How would EU be if …

Society
Grecu
We are all upset when loosing peds and loot is bad and etc. etc. So how would the game be if the real cash economy disappeared and all make profit in everything that we do? Ex: No loot - gone , nrf - gone, manufacture anything u desire and so on ? would we still play this game ? Is it all about money ?

Hmmmm ask anyone who has played a pay by month MMO. That is what EU would turn into basically if there was no challenge involved and the monetary aspect was taken away.

I was trying to explain to my disciple the other day that EU is not just about hunting/crafting/mining. Sure those are the fun things to do, they tend to cost, and once in a while you may get lucky doing the fun stuff. But the reality of EU is trying to minimize your cost either by finding a way to make ped within the EU (other than depositing) A great deal many of us don't have that kind of patience or tenacity so we deposit.

My main goal is to build up enough ped and hunt/mine efficiently enough that I don't have to deposit quite as often. Sometimes it works most of the time its just a slow drain on the ped card. Needless to say EU is quite a challenge sometimes almost to much of a challenge. When you grind and grind and grind and then grind some more and those skill and item goals you once had keep getting farther and farther away it starts to seem like a fruitless endevour.

I personally think a happy balance between making your goals and attaining useful items will build the player confidence. While making every dream come true would eventually make EU challenge-less making goals seem impossible will have the same affect.

To easy of a game = boredom

To hard of a game = boredom

Inbetween those two is the place to be.

A good balance of incentives and attainable goals will keep and bring more people into the EU and MA will get more money.

I think this might ring true for many but lets say you loot and awesome item or made that skill milestone would you not participate more to see if that item or skill makes a difference. I know I would. At one time I was trying to loot some shadow armor and in reality I know if I did loot a piece I know it would cost me more because I would then try to put the whole set together.

EU needs to have a challenge and in every game there are winners and loosers or it ceases to be a game and turns into a "pat everyone on the back" for a mediocre job.

Hmmmm ask anyone who has played a pay by month MMO. That is what EU would turn into basically if there was no challenge involved and the monetary aspect was taken away.

yeah i think it would be rubbish even tho i deposit very little but id rather play this than pay 8quid a month to play world of war craft(sorry bout mentioning another game but its just and example) and not be able to sell out at the end of it.

Also if MA were to change it all peoples money would go to nothing and thats not fair plus people would probley try to hunt marco and stuff irl lol

It is about the money. I wouldn't have even started playing.

It would be same bs like all the others.

EU would be like all others...no thanks :p

:D so it is all about the money :D I agree to that. But how much of us have in plan to take out some funds? Are we going to spend all on new items/armors/wep/faps etc. In general i deposit when i am looking for something new ... We like the idea of real money but serious are we going to take out some funds or just invest?

WTF is this doing in Fan fiction???

WTF is this doing in Fan fiction???
Wondered the same thing a minute ago... hehe

I think the idea that you can win or lose real money puts an edge on EU that the monthly fee games lack.

I just returned from a several month stint in one of them and found that it couldn't hold my interest. There were no real stakes except my time. I find that the idea that if I'm not careful I'll throw money away motivates me a guides my actions ingame. Often, it means I play less, sometimes it means I take a couple nights and spend them down in PA with noobs, sometimes it means I hunt snables for the nth time. Sometimes I get out the bigger gear and hunt the biggest stuff I can take down. So, even though I'm not really about trying to make money ingame, money greatly influences what I do.

Back