How much is 711 ruling this forum? How does MindArk PE AB wish to be represented?

Status

Psychopathic

Guardian
Banned
Society
DFG
Divide D. Impera
I'm not sure if I break yet another rule here exercising free speech, but since I really want a discussion about this I'd like to point out that in this thread different kinds of politics should not be discussed. I may be breaking another ridiculous rule here. Probably "rule 33.4.5.BC: you should not write too many letters" or "rule 37.1.5.BB: you should not question authority."

But I will go for it, as I always have and as I will continue to do under my existence:

I guess a few would claim that AR Company or whatever their name is bought this forum, but it clearly states TM & ©2005 - 2012, MindArk PE AB. All rights reserved. so I will assume they were the ones' buying the forum, which makes me wonder a) why I have to go to 711 to fix a forum issue and b) how MA wants the rules to reflect them.

I recently had a discussion with 711 via PM. Or, well, I wouldn't call it a discussion - he didn't reply after shoving yet another rule in my face, but I just felt a bit irritated later this night so I wanted to dwell deeper into this subject. It was about politics.

I claimed that it was ludicrous and ridiculous to make political discussions "outlawed" on PCF-forum owned by MindArk PE AB. Why? may you be asking. I will tell you why: PED is directly connected to the American dollar. America being what it is tends to ... well, I don't want to become political, but America is what it is. We all agree on that, I'd think. Apparently it is not okay to discuss the future of PED because it is not okay to discuss Americas economical future even though it is directly associated with PED. Do you fully understand what that means? This rule is very clear: you are not allowed to discuss politics which may economically influence the American dollar; e.g. you are not allowed to discuss the future worth of PED.

Anyone with a brain out there understands the seriousness of this. Of course I could go to another forum, but if it's illegal to murder in a certain country do you then ask me to go somewhere else? It's a moral dilemma and my question and the topic of this thread is if MindArk really wants to be represented as a company who forbids discussions about the future prospects of their currency.

Are they acting on good faith that 711 will represent them well? If we would go back a few years I'd understand that I'd have no real say about this since it was an unofficial forum. But this forum is officially owned by MindArk PE AB and the offical policies here represents MindArk PE AB. There's no way around this. I don't believe MindArk PE AB (yes, I will repeat their full company name) is stupid in general, so I don't believe that they would knowingly act in such an extreme stupidity - but that would mean that they've acted in ignorance, and I don't think they would act in ignorance either.

Therefore my only conclusion can be that they aren't as involved as they perhaps should be. They only wanted this forum with all this useful information to new players to be official, but in reality it's not an official forum. 711 runs this forum with the same unofficial rules and is right now representing MindArk PE AB as a company whom does not wish that discussions about the future worth of their PED should be allowed.

tl;dr: How does MindArk PE AB want to be represented? Should an official forum for MindArk PE AB really forbid discussions which evaluates the future prospects of the American dollar, e.g. PED?

Keep this on topic.

Regards,
Divide D. Impera

Last edited:
Afaik when the SDS deal felt, they also didn'T pay 711 for the forum, so he still is owner. Beside that he was always official admin of the forum.

Just a quick question... When did MA buy PCF??!! Last time I heard, and it was from 711 himself on the forums some where, this forum was still owned and opperated by 711.. :scratch2:

Afaik when the SDS deal felt, they also didn'T pay 711 for the forum, so he still is owner. Beside that he was always official admin of the forum.
He was the official face of the forum. MindArk PE AB is clearly the official face of the forum. Whatever money did or did not switch hand is irrelevant. If it says "MindArk PE AB" at the bottom of the page I'd assume as a new player that 711 represents them, would I not?

The rules would also represent them. The only reason there's even a discussion about this is because both you and I were there when the forums switched hands. 711 is in fact representing MindArk as a company when this forum is an official forum for Planet Calypso and MindArk PE AB.

Just a quick question... When did MA buy PCF??!! Last time I heard, and it was from 711 himself on the forums some where, this forum was still owned and opperated by 711.. :scratch2:
Well, I don't know if you're just stupid or didn't read my post, but I will make it simple for you: TM & ©2005 - 2012, MindArk PE AB. All rights reserved.

It's nice to make obvious comments but maybe one would make the obvious logical action of reading the OP before responding. After that I have no problem with you replying arrogantly.

If 711 is in fact still ruling PCF as an unofficial forum I'd assume it would not say TM & ©2005 - 2012, MindArk PE AB. All rights reserved. at the bottom of the page. If that's the case then someone has made a mistake here - and it's not me.

Don't really know what you're talking about.

If you want ro discuss the relationship of USD and peds you can do it here, for instance:

http://https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?223133-possible-devaluation-of-USD-%28PEDs%29-any-thoughts

As for forum rules: Most forums with members coming from all across the world and different cultures, religions and political backgrounds tend to have rules either to accept/tolerate different points of view or to take cultural/political/religious discussions elsewhere. - It helps to keep the forum on topic.

well, I don't want to become political, but America is what it is. We all agree on that, I'd think.

Cheap rhetoric - how many ppl on this forum and their views about America do you really know?

Don't really know what you're talking about.

If you want ro discuss the relationship of USD and peds you can do it here, for instance:

http://https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?223133-possible-devaluation-of-USD-%28PEDs%29-any-thoughts

As for forum rules: Most forums with members coming from all across the world and different cultures, religions and political backgrounds tend to have rules either to accept/tolerate different points of view or to take cultural/political/religious discussions elsewhere. - It helps to keep the forum on topic.

Cheap rhetoric - how many ppl on this forum and their views about America do you really know?
I'll check the thread out, however, my posts deleted and 711's own response to my PM clearly states that I am not allowed to speak about America and future wars this country may or may not have that may or may not impact the value of the American dollar.

If it's okay to speak about oil prices changing but not wars that has cost America a lot of money, then I'd say something is seriously wrong. Whether it'd be oil or wars; both are political topics. How is peak oil going to change the value of American dollar? It's a few decades from now, but still a topic that has to take into account Americas habits of ... yeah. I wouldn't want to become political. It's not multicultural ... or something.

Last edited:
hmm... 711 does still run the place, but you do have an interesting point...

{removed}

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm... 711 does still run the place, but you do have an interesting point...
Yep. Very much official indeed.

Let's say for the sake of argument that someone would sue PCF. Who would own the lawyers taking care of it? MindArk PE AB or 711? If it is indeed MindArk PE AB, then I really don't see how anyone could claim that 711 is officially the face of this forum. It doesn't matter what inside information one might have. Officially this forum is owned by MindArk PE AB and therefore the rules and 711, too, reflects this company.

EDIT: SEE Digital Studios AB owning the domain according to the post above is of course even more confusing - and not at all representing the serious side of MindArk PE AB.

Well, I don't know if you're just stupid or didn't read my post, but I will make it simple for you: TM & ©2005 - 2012, MindArk PE AB. All rights reserved.

It's nice to make obvious comments but maybe one would make the obvious logical action of reading the OP before responding. After that I have no problem with you replying arrogantly.

If 711 is in fact still ruling PCF as an unofficial forum I'd assume it would not say TM & ©2005 - 2012, MindArk PE AB. All rights reserved. at the bottom of the page. If that's the case then someone has made a mistake here - and it's not me.

Wow I ask a nice question and get this.. :scratch2: TM you are referring is so that people understand that the MindArk PE AB symbols, names, and other such things related to MindArk and its offiliates are trade marked by MindArk PE AB company , and cannot be used in advertising, etc. without express permission from MindArk PE AB. Hence the TM & ©2005 -2012 part.

Like I said, I still think it's owned by 711.. Who know's maybe you have stubbled across something that I and others didn't know..

As for be being arrogant, stupid... :censored:

Wow I ask a nice question and get this.. :scratch2:
You sounded arrogant. I do sincerely apologize if it that was not your intent.

TM you are referring is so that people understand that the MindArk PE AB symbols, names, and other such things related to MindArk and its offiliates are trade marked by MindArk PE AB company , and cannot be used in advertising, etc. without express permission from MindArk PE AB. Hence the TM & ©2005 -2012 part.
Yes, and it says so at the bottom of this very forum.

I'll check the thread out, however, my posts deleted and 711's own response to my PM clearly states that I am not allowed to speak about America and future wars this country may or may not have that may or may not impact the value of the American dollar.

If it's okay to speak about oil prices changing but not wars that has cost America a lot of money, then I'd say something is seriously wrong. Whether it be oil or wars; both are political topics. How is peak oil going to change the value of American dollar? It's a few decades from now, but still a topic that has to take into account Americas habits of ... yeah. I wouldn't want to become political. It's not multicultural ... or something.

The name of the forum is "Planet Calypso Forums".

Just because you can construct a chain of reasoning which somehow links "America and future wars this country may or may not have" to peds does not mean you are on topic.

The name of the forum is "Planet Calypso Forums".

Just because you can construct a chain of reasoning which somehow links "America and future wars this country may or may not have" to peds does not mean you are on topic.
Of course it means I'm on topic - or are you stating that Americas debts are equally irrelevant when speaking about the future value of the American dollar?

Since Psychopathic decided not to tell the entire story in the opening post, let me fill in a few details.

Earlier today Psychopathic created a thread in which he described a desire to inflict violence on people due to frustration with loot lag. PCF has a very strict policy regarding references to real-world violence, and as such the thread was deleted. Here is a short excerpt from the deleted thread:

I will murder somebody soon. I will take a big knife from my kitchen and go berserk on the streets. I can feel a psychosis growing inside my brain and reality is shifting to my desires.

After deleting the thread, I sent Psychopathic the following private message:

711 said:
Psychopathic,

While I'm sure your comments were exaggeration, you latest thread about killing people in the streets has been removed, in accordance with the following forum rule:

Forum Rules said:
2.4 - Threats/Intimidation
Real life threats of bodily harm, injury or assault (either explicit or implied) or any form of intimidation are STRICTLY PROHIBITED on any part of the PlanetCalypsoForum website and will be deleted and result in a permanent ban from the forum, all without notice.

Please refrain from posting such statements in the future.

Regards,

Normally when a member makes a thread or posts with references to real-life violence it results in an immediate ban. In this case, I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt, mainly because the threat was not directed at any particular individual or group. It seems now that the decision to be lenient was probably a mistake.

A short time later, Psychopathic responded to the PM and complained about several politically-themed posts of his having been deleted recently by the forum moderators.

I replied to his PM and explained why the objectional posts were deleted:

711 said:
Due to the multicultural composition of the Entropia community, discussion of real-world politics and other highly controversial topics (e.g. religion, wars, etc.) has a long history of causing disruption of the forum.

The posts were deleted in accordance with the following forum rule:

Forum Rules said:
3.6 - Real-world Controversial Discussion
Discussion of real world politics, nationalism, religion, war, or other similarly controversial topics is NOT permitted or appropriate for this forum. PlanetCalypsoForum, as the game, is a global community with players from many different countries around the world. Discussion of such topics often disrupts the forum community. Therefore, refrain from starting or participating in any such discussions, as they will be deleted from the forum without notice.

PCF is a forum dedicated to Entropia Universe in general, and Planet Calypso in particular. If you would like to discuss real-world politics or economics, there are many other more appropriate internet forums where such discussions should be conducted.

Apparently, that explanation was not enough for Psychopathic, and he felt obliged to create yet another thread in violation of the forum rules.

Considering the multiple instances of willful disregard for the forum rules, I have issued Psychopathic a two week temp ban from the forum.

***EDIT**
Further investigation reveals that the Psychopatic account is a second account created by a previously banned member. Permanently banned and IP blocked.

:locked:

Last edited:
Status
Back