Had my first extended 40% return today.

You have to weather the bad times, and yes they can last months.

If what you are doing isn't working, try something completely different, if hunting isn't working try mining for example. If you want to carry on hunting, try a different setup, different mobs, different planet even, something will work out.

It does sort itself out over the long term, but if you only have 200ped and you go Atrox hunting, you're not going to be happy with the result.

You have to weather the bad times, and yes they can last months.

If what you are doing isn't working, try something completely different, if hunting isn't working try mining for example. If you want to carry on hunting, try a different setup, different mobs, different planet even, something will work out.

It does sort itself out over the long term, but if you only have 200ped and you go Atrox hunting, you're not going to be happy with the result.

Well really I don't... I can just stop playing. Which is what the vast majority of people who have played this game do. So I think it is a major issue and the solution is reducing the amplitude of the loot cycle.

Well really I don't... I can just stop playing.

That is of course your choice and of any and all of us. I'm just providing a different P.O.V.

In a thread about whining, it is only to be expected that other whiners are attracted.

To keep your comment alive and true here is mine:

I hunted proteron yesterday... an my tt return was 41%.

That was excluding decay on my L weapon and armor!

To keep your comment alive and true here is mine:

I hunted proteron yesterday... an my tt return was 41%.

That was excluding decay on my L weapon and armor!

sounds about right...
today was a solid low % return...

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

Well really I don't... I can just stop playing. Which is what the vast majority of people who have played this game do. So I think it is a major issue and the solution is reducing the amplitude of the loot cycle.

I am currently testing this idea.

loot for me is total shit today...(on all mobs not just mulmun)

20-50% returns...

for example...

64 peds (min) to kill a clan leader elite... + fapper cost lets 70 peds total
been getting loot as low as 19 peds

27% returns ! woot before decay on armour etc... not bad...
keep up the good work!

#1 hunter smilgs not hunting it seems...
#2 hunter(me) about to give up... see you in july...

10 ped on overseer! nice
never checked overseers but they have to be 50-55 peds to kill
thats a 20% return! nice

Last edited:
I find whenever there's an event or VU, loot generally tends to drop to these levels. I've suspended my adventures after after the 2nd attempt in this VU, it's just not worth it.

Which is fine, it gives me a chance to play some other games, since I like to play smart and playing right now would not be smart for your balance.

Regarding why Mindark never ever posts on these forums.

They can't, they're not allowed to post on these forums, the forums linked in Entropia's launcher... with two exceptions: a buffoon like figure who sprouts promises and does cheap card tricks to distract the angry-loot-mob and then there's the community guy/girl who usually gets tomatoed to death and replaced by the next sob in line who drew the short stick.

I don't even know if we have a community guy girl anymore to be honest. One of them had a baby some time ago so the mob let her off with just some restrained "boos".

The actual forum Mindark employes are allowed to post in is linked somewhere here (do a search), is censored to a heavier degree, and has like 3% the activity of this one. Expect support like replies with heavy servings of "dynamic".

---

I have deposited like 10 bucks , a long long time a ago , and now am sitting on a few k dollars so I can say with confidence that ped can be made in Entropia. And no, I'm not a hardcore gamer, get bored quickly haha.

For hunting you need a big bankroll, even with the smaller mobs, big enough so you are never forced to rush to sell anything, so you can give that crafter 1k ped of the wool he needs at auction markup ... with no taxes... for example.

Mining is much simpler and I would strongly suggest you do some un-amped trough level 2 amp mining for the hp, the extra profits needed to enlarge the liquid ped reserves demanded by hunting and *exploration.

*Exploration of Entropia has showed me things that these forums never touch upon.

---

There are plenty of guidelines I could suggest but I think you don't need them. Only think I could emphasize is not to do silly things like hunting when the lag is absurd(mine instead).

Ooooh, one cool bit, my profits from mining went directly into key skills like the evasion-profession related ones, the cost for them went down dramatically with the advent of missions.

---

The population of planet Calypso has gone down by a decent margin but the population of Entropia universe may have gone up by a negligible percent. This is what I feel, take it as you will.

By population I mean "active players" which is the only relevant segment, the irrelevant one which others call "in hibernation" has gone up loads.

---

quick edit:
Hunting becomes very profitable if you can afford to sell your skills, specifically: 1.000.000 ped turnover from hunting, if you sell all the skills you made from that segment you will be in decent profit. This however goes right back to the large liquid ped fund.

The problem with selling skills is that you will never reach the enhancer-heaven which is the point when enhancers become absurdly eco. At least that's why I'm buying, not selling skills haha.

Last edited:
The problem with selling skills is that you will never reach the enhancer-heaven which is the point when enhancers become absurdly eco. At least that's why I'm buying, not selling skills haha.

Mind elaborating?

In a thread about whining, it is only to be expected that other whiners are attracted.

Here is another whiner..... TT RR/TT spent = 285/570...........the streak continues!

Disclaimer: lately i'm not that very active... I hunt here and there for fun! No more grinding!

EU is nothing like poker, outside of the fundamental gambling function and bankroll management. Oh and I guess you could consider CLD's to be like rakeback, but not really.
EU is like Pachinko cross-bred with an MMORPG. Certainly not like Poker.

Any decent poker player would agree, or they're not as good as they think they are, at playing poker.

I challenge any EU player to maintain +80%(+) ROI over 5million loot events.
http://www.officialpokerrankings.com/pokerleaderboards.html

Comparing apples and airplanes.

Last edited:
Mind elaborating?

You seem to have a lot of time on your hands, use entropiawiki.com and do some basic math.

In some cases, enhancers are un-eco no matter what you do, f.ex. damage enhancers increase the damage output and proportionally the cost to use of the weapon so the dmg/pec remains unchanged or even .. it can go down because that sweet 4.6 dmg/pec of the laser amp is proportionally lower with them, but enhancers break, meaning that no matter what you do .. on paper .. you will be wasting the ped value and markup of the enhancers (or if you are able to make them then the markup of the ores , the blueprint costs and skills invested) on a damage output increase which again .. on paper is really bad.

But even with this most inefficient enhancer you can circumvent it's clear downsides. Rocket launchers don't suffer from the overkill or crit/miss variation that other big dmg/low attack rate weapons have. Take 100 merps , use a launcher that kills 20 of them in one go or 40 with a crit and in this case you will only be wasting the enhancer costs and nothing more.

I know it's not enough, do the math and you'll notice eventually when enhancers become profitable and which actually do. The entropedia spreadsheets help with this a lot.

You seem to have a lot of time on your hands, use entropiawiki.com and do some basic math.

In some cases, enhancers are un-eco no matter what you do, f.ex. damage enhancers increase the damage output and proportionally the cost to use of the weapon so the dmg/pec remains unchanged or even .. it can go down because that sweet 4.6 dmg/pec of the laser amp is proportionally lower with them, but enhancers break, meaning that no matter what you do .. on paper .. you will be wasting the ped value and markup of the enhancers (or if you are able to make them then the markup of the ores , the blueprint costs and skills invested) on a damage output increase which again .. on paper is really bad.

But even with this most inefficient enhancer you can circumvent it's clear downsides. Rocket launchers don't suffer from the overkill or crit/miss variation that other big dmg/low attack rate weapons have. Take 100 merps , use a launcher that kills 20 of them in one go or 40 with a crit and in this case you will only be wasting the enhancer costs and nothing more.

I know it's not enough, do the math and you'll notice eventually when enhancers become profitable and which actually do. The entropedia spreadsheets help with this a lot.

Don't really see where you actually make a point in here. The only actual point you tried to make is that it helps if you're clearing waves of 100 merps but you will still "only be wasting the enhancer costs". Soooo... what's your point? The only time I could see paying 300% markup has to do with regen. Basically if the increased speed of kill reduces the heal/armor costs enough it can become eco. But I am slowly moving into the camp of fap/armor being returned, at least fractionally. And if you're killing something that tears through your armor you're probably not worried about being efficient.

So please try again? I have done quite a bit of math and come to a different conclusion. I appreciate your effort but really don't see an actual point in your response.

So you buy 100 peds worth of enhancers for 300 peds. Where are you getting 200 peds in value out of them? It doesn't come from loot. The only place it could come from is fap/armor costs or "frustration" costs (enhancers reduce deaths/make tagging from range easier/increase skill/etc). And frustration costs don't count if you're talking about someone trying to play efficiently.

Last edited:
The funny thing about esis...

I'm at 2250 tt value. I have roughly 50k skills. If I tt'd my entire account I could buy the esi necessary to sell my skills.

Funny how MA calibrates that drop VS the current trending population. I had one drop in my first couple weeks grinding. Not one since (~30k mobs). If MA could massage those drop rates it would REALLY affect the market...

SIX MIL

(p.s. some uber named anonymouss has been trying to buy out for months. now joker is jumping on the train. where is the future? while people talk shit about anyone who talks about negative population trends nobody has any actual information showing the universe is growing.)

Logged in for the first time in a week and found 600 peds from auctions sold. Clicked on transfer -> withdraw. Evidently they are much more concerned about withdraws than deposits. Anyone from the US have any problems?

Why can't I just withdraw to the card I deposited with?

Last edited:
Why can't I just withdraw to the card I deposited with?
Minimum withdrawl has to be 1100ped 1k minimum + 100ped fee. Didn't you know :eek:! Mister know it all?

Minimum withdrawl has to be 1100ped 1k minimum + 100ped fee. Didn't you know :eek:! Mister know it all?

You assume I don't have >1k peds available? I simply said I had 600 ped from auctions.

You have poor reading comprehension for a shill. India?

I will be plugging in my banking information. It's just annoying that they make it a hassle. I'll let you know how it goes in 40 days.

You assume I don't have >1k peds available? I simply said I had 600 ped from auctions.

You have poor reading comprehension for a shill. India?

I will be plugging in my banking information. It's just annoying that they make it a hassle. I'll let you know how it goes in 40 days.
Ahh ok then, I'am sorry & do apologise sir, I assumed :duh: you did't have 1k peds to withdraw. And check my avi information for current location IRL > UK/London. Well credit where it is due sir your right, I'm actually not much of a reader other than on the internet.

Ahh ok then, I'am sorry & do apologise sir, I assumed :duh: you did't have 1k peds to withdraw. And check my avi information for current location IRL > UK/London. Well credit where it is due sir your right, I'm actually not much of a reader other than on the internet.

It's you're. And yes, you are fairly ignorant.

Last edited:
Back