How do you think Entropia will end?

The virus on rocktropia will spread outward, consuming all the other planets one by one. Old cd's and cassette tapes will rain from the sky turning everyone they hit into zombies. When everyone is gone, zombie kong will look directly into the camera, and the credits will roll, with "gamer chick" playing in the background. Fade to black.
this somehow reminds of the movie Brainscan with Edward furlong.

I have been hearing about how Entropia is dying since I made my account, that was about 10 years ago, and look at that the game is still here.

Always the same people posting the same tin foil hat doomsday crap. I would like to see more updates on UE5 and things in that regard from MA though on a serious note.

While I quoted some people. I feel there a lot of that thinking going on. It's not even wrong but really ? Anyone considered life ?
When you buy a new cellphone you pay premium price. If you buy a 5 years release. Its not longer the same price even if brand new on the box.
What's the difference between EU and real life ? I dont see anyone bitching cause they got a phone or tv cheaper because they didnt buy the brand new model with more features.

Yeah, there will always be TV and "Sacrifical dagger" that keep good value because of their unique perk(s) but it's called evolution of technology. Even each of us work value is being diminished by improvement of computer and machine technology. Why are people fighting over something in a game that they dont even really care enough to fight for IRL ??? Thats what puzzle me. Maybe everything should be cheap on the go but there goes the value of a RCE economy.(Be it IRL or INGAME!)

I remember that the first computer was much weaker than a today cellphone and still costed a arm, a leg, 2 nuts and a few lifetime of work hours. Today ? A week of work pay you a very good phone that destroy any capacity of the old one. Is it fair ? Humm... But it make sense.

I view EU as a game and simply some entertainment, back in the day a few 100 usd provided quite a reasonable setup to play the game. If people view 30000 usd as acceptable disposable cash just for a weapon, and don't care if it heavily depreciates then go for it. On a personal level, I've rather allocate that sort of money to something else.

EU is still possible to play with lower budgets, but the appetite to grind heavy without new loot 2 gear, doesn't interest me. Even with the right gear, the game requires quite a big bankroll.

It's a different game now. If people want to throw tens of thousands of usd at it, go smash it up, enjoy yourselves.

What people dont understand in entropia , specialy most of the "old" players

Entropia is ahead of its time. 2003 this game was on a lvl of 2020

Every gaming Company nowdays try to get the max out of theyr product
There are several other games where you see a paywall , easyest example is diablo immortal even diablo 3 had a paywall back in Times. But in return you get nothing that is actualy worth it

All games failed, entropia is still here and will sill be there untill infinity
The reason behind this is when you depo money here you can buy a real worth because there is a official market for this item , a real use to pull out more money

Time is money , money is time its in your Hand if you want to skip some time by buying valueable weapons
Or choose the safe and time consuming way

I give you a example of diablo 3 where i Played World Ranking top positions.
I did spend 5.000 Euro in the first months to get top tier items after reaching the end lvl while there was a auction my investment was safe and generated me 2000 Euro in a Bad month after two month i had back my investment (was running a Power lvling Shop too bsck in Times where i Manager to lvl up and gear up any Char to endgame withing 3 hours)
I made a 5 digit profit out of this game

Then they removed the real money auction made items Account bound after some time when you loot them , this completely whiped the value of everything . And turned many players money into ashes, the game did start to die because they removed the value

Entropia is diferent, the value will allways be here. Mindark does a very, very good job when it comes to Balance

We got a real economy running in here
Mindark want us to trade, they give us a part of the profit they make

I don't know how it will end, I guess there are so many ways this could go wrong and EU shuts down... yet so far it kept going against some people's predictions. Some of these people predict the same thing over and over and even in this thread, it's hilarious.

I have a different perspective for you, some food for thought:

Assume it will end this year. How was the journey for you?
Was it fun? Was it worth the time? If yes, then that's amazing, kudos for you!
If not, why did you stay? If you insisted of staying, did you try changing anything to make it better for you and for others?

If game would end soon and you could go back in time and play it differently, what things woud you do different? Write them down and treat it as a to do list for the near future. Focus on what you can change, not on what you can't control.

Project Entropia as we know it ended at some point and continued as Entropia Universe. I guess the same will happen to Entropia Universe when the engine change happens

Entropia is ahead of its time. 2003 this game was on a lvl of 2020
This remind me why Windows took over the market from mcintosh because mcintosh were 10 years ahead of time on concepts and decided to stay there for 15 years becoming a ahead of time with dated ecosystem and eventually falling behind.

It's true that MA ahead of it's time at release. WAY AHEAD! While all these games tried to find ingame purchases and how to monetize. We came from many system that end running our of things to sell even if digital because everyone has enough of everything or games that do hit and run vanishing with the money like a rpg ponzi scheme. Entropia was on the dot from the start but decided to rip their nipples since then doing very little to keep ahead of time. They stretching Unreal Engine upgrade to the limit and have way too many incomplete things that need to be implemented.

As others have said, this game has died and been reborn several times. Just thinking back to the gateway of Calypso, Port Atlantis, can show how many times the game has had pretty big changes. Who started by the tree? Who started at the back of the ship? Maybe you remember all the light bridges as vehicles were introduced... or perhaps you started on the newbie island and then came into the port we know today. Maybe you're someone as old as me or older, not even spawning in Port Atlantis. How about death? Did you ever run as a ghost? Did you just teleport to the last terminal used? Or did you start with it taking you to the closest terminal? So much has changed over the years that the game as it sits now is vastly different from how it was in the old days. For many of us that were around back then, this game felt like it captured lightning in a bottle and for many of us, that lightning escaped and we've just stuck around hoping to get it back in. I'm one of those - for me that lightning was the community that the game had back then and for me, I noticed that with each new area people could go, the community thinned a bit more until eventually the world started to feel empty. For me, the death of the game was when the world fell silent and my friends list slowly shrank until now only a few old-timers are left on it, but the game is still alive for others and likely will be for a while.

I've been around for 20 years and seen PE/EU go through several ups and downs - I don't foresee it shutting down any time soon, but I'm also pretty sure it will come to an end one day. It's highly unlikely that it will just shut down suddenly, the game still turns a profit, but as users dwindle and the profit margins get thinner, we'll eventually start seeing the signs. Predicting when or how is something people have done for a very long time. Just a few off the top of my head:

Updating the engine to Morrowind version of Gamebryo, people said it would kill the game.
VU6.0 loot changes, people swore would be the death of the game.
The run speed nerf that killed the ability to kite farm most mobs without any armor, that pissed off a lot of people.
CryEngine update, lots of people kicked and screamed up to the time it deployed because they were on ancient PCs.

Every time the game has gone on - large groups would leave, but others would join with the new features. I think the tell-tale sign will be when there are a series of universally derided changes to the game. As long as there are still new players and the game remains profitable, they'll keep it running. There were times before that could have spelled doom for the game, such as the 2008 financial crisis or back in the very early days when MA was raided on allegations of using unlicensed software. So, I guess there is an answer - what will the end of EU look like? It will look like a situation where the game is no longer profitable enough to justify keeping it running. That will likely take longer than with many games though, as EU has a very deeply entrenched player base that has spent an incredibly sum of money... that alone will keep things rolling.

Now pardon me as I go log in for some nostalgia before disappearing for a while once more.

I'd say it will end badly. All things come to an end, eventually. Enjoy the ride, keep your blinders tightly fastened and speed forward! When a company sells shares and land deeds in its game for shareholders, makes me wonder if RL share release though not needed was put thru anyways? How would one invest in something that has sold a major portion of profits thru in game CLD/share holders (100% shareholders now). Speaking as one whose account was compromised and lost almost everything after 10 years or more playing. Going thru and seeing how it all works was enough for me to say wasted time and wasted money. Like i say you are either paying to play or being paid to play. Too many 'curtains' not enough 'clarity' in game to keep it going without the sort of sacrifices that seem to be happening to keep it afloat.

only ends if there's no incentive to keep shooting and/or we move to competitors.

It will surprise no one that I have already booked my table. Looking forward to seeing you all there!

🍽️

Probably more or less as it is now but with some UE5 added here and there.

This will end when a competitor over takes this game. That D3 real cash auction would have been the EU killer, but Blizz effed up and they had to scrap it. We should be safe from any mainstream game company from overtaking this game for a very long while. I doubt a new start up company can take over. Signs of ending will be if we see a very significant drop in explosive HOF and CLD payout drops for an extended period of time then we know then end is near. As long as the EP gamblers are donating to MA we're fine.

entropia will end when the world is taken over by AI, or if we manage to nuke ourselves in a few years 🤡

When you hang out in areas that become like home in a game, and then they destroy it environmentally, there are only memories left.
I cant say for others but the reason I loved this game from the start was the incredible landscapes that were so beautifull before the last Graphics Update.
It has taken years to try and correct it, but it still sucks.. The loss of all the big trees. The Ugly clouds. The cheesy sky colors. The bad draw distance reloads, and the nasty smog everywhere you go inland.
Although the trade off for the surface details IMO was worth it I am still dissapointed.
Face it this game 4 years ago was really bad!

Now this:
This is when it dies for me!
"All terrain has been smoothed on Arkadia Moon to make life easier for miners"
It took along time to get the moon looking good again.
The colors were back. The Yellows and Purples, Reds. Everything looking great (ecept for the smog).
As of this moment it's like a giant ball of Common Dung.
All the really cool ground graphics are destroyed, the Smog is back 10x. The terrain they smoothed out redraws the negative spaces like nasty brown patches.
The new ground is ugly beyound belief.
It's this disregard for Beauty and Diversity that will be the end of this game as I knew it.

Not sure how the next graphics upgrade will affect these environmental Issues, but maybe the current generation of developers needs to replaced by AI?
The bigger question though is will we have an incredible looking world to play in, or just a bunch of sandboxes to run BOTs, and grind Instances?

When you hang out in areas that become like home in a game, and then they destroy it environmentally, there are only memories left.
I cant say for others but the reason I loved this game from the start was the incredible landscapes that were so beautifull before the last Graphics Update.
It has taken years to try and correct it, but it still sucks.. The loss of all the big trees. The Ugly clouds. The cheesy sky colors. The bad draw distance reloads, and the nasty smog everywhere you go inland.
Although the trade off for the surface details IMO was worth it I am still dissapointed.

Now this:
The colors were back. The Yellows and Purples, Reds. Everything looking great (ecept for the smog).
All the really cool ground graphics are destroyed, the Smog is back 10x. The terrain they smoothed out redraws the negative spaces like nasty brown patches.
It's this disregard for Beauty and Diversity that will be the end of this game as I knew it.

Not sure how the next graphics upgrade will affect these environmental Issues, but maybe the current generation of developers needs to replaced by AI?
The bigger question though is will we have an incredible looking world to play in, or just a bunch of sandboxes to run BOTs, and grind Instances?
I felt the same way when this happened.

Last edited:
The sky is always falling in Entropia.

I'll be here after , sweeping up the mess.

Now this:

Just re the smog, have all graphics on high/very high (whichever you run on) and turn post processing down to medium. It removes the smog.

Case #3 - Mindark will change the reserve currency to a crypto that's pegged to gold and become recession-proof whilst enabling same-day deposits and withdrawals.

Im looking forward to it, i mean not that entropia goes down but if that ever happen (wich i hope never will) what kind of favoritism and dirty laundry will come to light and lawsuits about losing accesss to virtual goods ect. I think the amount of ingame currency is not even 20% coverd by real money anymore, so if enough people withdraw at the same time it will bust like a house of cards. Eula or not, this will get very ugly , some people even might go to prison.

Before it crashes im pretty sure people will dump a silly amount of money into entropia months before the crash and the well informed will hurry to discretly withdraw. For the other 99% it will come out of nowhere and leave them scraps at best to get out of the game before lights go out.

Entropia Universe will outlive us all :cool:

Microsoft will buy it and reduce it to 4 buttons gameplay.

I want to agree, but MA heard about bitcoin 14 years ago. They still don't get it.

:LOL:

PXL_20230411_125112920.PORTRAIT-scaled.jpg

Back