How accurate is Entropedia.info on values?

mmabigshow

Alpha
MMA Big Show
I'm interested in knowing how accurate Entropedia is on the current value of items in EU.

Is it typically outdated?

I need to find values on Paintings, Rare Weapons, Rare Armor and other artifacts.

What is the best resource to at least get a general idea on the approx values?

Thanks!

PE Auction appears to have values on a lot of these things.
Can PE Auction be easily manipulated? Just looking for accuracy.

the best option is probably right here on EF :D

most sales, purchases are documented here in various threads.

peauction uses the "Expiring auction items" section in the client loader as source.

Therefore, it doesn't include BO:s.

And its about as accurate as you could expect because of that...

entropedia is supposed to be based on peauction, but I don't know how well that works... entropedia prices often seem weird to me.. Not used it much for pricing though.

For high end items, there isn't really any existing single source for a good price.

You have to gauge its usefullness and rareness and affection value to other items in game with known sales, found through PEauction, here on EF, and inside the game in the "market value" graph. (use the graph, not the summary day/week/month/etc numbers)
Also weighing in who might be interested etc...

I'd say its more art then science...

Entropedia is based on pe-auction by default, as alh says. Users can edit in a price from the in-game data, overriding the pe-auction data.

Probably the best way to check is to use the in-game data. You can do that for any item that can be listed in the auction. Go to the relevant auction category, click Orders, click Place Order. There'll be a list of items on the left, click the item you're interested in. There's a little market data icon at the top, click that.

However, for really rare items the data is pretty meaningless as auction sales will be very rare or even non-existent. You need to value it yourself really, or do a pricecheck thread here if you need help working out the value of a particular item.

Thanks guys, it's basically what I figured. I'm going to have to cross reference items through the various sources and establish their values.

My asking about these sources is because, regardless of how long someone has been in EU it's impossible to know the current values of every item in the game, especially very rare items.

I have about 1 million PED worth of incoming inventory not including the property which is a Castle and I am working to ensure the most accurate value is established for these items before I begin their associated sales campaigns.

I appreciate the help.

Thanks.

Thanks guys, it's basically what I figured. I'm going to have to cross reference items through the various sources and establish their values.

My asking about these sources is because, regardless of how long someone has been in EU it's impossible to know the current values of every item in the game, especially very rare items.

I have about 1 million PED worth of incoming inventory not including the property which is a Castle and I am working to ensure the most accurate value is established for these items before I begin their associated sales campaigns.

I appreciate the help.

Thanks.

You are probably going to have to do a "price check" here for those types of items. For instance, the Castle is probably an Estate which will probably show a value of around 1k peds in auction. Of course, the value of a Castle is much greater then 1k.

I must agree with what's been said.

The only real way to establish a price for items that are almost unique is to ask.

"How much do yo all think this is worth" and "how much would you pay for it."

The two questions are not the same.

Personally, I might be prepared to bid 10K for a castle, but think it's worth 100K.

Personally, I might be prepared to bid 10K for a castle, but think it's worth 100K.

Morningtear Castle sold last month for 65k. ;)

Back