Hunting questions

Berle

Hatchling
Hi,

Returning player here. The last time I played was in 2016. I've been reading the forums for 3 days now to get caught up with all the changes, and I have some questions for clarification. I'm sure I probably missed the info somewhere so don't hate me if these have been answered before (haha). I'm also lazy in general so it would be great if you could just answer or link posts 😜
And I'm not sure this is the right thread, but since most of the questions are hunting related...

DPP and loot comp: As far as I understand it, DPP doesn't directly change the loot comp (per loot event) it's just that you will have more loot events vs a lower DPP weapon, so you will see better loot comp (just because a certain percentage of loot events are going to have the better loot comp). Is this correct?

Armor and fap decay are partially returned in loot. Are they returned at the same percentage? For instance like you get back 75% (just making this number up) of armor decay back. Is your fap decay returned at the same percentage? Or is like you get back 90% fap decay and 75% armor decay?

Rings, buff pills, etc.: it seems like there are all sorts of different buffs now. Is there any gear in particular I should look out for that won't break the bank in terms of rings or eq with special buffs?

Eff wep and looter levels: Do you really need both? It seems like a new player would not have either of these. The wep they use would have a low eff compared to a mid to higher level player and their looter level would be extremely low. Should they just expect way lower returns until they skill up and gear up, or is there some other factor?

Double shrap loots: Are these completely random from the "bonus pool"? Your looter level and eff doesn't affect the size of these right? Does the mob size itself affect the size of the bonus shrap, or does it only look like that because the "bonus pool" is bigger for that mob (more expensive to kill, etc.)

Did any one ever figure out if the scope skill percentage actually does what Mindark said it does?

Oldschool UL non-sib weps. Does it make any sense at all to use these now?

There are also many many more mob types than I remember. Loot is dynamic, but can anyone confirm there are new and/or different items dropping from the same old mobs that have been around forever? For instance, just a random one, I remember farming some UL items from Maffoids that would pretty much always drop if I killed enough. You could even "force" them to drop just by letting them regen repeatedly (or at least it seemed this helped probably just because you were able to get over the threshold needed for the item to actually drop since the cost to kill was so high). Is this still a thing?

Thanks everyone. You're the best!

I hope this won't became yet another thread how loot works, but will add some of my thoughts 😁
In short - better eff means better TT returns (or lower loss). Looter level should also add ~0.07% TT per level.
Something like if you are lvl40 looter and use cheap 60% eff weapon, you can expect your returns (long term) to be at around 93%.
DPP also affect loot composition and help to kill cheaper. So higher DPP is always nice.
Also there is a thing like loot waves, where better stuff drops for short periods of time, in these waves it's not bad to have good DPS too.
Overall the best is to have good combo for high DPP and EFF and proper DPS for mob you hunt.
Talking about gear like rings, there is huge variety to choose from depending on your needs and budget.
I'm not sure what budget you have for this, but if it's small budget - get at least some Ares ring. This will increase your DPP and DPS. If you need defence, cheap and good option is athenic ring.
If you can afford like 12k+ for rings - nice combo is Ares Augmented (or Ares Perfected) + Halloween 2022.
Also depending on what weapons you use, you might check Mayhem limited amps. These are extremely durable and also gives you lifesteal so you save on armour or healing costs. They are so durable that mu influence is like almost none at all depending on their 56k uses until they break.
Also for melee, you can use melee Mayhem amps (these are very cheap) together with other melee amp.

What Vill said is what i and most people consider the truth about dop, eff and looter etc, some don't but I would recommend listening to the advice above!

I'll add some of my beliefs to your other questions:

Scopes/sight, the amount of increased skill si so small it's pretty much useless, it adds decay so also adds skills but it's absolutely minimal. It's just for looks unless they add buffs like crit dmg/crit %.

Fap decay I'm not too sure about but most is returned in loot, as is armor decay, the amount im unsure of but would guess around 90% on both.

Double shrap as i understand it is a sort of equalizer for you to get up to your expected returns, it comes quite often and is probably related to eff/looter in a way but personally I wouldn't guess it's related to mob cost in that sense, I'm mostly guessing here.

UL old school weapons, don't use them if you're not maxing them, the shots missed and damaged not maxed is pure loss you won't get back in loot calculations as far as I know. When maxing them they're as good as any other weapon with similar stats.

About forcing UL item loots, I'm not sure how it was before, but I highly doubt it's like that now. Kill tour mobs as efficiently as possible and never expect any UL loot, they're just a bonus as all UL loot worth anything is very very rare these days.

Looter level should also add ~0.07% TT per level.

skills go up to level 200. the first 100 looter level add 0.07% tt each and the next 100 looter levels dont add anything at all? i find that kinda hard to believe. wouldnt it make more sense to be in relation to the mobs danger level, similarly to how evader works?

skills go up to level 200. the first 100 looter level add 0.07% tt each and the next 100 looter levels dont add anything at all? i find that kinda hard to believe. wouldnt it make more sense to be in relation to the mobs danger level, similarly to how evader works?
Levels don't go up to 200, there is no top level, there are several players who are over level 500 in certain profession, not looter but makes no sense that any looter level would be capped at 200.

Looking at what evidence there is from the community on looter levels and efficiencies impact on returns, what Vill said is considered correct, for most people haha

Levels don't go up to 200, there is no top level, there are several players who are over level 500 in certain profession, not looter but makes no sense that any looter level would be capped at 200.

Looking at what evidence there is from the community on looter levels and efficiencies impact on returns, what Vill said is considered correct, for most people haha
well then "soft capping" looter at lvl 100 makes even less sense, does it? i have only seen one "test" about the matter and that one seemed flawed in its execution as it disregarded all other variables that couldve influenced the outcome. it seems to have been looking for the confirmation of its thesis instead of looking at all variables and forming a thesis around the results.

well then "soft capping" looter at lvl 100 makes even less sense, does it? i have only seen one "test" about the matter and that one seemed flawed in its execution as it disregarded all other variables that couldve influenced the outcome. it seems to have been looking for the confirmation of its thesis instead of looking at all variables and forming a thesis around the results.
If you're expecting MA/Entropia to make sense you're in for a wild ride😂 From the information and charts/tables I've seen, the consensus on 0.7% per level for efficiency and looter is as close to "solved" as it will be in my book, your free to habe your own thoughts and guesses but I'm not gonna argue or discuss this further since this is not a loot theory thread.

Edit: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...d-on-actual-data-as-of-march-3rd-2022.286664/

"I've only read one study where someone used actual data, but instead of believing them or gathering my own data to test.....MONSTER LEVEL MUST INFLUCENCE"

"I've only read one study where someone used actual data, but instead of believing them or gathering my own data to test.....MONSTER LEVEL MUST INFLUCENCE"
have you read it? he himself says that theres a lot of conjecture and that he used less good methods to make something that fits his theory. but hey, up to you to not use your own critical thinking :)

Back