• No, pvp4 is great the way it is

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Other, I think changes should be made, but not those

Votes: 22 27.8%

• Total voters

anonimity

Stalker
Kayla Mystique Sinclair
Lets face it, to anyone who has ever spent any time in lootable pvp, it is not what it used to be. Here is a recount of what I believe has ruined the lootable pvp zones. As it has been discussed over and over by people on this forum.

First, introducing tiers to guns has brought almost any person who can buy a high tier gun up to the level of what people used to consider uber in pvp. Any noob running around with an LR53 against someone who had pvp armor back in the day, was going to get owned every time. Now, any LR can be tiered up enough to so a decent amount of damage. Face it, armor can be tiered, but it cannot be increased enough to hope to protect against damage from tiered guns, as each tier on guns can add more than 10 damage points per tier, when adding tiers on armor may increase the protection 10 points around tier 7 or 8. Same thing with faps.

Second, bringing in vehicles with unlootable storage and high hp vehicles such as the pitbull that take absurd amounts of ammo to kill. In fact, the pitbull itself, more so than any other vehicle, even aircraft, ruined pvp because it provides a means for both miners and hunters to store up to 400kg of loot and be effectively invulnerable. Yes they can be killed, but it takes at least 10 ped and since you cant even get whats inside, it doesn't matter. If vehicles were lootable, at least you would have the chance to be able to get to the no doubt hundreds of ped of ore or other loot and such that miners/hunters are running around with inside their pitbulls. However, it is still easy enough to just recall a vehicle to storage and again have no risk there.

Third, the introduction of PvP4 only resources on other planets where there is again no risk to mine them out of the ground, and they exist in mass quantities. Look at what has happened to the markup of blood moss, himi, and pyrite because of this. Formerly only found inside 'the zone' the decline of their attractive markup to miners can be directly related to when they were introduced on other planets and people found out. I'm surprised a spawn of mulaak, muluk, and mulmun hasn't magically appeared in some non-lootable place on rocktropia yet to be quite honest.

Anyway, all that being said, I believe the system could at least be fixed somewhat if 2 significant changes were made to the game. Clearly the tier system isn't going away so realistically speaking we can't fix that. If armor defense enhancers added 'more' protection, it might even out some of the insane damage guns out there (think about a tier 10 felis that hits as hard as a tango, but at a normal firing rate).

- Get rid of Vehicle storage (honestly, how many people actually use this outside of the pvp zone? yes i realize that it is convenient for miners to not have to return to storage so often, but if you are driving around all the time anyway, who cares if you are heavy as shit and can only manage to walk)
- Eliminate the ore and enmatter spawns of traditionally PvP only resources on other planets and keep them inside PvP4 like they used to be.

These two changes would at least provide pkers with some sort of target, since every miner and hunter these days stores their loot after every extraction or kill almost. And, more real pkers might be attracted there since everyone who may still be or used to be a pker who bought expensive gear and whatnot to make a profit on killing miners and hunters in pvp. This would also restore the resources in pvp to normal price that they were at for a long time until vehicle storage came along and also the spawns on other planets. But at the same time, miners would also be attracted for the allure of more profit potential. It would be win-win for everyone except the low level noobs who have pitbulls and mine there without fear of anyone because they know their stuff is safe in a pitbull.

Vote and discuss if you agree or disagree with me, but really, I think those two suggestions would be great for re-invigorating PvP4 to something closer to what it used to be.

I always hoped that blow up a vehicle = loot like you killed the PK player, if the vehicle had any in it.

Now THAT would be fun... Also DISABLE Recall in lootable pvp ;)

MA does have a tendency to fuck up things that was good it seems :D

traditional pvp resources on other planets was a big mistake. I agree. wtf

it could be fixed fast .... ban vehicles from lootable pvp ... they already have that function on pk events so could be done in lootable pvp too i guess :scratch2:
and make the pvp4 only resourses to only spawn in there like before..

even if vehicles where lootable it would suck cuz they just press auto run/drive and press T ... then you only have 60 sec to chase him down and kill the pitbull and him...

so many things have been fusked up by vehicles :mad:

traditional pvp resources on other planets was a big mistake. I agree. wtf
Sure put them on other planets if you want, but in lootable pvp there too ofcourse anything else then that is just fucking retarded!!

So I voted #1 obviously

I agree with you completely, Kayla! I really hope MA/FPC will do something about this, to fix it.

What i would like the most is bring back VU9 PVP gameplay and rules where real skills had a use where melee weapons were used where you could loot miners/hunters where we had FUN.

Easier way to fix pvp4. Missions on mulmun, muluk hir, and mulaak'f. :D

This will fix pvp4 much faster and easier, since no matter what SDW did otherwise, Neverdie could just make spawns of mulaak'f or muluk hir, or all the ores on RT/NI without pvp enabled

the sole purpose that vehicles were really made was for pvp, so removing them from pvp would be a bit silly.

the sole purpose that vehicles were really made was for pvp, so removing them from pvp would be a bit silly.

Well MA has done the worst job possible implementing vehicles in lootable PVP as they have absolutely killed it.

spoken like someone who has never stepped into pvp equipped with a gun intended to kill other players.... plus if you read my post, you would see that my suggestion was to get rid of vehicle storage.... not removing them altogether.

i Could't care less... I don't even go in there :) i hope mega reads this, he will be proud of my grammer ;)

MA has changed the faced of PvP4. Uber robbers do not control them any more. Thats fairer, to say the least. MA please it as it is. My 2 pecs.

And does it seems right that 90% of all PvPers think that vehicles has FUCKED the gameplay in lootable?

Vehicles in lootable is making lootable into non lootable..

Just remove the whole fucking lootable if they wanna keep vehicles in there, no fucking point since we can just instant recall and fall down and die on the ground. (Even tho with a camo with scope its bloody easy to shoot 2 ppl falling from the skie down and take the little toxic chip + 2ped loot they each were carrying) ;)

The deal with lootable if you ask me, was that if you go in there any loot something... IT IS A RISK you take, not a god damn "Oh check this 200 ped mulmun hof.. I will just put it in the pitbull and recall it while I take my VTOL up in the air and kill myself so I go all safe and sound to TT again"

Not even a risk of having to load tp chip anymore.... PvP4 is just like the oil rig, with higher MU, if you ask me. :(

Doing as OP suggests would be amazing, remove vehicle storage and if possible, disable FLYING vehicles in there.. Makes it more interesting and gives some more adrenaline when you end up getting swarmed by 4 other players, sitting in your pitbull knowing if you do not get out of here, they will get your loot. :D

correct me if im wrong but last time i checked about 3 or 4 weeks ago, I was in pvp4 with a soc mate that got a big claim i was guarding her. she had over 500ped worth of ore in her pitbull. we both got schooled by another player and everything she had on her and in pitbull was looted... when she was killed.... we tested it a second time to see if it was a bug and it was not. if the vehicle is out or not spawned and in her inventory it is lootable... the only way to prevent it is doing a recall before she is killed. and a good pker should be able to kill a miner or noob or moderate player before they even see it coming. so then they get the loot.... what is the problem in my opinon is the lack of iron challenges for pvp mobs and the fact the resorceses are not exclusive any more..

What's the problem? Miners now have the choice not to be hassled by pkers, and pkers have the choice to continue killing each other. Individual choice is always a good thing.

correct me if im wrong but last time i checked about 3 or 4 weeks ago, I was in pvp4 with a soc mate that got a big claim i was guarding her. she had over 500ped worth of ore in her pitbull. we both got schooled by another player and everything she had on her and in pitbull was looted... when she was killed.... we tested it a second time to see if it was a bug and it was not. if the vehicle is out or not spawned and in her inventory it is lootable... the only way to prevent it is doing a recall before she is killed. and a good pker should be able to kill a miner or noob or moderate player before they even see it coming. so then they get the loot.... what is the problem in my opinon is the lack of iron challenges for pvp mobs and the fact the resorceses are not exclusive any more..

the vehicle is lootable is its in your inventory ... if its spawned on the ground it cant be looted.
as it is now you see the gd on radar way before it enter the radar like before so there is really no risk cuz there is plenty of time to store your stuff before the pkér gets to you.

What's the problem? Miners now have the choice not to be hassled by pkers, and pkers have the choice to continue killing each other. Individual choice is always a good thing.

your kinda right but lootable pvp was made so you could loot other so it was a risk you took if you wanted to.
and its kinda funny that almost all miner that used to mine in there before vehicles are gone now and its now filled with noobs in pitbulls who had never gone in there if they had to risk anything. in the old thread i made 7 months ago the miner that used to mine in there also wanted the vehicles removed, only the "new" miners wanted them to stay.

I agree about resources beeing available only in pvp4 but I don't think it will be possible.

I suspect that Himi, Blood Moss and Pyrite are standard ores, not some Calypso specific ones. They are used to craft faps and weapon enhancers which seem to be part of the standard systems MA have developed. This means all planet partners can place those resources on their planets. At least a rule that they can only be found inside a lootable zone on that planet could be enforced by MA.

However we might have to get used to not have BM, Himi, Pyrite with an insane markup.

I don't agree about removing vehicle storage.

I would much rather see vehicles to act like avatars but keep their loot. This means you need some kind of toxic shot applied to them to be able to spawn/enter in pvp4. When someone distroys a vehicle they could loot part of that toxic shot, just like it is now with avatars. Also a vehicle once distroyed should be automatically teleported to storage and the recall to storage function should not be available in pvp4.

I think this will benefit economy in many ways and will restore some of the old PVP feeling:
- PK'ers will be tempted to shoot the vehicles for the toxic shot
- more tt of pk weapons will be used. As it is now a 50 ped tt lr59 t9 will last you ages in pvp4.
- vehicles will decay a lot faster, creating more demand for them from crafters
- noobs will still be tempted to mine/hunt there since they have a chance to lsave their loot. However if you can't escape or defend yourself, having your toxic shot on vehicle lost too many times will make hunting/mining there unprofitable.

Btw, isn't there an PK achievement that could hint such a system in the future?

no, i am saying while the vehicle was spawned my freind got pkd by dante and it looted the vehicles as well as her.

I agree about resources beeing available only in pvp4 but I don't think it will be possible.

I suspect that Himi, Blood Moss and Pyrite are standard ores, not some Calypso specific ones. They are used to craft faps and weapon enhancers which seem to be part of the standard systems MA have developed. This means all planet partners can place those resources on their planets. At least a rule that they can only be found inside a lootable zone on that planet could be enforced by MA.

However we might have to get used to not have BM, Himi, Pyrite with an insane markup.

I don't agree about removing vehicle storage.

I would much rather see vehicles to act like avatars but keep their loot. This means you need some kind of toxic shot applied to them to be able to spawn/enter in pvp4. When someone distroys a vehicle they could loot part of that toxic shot, just like it is now with avatars. Also a vehicle once distroyed should be automatically teleported to storage and the recall to storage function should not be available in pvp4.

I think this will benefit economy in many ways and will restore some of the old PVP feeling:
- PK'ers will be tempted to shoot the vehicles for the toxic shot
- more tt of pk weapons will be used. As it is now a 50 ped tt lr59 t9 will last you ages in pvp4.
- vehicles will decay a lot faster, creating more demand for them from crafters
- noobs will still be tempted to mine/hunt there since they have a chance to lsave their loot. However if you can't escape or defend yourself, having your toxic shot on vehicle lost too many times will make hunting/mining there unprofitable.

Btw, isn't there an PK achievement that could hint such a system in the future?

You have an idea here but the value of the toxic shield for the vehicle would have to be much higher than what is required for the avatar. I say this since it cost significantly more in gear decay and ammo spend to destroy a vehicle, most of which are Pitbulls. Although i would prefer to loot what the other ava has, i would admit you might be onto something worth while here. Vehicle recall will still be a problem until such time as a "Recall to storage" time delay is introduced much the same as when one hits T.

You have an idea here but the value of the toxic shield for the vehicle would have to be much higher than what is required for the avatar. I say this since it cost significantly more in gear decay and ammo spend to destroy a vehicle, most of which are Pitbulls. Although i would prefer to loot what the other ava has, i would admit you might be onto something worth while here. Vehicle recall will still be a problem until such time as a "Recall to storage" time delay is introduced much the same as when one hits T.

You're right, vehicle toxic shot should be a lot higher then 5 ped.

Good suggestion regarding the "Recall to storage" function. It should either be completly disabled or have a delay like when pressing T.

do not, i repeat do not start suggesting a time delay on vehicle recall. this will only be fd up by ma. u should all know this, making them unable to be recalled in pvp is much better. please edit the post about the delay. we dont want ma getting facy ideas. this will backfire for hunters who are not pkers trying to save a vehicle from mob swarm..... please keep that in mind. another thought is this... as i have not pked much i dont know but couldnt u blow up a pit. with vehicle weapon from another vehicle from far away or the person. i have already said that vehicles that are spawned can be looted, i saw it happen about 4 weeks ago, dante pkd me and my friend, my friend had a pit out with 500ped of ore in it. when my friend was killed she didnt get a chance to recall. when she did after dying the vehicle had been looted of all the ore.

@OP:
For 99% of the players, lower MU on Himi, Blood moss is positive. Explain WHY anything on PVP needs to be fixed.

I agree that pvp4 needs to be fixed. Or they should make a new lootable zone that doesn't allow vehicles and that has rare ores/unique mobs, that would be perfect imo :) The people who wanna mine without risk can be in pvp4 then and mine for moss/himi, and the "gamblers" can mine in the new zone.

Adi's idea was good too.

do not, i repeat do not start suggesting a time delay on vehicle recall. this will only be fd up by ma. u should all know this, making them unable to be recalled in pvp is much better. please edit the post about the delay. we dont want ma getting facy ideas. this will backfire for hunters who are not pkers trying to save a vehicle from mob swarm..... please keep that in mind. another thought is this... as i have not pked much i dont know but couldnt u blow up a pit. with vehicle weapon from another vehicle from far away or the person. i have already said that vehicles that are spawned can be looted, i saw it happen about 4 weeks ago, dante pkd me and my friend, my friend had a pit out with 500ped of ore in it. when my friend was killed she didnt get a chance to recall. when she did after dying the vehicle had been looted of all the ore.

You can still pick up your car in inventory if you want to avoid mobs decaying it.

- Get rid of Vehicle storage (honestly, how many people actually use this outside of the pvp zone? yes i realize that it is convenient for miners to not have to return to storage so often, but if you are driving around all the time anyway, who cares if you are heavy as shit and can only manage to walk)

I don't mine in toxic PVP. But I use the vehicle storage for regular mining when I want to send my ores back to storage. Just make the vehicles lootable, no need to fiddle with the mining mechanics outside of PVP.

Apart from that I agree with the general direction of your proposals.

What you're proposing would probably be a nerf to the people 98% of the calypso population who *doesn't* visit pvp4 regularily. It would be yet a nerf that would be applied because of lootable pvp (remember the "leader gets all" team rule that got changed when pvp4 was implemented?).
At the same time as you propose changes to vehicles that would mean a disadvantage for the "hunted", you don't propose any change to vehicles that would be a disadvantage to pk:ers.

If you want pvp4 what pvp4 was before the vehicles there is an even simpler solution: Make entire pvp4 a non-vehicle zone. That would prevent miners from using vehicles as protection and storage, and at the same time would slow down pk:ers from covering a large area and using a pitbull by themselves to approach a target to get within reach of say LR66(L) while the target might try to TP off or use a long distance weapon (whos damage would get absorbed by the approaching pk:ers pitbull). Also it would prevent pk:ers to use vehicles like tanks to hunt down miners and kill them without even exiting the vehicle.

As someone who rarely goes into pvp4, as seen from the other perspective, why not make pvp4 restricted to only trade terminal weapons, hp maxed at 90 and no armor & faps in pvp fights? ,) (Well i'd lose anyway :laugh: )

just ban vehicles from lootable pvp ... no need for new features to mess things up.
there was plenty of ppl risking trips in pvp4 before vehicles came... they are almost all gone now and new ppl in pitbulls took over.

lootable pvp is the only part of EU where you can get some exitement out of pking and maybe profit.
emagin how many pissed ppl there would be if all pkers started to just kill ppl all over the place in non lootable pvp, whats the problem with having a area where you fight for things ?

im mostly a miner and invested in gear to defend myself in there cuz of the fun there was so i dont just speak for pkers.
now after vehicles i hardly ever go in there cuz its overmined and all noobs drive around in pitbulls while mining, and i wont pay 10ped to kill a pitbull and then get nothing back ... if i can even get it killed in less than 60 sec :eyecrazy:

vehicles should never have been in lootable pvp to begin with...

we just need mulmuns - muluk and f´s to spawn outside pvp4 and it will be as empty and useless as pvp3

Last edited:
solution

toxic shot applied for any vehicle u wish to enter/spawn into lootable pvp

lootable vehicles

disabled recall function on vehicles in lootable pvp

auto recall of vehicle after destroyed and looted.

pickup of vehicle denied if vehicle have items in vehicle storage.

unique loot/resources ONLY to be found in toxic zone.

missions for pvp4 mobs.

this should make pvp4 more active , and creating more demand of weapons/vehicles/armor

cheers

ermik

Back