How long have you gone without food?

Have you ever done a 21 day fast before? I have. I know a little about what I'm talking about.

No I haven't but I also know what I'm talking about.

I found it helpful, incidentally some religions have regular fasting although it only lasts during daylight hours not a whole 24 hours ( I lasted about 40 which was plenty :D )

Still got 7-10 more pounds to shift but I'll do that more conventionally with exercise and no naughty foods. :ahh:

Yes Mega, and also incidentally the longest-lived cultures have been found to practice fasting to some degree.

I take it your 100 hours a day of sweating to reach 4k Sweat Gatherer and your 25 hour a day Argo hunting hasn't helped with your weight then! Just a hunch :D

No one follow sledgehammer's advice please. He is very wrong.

"Wrong" is very subjective. What works for some may not work for others. If Sledge Hammer has tried it with success as he claims, it doesn't matter whether it's "wrong" or not.

You aren't a nutritionist.

Maybe he was, I don't believe you had any idea at the time of posting this despite him admitting to not being one afterwards.

You don't have to be a nutritionist to know something about nutrition, in fact the best nutritionist, doctor and health expert is YOURSELF. Only we can feel what we ourselves feel, no one else can. I personally think that the body can heal itself given the right tools (best nutrition possible).

In fact we wouldn't live in the world we live in today if people had thought and acted like with above mentality in the past. Inventions and discoveries have been made in the strangest of places by the most unlikely people.

It's a reasonable hunch Dalas, but the weight gain was overindulging over Christmas, and then carrying on into the new year.

I wont list the foods and drinks that contributed, but lets just say they were the wrong foods and drinks.

Today I had spaghetti on toast, oh and :lift:

Boring, but healthy. :)

It's a reasonable hunch Dalas, but the weight gain was overindulging over Christmas, and then carrying on into the new year.

I wont list the foods and drinks that contributed, but lets just say they were the wrong foods and drinks.

Today I had spaghetti on toast, oh and :lift:

Boring, but healthy. :)

That can actualy increase your muscle mass :p

Suggestion would be instead of working out, which im assuming was weight lifting at the gymn and stuff, make one big ass run, say 30-40 minutes, even 50-60 if youre feeling confident... now thats a weight burner :D Just make sure you eat balanced meals for your daily exercises and you should at best maintain your weight, which is the healthy thing to do... not get slimer beihond recognition like most women do these days for instance.

As i said on a previous post, its not really about kinds of food, its more about quantities... Most diets actualy require you to eat everything, even sweets, but for those you need to have self conscience of what and when to eat :)

Depends on your daily exercises, I think its common sense nowadays, with all the information juggling.

No but I consulted with one before I did my first fast.

Your claims are still false.

"Wrong" is very subjective. What works for some may not work for others. If Sledge Hammer has tried it with success as he claims, it doesn't matter whether it's "wrong" or not.

His claims are false.

No more from me. I give up.

Last edited:
I've done a week without food and 3 days without liquid once. It was actually very doable really.

My best record was 48hrs (was aiming for 72hrs). The world's best has to be an Indian 'saint' who went without food for 60+ years, if I recall correctly (she was featured in Discovery).

My best record was 48hrs (was aiming for 72hrs). The world's best has to be an Indian 'saint' who went without food for 60+ years, if I recall correctly (she was featured in Discovery).

Chuck Norris didn't eat for 230 years.

For me atound 48 hours

4 hours, after that i get fuzzy, kinda floaty.
4.5 hours i get quiet, then angry.
5 hours, out cold.
maybe thats why imma chef, im always surrounded by food.

You don't have to be a nutritionist to know something about nutrition, in fact the best nutritionist, doctor and health expert is YOURSELF.

Guess that's why americans are walking souflees.

Guess that's why americans are walking souflees.

Quoted for Random humouristical reference. Divine statement there :D

Keep the material coming plz!

Chuck Norris didn't eat for 230 years.

For me atound 48 hours

Serious, her name's Giri Bala (found a link with a picture that looks like the one used in Discovery too).

As for Chuck Norris, you have to search for the thread where there's evidence that he ate the chips, the bag and the man who taunted him. :D

I think about 45 min , then I had to eat an icecream =)

Back