How does the clipboard work in this game?

Jacob Vilianas

Hatchling
I am extremely confused, I can copy the items and stuff but then it doesn't work if I copy & paste it from somewhere else?

you should be able to copy/paste text in to notes or chat or the personal content creation system for signs, ads, etc.. Beware that there's a limit on how many characters each chat line can have so you need to stay under that. Beware that signs only show certain amount of text and will cut it off in the bottom if you don't preview it first to make sure that it works right. Beware that certain backgrounds in ad terminal don't display in the main screens the way they look in the preview screen.... flukey system that barely works honestly. Extremely overpriced for what you get back. However, if it doesn't look right after you do an ad, you can send a support ticket for a refund if needed.

I am extremely confused, I can copy the items and stuff but then it doesn't work if I copy & paste it from somewhere else?
What is "somewhere else"? Another application? That hasn't ever worked. Think of an item link like a token that is only valid in EU. Any other application doesn't know about it and, therefore, can't handle it. When you paste it to a text editor you get a lame textual interpretation. If you copy that text from your text editor to EU it's exactly that, a simple text.

Back