help with the tier system and enhancers

Grampa

Provider
Kar Caswell
I have been away for the past 3 months and come back to find there is a whole new part of the game. The only problem is that I can not find anywhere that explains what the enhancers are and how to use them. My Z20 has 3 sockets open to enhancers but I do not know what to put in them, which is best to put in or whether is is better to craft them myself. I have found all sorts of new things in loot that I do not recognize like different sockets, tier components, etc. Is there a tutorial out there somewhere that can simply explain what to do and why? Thank you. 3's
Grampa

Here's a simple explanation:

All items, when used enough naturally increase in tiers. Unlimited items (upon reaching tier .9, 1.9, 2.9, etc) may manually be "tiered up" to the next tier integer by using a bunch of materials (it tells you when you right click the item and click "tier upgrade"). If you do not tier them up to the next whole number, they stop gaining tier growth.

(L) items automatically advance in tiers (even through the whole numbers).

Socket components and all those other odd things (like Surface Hardeners and Focus Lenses) are used to create enhancers which are then popped into the opened slots on your item.

Blazar fragments are used as a material for tiering up unlimited items, and Nova fragments are used in the manufacturing of enhancers.

A word of warning:

When you attempt to tier up an unlimited item, you must have a duplicate of the item you wish to tier. If your Tier Upgrader profession level is not high enough, you have a chance of failing the tiering, and possibly run the risk of losing your second item as well (it's not fun, trust me).

Enhancers, when fitted to an item, generally raise the amount of decay when the item's used. On weapons it also increases the amount of ammunition used per shot. For this reason, the ammunition in-game was multiplied by 100 to create more nuances in the amounts of ammunition. Basically, 1 PEC buys 100 units of ammo, but an Opalo now takes 200 medium cells to shoot.

There are also tier growth rates on all items. I'm honestly not totally sure how they work. Seems to be that higher numbers are better and let your items tier faster, so higher numbers are good for (L) items.

I think that's about it. Tiering can be very expensive and EXTREMELY risky. Hell, I just did my first successful one today (GDC).

Good luck out there. :)

Reactions: Mac
You can get the enhancer bp book from the technician to see what is available. The only major enhancer that i know of not there is weapon economy enhancers, which are only made from limited bp's.

Also, if you go to the items -> upgrades subforum, that's the major enhancer discussion area.

Are the enhancers consumable? (i.e. do i have to replace them often, once in a while, never?) I hear they increase the decay on the weapon... is it the increased decay the same every click or does it fluctuate? (for simple example say an axe1.0 with two slots of dmg enhancers, decay is... now easy to calculate or harder?

Are the enhancers removable, say I want to load out a weapon for high dmg one day and high range the next depending on the mob?

Thanks,
Ender

Are the enhancers consumable? (i.e. do i have to replace them often, once in a while, never?)

They do break without warning. When using a newly bought/crafted enhancer I believe it's a gamble how long they last before breaking (which I think is shitty).

I hear they increase the decay on the weapon... is it the increased decay the same every click or does it fluctuate? (for simple example say an axe1.0 with two slots of dmg enhancers, decay is... now easy to calculate or harder?

Honestly, I haven't experimented enough to answer this. I know enhancers do increase decay on the weapon, but I do not know if it fluctuates or not. I would assume it's fixed per enhancers, but then again it's MA/FPC we're talking about here... Dynamic and all ;)

Are the enhancers removable, say I want to load out a weapon for high dmg one day and high range the next depending on the mob?

Yes, they're definitely removable. To remove them, open up your item's info, right click on the enhancer, and click "remove enhancer". You can have a different setup for every day of the week (and with many different types/levels of enhancers, every day of many years).

Hope this helps. :)

Back