman about this yet?

i doubt that an hack has occoured.. No one has yet been hacked with a Goldcard.

Its very worrying no matter what. Its an abnormal behaviour to see toolman totally gone, and that his hangar has been changed to another ava + its on the auction.

Anyhow i strongly think that there is more than just a simply hack going on here. and if somebody knew how to crack Goldcards. I would truly bet that more accounts would been cracked already.

My personal hypothesis is that he's been phished, or his computer has been compromised by some nefarious program of some sort :-S

Ava said:
My personal hypothesis is that he's been phished, or his computer has been compromised by some nefarious program of some sort :-S

wikipedia said:
In computing, phishing is a form of criminal activity using social engineering techniques. It is characterized by attempts to fraudulently acquire sensitive information, such as passwords and credit card details, by masquerading as a trustworthy person or business in an apparently official electronic communication. Phishing is typically carried out using email or an instant message. The term phishing derives from password harvesting and the use of increasingly sophisticated lures to "fish" for users' financial information and passwords.

Goldcard is an unique code everytime you run it and you cant acquire a code with phishing... unless i'm not understanding wikipedia's explenation of phishing right

i thought that a goldcard could be enabled / disabled via entropiauniverse.com. that would mean that compromising someone's e-mail would get you access to turn off their gold card.

Can someone confirm if this is the case.

Winston

F1r3 said:
Goldcard is an unique code everytime you run it and you cant acquire a code with phishing... unless i'm not understanding wikipedia's explenation of phishing right

If someone managed to replace the original pe.exe with their own, looking just the same, but communicating with the hacker instead of MA, you could get a hold of the login/password even from goldcard i suppose...

F1r3 said:

No need to be so patronising Fire, I am well aware of the definition of Phishing, I was mearly speculating aloud.

Ava said:
No need to be so patronising Fire, I am well aware of the definition of Phishing, I was mearly speculating aloud.

patronising? i looked this up for myself because i didnt know the exact meaning of phishing and i pasted it because even after reading the explenation i wasnt 100% sure so other ppl could correct me if i was wrong

as i consider myself a friend of Tool im deeply concerned by this situation as i am pretty sure (like pretty much any1 that knows Tool) that this was a *hack* of some sort....Tool would never sell Jenas app w/o letting her know, not to mention the hangar...

...a soc mate brought up a wild idea: could it be possible that perhaps his whole PC was stolen or something? since he hasnt been online on EF and the oCZ forum is down (Tool was hosting the site)...

...anyways i hope this gets solved by MA....would make one feel very unsecure if even a GC owner could get all his stuff stolen :(....gl Tool

apache_ZC said:
as i consider myself a friend of Tool im deeply concerned by this situation as i am pretty sure (like pretty much any1 that knows Tool) that this was a *hack* of some sort....Tool would never sell Jenas app w/o letting her know, not to mention the hangar...

...a soc mate brought up a wild idea: could it be possible that perhaps his whole PC was stolen or something? since he hasnt been online on EF and the oCZ forum is down (Tool was hosting the site)...

...anyways i hope this gets solved by MA....would make one feel very unsecure if even a GC owner could get all his stuff stolen :(....gl Tool

When I posted my original wishful thinking that perhaps he had just got fed up and sold off his hangar, I wasn't aware that it and other stuff now no longer in his name were shared with others. I don't know TM as well as some of you, but under those circumstances I would agree that it is not something he would do without telling others. Add to that the amount of time that has now gone by with him being away, plus the recent clean out done to a fellow soc mate of mine as well, I no longer hold out the hope it was just a simple thing that would be solved quickly and all would be well. My cc has now been removed from my account and I will not be depositing in the forseeable future cause it just no longer feels safe, gold card or not to be honest.

I know that our society member was very careful with his data and also had no viruses, trojans or keysniffers on his computer.
Add to that the fact that Toolman had a goldcard - I am very afraid of the proficiency of these hackers :scared:

Given the new EULA still transfers most of the responsibility to me as user in matters where I have little influence of many of the connected areas I do not deem my data safe here in EU.
I have like Lee removed my CC from my account and will not deposit anymore until some of my questions will be answered by MA.
If the support case I am going to open will yield any interesting statements I will submit it in the forum for others to read up on.

I very much pity what happened to Toolman and Mornelius and hope they can maybe get back at the criminals behind that.

I've still had no word from Til :( , The oCZ forum is still down, Til's son who is also in our soc hasn't been on and hes not replied to e-mail.

:confused:

there must be a reason why he's not responded to anything, beyond possibly being hacked. if i'm not mistaken :wise: there are at least 2 computers in Til's House. so if one is busted, thers still another. unless ofcorse, internet connectivity problems. such as a broken modem. but still, wheres the Toolman? :confused:

Back