Hunting unamped

Mar73

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Beru
Hi all :)

At lvl 38 so I supose I`m still a noob hunter...so here`s my Q :

Why is it considered a «fault» by lotsa people to hunt without amping a gun ???

I mean lets supose I DO NOT hunt mobs that are outta my league...is the little gain in eco (and a bit less decay on gun/armor/fap but again, hunting mobs my lvl so not much fapping to do) REALLY offset the cost of a 100% dacayed amp (20-30 peds even more) ?? (oh and by the way I did not even factor the inflation on amps nowaday...)

So I might be saving a bit on the repair bill of other hunting equipment but I pay FOR SURE 100% decay on my amp ! The way I see it is that these 20-30 are pure loss compared with hunting unamped :scratch2:

Enlighten me :laugh:

Have a nice day

There's nothing wrong with not using them IMO. I mostly hunt with unamped adjusted hero, after MA dropped version 8.9 with the loot change. Doing better on the long run.

Your mileage may vary.

Depends If you use (L) weapons or not :)

Its quite easy if the amp increase your eco then yes use it if not then no and yes its a good idea to take note on the gun being fit for the mob you hunt you are correct if one average shot with amp gives a mob 90% of its hp in dam then next shot will be even more waste of pecs with amp but then why not use the amp just on a more well suited mob ?

I did some calculations some time ago using a number of assorted weapons and amps.

In all cases you were always doing more damage per pec with an amp than without an amp.
Note: ALL cases.
You were just getting decay rather than ammo burn.
So a hunt, unamped, with 145 peds ammo all used up would have been 100 peds ammo and 40 peds of amp decay, for example.

The difference got lower the bigger the guns original damage got, but I did not find any cases where you were worse off using an amp than not using one.

This makes perfect sense when you remember that decay is profit for MA, so they have to give you an incentive to use an amp.
Amps decay, and ammo is not profit.
Use an amp, and you give them more decay, and do slightly more damage for you money.

Hunting eco isn't just about using the right equipment. It also has to do with the mobs you hunt. If you only use an amp when you hunt out of league of course you are going to notice the losses much more. For me when I am hunting, I notice that i'll spend more decay and ammo unamped then amped and in the long run it adds up to being more than the decay on amp.

Hunting eco isn't just about using the right equipment. It also has to do with the mobs you hunt. If you only use an amp when you hunt out of league of course you are going to notice the losses much more. For me when I am hunting, I notice that i'll spend more decay and ammo unamped then amped and in the long run it adds up to being more than the decay on amp.

If i read you post right, you just said what I said.

+ rep.

Thx guys

I'll have a better look into it

Have anice day

Don't forget overkilling mobs...that can waste peds with an amp in a large way, especially on bigger amps and guns.

Anyone find (L) amps worth using BTW? I was amazed how fast the only one I ever used got used up and never went near them since.

t

Anyone find (L) amps worth using BTW? I was amazed how fast the only one I ever used got used up and never went near them since.

The Rapper (L) works pretty well on an S60 but they are hard to find. I tried one of the Bull Tacs when they first came out and was very disappointed. As a mainly BLP hunter it's generally quite difficult for amps. The Beast is the cheapest common unlimited amp and you need a relatively big gun to use it effectively.

Back in January I was on a quest to accumulate 1000 Daik wools using a P2a with a 101. In almost all case it only took 3 shots to bring down a young. After I completed the quest I returned to that setup on and off when ped were low. It seemed somewhere along the line 3 shots were taking out fewer and fewer youngs. Four shots would always bring one down. Removed the amp and was not too much surprised that four unamped shots would also do the trick.
So as others have mentioned match your amp/weapon to the mob.

Note:This was not a detailed test recording data

James

Back