How MindArk failed "Project Entropia"

Rave

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
RP Rave Prospector
Well, I haven't posted a thread here in years. And, yes, this is a rant. I haven't played significantly in years, but I came back around to check out the migration and have logged into the game every day thus far. However, this is not a rant about loot, lack of support from MA, withdrawal times, or anything that we usually complain about. This is something I've been mulling over the last few days when I look at the state of the game compared to where it first began back in 2003.

So, one day back in 2003, I saw an ad about a new game that was being developed called "Project Entropia". Some of you here probably remember this video. For those of you unfamiliar, its worth a view. I waited with anticipation for beta to be available. When that day arrived, I scrambled to submit an application for access to beta. I received an e-mail back stating I would be allowed to jump in, and I did. It was terrible, as to be expected for a beta test from an indie developer, and it was great. You could see the breadth of MindArk's concepts for the game, and the aspirations were leaps and bounds above the current state of MMOs at the time.

I put $20 into the game (oh, I was a teenager at the time, so I didn't have a ton of money to throw at a game) and bought the Pioneer set and the Castorian longblade that were in the TT. I recall watching people grind Tantardions in the desert and couldn't wait to get "that good" and be able to do the same. But, instead, I was only able to whack small exarosaurs and bercy's with my crappy longblade. So, I spent most of my time exploring. That's how I came across Hadesheim. For those of you unfamiliar, you may be asking "What is Hadesheim?". Oh, it was an actual city which has since been turned into a crater by robots. We really never got a true replacement for the city, have we? You can see it in the trailer previously linked. Let me tell you, it was an amazing sight to see in an MMO in 2003. I loved Project Entropia from the get-go.

Why do I tell you all about my personal experience with the game back then? Because, for me, those first few years were full of hope and excitement for what the game would turn into. I slowly worked my way up to better armor, weapons, HP, etc. I felt like I was actually "moving up" in this virtual world. I had amassed quite a few friends (most of whom have long left the game by now). It honestly felt like we were seeing that trailer come to life. Then we saw the creation of Treasure Island and Crystal Palace, which garnered plenty of press within the video game world when these properties sold for crazy amounts of real-world cash. The game also boomed steadily for a while, and we reached our "Second Golden Age", which for me, was really the height of "Project Entropia". Ah, and the new engine/graphics, fantastic!

We still got actual loot by the way. I can recall looting stuff all the way from crappy Paladin parts, to Angel parts, DOAs, ML-35s, amps, etc. Societies eventually fought for land. Apartments were constantly bought and sold. We had player run events (boxing championships in Twins!). Loot wasn't a guaranteed profit anymore than it is now, but the swings weren't as drastic (at least in my experience). There was still a sense of "man, this game is developing nicely even if a bit slowly" although we still had our complaints (server issues, clipping bugs, optimization issues). But I was still as excited as I was on day 1 because my avatar kept growing, as did my friends list, society, etc. There were still plenty of things on the development roadmap we had been waiting too long for, though.

So, where did MindArk fail? This is my opinion and I realize not everyone will feel the same.

They gave up full control of the game. Planet Partners. I despised this transition more than anything else I've encountered in any video game. Instead of focusing on fixing all the existing issues (which we still have now, a decade later!), MindArk decided to expand the universe while also giving up full control. I understand that "Project Entropia" was meant to be a project that introduced concepts we had never seen in the virtual world before. But it was, for me, an abject failure. Giving control over small swaths of land to players (LAs, TI, FOMA, etc) was an awesome idea. Giving control of entire planets to other companies? Not an awesome idea.

We went from a single-concept sci-fi universe to a "spaghetti" universe. Arkadia wasn't too bad at all (Cyrene was kind of interesting too). But everything else breaks the cohesion you would expect to have in a single game. I absolutely hate seeing "AVATAR found a rare item (Gorgon Harness (M)) worth 10 PEC and has been added to the HOF" in my chat 500 times a day. How the hell is that a rare item and how the hell is "Ancient Greece" somehow in this universe? Why was I seeing King Kong in this universe? Or things like "Booty Raid"? Or anything with the name "Motorhead" in it? Or "Forum Troll"?

The idea of Planet Partners wasn't the problem, it was the execution. PPs should have designed their planets under very strict direction of MindArk (oh, and that whole thing with MA being re-organized several times is a whole other issue) so we didn't end up with the spaghetti universe we now have. Arkadia, Cyrene, and Calypso together represent what the game/universe should have felt like. Instead, it feels like we have fragments that aren't meant to be side-by-side, but are. Beyond that, MindArk's "illicit" relationship with certain players in the game has caused nothing but problems (you all know what I'm talking about). So many player-owned areas are dead because, I feel, the system was underdeveloped.

Honestly, MindArk had an opportunity to refine and optimize the game well before these expansions took place. Create a smooth product, increase advertisement, use digital platforms like Steam and GOG to get additional growth, and work on creating a single, cohesive, well-oiled product. There have been a lot of excellent things that have been added over the years, don't get me wrong. Landgrabs were interesting, Migration and Mayhem events are fun (even though I generally never do that well but I enjoy it), WOF events, missions to upgrade UL equipment, public events like robot attacks, etc. But at the end of the day, this game is still a mess. I'm dealing with bugs from a decade ago, and new bugs that are extremely aggravating.

We have plenty of complaints across the board as is evident on these forums. But I think this all comes down to the PP expansions and the corrupt relationships that have circled the rumor-mill for years. I'm not as avid of a gamer as I once was, but I still keep myself up to date on everything. Yeah, everyone hates companies like EA, Activision, Blizzard, etc because everything is about micro-transactions now. Guess what game has been doing this for 17 years? And yet, it's the least prosperous. Imagine having a well-refined, interesting product that can provide money from micro-transactions back to the players? What we have is a mish-mash of concepts all thrown into a mixing bowl and dumped on the floor that can provide money from micro-transactions back to players. Those companies are successful for a reason despite not giving players a chance to redeem their expenses, hm.

A long rant, but it's been bothering me for years now and I wanted to vent.

MindArk, you FAILED to develop Project Entropia as it was meant to be.

I agree and disagree on some of your points :)

I have always argued that the diverse planet partner strategy is very much 'sci-fi' in that many of the sci-fi books and shows of our youth included strange worlds and dimensions based on extreme reflections of human cultures both past and present. (for example Dr. Who, and Star Trek)
I personaly like the choice, and while Rocktropia is not a culture I would participate in real life, it is what drew my virtual avatar and where he chose to make his home in Entropia. Calypso is no longer the 'frontier planet' but the Home World we all came from, industrial and dirty and over populated, the wreck we must escape. Rocktropia and the other planets are now the frontier planets and their feel is what drew me. Much like I was pulled from the overpopulated places in this life and moved to one of the last frontier locations on this earth to live my life in Alaska.

I agree however that MA has failed us in their project, and upon reflection perhaps that has been a failure to hold and direct our imagination. We didn't care about the crappy graphics or glitches, our imagination filled in all the gaps and made it real, it was so real to me in those early years, worlds of dreams where anything was possible.
The newer graphics are great, but they lost some of what made it special, the quirky sci-fi, the skeletons in the wrecked ships, the scrawled warnings by the dead or mutated on abandoned buildings. The adventure of colonizing an outpost world. The struggle against the robots, the strangeness of it all, it inspired people to make videos, it inspired people to write fiction, it was our life. The videos of McCormic, Neverdie, Bam, YourMom, etc.... the fiction competitions, all capturing our imagination in a setting that held our rapt attention.
I have changed and the world has changed, the virtual must also change. It saddens me that I will never have that innocent joy back that I enjoyed in my first years of Entropia. It is not all MAs fault, it is time and age and experience as well, we all change and can never turn back the clock.

I do not know the answer, but I agree with you, I yearn for that feeling I got from logging into the Project Entropia so many years ago.

BTW, McCormick is still around, and still makes amazing videos from time to time,
I already know who I am, I want a glimpse of who I could be.

If only MA could crowdfund some money via game deeds from players to buy-out PPs and delete the filth... oh wait they already used that card.

but yeah, now there's a few things

1) loot is largely boring
2) game-breaking/event-breaking bugs on repeat
3) broken spawns and seasonal events because MA won't employ a proper workforce to handle it
4) outsourced, trash support team (this forum included)
5) lack of accountability for truly piss poor work product in terms of "game development" - not the fault of any single individual, but likely corporate policy (see 3).

the game feels broken because it is broken

A lot of......let's be kind, let's call them 'mistakes'......were made by old management, but ever since new management took over it's all been on the up as far as I can tell. :wtg:

Yes, there are still problems as there is with any business/product/service, but to be fair that was one hell of a mess that current management was left - and my god are they clearing it up at a rapid pace!

The past is the past, and the past has gone. Personally, I think Entropia is coming along nicely and I hope management continue to improve the game and deliver on more of those old promises.

I think the next couple of years will be very interesting indeed.......

Awsome thing about sci-fi and fantasy is that it has almost no boundaries. I always loved this genre because you can forget about everyday spoiled things and open your mind. Entropia had interesting lore, Arkadia planet fit into the game as well. But wth is rocktropia ? Do we really need mix of overhyped real life stuff in this game ? That planet is trying too much to be "cool" instead of being original like arkadia or cyrene. It destroyed this unique feeling of unknown in this game and I'll never forgive Mindark and NEVERDIE for doing it to us.

As for the future of this game I don't know. I can see they are trying. Some steps were in the right direction though.

I don't know if I would ever play a game today based on that trailer but maybe 20 years ago things were different for MMO lovers.
Thanks god making money in a video game is still possible today otherwise I don't know what I would have done :)

To me things changed dramatically when new PP came. First planet was kinda ok. Then the 3rd and 4th came... Splitted lots of people who were in Caly while having same player size, made the auction less and smaller. Towens that were crowded became ghost cities. Markup dropped down due to player base got smaller.

Aside from that, the game is still up and surviving. We the daily players experince the game much more closer than MA does, while MA sits with data only.
So they should answer each and single issue we arise. Just my opinion.

Also the deeds such as CLDs, AUDs. Those changed the game play a lot. Instead of seeing lots of players active, people started to play an "invest" game. This, despite for MA getting a nice share of money, impacts negative on the game in the long run. I can't see this being a healthy method to develop a game.

Last edited:
People have come and gone again at MA's offices. Are there any of the original founders left? With new people come new visions and ideas, sometimes great, sometimes not.

Yes, there is a lot of work to be done to make Entropia a smooth experience.

I doubt that one can blame MA for 'failing the Entropia Project', since those who are in charge and those who make things happen, are not the same people today, as when the above was started. It is a bit like blaming a current government, for not realizing things the previous government envisioned.

I would like to see Marco Behrmann working at MindArk again.

Last edited:
too much money to kill the game, wanting too much and never wanting to go back

this video made me want to play the game, because the creation was good

That movie was a great incentive for me in 2005.
I agree with some of the stuff in OP, I disagree with some and I could add a list of my own, but it all comes down to this:
MindArk, you FAILED to develop Project Entropia as it was meant to be.

which is actually ironic because only MA gets to decide what Entropia was meant to be. Whoever thinks different, their expectations failed them.
Yeah I'm nostalgic too, I miss that initial feeling, I will never forget how I deposited my first 20$ and with 140 PED bought my first armor, a Rascal, o how proud I was, how easy I could then kill young daikibas :)))
Even if they would clone that game and make it available today no one will play it for more than a few days. You will never be able to feel the same thing again. Entropia is a platform and despite the fact that the company will always have its own interest, different fromt what the community wants (bug fixes, finishing projects, bugfree releases) there are rules in place and the only way to move forward is accept what you cannot change and build your own story, avatar, business whatever, on theirplatform

Is there anyone who remembers that they had KIOSK's which had polls within?

Is there anyone who remembers that they had KIOSK's which had polls within?
yes, there were voting booths in game at one point, but they were never fully utilized.

Old timers, here's some nostalgia for your (and some future for Mindark if they ever plan to remake some of the old maps the way they were promised to be remade after vu 10 screwed everything up with that new game engine)

(he also has them on an external link if you follow the link list in sig, not linking here though since apparently you can now potentially be banned for linking external sites too much)

Last edited:
yes, there were voting booths in game at one point, but they were never fully utilized.

Old timers, here's some nostalgia for your (and some future for Mindark if they ever plan to remake some of the old maps the way they were promised to be remade after vu 10 screwed everything up with that new game engine)

Haha.. when will you stop taking what MA says as a promise? You are making it personal at that point.... It's never a promise from MA, stop kidding yourself.
MOST of what MA said they would like to add was part of MA's vision at some point and it often changed with things having other priorities and a lot of the stuff said long long time ago got completly deleted from their list.
MA is implementing ONLY what is both easy and with potential of profit, directly or indirectly. Cities are mostly empty, why would they develop that part of the game? Unless there can be some buildings they can sell.
People holding onto these things mentioned long time ago and hammering MA with them is what makes MA so silent today, for better or worse... so please, stop using that word. They are also not lies, it's only a vision at some point in time, something they thought it would be fun to have "sometime" in the distant future. Never trust such statements. The only relevant promise MA makes is that they will commit your withdrawal, anything else is a PR game which they play by the rules. That's what we should also do. So never take anything as a promise, accept what you cannot change and focus on what you can change for the better. Play only if the present is appealing, never for the past, or what could be.. imo
Someone please give mastermesh Frozen's theme song Let it go

Last edited:
Many things said by 'MA', are not what is said by their board, but by developers who hope their idea's will be implemented, since that extends their own usefulness and their pay at the company. However, many developers at MA's HQ have come and are no longer working their at the moment.

I think MA has learned its lessons from the past:
/nostalgic mode*on*
- the old minipolis was kind'a cute
- the old PA was a busy market place
- ... many more can be added ...

Sometimes original content is 'upgraded', becausesome developer wants to prove he is worthyness, and push his stamp onto the game. Afterwards it is not always an improvement. Haven't see much new useless content the last few years, that's something at least :)

My experience is similar to TS but not sure if I agree fully with the cause of this.

I think that a lot of the feeling has been lost which partially is due to streamlining the game. A lot more info regarding items, loot etc is now publicly available (and often created by the players) which has turned this into a numbers game. The introduction of missions, the event designs and similar actions has moved Entropia closer to other MMO:s in many ways. I personally preferred when things were less structured and more was unknown, the feeling of exploration is somewhat lost.

Ofc it could also be that I've been around for long (started in 2003) and restarted in 2013 (I think) and by playing, the amount of things to discover and the unknown has decreased.

But I remember the joy of purchasing items for a purely esthetical reason (prior to CryEngine 2) in order to improve the look of my avatar or my estate (Getting Nemesis + Lime coat just for the look) . That is no longer the case. As the focus is on numbers, grinding and efficient gear it feels useless to pursue these things any longer. Thats just my opinion though (I know that some people still spend a lot of time and money on this).

As pointed out, there are plenty of new people running MindArk nowadays. And there is hope that things can be righted. I'd like for them to tackle the bugs, servers, etc that have been around for way too long. Give us better customer support as well.

Then work on the content, ie: remove dumb stuff like Rocktropia and anything that doesn't fit within the universe crafted initially by the original MA over on Calypso (ie: "PE"). There is so much that can be crafted out of that concept to create a flush, viable MMO.

Anyways, as always "we shall see what happens!".

which is actually ironic because only MA gets to decide what Entropia was meant to be. Whoever thinks different, their expectations failed them.

But at the same time not really. The point of my post is to point out what the game could have been instead of what it turned into, it's about the potential that was squandered. And, the expectations we had been given over the years (way back when) were never truly met, which some would also say is a failure.

But I remember the joy of purchasing items for a purely esthetical reason (prior to CryEngine 2) in order to improve the look of my avatar or my estate (Getting Nemesis + Lime coat just for the look) . That is no longer the case. As the focus is on numbers, grinding and efficient gear it feels useless to pursue these things any longer. Thats just my opinion though (I know that some people still spend a lot of time and money on this).

This actually a good point I hadn't even considered. I absolutely remember wanting to create a unique look for my avatar (between gear, clothes, all that) and now it really is about the numbers.

My personal opinion is that there has been a great deal of psychological failure within the 'effort and reward' structure. For several years the idea most people had was to enjoy themselves and feel they were succeeding in the game by moving up, even if they were paying in amounts now and again or regularly to do so. I do believe that the RCE element has been vital to the ongoing success of PE/EU in that even if people mostly don't withdraw, they can do so if they want to part ways with the game.

I used to like the loot mechanics: reasonably regularly getting some item I could use or sell on, even if not valuable, still niceish to see. It was already going wrong when pixie parts stopped being common on Caly, but I discovered a mob on Next Island a loooong time ago already now that gave out pixie parts by the bucketload. For a brief spell I was excited and grabbed myself a batch of 100 items or so and headed back to Caly. However, before I had even managed to sell half of them slowly on auction (low turnover - easy to flood), the feeling had worn off of the (small) plus I was making - it had been too easy to get! I had also discovered loot waves by then - and generally disliked them because if you played according to that style you got stuff because of when exactly you were hunting, and knew that 80% of the time that same activity was going to be poor in comparison. The psychology behind the system was turning me off the activities, almost like aversion therapy even - a very successful and powerful tool...

And now, present day, I've been moaning regularly about the balancing on the 'new' Next Island and Ancient Greece. We are always told that MA is firmly in control of loot dynamics, or at least that everything must be signed off by them. In brief, we now have waves there which mean you can get goodish loot composition for maybe 5-20% of the time depending solely on the wave and how many people are doing the mob. Just yourself and you can get maybe 12 mins of composition loot per hour: four people active and you might only get 3 mins even if you time your start exactly right. That leaves over 80% of the time with the few avatars that are there just sitting still or looking at auction maybe, but lacking the will to go and do anything else with any real enthusiasm. I've asked the question before: what sort of business model is that to limit your viable customer numbers from the outset and then even turn those into lazy, clock-driven zoo animals who eventually can't even be bothered to get excited about the zookeeper and his bucket of fish at feeding time?

And yes, I miss the skeletons and little stuff thrown into the landscape here and there. We can't even drop stuff for others to find at random anymore - we can't even help each other that way! There's a new mission on NI where you are supposed to keep your eyes out for 50 flowers. I have found zero in however many weeks already. It might even be that I've got the wrong graphics settings and they aren't showing up at all. It would NOT surprise me that a low chance for each flower and a task of years could be a task for infinity actually, OR discovering after 49 flowers in the next century that the practical student way back then goofed and didn't actually hide 50 flowers in the first place but only 49. Mission accomplished? Nope! And what would the reward have been anyway? Satisfaction and 1 ped of ammo, or something more epic? Guess which most people probably believe in.... ooops, went ranty there... but it's the state of the game and my perception of this MASSIVELY wasted opportunity. Still, that's life for you - even when virtual...!!!

I'm not a fan of lootwaves either.
imo it gives ppl with coding knowledge a better chance to get the good loots
and it fcks over ppl who don't have the time to wait for them, and just want to grind. (as in, when u have time to log in and hunt for an hour or so, and have the back luck of being in between the waves, you loose)

On top of that, skilling should be an important part of the game. But why skill up today, when more and larger hofs fall on, for instance, Longtooth mature and domi, then on prowlers and stalkers?

Many fond memories of hunting berys, combibos, at swamp camp, lots of globals with items. Old twin peaks hunting argos and drones, again with lots of globals and hofs.

The game play was not a lot of cost for quite a lot of entertainment value back then.

I keep an eye on what's being hunting nowadays. Some of our top players are hunting the biggest mobs in game, with "less" entertainment value as I had at swamp camp around 2006. Less hofs and fun value even on the biggest mobs.

Why do I want to be forced to own $20k of gear and be level 250+ or whatever, to hunt huge mobs all the time, at 95% return (if I'm lucky). Then get boring globals on that massive mob, until your given a nod from the Gods upstairs, to trigger a hof once in a blue moon. Just why? It doesn't feel natural or random, it just feels returns are very well controlled under the hood and manual manipulated at times.

Sadly I can't see a return to the days that entertainment value will be more important again versus cost. We're stuck now with huge weapons for huge mobs in a boring grind. Anything less is even more boring.

Even if some of the top players are earning huge sums from it (which I think is an illusion anyway, after asset depreciation), I don't feel why I should pay for their continued withdrawls (if true) off the rest of us. I've no hope in catching them because I'm not prepared to belief progress is meaningful anymore for the expected massive cost. So I'll wave my white flag at the game and do something else.

Hey-ho. it was an experience.

Rick.

I really have fond memories from my first steps on Calypso, as I have with my first kiss IRL.
But me and maybe some of you other have lost your virtual virginity ages ago, the thrill is just not the same.
Why is that? Is it because of Mindark or the PPs failing to thrill us anymore or us players mindsets for ever changed?
I don't believe having one owner in control or multiple planetary minds calling the shots makes much differance, at least not in giving us a pristine feeling of the virtual world.

As I have seen both worlds, now and then, I am 100% convinced that the creative community back then was what made it so special. Do you still feel like Entropia is a place for "Endless opportunities" or is it just a feeling of an "Endless grind"? If so, don't blame Mindark or the PPs, look at your own mindset instead, and for Lootius sake, use your imagination to blow some life in your playing experience. Go buy a damn hat without looking at the markup, just think "Wow, that hat is amazing, I must have it".

Like a year or so ago I joined some fellow Next Islanders who worked on setting up a small "Ancient Greece" inspired play to honor a person on his birthday. It was performed in the amphi theatre there. I havent had so much fun in a decade in Entropia. If I could whish for something it would be that Mindark allows for more social interaction and activities, that doesnt cost anything. One thing would be is to open up the Event Terminal for any kind of crazy social event, not just hunting events. And that was how it all started anyway, by people making up fun stuff to do, without any event terminals.

I also don't mind having differant planets, the smaller ones can be fun to inhabit to because of their small and tightly bonded communities. Calypso is the Big City, but small villages are great to. But I agree that todays Ancient Greece really is an odd bird today, but was quite logical when it was a place you had to "time travel" to and struggle to survive at, by just walking and using melee weapons. To me, time travel as an SF theme is quite normal. But we all know why they changed it. It just didnt work as it was designed.

But with all her flaws and imperfections, this old Lady Entropia, is what she is because of all her transitions in life. I am not in love with her any longer, but I have a deep affection for her, and even if I leave her for a long time, I am always welcome back, without any hard feelings.

And yes, I miss the skeletons and little stuff thrown into the landscape here and there. We can't even drop stuff for others to find at random anymore - we can't even help each other that way!

I actually didn't even know this, I guess it happened during my absence. If old posts are still around, you can find my "Race for the PEDs" event I used to hold (about 10 years ago?). I would drop a small pile of PEDs at my feet in a random location, take a screenshot, and post it here. It was meant to help newer players get a few PEDs while also helping them have fun and discover more of the planet. Guess I wouldn't be able to drop those PED piles now!

I always hoped it would help those new players garner the same feeling I did running around Eudoria back in the day. And, I recall other players randomly dropping stuff across the planet and as a new player (granted this was 2003/2004) I recall finding random pants, shirts, etc. That was so awesome.

I see skeletons of large creatures half buried in the sand all over the place.

Guess I wouldn't be able to drop those PED piles now!

You can't drop things on the ground now because it was exploitable in many ways back in the day but if you really want you can take pictures on a certain spots and reward those people with PED in a private trade if you really want.There is absolutely no difference if you want to play those kind of games right now.The only question might be why no one does this anymore today and everyone point towards being fun back in the day?
What actually changed a lot is people's perception about how the game is or how should be played.Nothing can hold me down to arrange 100 players meetings in twin peaks or to have parties, will others share my view? Probably not, If I motivate each to come to my party with 500 peds will they come? most likely yes, what that tells me? a lot.

15 years ago players perception was completely different and hunting 10 hp mob was so cool why now is not? Is the same mob but what changed?
In his mind he knows that he can't loot cool stuff that makes him cool about being a hunter and having the thrill to hunt mobs while others couldn't.
Fundamentally is the same thing but people have changed and perception have changed, we are no longer interested about that world anymore even though we can re-create it again now.If you would like its like dreaming about childhood, it was nice when you could eat mud and be happy and play in the grass while not eating anything that day, do this today and you would hate the shit out of it.
You simply can't turn back the time and you can't stop the time to evolve or technologies to advance.

Players make a game, no one stop you to do whatever you dream in EU.One closed door open another.Do not let anyone tell you what you can or not do if you have a dream, you can achieve it.If you don't have any just complain.

Last edited:
If you would like its like dreaming about childhood, it was nice when you could eat mud and be happy and play in the grass while not eating anything that day, do this today and you would hate the shit out of it.
You simply can't turn back the time and you can't stop the time to evolve or technologies to advance.

Players make a game, no one stop you to do whatever you dream in EU.One closed door open another.Do not let anyone tell you what you can or not do if you have a dream, you can achieve it.If you don't have any just complain.

That part was just secondary to the point of my original post though. Yes, a lot of old players miss some of the stuff from back in the day, however this post is primarily about MA went the wrong route with the development and missed out on a lot of the possibilities.

And, they could well begin making changes that would bring the game back to where it ought to be. All of the stuff I've mentioned is stuff that can still be done. I can't go back my childhood and eat mud, but the new MindArk could well develop this game back into what it should be.

If you can see that this is what diversity and political correctness does to a company, perhaps you will then agree with me that communism is a plague. Opposite of a goldfinger, satan turns everything he touches to shit! MA needs to kill this mind-virus at the source. Corruption is almost exactly the same in a corporation as an individual except you need to convince more people. The key to EU survival. It won't happen until someone MAKES IT HAPPEN.

The one missing is the human skeleton sitting in Hadesheim holding a sign that says "Will dance for PED's". ?
Yeah, I remember this fellow too! I don't know why MA had to remove those...was it really taking too much place on the server...:/

Yeah, I remember this fellow too! I don't know why MA had to remove those...was it really taking too much place on the server...:/
it was implementation of the new game engine... they basically installed it, and went oops, our bad... there's a lot of buildings and cities that got flipped around with that, LAs got hills that they didn't used to have, default weeds growing in the ground sprouted in apartment building basements, some booths even got attached to the ceilings and some apartment hallways even got to where you could not even enter since there was a sand trap blocking the way... the little details hand done like the skeletons in the space ships at Billys etc. was not high on the priority list. At least one Mindark representative on the forums promised certain things would return to the original location pre vu 10, but it never happened... They did do a 'graphics update' at some point but they are never going to go back and try to recreate what is gone... What's gone is gone...

Back