how big does a hof need to be for you to consider withdrawing it?

what hof value would you consider withdrawing?

  • 1000

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • 2000

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3000

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4000

    Votes: 2 1.9%
  • 5000

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 7500

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 10000

    Votes: 8 7.5%
  • 15000

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • 20000

    Votes: 12 11.3%
  • 30000+

    Votes: 69 65.1%

  • Total voters
    106

jambon

Prowler
Joined
Dec 14, 2006
Posts
1,494
Location
Ottawa
Society
Shaolin
Avatar Name
James Jambon Zidane
I think most players are in the same boat...

We all dream of hitting a big ath/hof we can cash out. But I think for the most part many of us hope for large hofs not specifically to cash out but just as a means to fund our play and purchasing of gear.

As a mid level player I personally see a hof of 4000 peds not as be something I would rush to cash out but instead I see it as a means to play with the houses money for a while and maybe pick up smaller items I may want in game.

For me I think a hof would need to be bigger than 15k - 20k to really consider pulling some of it out.

I'm curious what would you consider a hof amount worth cashing out rather than just using towards your everyday bankroll or gear purchasing.
 

Legends

Stalker
Joined
Dec 31, 2006
Posts
1,805
Location
Twin Peaks mall, 2nd floor
Society
Dirty Dingos
Avatar Name
Inherent Marxus Legends
I have never made a withdrawal in Entropia yet even though I have been around since 2006 and have made lots of profit on stuff during that time (mostly on CLDs). I just always re-invest everything into the game, i.e. Land Plot development, shops, inventory, etc...

I don't really plan on ever making a withdrawal either, my plan is to create awesome content in the game if MA allows me too (hint hint, get going on that Land Plot development MA, I got lots of PED to invest there - hehe :laugh:)
 

Liu

Old Alpha
Joined
Oct 26, 2006
Posts
813
Location
Paris, France
Society
Alchemic Dream
Avatar Name
Killashandra Liu Ling
I think below 50k I will not consider a withdrawal ever again.
I will mostly buy stuff if I ever hit something nice. So that I may not have to give away my skills to fit my budget.

MA God please hear me :xfrown:
 

BackBone

Dominant
Joined
May 16, 2006
Posts
489
Location
Portugal
Avatar Name
BackBone Angelina Praias
I would only withdraw an ATH, so 50k+ for me (mining).

The rest stays ingame for me to cycle (and lose) :laugh:
 

MsPudding

Elite
Joined
Feb 2, 2011
Posts
2,758
Location
Salt Lake City, USA
Avatar Name
Rachel MsPudding Hawkins
Ya'll know that everyone over at MA Headquarters are reading this thread going...

"hmmm okay, yes... Okay, hmmm gotcha. Yup, adding that name to the list. Okay, updated that avatar's HOF threshold, thank you. Who else? Oh, yup I added them already. Oh, no I had missed them for some reason, woah that one had an ATH threshold of 800k OMG glad we caught that. Ok, we're good, everyone's locked in for life!". :laugh:
 

Alina

Elite
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Posts
2,826
Location
Bucharest
Society
freeeeee
Avatar Name
Stoica Alina Alina
a new player will withdraw most of it but a player will experience will play with the money , its so eazy to make money when you have 100k bugdet vs 20k for exemple

myself i get a 50-100k think ill take out max 20k (a thats a maybe)
 

LeelooM

Prowler
Joined
Jun 26, 2013
Posts
1,492
Location
Belgium
Society
Spectra
Avatar Name
Leeloo Leeloo Mountain
a new player will withdraw most of it but a player will experience will play with the money , its so eazy to make money when you have 100k bugdet vs 20k for exemple

myself i get a 50-100k think ill take out max 20k (a thats a maybe)
Agree and for myself it would be 50-100K also
 

Jas

Alpha
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Posts
680
Society
Shaolin
Avatar Name
Jar Jasis Sismondi
It would have to be a monster HOF to consider taking money out (like the 400K+ mining uber). As others have said, there are a lot of opportunities to invest in the game and as a long time player (old git) that's probably what I would do. I'm certain that monster HOF will arrive right after I win the Euro-millions lottery. :laugh::laugh:
 

TeesMaarKhan

Old Alpha
Joined
Aug 19, 2011
Posts
883
Location
London
Society
Shaolin
Avatar Name
Tees Maar Khan
I don't think I will ever withdraw I will re invest and grow further in game...I enjoy it so much been here 13 years and plan to carry on going.

Rule no 1

What you make in EU, stays in EU

Regards
Tees
 

S.R. Trader

Provider
Joined
Nov 21, 2016
Posts
114
Location
Spain
Avatar Name
Silk Road Trader
For me its the other way arround I think. If I'd actually get a 5 digit hof I would prob start investing and stop withdrawing. I really dont have the patience to sloooooowly gather +50k peds to buy some nice gear tbh.
 

bigdaddy trim

Stalker
Joined
Sep 15, 2011
Posts
1,664
Location
England, Nottingshire
Society
Freelancer
Avatar Name
bigdaddy longhairedlover trim
I have always said to my self if i got a ATH i would withdraw half and invest the other half. My bankroll in game seems to be more than enougth for what i do now so i am content that i have enougth to play with.
 

~ Cirrus ~

Old Alpha
Joined
Dec 27, 2017
Posts
975
MA will read this, right ?

Well, if I get an ATH, not only would I never withdraw money, I'd deposit twice the amount right after. :rolleyes:
 
Last edited:

S.R. Trader

Provider
Joined
Nov 21, 2016
Posts
114
Location
Spain
Avatar Name
Silk Road Trader
MA will read this, right ?

Well, if I get an ATH, not only would I never withdraw money, I deposit twice the amount right after. :rolleyes:
I hope so, cause I just stated I will withdraw peds until I get a 5 digit Hof :D :D :D
 

TACUTTING

Old Alpha
Joined
Jun 17, 2009
Posts
758
Location
Raven valley
Society
Ice Cold
Avatar Name
Tacutting
anything under 100 K is just a refund
 

wizz

Elite
Joined
May 29, 2005
Posts
3,818
Location
Brabant
Society
The Ministry
Avatar Name
Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
Let's rephrase the question: How long without a hof before you consider to withdraw?

That's a more realistic question :tongue2:
 

livius

Alpha
Joined
Feb 17, 2011
Posts
667
Location
Germany
Society
Skyfall
Avatar Name
Livius Beyond Godlike
Something over 200k maybe I’ll withdraw 50 k anything under 100k it’s just tt payback
 

Xen

Mutated
Joined
Sep 10, 2005
Posts
10,145
Society
Payn-Inc
Avatar Name
Xendar Xen Xal
Right now it's getting pretty close to not needing a hof at all to withdraw, the withdrawal itself after I sell everything would be a the hof.
 

Hego Damask

Alpha
Joined
Jun 26, 2019
Posts
694
Society
Yes
Avatar Name
Hego Damask II
Missing the no withdraw option from the poll.

I have a very long wishlist, no ath is big enough to buy the 10% of them.
 

Parlog

Elite
Joined
Oct 10, 2006
Posts
3,520
Location
Germany
Society
THE MINISTRY
Avatar Name
Parlog Gothakaur
RL reasons would make me withdraw, ingame reasons probably not, i would buy in some more i guess. If a really big ATH passed my ways, i would probably one day become one of these ranting Ubahs... ahhh cycle is too big, its my guns fault and stuff like that... happily i am not :)

if the game pisses me off, i withdraw my attention from it for some months, there are so many more things to explore behind the window to my right, no need to freak out about the game
 
Last edited:

jambon

Prowler
Joined
Dec 14, 2006
Posts
1,494
Location
Ottawa
Society
Shaolin
Avatar Name
James Jambon Zidane
Wow, this has indeed been enlightening for sure and is pretty closely aligned with what I expected to see. With exception of the values being a bit higher than I initially thought. It's crazy that the vast majority are holding out for a 30k+ to actually pull out considering how rare those are.

This might partially be because people feel MA is listening so they are padding their values a bit though. People might be SAYING 30k+ but might actually consider a lower amount.

I don't think people need to worry about MA watching this thread, they have spent the last 15 years being masters of knowing the exact value of hofs they can give to minimize the chances of players pulling it out. They don't need you to tell them what your value is because chances are they already know. In essence they probably know you better than you know yourself in that regard. I wouldn't doubt that they have put in significant energy turning the idea of how much to give and how often and to who into a science.

I really don't think it's a coincidence that the average max HOF each day falls well into the values that have 0 votes in this poll. When we do see hofs larger than normal, I wonder how often it's going to an avatar that's personal withdraw threshold is still higher than that value?

Very interesting for sure... :popcorn:
 

wizz

Elite
Joined
May 29, 2005
Posts
3,818
Location
Brabant
Society
The Ministry
Avatar Name
Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
Wow, this has indeed been enlightening for sure and is pretty closely aligned with what I expected to see. With exception of the values being a bit higher than I initially thought. It's crazy that the vast majority are holding out for a 30k+ to actually pull out considering how rare those are.

This might partially be because people feel MA is listening so they are padding their values a bit though. People might be SAYING 30k+ but might actually consider a lower amount.

I don't think people need to worry about MA watching this thread, they have spent the last 15 years being masters of knowing the exact value of hofs they can give to minimize the chances of players pulling it out. They don't need you to tell them what your value is because chances are they already know. In essence they probably know you better than you know yourself in that regard. I wouldn't doubt that they have put in significant energy turning the idea of how much to give and how often and to who into a science.

I really don't think it's a coincidence that the average max HOF each day falls well into the values that have 0 votes in this poll. When we do see hofs larger than normal, I wonder how often it's going to an avatar that's personal withdraw threshold is still higher than that value?

Very interesting for sure... :popcorn:
Don't forget to put on your tinfoil hat again!!
 

MikeH

Alpha
Joined
Jan 1, 2016
Posts
511
Society
AoC 2.0
Avatar Name
Mike KingMike007 Hussey
They don't need you to tell them what your value is because chances are they already know. In essence they probably know you better than you know yourself in that regard.
Not possible no one can tell if someone has something going on in their minds for future. May be i am hunting lvl 20 mobs just cause i dont have equipments for lvl 70 or may be i am hunting lvl 20 mobs to get lucky and get 10k for my widthrawal ?
 

jambon

Prowler
Joined
Dec 14, 2006
Posts
1,494
Location
Ottawa
Society
Shaolin
Avatar Name
James Jambon Zidane
Not possible no one can tell if someone has something going on in their minds for future. May be i am hunting lvl 20 mobs just cause i dont have equipments for lvl 70 or may be i am hunting lvl 20 mobs to get lucky and get 10k for my widthrawal ?
You're taking what I said far too literally, I'm speaking in more the general sense they probably know based on trends what the most likely outcome would be should they provide a given avatar with a HoF of X value based on the actions of other avatars with similar activity.

Of course there are exceptions to all of this... noobs their 6th day in can hit a 10k hof, someone that's always playing at high stakes never withdrawing suddenly changes to low-level and cashes out everything over 1k...etc. They will never nail down the outcome 100% of the time but even if they can predict it correctly 20%, 40%, 60% of the time, it has a huge impact on their profits by reducing withdrawals and increasing their rake.

Obviously there's unpredictability here but patterns and trends appear. This can be seen just by looking at the poll results. Right now there are 57 votes and of those votes no one has picked a value from 2000-7500. Even if 1 person were to pick a value in that range right now that would equate to a 1.72% chance of loss for MA.

Imagine that there were only 58 people in the game. Based on these numbers if MA gave out a 5000 ped to one of these people there is only a 1.72% chance that person would be the one to pull it out. Yet there is a 98.28% chance that it will be an avatar that will just cycle it back into the game over and over until inevitably it's all back into MA's pockets for keeps. This could be dialed in even further over time by cross referencing trends in user activity to their actions when given a large HoF. I'm just basing this off a poll - MA has all the actual hard data from peoples actions over the last 15 years in which to base their calculations. Again, I think this is done using a general large scale approach not specific to individual avatars and they don't get it right 100% of the time but they certainly get it right SOME of the time which has a big impact.

I'm simplifying here but you get the idea.
 

bigdaddy trim

Stalker
Joined
Sep 15, 2011
Posts
1,664
Location
England, Nottingshire
Society
Freelancer
Avatar Name
bigdaddy longhairedlover trim
You're taking what I said far too literally, I'm speaking in more the general sense they probably know based on trends what the most likely outcome would be should they provide a given avatar with a HoF of X value based on the actions of other avatars with similar activity.

Of course there are exceptions to all of this... noobs their 6th day in can hit a 10k hof, someone that's always playing at high stakes never withdrawing suddenly changes to low-level and cashes out everything over 1k...etc. They will never nail down the outcome 100% of the time but even if they can predict it correctly 20%, 40%, 60% of the time, it has a huge impact on their profits by reducing withdrawals and increasing their rake.

Obviously there's unpredictability here but patterns and trends appear. This can be seen just by looking at the poll results. Right now there are 57 votes and of those votes no one has picked a value from 2000-7500. Even if 1 person were to pick a value in that range right now that would equate to a 1.72% chance of loss for MA.

Imagine that there were only 58 people in the game. Based on these numbers if MA gave out a 5000 ped to one of these people there is only a 1.72% chance that person would be the one to pull it out. Yet there is a 98.28% chance that it will be an avatar that will just cycle it back into the game over and over until inevitably it's all back into MA's pockets for keeps. This could be dialed in even further over time by cross referencing trends in user activity to their actions when given a large HoF. I'm just basing this off a poll - MA has all the actual hard data from peoples actions over the last 15 years in which to base their calculations. Again, I think this is done using a general large scale approach not specific to individual avatars and they don't get it right 100% of the time but they certainly get it right SOME of the time which has a big impact.

I'm simplifying here but you get the idea.
Lol i think you are looking far far to much into this. You have a little poll asking a open question that a tiny proportion of people who use this forum and you come up with a a ludicrous theory.
 

jambon

Prowler
Joined
Dec 14, 2006
Posts
1,494
Location
Ottawa
Society
Shaolin
Avatar Name
James Jambon Zidane
Lol i think you are looking far far to much into this. You have a little poll asking a open question that a tiny proportion of people who use this forum and you come up with a a ludicrous theory.
:lolup: you clearly missed the part where I said I was simplifying in response to that other post. I know this is a small sample of data that isn't verifiable by any other metric than people being honest in their responses.

Look, as we all know every year MA does up a financial statement where they dryly talk about the flow of peds in and out of the game as profits/losses/liabilities/assets. They also talk about budgets for things like marketing, office supplies...etc. and discuss ways of improving their profits while also limiting their expenses by adjusting how they operate. Just as any business does.

I'm merely posing the thought of "you know, I bet they track what happens to the peds issued in HoFs and the average hof values that are paid out are based on parameters set that are more for their benefit than ours" and for that suddenly I'm a crack-pot theorist coming up with ludicrous theories. lol ok then... :rolleyes:

Were you the 1 person that voted 4k too just for spite? :laugh:

Ok, maybe I'm wrong - maybe it's all random... but if companies like Google, Amazon, Microsoft and Facebook can currently offer tools for advertisers to get their products advertised in front of the people mostly likely to buy (based on their tracking and comparative data). You don't think it's at least PLAUSIBLE that MA uses similar logic to try to pay out hofs in such a way it's most likely to stay in the game rather than be withdrawn?
 
Last edited:

Fanan

Stalker
Joined
May 27, 2008
Posts
1,608
Location
Portugal
Avatar Name
Fanan Head Shot
Actually with my current RL situation maybe around 80k PED. +/-

- 15k for new armor set
- 40k for weapons/amps
- 25k for ammo (budget)
 

Liu

Old Alpha
Joined
Oct 26, 2006
Posts
813
Location
Paris, France
Society
Alchemic Dream
Avatar Name
Killashandra Liu Ling
Wow, this has indeed been enlightening for sure and is pretty closely aligned with what I expected to see. With exception of the values being a bit higher than I initially thought. It's crazy that the vast majority are holding out for a 30k+ to actually pull out considering how rare those are.

This might partially be because people feel MA is listening so they are padding their values a bit though. People might be SAYING 30k+ but might actually consider a lower amount.

I don't think people need to worry about MA watching this thread, they have spent the last 15 years being masters of knowing the exact value of hofs they can give to minimize the chances of players pulling it out. They don't need you to tell them what your value is because chances are they already know. In essence they probably know you better than you know yourself in that regard. I wouldn't doubt that they have put in significant energy turning the idea of how much to give and how often and to who into a science.

I really don't think it's a coincidence that the average max HOF each day falls well into the values that have 0 votes in this poll. When we do see hofs larger than normal, I wonder how often it's going to an avatar that's personal withdraw threshold is still higher than that value?

Very interesting for sure... :popcorn:

I withdrew once after a nice loot.
I have depo afterwards twice the amount and still miss the item.

This is why I think I really won't withdraw again, as my irl finances allow me to play. And a withdrawal wont buy me another house, so let's just enjoy the game.

(I just hope they find a fix for the mayhem skill issue)
 
Top