Help: How do you put a picture up without link breaking?

Doraim

Provider
Everytime I try to put a picture up on here the way it's explained to be done in the help, it allways breaks and doesn't work and needs to be fixed by a moderator. I upload the picture to gallery just fine, but it always breaks when try to post the link into a post. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is the system broken?

Do you upload the picture to imgur or another image-hosting site, and then include media in your post (add link in the media)?

I upload to the forum gallery, where it shows normally. Then use the "insert image" to put link in and it just shows a broken image. I've tried using imgur, but just puts a link to the photo instead of putting the photo itself in the post.

When you open an image in the gallery by clicking on the name of the file, look for the "share this media" part down right (desktop version of the site), and use the Copy image BB code.

When you open an image in the gallery by clicking on the name of the file, look for the "share this media" part down right (desktop version of the site), and use the Copy image BB code.
That's for when you use an image from another site, I'm talking about the gallery from this forum. The only thing it has is a button to copy link, which I use, then paste that into the "insert image" button when making a post. There is no "share this media".

go to gallery.
click link.
go to url bar in anther tab
paste
Then go to Copy image link and copy that text and paste it in to the insert image thing and insert it.

For some reason the link is a link to the main webpage the image is on not the actual link to the image itself.

When you click on the name of the file (its a link) in the gallery you get in the screen like in this screenshot, where you can see the links to use bottom right.

index.php

go to gallery.
click link.
go to url bar in anther tab
paste
Then go to Copy image link and copy that text and paste it in to the insert image thing and insert it.

For some reason the link is a link to the main webpage the image is on not the actual link to the image itself.
When you click on the name of the file (its a link) in the gallery you get in the screen like in this screenshot, where you can see the links to use bottom right.

index.php
That's a really stupid way they have this set up, but thankyou for explaining it properly.

Back