Help Vista!

silvernight

Sexxxy EPN
Society
The House Of Lords
Caroline Carro Persson
Problem fixed! Will +rep you all tomorrow.

And EU is running,

programs I insalled before it worked, don't know with had to be. But friends told me to install them anyhow.

-Flash Player
-DirectX SDK
-Quicktime
And also all the Vista auto upgrades
-Finaly the drivers for Graphic card and sound card.

And EU with Vista works perfect.

Just a tip, don't use laptop for EU. Haha no scroll so running around is a pain. =P

Hello dear reader, please help me. I have installed my new laptop and I can't get EU to work, the downloads are done and the main window where I log in is open, please help me, Computer is good enoth for EU but it doesn't start =(

Regards Caroline. (Computer is not my best part, so talk slow and understanding)

Do you have vista? Does your work?

Edit* 100 Ped to helper that makes it work.

Last edited:
No Vista, no problem... :silly2:

sry, couldn't resist :D

Install XP and run a dual boot system?

Press Options in the client loader and then disable sound. That made EU start on the two machines that I have running Vista.

And if that fix your problem, make sure u update your sound drivers to the latest version.

I suggest to use XP, Vista causes too much problems at the moment.

Last edited:
From what i have read , vista and EU dont go together :(

Works perfect with XP 64

im not exactly a pc wizz either,but i have vista:p
Mostly it works fine fior me,but sometimes i get what seems like the same error you have:client/login is there,but when i try to log in it just blinks and nothing else happens.only thing that has worked for me is reinstalling,which i therefore do almost every day:s.after restart it then usually works fine for a day or two

Well, i've tried Windows Vista, manually optimized, latest drivers etc... and i can tell You that even if you have an very good PC with a dual core processor, 4GB RAM, GeForce8800GTX etc... most games, even very old ones, are laggin', cause they ain't optimized for Vista. If i were You, i wouldn't use Vista at all yet. Microsoft is pushing it into the market, but believe me it's too early to call it a well balanced system like Windows XP.

I have talked to some boys at msn, and they are trying to help me, I've installed alot of things now, currently is DirectX SDK and I hope EU will start soon. =(

Tested disable sound, but didn't help, and have just made a reboot to on the computer. Still no EU. Update after thing happends. So that this might help new players with same problem, please give me more idéas on how to work. And I don't have a XP here.

And EU is running,

programs I insalled before it worked, don't know with had to be. But friends told me to install them anyhow.

-Flash Player
-DirectX SDK
-Quicktime
And also all the Vista auto upgrades
-Finaly the drivers for Graphic card and sound card.

And EU with Vista works perfect.

Just a tip, don't use laptop for EU. Haha no scroll so running around is a pain. =P

Great, I'm happy it works now. :)

Maybe this should be sticky? I bet that Vista will come after us step by step... :eek:

Latest Audio and Grafix drivers are needed. And one more thing u can do is to rightclick entropia.exe, select propeties. select compability tab, and select "Run this software in compability with: Windows XP (service pack 2).

I have run Vista and EU for 2 month now without any problems :)

when you start your computer and it comes up with your desktop icons, just RIGHT-CLICK on your EU Icon and choose "RUN AS ADMINISTATOR" a warning box will pop up, just hit "ALLOW" That's what I did and I do not have a problem and I have all good graphics and sounds. hope this works.

Jetboys suggestion helps if u have problems downloading updates and such, but probably not if u have problems loggin in or starting the game, as his suggestion just affects the clientloader. Unlest those properties follows childthreads started with the clientloader, im not 100% sure, but to be on the safe side, change the entropia.exe settings too :)

man but what about EU + vista + 5.1 ??? i bough a 5.1 system today and I can barely hear something but only from 3'rd person mode... from 1'st person (where I just see the guns and hands when sweating) I can hear NOTHING !!!

man but what about EU + vista + 5.1 ??? i bough a 5.1 system today and I can barely hear something but only from 3'rd person mode... from 1'st person (where I just see the guns and hands when sweating) I can hear NOTHING !!!

5.1 sound is bugged with EU.

Thats why i dont instal my sound driver...or i dont hear anymore my weapon firing the "normal" way...
You dont hear mobs right in front of you , and those a bit a side do a noise that break hear...
Its a very old bug , i think the first report was made 1 year ago.
Old crap stereo sound card is way enought for EU ... sadly

yea, +rep me too :D

Back