Hidden isle?

Irona

Guardian
Society
Retired
Irona Irona Lathir
i was surfing the web for PE stuff and i found this picture :eek:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Baldurn took a swim out there to check it out but didnt find anything... does anyone know if this isle ever existed or if it's fake/bug?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, i was very excited and then it didn't exist. Or did it? When i got pretty close it said that no server was avaiable for that area. Maybe some BETA-player could tell us what happened?

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

*EDIT* I had to upload the pic to EF and link to it to make it easier. Here it is.

Last edited:
Don't know if it's just me and my comp but the link doesn't seem to work m8.

link is bad....

*NEVERMIND*

i don't know why entropia forum changes http://img149. exs. cx too !!!!! but just copy my link and remove the spaces

Finally able to get to link after copying and pasting and altering the link etc....

Hmmmm, it's very very interesting, we need someone who was around in PE at this time to en-lighten us on the subject.

p.s nice find :)

The island is real and stil exists. I did make it there a week or so ago, ran around and then swam back. On my way back I ran into the messages you are describing about unavailable servers, either they are doing some work to make the place useful or just decided to cut it off, much like most of amethera is (you will get the same message if you o tooo far east or too far north on amethera)

what in gods name did you do out there? lol got tired of exploring land? :D

Kombinator said:
The island is real and stil exists. I did make it there a week or so ago, ran around and then swam back. On my way back I ran into the messages you are describing about unavailable servers, either they are doing some work to make the place useful or just decided to cut it off, much like most of amethera is (you will get the same message if you o tooo far east or too far north on amethera)

You actually made it there without any problems??? I might have to try this, it looks cool lol

Although it's wierd that you were able to get there but only experienced those messages on your way back???

Irona said:
i don't know why entropia forum changes http://img149. exs. cx too !!!!! but just copy my link and remove the spaces

You may be interested in this forum's gallery. Upload the picture there and you will even get the exact code to paste in here and get a small preview thumbnail for your picture.

Read the rules to find out why you should not use other sites for hosting files. :wise:

It's a fake :D

I've been playing since umm VU 5.1 and I've never seen that before. Also if you look at the picture you see that there's a yellow dot marking the estate area at atlas haven west. Well those markers came in VU 5.3 I think. So if I would have seen it before I would remember it.

Hope that makes some sence :p

I was there in mid-April of this year. It was a long swim pretty much straight west of Troy, if I recall correctly. It was 3 very tall, very steep cones, for lack of a better description. I dropped a few probes and bombs and got one to close to the top. It took me 15 minutes to make it up to it.

It really is there.

DarkMatter

WOW ! So, all depends on if MA just want to have the servers up when you try run there? Dang, id like to see the place :p

Irona said:
i was surfing the web for PE stuff and i found this picture :eek:

Edit: link got bugged for some reason...
http://img149. exs . cx/img149/8558/newcontinent1a8rm.jpg

Baldurn took a swim out there to check it out but didnt find anything... does anyone know if this isle ever existed or if it's fake/bug?

LOL theres no island, its a fake. Some 1 tried this about a year ago , telling ppl that theres oilrig far south at sea and all the noobs were running like hell there. Nice try tho :laugh:

Tuurijuoppo said:
It's a fake :D

I've been playing since umm VU 5.1 and I've never seen that before. Also if you look at the picture you see that there's a yellow dot marking the estate area at atlas haven west. Well those markers came in VU 5.3 I think. So if I would have seen it before I would remember it.

Hope that makes some sence :p

It is not a fake! I was there with the priest to praise Lootius. It is a very empty and cold land - the islands (there are 3) are like 3 huge hills. If I am not mistaking, I would still have some pictures from the place at home .. I will look for them this evening! (IF we are talking about the same island though ..)

Lykke said:
It is not a fake! I was there with the priest to praise Lootius. It is a very empty and cold land - the islands (there are 3) are like 3 huge hills. If I am not mistaking, I would still have some pictures from the place at home .. I will look for them this evening! (IF we are talking about the same island though ..)

I don't think we are :) this isle is actually on the old Eudoria map.

To contribute a little myself, I have played since VU4.5(early ones) and i don't recall anything about an isle either, so I'm not that cinfident in it being a real, more like an ol urban legend like the Behemoth :D

EDIT: I have adjusted the VU number after doing a little research, and I have been here since VU 4.5 and not 5.x as i earlier thought

Last edited:
Nozzy said:
I don't think we are :) this isle is actually on the old Eudoria map.

To contribute a little myself, I have played since 5.X(early ones) and i don't recall anything about an isle either, so I'm not that cinfident in it being a real, more like an ol urban legend like the Behemoth :D

Hmm ... My bad then .. I will go and look though - because we DID swim out around that place. The island on the map is too big for being the same though, when thinking about it. Nevertheless .. WHY DONT WE MAKE A TEAM and go out there and explore ... ? A boat, anyone? :dunno:

Lykke said:
Hmm ... My bad then .. I will go and look though - because we DID swim out around that place. The island on the map is too big for being the same though, when thinking about it. Nevertheless .. WHY DONT WE MAKE A TEAM and go out there and explore ... ? A boat, anyone? :dunno:

I'm in :D just let me get out of school first...

I thought it was a hoax as well, like the oil rig, that is why I took the time to swim out. It is there, it does not appear on your map, it is just three mountains in the middle of nowhere, no mos, did not mine so not sure on the mineral content. When you swim close the water disappears and you are swimming in the air, that is the only cool feature, nit sure what other purpose this place serves. There is a thread on here that gives the exact coordinates.

Kombinator said:
I thought it was a hoax as well, like the oil rig, that is why I took the time to swim out. It is there, it does not appear on your map, it is just three mountains in the middle of nowhere, no mos, did not mine so not sure on the mineral content. When you swim close the water disappears and you are swimming in the air, that is the only cool feature, nit sure what other purpose this place serves. There is a thread on here that gives the exact coordinates.

we're not talking about the three hills... (check the screenshot please...)

Sorry that link doesnt work so heres the map https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/4/4/8/pecalypso602.jpg]
pecalypso602_thumb.jpg
[/url][br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I think you are all misunderstanding.

YES there is an island that is made of 3 hills that still exists.

BUT that is NOT the one that is being dicussed in this thread.

LOOK at the screenshot and there is an island on the map in the bottom left hand corner.

If that island is real, it did not exist 3 years ago, I once tryed swimming to 0x0 and you could not back then, and I never saw any island down there. I havn't been nack sence. Ya I've seen those hills out in the ocean, but it's not an island.

been to that island waste of time all it is is two big hills with notihng on it and water round thats visible anyway i wouldnt bother going there its kinda boring cept if u tp there

the overwhelming lack of intelligence in this thread is making me feel nauseous.

Mikeemoo said:
the overwhelming lack of intelligence in this thread is making me feel nauseous.

hah, you too? :D

OK, I can see with my two own eyes that the picture of the "old map" is a fake where the "island" is located at the bottom left. I have played since December 2003 / January 2004 and I have never seen a island down there and I have been out there a couple of times and I have never seen that island. First: why would MindArk place a island that far out into the ocean? Looking at the picture it seems that it's a Pre-Gold image and TP-chips wasn't available then so why would anyone take the time to swim out there just to hunt? Secondly: that little island is probably just a cut and paste from some part of the Eudoria mainland, which he/she placed out in the ocean. Look I can make a hidden island too:
My own secret island
I just made that in 1 minute, lol.

Last edited:
Back