Has this happened to anybody else?

Katie Chalmers

Stalker
Katie Chalmers
So, because I’m an idiot and had the wrong chat screens up, I accidentally hunted right up until the server reboot. I had a loot unclaimed on the ground as well as a bit of sunk cost into the next mob at the time I was disconnected.
Oh well, I thought.

A few hours later when I decided to log back in, I found several things quite strange..
1. The CDF (L) weapon that I had decayed out hours ago had been half repaired for me.
2. The Current CDF (L) weapon that I had been actively shooting with an hour with prior to the reboot was now sitting at 100%
3. My armor plates have all been fully repaired to 100% despite me hunting nonstop for the last 4 hours and not repairing them (I repair only once at the end of the instance). My armor itself still had the expected amount of decay on them, only the plates were repaired. (No matter how drunk I get, I wouldn’t of done this)

I can’t comment on any changes regarding loot/ammo/points as I wasn’t watching super intently, but they all looked “about right”. I can only comment on the above things as they were the only ones I could objectively prove.

So anyway I’m curious to know what’s gone on here. In my mind it could be two things…

It seems like there was some kind of rollback for me, but repairing ~50% of a CDF weapon is about 2 hours of hunting, one hell of a rollback, and that doesn’t explain the armor plates randomly getting repaired independently from the armor.

Or mindark compensating me for my lost loot by adjusting the TT of my items? This also seems strange as other times we have gotten compensated for bugged loots etc, we just get back universal ammo.

Anybody have ideas? I’m scared…

Interesting....I was grinding mayhem the other day....Could have sworn my ammo was just about to hit 6000 shots left.

Then "hypothetically" I might have came back an hour later and it was around 6700. I did not get the UU from reward in this time, so was mega confused..

Shrugged it off and thought I must have cocked something up on my tracker, but now you're saying this.... It has got me thinking again :D

Interesting....I was grinding mayhem the other day....Could have sworn my ammo was just about to hit 6000 shots left.

Then "hypothetically" I might have came back an hour later and it was around 6700. I did not get the UU from reward in this time, so was mega confused..

Shrugged it off and thought I must have cocked something up on my tracker, but now you're saying this.... It has got me thinking again :D
I’ve had thoughts like that too regarding ammo, but in my mind it’s just as likely that I was mis remembering how much I actually had, instead of the game glitching out.
But with the above examples, I KNOW that something strange had happened. I would never take off 7 plates, repair them, and put them back on. Not to mention I don’t know where I even had the time to do this, because I was actively hunting up until the last second of the reboot lol. And once I logged back in, these changes were noticed immediately as I always tidy up my inventory prior to starting a new hunt. I hadn’t even moved from my spawn point let alone visit a repair terminal.
And we all know CDF weapons are impossible to repair. Someone could say that I just misremembered the amount of TT I had left on them. But i set up and replace hot keys for my actively used weapons, so I can’t really get them mixed up. It’s pretty easy for me to figure out what I’ve used and broken.

Now if mindark can give me my rare token that I think I looted.. that would be nice 😊

this sounds like mayhem will be extended for a week. on a serious note, no this hasn't happened to me, or I didn't pay enough attention to notice it I just repair when things are broken, and convert shrapnel when I'm out of ammo

I don't think its MA compensating you. That can be ruled out because they would need to have exact details of how much lost and how much to compensate which is highly unlikely.

I had something similar happen (well its actually a bit different), I was opening boxes and sometimes I'd loose key or box but it wouldn't open anything. The system would come out of the semi-auto opening boxes routine i.e. where i only press space to open next box. Which made me curious to what's going on and investigate further. Anyway, to cut a long story short I reported it to support. They checked their records and everything was working as intended i.e. no bugs or any loss of keys. Which differed from reality as I know for a fact I was loosing keys/boxes without receiving anything i.e. system not opening box. Once I became aware of it I took careful note of number of keys and boxes etc.

It turns out this was caused by lag. I was inside one of the new service centres when they first came out and were lagging on my laptop. So from MA perspective they couldn't see anything abnormal except myself. I could have made a video I suppose to prove the point but didn't think it was worth the effort instead I made sure not to open boxes inside any service centre and make sure their was no lag. After these measures I had no problems.

My guess is when their is lag or in your case when you get "forcefully" disconnected spurious things can happen. MA records may not show anything abnormal.

If it was a roll back then check if your loot has also been rolled back. Also check if your skills have been rolled back. If there are mismatches e.g. loot not rolled back, some items repaired other not this doesn't seem like a normal roll back to me.

Perhaps MA need to make some kind of soft disconnect before shutting system down i.e. the system forcefully makes you press exit and forcefully make you wait 20 seconds for the logout timer to expire and log you out. In this forced period the system shouldn't allow you to do anything, no movement, no key presses, no way to stop the forced logout, etc.

This was an old exploit , and I do not say that suggesting you were exploiting.

In the olden PE days , if you crashed while hunting / mining .. all equipment used in that session would be repaired.

If I remember correctly , it was not something anyone complained about. Well some did.

If it was a roll back then check if your loot has also been rolled back. Also check if your skills have been rolled back. If there are mismatches e.g. loot not rolled back, some items repaired other not this doesn't seem like a normal roll back to me.
Unfortunately I don’t have accurate enough information on the loot situation because I didn’t have time to tally that particular run prior to being kicked, catching me by surprise and all…
I would of also thought a rollback if the repairs were more consistent with the time, but with ~3 hours on the guns, 4 hours on the plates, and no change to the actual armor, it’s just to weird for that to be the case. And I definitely didn’t get rolled back several hours of loot/points, I would have noticed that large of a discrepancy.

The soft disconnect is a good idea. Halt any action for several minutes prior to the disconnect. Or at least, put the server disconnect messages on every chat window, or have it come up centrally on the screen, so we can’t miss it. If you aren’t on the Main/System tab it can easily be overlooked.

There can be a difference between your local updating and the server updating of decay. It was believed to be up to 3 peds as far as I know, and could seem like a rollback, yes, except that other stuff stayed correct, such as loots and skills (as far as I'm aware).
The repair of only one part of a combo such as armour+plates is proof for me that it is not the player who is wrong about what they think they have seen but haven't got direct proof for. Usually things have turned out to be my mistake when things look off, but with that example you can know 100%, as long as both armour and plates take decay on the mobs you've been hunting, that is. That is still the getout card, that you were hunting a different mob, or that the mob damage types have been changed (as happens sometimes)...
AND yes, I have experienced the up to 3 peds thing in the past, but not noticed in the last few years...

I wonder ludvig didnt got summoned already 😂

They will hit the duress Button in the office when they find out

have exact details of how much lost and how much to compensate which is highly unlikely.
They absolutely have this information.

Very interesting scenario. The game definitely appears to be having more and more issues as we move closer to UE5.

I don't think its MA compensating you. That can be ruled out because they would need to have exact details of how much lost and how much to compensate which is highly unlikely.

I had something similar happen (well its actually a bit different), I was opening boxes and sometimes I'd loose key or box but it wouldn't open anything. The system would come out of the semi-auto opening boxes routine i.e. where i only press space to open next box. Which made me curious to what's going on and investigate further. Anyway, to cut a long story short I reported it to support. They checked their records and everything was working as intended i.e. no bugs or any loss of keys. Which differed from reality as I know for a fact I was loosing keys/boxes without receiving anything i.e. system not opening box. Once I became aware of it I took careful note of number of keys and boxes etc.

It turns out this was caused by lag. I was inside one of the new service centres when they first came out and were lagging on my laptop. So from MA perspective they couldn't see anything abnormal except myself. I could have made a video I suppose to prove the point but didn't think it was worth the effort instead I made sure not to open boxes inside any service centre and make sure their was no lag. After these measures I had no problems.

My guess is when their is lag or in your case when you get "forcefully" disconnected spurious things can happen. MA records may not show anything abnormal.

Perhaps MA need to make some kind of soft disconnect before shutting system down i.e. the system forcefully makes you press exit and forcefully make you wait 20 seconds for the logout timer to expire and log you out. In this forced period the system shouldn't allow you to do anything, no movement, no key presses, no way to stop the forced logout, etc.
Same thing happaned to me, just blank/black box without loot, inside merry mayhem instance

They absolutely have this information.

Not necessarily. For example in my situation their records were incorrect and I know that for a fact. In some unusual situations like the one Katie encountered their records may not be correct. Which is what it seems like to me otherwise the bug may not have occurred in the first place. The only people to know for sure are MA. We are just guessing/estimating/speculating.

When something goes wrong server-side, the fallback is to restore a previous value of an item to make sure it's not being incorrectly deteriorated. This means the affected player gets some value backs, and ensures that the player never unfairly loses any value.

The restored value is always tracked to make sure it is kept under control, and the server issues causing these events are fixed as soon as possible.

When something goes wrong server-side, the fallback is to restore a previous value of an item to make sure it's not being incorrectly deteriorated. This means the affected player gets some value backs, and ensures that the player never unfairly loses any value.

The restored value is always tracked to make sure it is kept under control, and the server issues causing these events are fixed as soon as possible.

Is this system can roll back several months/years ?

Because when I see my loots I always get the impression that something is going wrong server-side, since early 2022.. 🥹 🥲 😂

Oh wow, i was about to write something on that Statement, but i rather keep that for my self to not cause any truble.

Thanks for the insight too.

This being said, can you ask in the office if my Avatar is not bugy because the expected returns are off from what tracked

Back