Changes that could fix PvP4

• Yes I agree, get rid of vehicle storage and pvp resources on other planets

Votes: 40 50.6%
  • No, pvp4 is great the way it is

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Other, I think changes should be made, but not those

Votes: 22 27.8%

• Total voters
I don't agree about removing vehicle storage.

I would much rather see vehicles to act like avatars but keep their loot. This means you need some kind of toxic shot applied to them to be able to spawn/enter in pvp4. When someone distroys a vehicle they could loot part of that toxic shot, just like it is now with avatars. Also a vehicle once distroyed should be automatically teleported to storage and the recall to storage function should not be available in pvp4.

I think this will benefit economy in many ways and will restore some of the old PVP feeling:
- PK'ers will be tempted to shoot the vehicles for the toxic shot
- more tt of pk weapons will be used. As it is now a 50 ped tt lr59 t9 will last you ages in pvp4.
- vehicles will decay a lot faster, creating more demand for them from crafters
- noobs will still be tempted to mine/hunt there since they have a chance to lsave their loot. However if you can't escape or defend yourself, having your toxic shot on vehicle lost too many times will make hunting/mining there unprofitable.

I think that you make an excellent point. As discussed by a few others, if vehicles somehow gave you loot for killing them, similar to the toxic shot system (do something that is proportional to the HP for the vehicle, like pitbulls being worth 10 ped and valkyries only worth 1). Also being able to not recall them instantly, at least having some sort of delay would make it slightly more difficult to just escape in pitbull, especially if someone has other vehicle with mounted weapon.

However, I also think removing vehicles from lootable areas only is a great idea, but in all honesty I don't see that happening.

would also reguire that we cant move after pressing T .... atm you only have 60 sec from you see the gd to catch up to him and kill the pitbull and then him.
they just press auto drive and then T and the vehicles drives on (cant turn tho) while the timer counts down.

so timed/disable recall - disable moving after pressed T - make vehicles lootable/ammo loot ....
thats to much for MA to do without messing up something :eyecrazy:

-------------------------------------------------
i can imagin the know issues on that VU release :
pressing "T" will destroy you car making you stored loot lost.
pressing "recall vehicles" gives you a 30 sec timer and then you die (a vehicle repair tool is needed to revive you).

we are working hard to fix the problem (when we get back from weekend)

Regards MA

Instead of making new rules on pvp4, an alternative might be to create a new pvp zone that is vehicle free. Perhaps on a new part of the world that does not exist yet, way up north or south, where there is no server yet? Changing the stats on vehicles by making them not work where they currently do, requiring a toxic barrier to be purchased to add to vehicles, removing inventory storage, allowing lootable inventory storage in them, etc. would indeed be a nerf. I think some miners use the vehicles there as armor. If you are going to remove their form of armor, why not remove the ability for any hunters or pvp folks to be able to wear armor there too? You wouldn't do that because it'd be a nerf. Why nerf one side but not the other?

Adding all of the ideas in this thread to a new pvp zone in a new server, perhaps in a new island up north of Medusa Head where there is no server at the moment or somewhere similar might be the way to go about doing it in a less nerfy way?... Then add NEW resources in that new zone. SDS/Calypso only resources -- stuff that won't be available on other planets.

well it isnt only the resources ... the mobs in pvp4 are unique and cant be found els where and they are part of whats worth fighting for.

pvp4 is (was) the only active pvp zone besides the rig that was active so why make a new pvp zone to add all kinds of stuff when it can all be solved by banning vehicles from pvp4.
i know the resources wont be fixed that way but i dont think we will get that fixed anyway. but with a risk in pvp4 again the MU would proberly go up a little cuz the pitbull noobs wouldnt overmine it and it would be left for those willing to fight for it like it used to be.

so it would be ALOT easyer to just ban vehicles from pvp4 then creating a whole new lootable pvp area with unique mobs/resources.

I have only one thing to say here, or two...

Make it radar disabled and make it more suitable for PvP!
(I know there is another lootable PvP area that has radar disabled. But I say let's remove that one.)

Meaning do it more interesting for anyone to hangout at that place. Bring in some ruins or other structures so it will become an adventure to go in there... both for nib miners and for "uber" PKers. Radar disabled will also make tactics more useful than now when it is more about brutal strength and weapon range when two green dots meet.

In these structures the more experienced PKers could flex their muscles between eachother if they wanted to, in a more suitable FPS style. Or just hide in the ruins to wait for a unexpected miner to pass by.

Also with radar disabled it would be possible to scout out a miner and follow him until he loots something or at least goes out of his Pitbull to drill, and then attack. Still the PKer would have to watch out for other PKers that might follow him.

Maybe this could also make it more fun for PKers that is not only in it for the peds to arrange protective services.

Long story short: I think radar removes all tactics (both for players and vehicles) what so ever in lootable PvP and the land structure atm is both too big and not suitable at all for PvP. Leave rest as it is for now.

Of course some other things could be tweaked as well... as the payment for taking down a car (Pitbull). But fact remains, we need to make it more interesting and more advanture like to go in there for all type of skill levels.
/Oz

Voted #1
But you might think otherwise: pvp3 died -> pvp4 apeared -> pvp4 allmost dead -> maybe time for new lootable pvp5 with a set of fresh rules, resources and mobs?

PK has been ruined by large socs, family of socs and of course alliances, basically BA. Apart from bullying newbs there really isnt any fun to be had. It's basically just one big tea party at pvp zones, mutual back slapping and cock surping. God forbid that anyone would attempt to kill an avatar of similar stats one vs one. Rockstars are the only example of the old pker spirit, fuck everyone else and kill anything that moves.

PK has been ruined by large socs, family of socs and of course alliances, basically BA. Apart from bullying newbs there really isnt any fun to be had. It's basically just one big tea party at pvp zones, mutual back slapping and cock surping. God forbid that anyone would attempt to kill an avatar of similar stats one vs one. Rockstars are the only example of the old pker spirit, fuck everyone else and kill anything that moves.

So you're saying one of us looted you? :yay:

Dont want them to remove storage in vehicles, just disable it in pvp4. I use the vehicle storage for my armor sets and plates, why buy extra boxes you can only use for storage when u can drive/fly you storage? :cool:

PK has been ruined by large socs, family of socs and of course alliances, basically BA. Apart from bullying newbs there really isnt any fun to be had. It's basically just one big tea party at pvp zones, mutual back slapping and cock surping. God forbid that anyone would attempt to kill an avatar of similar stats one vs one.

Exactly the reason why i could never join a soc that does this sort of teaming on a regular basis. I personally take far too much pride in my soc name and soc identity to dilute it as much as these guys do, and if my soc ever did .... i would leave !

As much as i dislike all that, i would disagree that such cross teams are ruining pvp. I may dislike that they dilute their brand image to that degree, but i sure do like going solo into these team territories and doing as much damage as i can over and over and over and over ....... again !

Rockstars are the only example of the old pker spirit, fuck everyone else and kill anything that moves.

Hmmm thanks i guess lol. I have no idea how things used to be :silly2:, but i can tell you we REALLY dont give a shit about who we piss off with PK or what they have to say. :yup:

First, introducing tiers to guns has brought almost any person who can buy a high tier gun up to the level of what people used to consider uber in pvp. Any noob running around with an LR53 against someone who had pvp armor back in the day, was going to get owned every time. Now, any LR can be tiered up enough to so a decent amount of damage. Face it, armor can be tiered, but it cannot be increased enough to hope to protect against damage from tiered guns, as each tier on guns can add more than 10 damage points per tier, when adding tiers on armor may increase the protection 10 points around tier 7 or 8. Same thing with faps.
great, opens up pvp for ppl who dont just have 70 000 ped laying around to buy pvp stuff
suddenly being on a weaker spot again where you could probably be killed by someone else and lose your stuff sucks i guess

Second, bringing in vehicles with unlootable storage and high hp vehicles such as the pitbull that take absurd amounts of ammo to kill. In fact, the pitbull itself, more so than any other vehicle, even aircraft, ruined pvp because it provides a means for both miners and hunters to store up to 400kg of loot and be effectively invulnerable. Yes they can be killed, but it takes at least 10 ped and since you cant even get whats inside, it doesn't matter. If vehicles were lootable, at least you would have the chance to be able to get to the no doubt hundreds of ped of ore or other loot and such that miners/hunters are running around with inside their pitbulls. However, it is still easy enough to just recall a vehicle to storage and again have no risk there.
well, considering tanks and apcs are kinda there to withstand normal fire, dunno whats bad about that
also allowing more ppl to mine saver, i think thats good, more at the end

Third, the introduction of PvP4 only resources on other planets where there is again no risk to mine them out of the ground, and they exist in mass quantities. Look at what has happened to the markup of blood moss, himi, and pyrite because of this. Formerly only found inside 'the zone' the decline of their attractive markup to miners can be directly related to when they were introduced on other planets and people found out. I'm surprised a spawn of mulaak, muluk, and mulmun hasn't magically appeared in some non-lootable place on rocktropia yet to be quite honest.
thats great, why, at the end

These two changes would at least provide pkers with some sort of target, since every miner and hunter these days stores their loot after every extraction or kill almost. And, more real pkers might be attracted there since everyone who may still be or used to be a pker who bought expensive gear and whatnot to make a profit on killing miners and hunters in pvp. This would also restore the resources in pvp to normal price that they were at for a long time until vehicle storage came along and also the spawns on other planets. But at the same time, miners would also be attracted for the allure of more profit potential. It would be win-win for everyone except the low level noobs who have pitbulls and mine there without fear of anyone because they know their stuff is safe in a pitbull.
i dont know what percentage of the playerbase was a pker, is a pker, was/is a pvp4 pker
lets just say, as you pointed out, many ppl had big armor and stuff, which is fairly scarce, i would say not many

so possibly there are more ppl in pvp4 now
granted, less pkers, but is that a bad thing?
the "make profit on killing miners" i leave uncommented for now

that its a win/win situation i dont think
it is a win for pvp4 ppl (which is a very small% of the EU player base imo) and possibly a win for the miners (who dont get shot, else it doesnt matter)

however, i think most people, dunno, 80%?, are hunters, not pvpers, using faps (maybe miners do to)
now having cheaper faps cant be all that bad, can it?
and afaik the markup of blood moss etc. is still way ahead of most other (especially common) mining resource
thus profiting for miners is still totally possible imo, just at more places and not presented on a silver platter as often

tbh, the interest of lootable pvp by the, lets call it generel population, is basically 0
you see that on pvp 3, which was never really frequently visited by people afaik (as getting your loot robbed sucks i guess)
the only reason ppl came to pvp 4 is cause you forced them to if you wanted the L faps
so pretty much 80% of the player base (hunters) paid for that

so instead of having the miners served on a silver platter now, with 180m range and 200 damage or godknowshwatelse guns, being 1 shot kills etc. it suddenly became more challenging
that is very bad ofc, having to pay for your loot possibly, as the rest of the community has to who doesnt loot the peds of other ppl
so i think it is a great thing, for the actually weaker party (who doesnt have 70k ped laying around or if, doesnt want to invest that in pk stuff), for underarmored, outgunned, slow, with idiotic tp chip load time so there is a way lower chance to escape party to actually do something against it

as to cheaper resources to get cheaper faps, bring it on
best you put blood moss and himi, etc. on eudoria too, cheaper faps wont hurt prolly :D

besides, i havent been in pvp4 really, neither as hunter nor as miner (3 times maybe) or visitor (once)
so i dont feel a grudge for being shot and looted, i havent been there enough to actually be shot more than once (implementation day, shouldnt stick your nose out then)
i have an aversion of killing ppl to get their peds though (yaya, its a gamemechanic blablabla, so was trapping spiders, but thats an exploit ^^)

edit after reading a bit more of the thread
as to "the risk, you go there and can be looted"
the pkers didnt "risk" anything really, maybe 5 ped anti toxic shot, thats it
miners and hunters "risked" the toxic shot+their loot
because i hardly doubt the pker goes in there with 100 ped of stuff, saying "now, thats fair, if they manage to kill me they get something too, afterall thats the risk about"

Last edited:
I just think it sucks that MA (or fpc or whoever does things) completely ruined a single profession. PK is, if not completely ruined, alot worse than it used to be because of these new vehicles.

And Alice do you realize that some people have bought expensive skills, gear etc just to be able to PK? That's their risk. And then PvP got taken away from them...

I think I have already said this, but I think opening ANOTHER lootable zone without vehicles would be a great solution for everyone. If you don't want to risk anything, you can mine in pvp4, and if you want to gamble you can mine fore rare resources in the new zone.

edit after reading a bit more of the thread
as to "the risk, you go there and can be looted"
the pkers didnt "risk" anything really, maybe 5 ped anti toxic shot, thats it
miners and hunters "risked" the toxic shot+their loot
because i hardly doubt the pker goes in there with 100 ped of stuff, saying "now, thats fair, if they manage to kill me they get something too, afterall thats the risk about"

You want safe go mine or hunt in safe zone. You want unfair, you come into a zone designed specifically for lootable pk and bring your personal storage with you so you can get rid of it real quick.

How are vehicles different to that bug where certain folks could have the tt or even their storage open while mining/hunting in lootable ? Obviously Ma removed the bug because it was an Exploit / Unfair conduct / Cheating !

Then after all that they go and make a item that can be exploited even easier than the original open tt or storage bug. Personally i dont think MA did it intentionally to ruin lootable. I think it comes down to the all too common lack or foresight in their planning. And efven though this may well be the case, we also know MA aint gonna do jack shit until they feel like it..... UNLESS !!!!

Unless we can somehow prove that they are making less money every month as a direct result of unlootable vehicles in lootable pvp. Becauce i am damn sure if it even remotely looks to them like they are loosing or being "cheated" (Even if its their own damn fault ), they will act ASAP !

REmove enhancers
REmove vehicles
Remove Grace period
Remove Recall Resource
Remove the ability to loot blood moss as if it were oil from nonpvp

In other words, revert to vu9.4 pvp Only then will it be "fixed"

I just think it sucks that MA (or fpc or whoever does things) completely ruined a single profession. PK is, if not completely ruined, alot worse than it used to be because of these new vehicles.

And Alice do you realize that some people have bought expensive skills, gear etc just to be able to PK? That's their risk. And then PvP got taken away from them...

I think I have already said this, but I think opening ANOTHER lootable zone without vehicles would be a great solution for everyone. If you don't want to risk anything, you can mine in pvp4, and if you want to gamble you can mine fore rare resources in the new zone.
as you said, thats their risk

my highest skill is melee, melee was destroyed as soon the L stuff came
probably hit more ppl at that time who were happily slashing with kat honors and stuff and bought funny priced swords, which are now basically worth tt
so what?
although its way below the possible value loss there, i bought my embra for 3000 ped, now i can tt it without losing much markup
so what?

its my risk
my dropping more unL stuff, implenting new stuff, so i lost out, doubt anyone except me cared and so are godknowshowmany stories

in that case, its time to adapt
if the ppl who go there solely for pk, they can still pk eachother, but as i said, the pker likely dont go in there with loot ^^
and i am strongly for the fact that the ppl get more ways of self defense in that matter, if its a pitbull with storage, great

besides, vehicles should have luggage space, i mean that is partially the point of them, isnt it ^^

but why should the the hunters, a big part of the rest of the EU population, bleed with higher cost for faps just so the expensive gear some pkers bought paid off (which it probably already did)?
or crafters to craft the fap (another bigger part of EU population)
and that miners lose out a lot with a still high % i doubt

so if its just for pking eachother, they can just do it
to spice things up they could bring 10 or 20 ped loot each time to "have fun" and feel "risk" when some noob with tier 5 lrsomething shoots them

so imo, the point is, and the only point is
that pkers are pissed that they lost a bigger part of their herd they could cull, a herd of always looting mobs and for that loss of herd they could even get shot easier

it isnt about excitement
it isnt about blood moss prices
and it probably isnt better for the community who has cheap faps now

that buying expensive stuff helps the ecomony isnt that through either
a)the following deposit would probably be withdrawn by the seller, thus effectively nets 0 pretty much
b)the stuff is usually bought, if i got this thread and the intentions of pvp4 right, to make a profit, which is likely to be withdrawn, thus actually nets minus figures in terms of "improve community"
c)as already said, cheaper faps, thus cheaper hunting for many many more ppl which could, maybe, even lead to more ped turnover and more deposits (ok, far shot, but still possible)

maybe i get it all wrong though, who knows

REmove enhancers
REmove vehicles
Remove Grace period
Remove Recall Resource
Remove the ability to loot blood moss as if it were oil from nonpvp

In other words, revert to vu9.4 pvp Only then will it be "fixed"

I find it interesting in the variety of responses in this thread, because on one hand, you have people like Hadlen here, who have experienced the pvp experience before all of the changes I mentioned were implemented. On the other, you have people like Alice, who write a book pretending to know what they are talking about, but even self-admittedly have only been in pvp 3 times ever. How can you really be taken seriously about thinking pvp is fine the way it is now, if you were never on the end of the spectrum where you invested thousands of ped into some serious pk gear (as many people have) only to have its value destroyed since no matter how big your gun is, you really cant kill a pitbull or loot what's inside it even if you did. hell, they might as well just make pvp4 "non-lootable" according to your comments. at least then all the noobs could come in completely free of risk and further ruin what was once a flourishing place to hunt or mine.

In my opinion, the new pvp, after the major update to VU10.0 was the best it has been. I'm not saying I didn't like the old circular pvp zone, but I think the mountains and terrain made it a lot more interesting before vehicles and tiers and all that was created. However, I guess that the fun part of being in a lootable pvp zone is pretty much gone. The adrenaline of having 30 ped of ores on you and having a green dot show up on radar. Now all you have to do is hop in your pitbull or vtol and escape without worrying about dying 90% of the time.

to spice things up they could bring 10 or 20 ped loot each time to "have fun" and feel "risk" when some noob with tier 5 lrsomething shoots them

that pkers are pissed that they lost a bigger part of their herd they could cull, a herd of always looting mobs and for that loss of herd they could even get shot easier

it isnt about excitement

re-read your post and realize how absurd that sounds. the first part the middle and the last.

fyi, it is about excitement, it is about blood moss prices, and the % markup on faps is not affected as much as you claim it is. yes it changes, but blood moss going up to 1000% isn't going to make faps unaffordable. and as far as making profit. if MA was smart, they would WANT higher markup shit, because then people would be paying a premium for more things they buy, that MA doesn't have to pay back 90%TT value to. We all know they don't care if something is low or high markup. They only care about the TT, and with high markup they give you back the same amount of peds as if it is low markup. So in theory they would actually make more ped off hunters.

as you said, thats their risk
in that case, its time to adapt
if the ppl who go there solely for pk, they can still pk eachother, but as i said, the pker likely dont go in there with loot ^^
and i am strongly for the fact that the ppl get more ways of self defense in that matter, if its a pitbull with storage, great

besides, vehicles should have luggage space, i mean that is partially the point of them, isnt it ^^

but why should the the hunters, a big part of the rest of the EU population, bleed with higher cost for faps just so the expensive gear some pkers bought paid off (which it probably already did)?
or crafters to craft the fap (another bigger part of EU population)
and that miners lose out a lot with a still high % i doubt

it isnt about excitement

that buying expensive stuff helps the ecomony isnt that through either
a)the following deposit would probably be withdrawn by the seller, thus effectively nets 0 pretty much
b)the stuff is usually bought, if i got this thread and the intentions of pvp4 right, to make a profit, which is likely to be withdrawn, thus actually nets minus figures in terms of "improve community"
c)as already said, cheaper faps, thus cheaper hunting for many many more ppl which could, maybe, even lead to more ped turnover and more deposits (ok, far shot, but still possible)

maybe i get it all wrong though, who knows

Reading this makes me think you never went to pvp4.
The idea behind fixing pvp4 is to have great MU(something worth mining/hunting for).
It would help everyone not just PKers.
You make everyone unlootable(pitbull) makes the supply to high, drops the price and kills the area worth hunting/mining.
In a few months pvp4 will be just like any other LA or place... a non-lootedable area though it says lootedable but it is all just a lie.
Just seems stupid to have god mode in a place where risk is supposed to meet benefit. Now or soon enough it will be like no risk = no benefit...

Last edited:
I want vehicle storage :( ..those times I actually do mine and not hunt as I always do, I feel very comfortable with my 104 refiners and drills, knowing that if I am unlucky enough to hit some 200kg deposit, I can just drop them to my pitbull and send that fellow to home, and continue running as if nothing happened.

No, I dont go to pvp4, I have some rather bad experiences with it :)

Back