Question: How far in until you give up a hunt?

I still struggle to find some decent MU mob to hunt, oil market is totaly broken only some oil sell (heart/spleen) but those are hardly obtainable, tried some bot but when you gather 1k ped of robot part it become a pain to sell and everyone undercut big stacks... and most items on low/mid mob are tt trash or 105% which won t sell and make you loose market fee...

To be fair i was happy when i saw the loot change, bought a new setup, switched to MF as they are more affordable ( the MM amp give a 3.21dpp to my setup) bought an easter ring to max crit and add even more dpp (3.44) and i usually use candy cane (so 3.49dpp) for around 53 dps, with 60% eff but i still struggle to make a decent return on average.

I cycled around 100k (from early dec to now) lost around 5-7k ped (my tracker bugged 2 time i had to reset it) i got a 2.5k uber for the new year, but the MU i got is no ways near 5-7k ped... and i tried to hunt smart... (tried T4-5 compo but they are hard to loot and mob loot nothing else, tried robot, bery/bibo for muscle/ wood, and currently testing evi, i will try to save/depo more peds to hunt spidy (but this mean the use of enhancer which reduce my eff and my dpp to 3.375 and i will need at least 10-15k ped in amo to cycle properly)

i would like to test a 80-85% eff gun to see if it really change but i don t have the ped to buy a lvl 30 gun at 100k... and sadly as i did a giant break most of my ancient uber friend/contact stopped EU so i can t even borrow one, someone lended me a weak argo claw FEN and i tried it a little (around 20k cycled) but i didn't feel a big change to my return (but 20k isn t that much)

I'm at a point if anyone got some advice i'm fully open to hear them, but my current point of view is the game is still hard as always for mid players... if you can t hunt nice mob you won t loot any decent L item with some MU... (thats why i m thinking to switch to spider).
So i'm all open to suggestion...
I understand the feeling but have you read zho's post about eff and looter's effect on TT return in the long term? He tested it and charted it at multiple levels and his finds were that in theory if you had looter 100 and eff 100 in theory you vod get 190% TT returns but we'll never have a 100 eff gun but we can get infinitely close so, what's your current looter level? 50ish? You could be missing like 3% returns and with 60 eff you're missing another 3% so 93~ % returns long term is expected for you.

So until I get a high (90+) eff weapon and looter above 70s I don't expect consistent profits during hunts. As more and more mayhems or other events add in more high eff weapons, prices will go down. I don't imagine someone would wanna hoard a million dollars worth of "expected mu" on high eff weapons when there's more than enough for every player in game later on and take the smarter route to sell early when you can.

I understand the feeling but have you read zho's post about eff and looter's effect on TT return in the long term? He tested it and charted it at multiple levels and his finds were that in theory if you had looter 100 and eff 100 in theory you vod get 190% TT returns but we'll never have a 100 eff gun but we can get infinitely close so, what's your current looter level? 50ish? You could be missing like 3% returns and with 60 eff you're missing another 3% so 93~ % returns long term is expected for you.

So until I get a high (90+) eff weapon and looter above 70s I don't expect consistent profits during hunts. As more and more mayhems or other events add in more high eff weapons, prices will go down. I don't imagine someone would wanna hoard a million dollars worth of "expected mu" on high eff weapons when there's more than enough for every player in game later on and take the smarter route to sell early when you can.
sadly my loot lvl is low...

I want to see the formula he used that got him to this conclusion

have you read zho's post about eff and looter's effect on TT return in the long term? He tested it and charted it at multiple levels and his finds were that in theory if you had looter 100 and eff 100 in theory you vod get 190% TT returns

This is not at all what is represented in that thread. You, and many others need to read through that post again.

What Zho did was find an apparent linear correlation between looter levels and TT returns (also for efficiency if I am not mistaken) up to the point that was measured.

The chart you are referencing is made based on an assumption that 100 efficiency and 100 looter combined gives 100% TT returns. He also thoroughly explains that the chart is for fun, and that it is just a proposed possibility.

The chart is fun, and it seems to match up decently with what people are experiencing(in some cases). To look at it and say "this is what is expected for me" is flawed on many levels, however

This is not at all what is represented in that thread. You, and many others need to read through that post again.

What Zho did was find an apparent linear correlation between looter levels and TT returns (also for efficiency if I am not mistaken) up to the point that was measured.

The chart you are referencing is made based on an assumption that 100 efficiency and 100 looter combined gives 100% TT returns. He also thoroughly explains that the chart is for fun, and that it is just a proposed possibility.

The chart is fun, and it seems to match up decently with what people are experiencing(in some cases). To look at it and say "this is what is expected for me" is flawed on many levels, however
Not to mention JBK is at like 200+ looter isn’t he? Or we’ll above 100 at least. Even he’s not getting 99% returns from what I hear from his postings about bad runs occasionally

O
Not to mention JBK is at like 200+ looter isn’t he? Or we’ll above 100 at least. Even he’s not getting 99% returns from what I hear from his postings about bad runs occasionally
Or the fact that there is just a cap at level 100 Looter level and any higher doesn't do anything.

Kind of like having level 100 laser sniper hit and laser dmg at 100 doesn't matter when the gun is level 0-3

This one dude horus55 told me he's made triple his deposits at 56ish looter with the 80+ eff 2.0 powerfists and basically just profits, according to him

Min-maxing NI daily’s was a decent way to TT profit if you could hit over 95% return, which he would with that equipment. Horus used to do these because I used to do this too and would always bump into him on his rounds.

So not technically lying but not 100% honest, it’s gaming the daily missions. They have since nerfed the decent TT ones.

If loot is bad for maybe 1hr then i get bored and log off, and then come back a bit later.

Min-maxing NI daily’s was a decent way to TT profit if you could hit over 95% return, which he would with that equipment. Horus used to do these because I used to do this too and would always bump into him on his rounds.

So not technically lying but not 100% honest, it’s gaming the daily missions. They have since nerfed the decent TT ones.
That bastard

Not given up since 2004 ... that doesnt even make sense if you start to think about it.

the algorithm does not guarantee a pay out 95% to all players - it does happen but there are more factors at play - MA cannot live on 5% of deposits to run their company so most people have to lose as they need to force people to HAVE to deposit which is - imo - partly why there is no MU at most level and most people never loot a high value item - if players did they would depo less - MA no like dat.

Important note here - Mindark and planet partners do not and have never been paid from deposits or withdrawals for that matter. Bank fees are bank fees that are passed onto you. Mindark and PPs are paid by turnover (think money cyclers and rakes). Depositing at Mindark creates a liability. They don't need that. They need players to play and turnover their peds or UA for them to get paid.

Important note here - Mindark and planet partners do not and have never been paid from deposits or withdrawals for that matter. Bank fees are bank fees that are passed onto you. Mindark and PPs are paid by turnover (think money cyclers and rakes). Depositing at Mindark creates a liability. They don't need that. They need players to play and turnover their peds or UA for them to get paid.
Why do I get 100 ped of items from boxes or Uni ammos but 90 ped if I buy ped directly?

Just genuinely curious if there was an actual reason

Why do I get 100 ped of items from boxes or Uni ammos but 90 ped if I buy ped directly?

Just genuinely curious if there was an actual reason

Buying ped directly - bank fees. Typical bank fee is 3.5% on debit card. Notice how wire transfers (for MA) are no fee. You get 96.5ped per 100ped on a buy in this way, not 90.

Can't speak on the boxes, but the answer is going to lie on how the items in said boxes are treated within the system - that none of us really know about. There are reasons why you have to cycle the UA you get and Mindark math people have determined they don't need to charge you extra for buying the boxes/keys.

There are reasons why you have to cycle the UA you get and Mindark math people have determined they don't need to charge you extra for buying the boxes/keys.
So MA eats the fees and it benefits them for 99% of the players since they get under 96.5% tt return?

Buying ped directly - bank fees. Typical bank fee is 3.5% on debit card. Notice how wire transfers (for MA) are no fee. You get 96.5ped per 100ped on a buy in this way, not 90.

Can't speak on the boxes, but the answer is going to lie on how the items in said boxes are treated within the system - that none of us really know about. There are reasons why you have to cycle the UA you get and Mindark math people have determined they don't need to charge you extra for buying the boxes/keys.
There is no fee on any transaction in the webstore. Your charged the amount the item costs and nothing more not even taxes.

Back