Info: How do YOU profit when mining?

How do YOU make profit while mining?

• Lines exist. Poke around until i find a line then follow it.

Votes: 14 5.3%
  • Mining is random. Drop, pray, and get lucky.

Votes: 118 45.0%
  • CND is the only way to profit. Go CND and go big.

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Mining amped is the only good way to profit.

Votes: 12 4.6%
  • Mining amped is just a more risky way to mine, nothing else.

Votes: 40 15.3%
  • I hate mining, I always lose my ass. :(

Votes: 69 26.3%

• Total voters
I have sevreal areas I mine regularly If they seem to be slow I go to a different one. If they are all slow I go back to a place where I know lyst and oil is plentyful and mine there the rest of the run.

20 claims of lyst is better then 40 to 50 nrf. Dont let people kid you...profiting is no longer key in EU its loss management. Seeking high MU ores without the skills or gear will keep you broke.

Explore and find areas where ores are and DOCUMENT THIS. Then keep going back to these areas and work them. If they are not producing in a resonably short time MOVE.. Most miners hang in a shitty area hoping for the catch up global. BIG MISTAKE. Go somewhere else that is spawning and get that catch up global there. A bad area WILL NOT get better the longer you stay.

profiting is no longer key in EU its loss management.

well said...

a good amount of miners in EU ARE successful... and not because they have squall's amp...

I can think of at least 3 in my soc who have never put a dime in the game, but have become successful by trying to stay close to even until they hit a good one...

they have learned from experience, know where to find stuff, and maximize the mu when they sell stuff...

Well, option #2 comes the closest to my approach.. though besides the sheer randomness, i do put effort into one methodical aspect that i simply don't relly feel like sharing, sorry ;)

No amps and no CND. It's as simple as that. ;)

No amps and no CND. It's as simple as that. ;)

Yeah... as always, swirleys does not mean profit.
Mining on a high level with amps just means you need a bigger budget before you can expect to hit that 90% TT return.
And realize that anything above 90% TT return means you were lucky, and that this luck is not likely to hold over time. They are quickly eaten up by those 30%-50% runs you get now and then.

this is the secret to eu

(tt+mu for activity < loot tt+mu) = profit

Yes. I'm constantly amazed over the amount of people who refuse to see this.

Mine without amps or L finders and you need 111% markup on your in average 90% TT return.
Mine with amps, and you need higher markup... Higher the bigger amps you choose.

Amps do not raise your % TT return... They just make you "mine faster" (and therefore lose faster if you do it badly)

The math is not hard...

Last edited:
No option for me to vote...

Many drops, good areas, good seekers, amps you change or take off depending on the moment... all comes to knowledge and time / ped you burn.
Oh, and yea, there's one good answer here - don't stop by crafting machine on the way to auction ;)

Some random thoughts:

Mining in PVP4 is riskier but potentially more rewarding. Certainly its cheaper to buy toxic shots than amps and if you use a vehicle properly you can substantially reduce risk of being PKed and looted.

Identify good mining areas and then don't overmine them. If you get lucky, don't push your luck, change it up and move on. If you global its unlikely that you'll global again in that area right away.

Some mob spawns are indicators of mineral presence, particularly in PVP4. But that's not a guarantee.

Don't buy amps. Don't get into slug fests with mobs that don't loot well.

Use a vehicle to move quickly and cover more ground or avoid mobs and PKers.

Expand your list of areas with good mining prospects as best you can. Keep on the move. Drop bombs selectively.

Keep stuff on auction. It need not be a large item but it helps your prospects I find.

If you deposit, buy skills rather than amps. IMV they provide a better ROI and are resaleable.

When i started to play this game the mining was good to me and the i started to lose big the worst mining i ever did was i wasted 3000 or 6000 orebombs brfore i got a global then i put a P for all mining ok sometimes i do mining its about 2-4 days per year and i am lvl 44 in prospectning.

1) Push your skills up, push your depth down.
2) Mining sites spawn when the button is pressed.
3) Lines exist but are not always 2x radius away. Look at point 2.
4) Only spend what you are willing to loose.
5) Timing is very important.
6) Research which areas contain which resources, then refer to point 1.
7) Use the right tool(s) for the job.
8) Random my @$$. PM me for more info.

Amps do not raise your % TT return... They just make you "mine faster" (and therefore lose faster if you do it badly).

I thought amps increased the size of the find?
How do they make you mine faster?
Can you reiterate please?

Also, What's a "swirly"?
:/

Collect all 19 parts of Dr. Almon Duchev Log's and then you will get TOP SECRET Almon Duchev Mining log.....It will explain all mining secrets tricks and it will make you Rich.....
Duchev was a man of many secrets
Hm...I have like 7 parts of these up for sale.
:)

Tippin'

P.S. The actual "poll" is silly....Only two viable "options", neither of which are a specific method. I just trolled hoping for actual advice, which i got from a couple "actual" replies.(thx!)
Well, I guess "drop and pray" can be but porlly whoever relies on that won't be mining very long....

:p

I thought amps increased the size of the find?
How do they make you mine faster?
Can you reiterate please?

Also, What's a "swirly"?
:/

Hm...I have like 7 parts of these up for sale.
:)

Tippin'

P.S. The actual "poll" is silly....Only two viable "options", neither of which are a specific method. I just trolled hoping for actual advice, which i got from a couple "actual" replies.(thx!)
Well, I guess "drop and pray" can be but porlly whoever relies on that won't be mining very long....

:p

You will know a swirly when you see it :)

I found something very very nice. What happens when you cross number spiral with probibility and a Nightbird. I will tell you in a few days :)

Lot's of good info here, thanks everyone. Maybe I should have put a "other" option on the poll :laugh:

Get bombs get probes get amps and toxic shot and see you in PvP4 :laugh:

"Better markup in mining" is a bit of ignorant statement. It really boils down to what you like.

What you need to do in your activity of choice is to find breaking even point. I.e. necessary turnover for your avatar in a relative period needed to achieve 90-95% or maybe 100% tt return. Then verify that cycle with a few rinse and repeat then eco & markup management.

It's extremely simple, just that for most players that relative turnover is WAY higher than their pedcard, be it because they gamble too much or that MA needs to be sure that a portion of players will keep depositing.

Rest of it, skillgains, timer, amped, double bomb or other considerations are fine tuning/fruitcake.

I like mining CND. :)

Back