Has anyone seen this from EL before?

anonimity

Stalker
Kayla Mystique Sinclair
So I've been gone for work all week and I come home today and find this when I try to view EL.
index.php

1) How does one even get banned from EL? and
2) The email does not exist when I sent an email inquiry it says the following:

Address not found​

Your message wasn't delivered to support@entropialife.com because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.

so wth?

They are getting attacked. They have been talking about it on discord.

From Starfinder on Discord:

we are currently fighting a DDOS / bruteforce attack on Entropia Life. Since yesterday about 70.000 different IP's have tried to login on the site. Once an IP has failed to login "a number of times" we ban that IP. We have also banned country ranges from accessing the site (mainly the attacks are coming from India, Indonesia, Myanmar and Philippines - We banned Russia and Belarus right when the attacks started). At the moment we are auto banning 2 IP/sec. The server were struggeling yesterday, but after we also implemented a simple captcha on the login form the amount of bandwidth and SQL resources needed to keep the attack at bay dropped massivly. I also upgraded the connection Entropia Life is running on. That said, I can not say for a fact that the system will not go down again if they "really want to attack us".

They are getting attacked. They have been talking about it on discord.

From Starfinder on Discord:

we are currently fighting a DDOS / bruteforce attack on Entropia Life. Since yesterday about 70.000 different IP's have tried to login on the site. Once an IP has failed to login "a number of times" we ban that IP. We have also banned country ranges from accessing the site (mainly the attacks are coming from India, Indonesia, Myanmar and Philippines - We banned Russia and Belarus right when the attacks started). At the moment we are auto banning 2 IP/sec. The server were struggeling yesterday, but after we also implemented a simple captcha on the login form the amount of bandwidth and SQL resources needed to keep the attack at bay dropped massivly. I also upgraded the connection Entropia Life is running on. That said, I can not say for a fact that the system will not go down again if they "really want to attack us".

Ah - okay. so my IP is compromised. because I havent loged in all week, but now it's banned. makes sense since i can log in under vpn/private browser i guess?

Ah - okay. so my IP is compromised. because I havent loged in all week, but now it's banned. makes sense since i can log in under vpn/private browser i guess?
You are BANNED !!! haha

how could u even get BAN on Entropia Life ?! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

https://entropialife.com/banned.aspx -> Remove banned.aspx from your link, and your account will Work as normal =))

Now is the time to start using 2FA on your Entropia Universe accounts people, whoever is not using it already...
this!!!!

was never a fan of third party tools....even if approved by MA... things can get messy real quick. be safe ppl :)

Guess thats why you can see double hofs on EL with exacly same ammount and few min apart. And i though some avatars got lucky hour ^^

Who DDOS's EL? It's like the coolest, most harmless site ever.
1. It provides a lot of very useful info you wouldnt be able to get elsewhere.
And if you already have it, cutting others from its access would provide you with an edge.

2. Or someone simply wants to take this service down in order to provide its own, with more detailed data collecting (for themselves ofc). Again, gaining an edge.

Yup, just had the same thing. I tried emailing them mailerdaemon came back saying no such thing as support@entropialife.com. I relogged on my 4G and it works... Don know what the hell is going on...

It has banned me on 4G too... Wtf....

Hmm, just connected, it works fine, and very smooth for a site under attack.

It might help if El was on a secure server. Firefox has been flagging it as an unsecure site for ages.

I wouldn't visit EL for the time being, its still not https so traffic isn't encrypted.

Hello, same thing happened to me. When I restart computer it works, but after while I get banned. Firefox has been flagging this as unsecured site, but this is true bizarre.

It seems they have implemented re-captcha challenges on every page load / autopost or page navigation.
:popcorn:

Edit: Failed the math challenge to see what happens, spoiler grammar isent grammaring either..
12Lllpb.png

I saw cloudflare and now an added captcha (y)

Can't log into Entropia Tracker, though, i redid the certificates and all that, but now just says "username or password" incorrect, can i open it in offline mode just for auto-screenshots?

Who DDOS's EL? It's like the coolest, most harmless site ever.
Could be anyone. Entropialife traditionally has been unsecure and it was only a matter of time that something attacked it with something as simple as a form stuff. You typically find this with old forum software *cough* *cough*, but ... it was only a matter of time.

Back