[HD] Pianoman's Mining Video-Log

Pianoman178

Old Alpha
Society
Sanctuary
Piano Pianoman Man
I recently started my own YouTube channel, and one of the things I will be featuring is a new EU Video-Mining Log!

Here is the first episode (this one is exciting ;)):

EPISODE 2 HERE!

I will be keeping track of everything (PED balance, bombs, etc) inside the video series.

This is my first episode, so PLEASE give feedback! I will listen and improve with each episode :)

If you like what you see, please support me by subscribing to my channel here!

My rough timeline will be one episode every other week. I can't guarantee they will all be as exciting as this first one though ;)

-Piano

EDIT:

I've been requested by several people to post my PC hardware, so here it is:

CPU: Intel i7-930 Bloomfield QuadCore @ 2.8Ghz
RAM: 12Gb Corsair XMS DDR3 1600 (Triple Channel)
Video: ATI Radeon 6950
Mobo: ASUS P6T LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX
HDs: 3x WD Caviar Black 7200 in RAID-5 (2T total storage)
PSU: Antec CP-1000 1000W Continuous

Last edited:
Nice

Well first of all I have to say gz to the nice first run...

This must be one of the best mining logs in this forum atm...

I also have a few questions...

1. What program u using to film it?
2. Where do u get your amps?
3. Are u counting only bombs+amps or all decay too?

Gl and looking forward for 2nd run...

//Sal

it does not matter what he counts, he still pays for it

(Sorry for off topic)

Well the profit outcome in the end would look better if hes not counting the decay on equipment... :scratch2:

So why is he counting the decay on the amps if it doesnt matter? He still pays for it? :scratch2:

I love the background music, what's the name of it, mate?

By the way, love this mining log and subscribed :cool:

Wow! Thank you guys for the positive feedback!

For simplicity's sake, I am not counting decay on my finder. One ore-finder will last me a year, so I just consider that the cost of playing.

In future runs, I will almost certainly be only doing one amp per run. It took some real magic to edit one hour of footage down to 14 minutes! Then again, a lot happened in this video.

Please let me know what I could do better :)

Thanks for watching!!

-Piano

(Sorry for off topic)

A) Well the profit outcome in the end would look better if hes not counting the decay on equipment... :scratch2:

B) So why is he counting the decay on the amps if it doesnt matter? He still pays for it? :scratch2:

A) Yes , it would.

B) Yes it matters, yes he pays for it and yes he counts it so obviously i was not referring to the decay on the amps; But to markup payed for the amps, decay and markup payed for the finder, decay and possible markup payed for the extractor, decay for the refiner and the auction fee+auction tax bundle.

In most cases, an uber of gold is a net loss since it has tiny markup and almost no demand.

I love the background music, what's the name of it, mate?

By the way, love this mining log and subscribed :cool:

The piano and orchestra music was three movements from Joseph Hayden's Trio in C Major. I love it too :)

A) Yes , it would.

B) Yes it matters, yes he pays for it and yes he counts it so obviously i was not referring to the decay on the amps; But to markup payed for the amps, decay and markup payed for the finder, decay and possible markup payed for the extractor, decay for the refiner and the auction fee+auction tax bundle.

In most cases, an uber of gold is a net loss since it has tiny markup and almost no demand.

Ooooh! I'm sorry for the confusion! The markup was included for the amps already. It was two full-TT OA-104s purchased from the AH @ 110% MU. They were 132 PED each.

So 132 + 132 + 78 = 342. 342 - 6 (ped left over when amps are dead) = 336 PED in total costs for the run.

Hope that clears things up.

Nice initiative, looking forward to 2nd episode! grats on gold! :))

watching the vid def helped me out when it ccomes to how to mine. im subscribing and grats on your awesome gold find

When I get older I hope I can do videos like this also :)

Very very nice and grats on a succesful run !

the music impresses me. who composed it? i would enjoy listening to this. grats on the hofs

the music impresses me. who composed it? i would enjoy listening to this. grats on the hofs

The piano and orchestra music was three movements from Joseph Hayden's Trio in C Major. I updated the video description to include that info.

I had yet ANOTHER hard drive fail in my RAID yesterday. I hope I can get it fixed by next week for my next episode. Thank you all for the positive feedback...I really can't believe how popular this has become!

If you are a shop owner or event promoter and would like your stuff mentioned in a video, send me a PM. I'm hoping to release one episode per week, so this could act as a small way to get the word out about current events / sales / etc.

Thanks again,

-Piano

Here is what you have all been waiting for! Episode 2: Return of the HOF! :D

This episode took much longer than I anticipated...I had more stupid hard drive problems. I think I FINALLY have it all figured out now, but we'll see. Please subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss another episode! (Or anything else I post)

As always, feedback is much appreciated. Thanks for watching!

-Piano

rofl at last bomb troll image... I was so sure to expect another hof there..

Gz and gj :p

nice videos and nice hofs gratz! just some weerd music=)

Woot, woot. Huge gz for the HoF, mate :wtg:

Very nice episode again! Please continue this for a long time :)

Wow, episode one has over 1,000 views! Thank you all for the overwhelming positive feedback! :yay:

I do hope to continue this for a very long time. It would help to have the log stay positive as well, MA ;)

As an aside:

Are there any mining enhancer crafters out there? I have an idea for an episode and I would like to discuss a I-IX purchase of mining depth enhancers as a bulk package. I see them all on the auction, but was wondering if someone would like to sell maybe 20 of each as one sale. Please post here or send a PM.

-Piano

Back