Question: how much time for respawn?

desidude

Dominant
Society
Supremacy Reign
Srinivas Desidude Rao
hello peeps, havent done mining recently..need lil bit info

my question is simple: how much time do u wait to grill u r fav spot again? ( on planet side, eudoria to be precize)

found a cool spot:silly2: want to give it a go with some big amps:yay:

thanks for u r time.

yeah same here found good spot but have no idea when I can back :rolleyes:

The few short mining runs I do I usually wait for about 1 week :)

My perspective

i would have to say a week as well though i do mine some areas sooner, but dont get good results. i did a lot of reading on the mining forums and everyone seems to say around week or so. though the only problem is, during that week is anybody mining it and taking all the claims while your away? would be interesting to see someone stake out a particular area that they like and see if anyone bombs it, and maybe get a real estimate someday. i mine pvp4 alot, and i seem to get claims every time i go in there. so maybe certain areas are , mine, claim, then respawn somewhere else in the area. but cant say for sure.

Have no elusions, an area that you think to be 'Good' will have been mined by atleast 3 people by the time you go back to it. Calypso is insanely overmined so to be short the respawn rates are quite high. I personally wait 2 days before returning to an area and it seems to have been an adaquate amount of time to wait from experience over the past few months :)

~Tracer

Yeah i normally wait 2 days, seems to be ok as long as no one just mined it.

cool, thanks for info

I never did any real studies when I was mining, but I generally did OK if I waited 24 hours to return to a sweetspot.

I have no idea :D I try not to go to the same spot xD maybe I should

Have no elusions, an area that you think to be 'Good' will have been mined by atleast 3 people by the time you go back to it.
~Tracer

Ditto that. There are a lot of green dots out there!

Personally i wait a week or more, just because i visit a buncha areas so takes time before i can cycle back. And im positive a lot of people run through those same areas before i get back there.

I made this thread a while ago but it was lost in the shuffle.https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...nother-mning-experiment-idea.html#post1396133

An experiment like this might help shed some light on how deposit respawn times.

It's a great idea for an experiment, but I propose it be conducted in one of the smallest land areas, and that the owner be on board and despawn it so no mobs exist during the run. A very good theory (and one thats pretty easily proven, and I think everyone can agree) that ore fields are contained 100% within the boundary's of a land area (just like the mob spawns). Everyone I think has noticed that the ore mixes and types change visibly and clearly at the borders.

The only effective way to test the respawn is to do it like that, cover a small land area with 100% bombs instantly (As in enough people standing at every EXACT x,y point to cover it 100% drop a bomb at the same time).

Every claim logged (I could create a website that would facilitate this, give each participant an x,y position to stand at and let them be able to indicate "miss or hit, and if hit the details, position, type, depth, size).

Once everyone has logged, a second bomb is dropped. Then logged, then a third. If by the 3rd people are still getting good % of hits, then you can safely say ore respawns instantly within the field. If everyone is missing on the 3rd try, then you can safely say it's on a timer.

Only problem is you can't expect people to stand in these positions and drop bombs periodically at the same time until everything respawns, to count the timer.

I would assume it would be a safe assumption respawns of ore in a field is just like mobs with the same timer... If I had to postulate a guess. It also wouldn't surprise me if it respawns instantly in the field at another random location.

Like it has already been said, *EVERY* location in the game is vastly overmined, the fact you can go out and get good returns more often then not (thats probably debatable for some.. lol) is evidence that respawn timers are SHORT if not non-existent.

I venture virtually every area is mined multiple times a day, so multiple day waits is silly. I have no problem visiting the same area DAILY. It's a safe bet that in 6 hours the area has respawned, probably 3 hours is safe to go back.

It's a false assumption that respawn timers are slow or long, everywhere, and I mean everywhere (specifically on the original continent) are mined MANY TIMES a day, constantly. And they produce.

I usually wait for a max of three hours... there's no need to wait longer. I've been mining for over a year, and mainly at the same spot over and over, so I think I've got it down right.

I usually wait for a max of three hours... there's no need to wait longer. I've been mining for over a year, and mainly at the same spot over and over, so I think I've got it down right.

r u sure u talking abt eudoria and not CND?

24 hours, little less or more.

Of course, I almost always mine Amethera though. Eudoria never seems to give me good results.

I'm with Rocket, I've been mining for 2.5 years, I do a run in the same spot in the morning and afternoon, same results.

In my experience it really depends on the area. "Respawning" really seems to depend on the amount of bombs/probes=Ped spent in that "area"

As an example, on Amethera, TI most days, can be mined every few hours, much like CND. I've run it, globaled etc, run it again in a few hours, and more globals. Other places can be days or weeks, depending on the traffic. I'm the opposite of some of the posters here. If I see lots of green dots, I tend to do better, than if I rarely see a dot at all.

My advice, if you really want to narrow the time, would be to try your "spot" every day or so, and if that is working, try that spot a bit sooner, and sooner till you figure out roughly the time frame for that area. ;)

But that's me....:laugh:

On CND there are so many people, I believe you can go to any dome at any time and something will have just spawned/respawned.

On Eudoria as well, no one ever actually knows 100% when your favorite spot has last been mined by someone else. You could go there and be successful once, go back 1 day later and be successful again. Then you go back the next day, and completely lose your arse. Then go back the next day, and completely lose your arse. And on and on and on...

I believe that the people with the really deep finders have the best luck in consistently finding ores at their favorite spots, because only a small fraction of the mining population is able to find what they are finding.

If someone with a TK320 has a nice spot, they can continue to find nice ores there. Why? Because even if someone else comes along and mines it in between, there is a 80-90% chance they do not have a finder capable of finding the stuff that the TK320 would find.

I believe that the people with the really deep finders have the best luck in consistently finding ores at their favorite spots, because only a small fraction of the mining population is able to find what they are finding.

If someone with a TK320 has a nice spot, they can continue to find nice ores there. Why? Because even if someone else comes along and mines it in between, there is a 80-90% chance they do not have a finder capable of finding the stuff that the TK320 would find.

Too true. These are the people that can maintain a considerable, consistent profit. Untill MA change the spawn fields next VU :p

~Tracer

Back