Hunting was suggested..

Mortality

Mature
Belladonna Bella Fitzcombe
Well i logged in today, planning on doing a bit of sweating, but luckly for me my pixie thighs sold for 10 ped, woot, so lets use that 10 ped (and take peoples advice) and fix up my little dagger a bit (Clericdagger 1A) and go hunting (no armour).

Results.

Beast..................................Loot
1 Ex Young.............................Nothing
2 Ex Mature............................29 cents & 5 Animal hide
3 Combibo Mature....................Nothing
4 Snablesnot female young........5 cents
5 Died to Ex Dominant
6 Died to Snablesnot female old
7 Snablesnot male old...............27 cents
8 Snablesnot male old...............nothing
9 Combibo old..........................nothing
10 Combibo young......................nothing
11 Snablesnot female old.............22 cents,1 wool, 1 blue paint
12 Ex old..................................nothing
13 Ex mature.............................nothing
14 Ex young..............................nothing
15 Ex young..............................27 cents & 4 animal hide
16 Died to Combibo old
17 Combibo mature.....................nothing
18 Ex old..................................24 cents and 2 soft hide
19 Snablesnot male provider........32 cents, 1 yellow paint and 1 animal hide
20 Ex young.............................nothing
21 Ex young.............................nothing
22 Snablesnot male mature.........nothing
23 Snablesnot female mature......1 cent & 6 animal hide
24 Snablesnot female mature......nothing
25 Ex mature...........................nothing
26 Ex old died to weapon unusable.

Summary

Cash.............1.73
yellow paint....0.03
blue paint.......0.05
2 soft hide......0.20
16 animal hide..0.16
1 wool............0.20

Grand total 2.37 peds from a 10 ped repaired dagger :mad:

there yah go, typical noob hunting outing.

yeah, it's awfull sometimes, try Rep Axe 1x0 instead of dagger... and try to do like 100 ped decay run per day...

in first days it's all about the luck (later too), equipment and skills are just the top of the mountain called luck, you got 2 ped out from 10 but you could hit an HoF and get 200+ peds... with bigger runs you got better chances to hit hofs but not always it means that you'll will make the profit from it :(

sad.
The game is supossed to be funny to play.
I could say : let meet in game, i will gift you 10 peds.I did this before.
I say : read this forum , explore a bit the EU before to make some " investments" , and PM me , if you wish, i still offer to you the 10 peds.
Nobody can give you advices about how and what and where to hunt or to mine or to craft.
Follow your instinct and decide on your own responsability.

I think its pretty much impossible to get a good return on 10ped hunts like that, unless u get lucky 1 time (like i did :laugh:)
i only got 1 advice, dumb the dagger and buy an opalo, a 103 amp, 30 to 50 peds ammo, hunt some bigger exarosaurs (theres a landarea south of new oxford btw) and try to compare your results to what you got now.

When I was doing the same as you (but with axe 1x0, much nicer damage scores:)) I'd look at the 2.37 return and figure out which mobs I could kill with it... which ones might pay back the loot from before. I'd probably head to Twin and knock over 3 or 4 Argo young, or maybe Fury for 2 Feffs and a Tripudion... maybe even an Umbranoid... or just go for the snots and get 7 or 8 youngs... What I'm saying is, that 2.37 you got is still a good chance at getting more. My Ped balance regularly goes 200-140-50-10-80-120-? through using every last pec in an attempt to kill just one more mob.

Another tip might be to stockpile hides etc until you have a few for selling at a decent price. Face it, 2 peds is the same as 2.37 really, you won't miss it.

Mortality said:
Well i logged in today, planning on doing a bit of sweating, but luckly for me my pixie thighs sold for 10 ped, woot, so lets use that 10 ped (and take peoples advice) and fix up my little dagger a bit (Clericdagger 1A) and go hunting (no armour).

Id start by losing the Cleric dagger and getting a TT blade. Is best to stick with TT weapons at least until you max out the stats. (those are the gifts they gave us to compensate for nerfing our old hit%'s last year)

edit: you also might want to pickl up a tt pistol and a little bit of ammo to use for "finishing shots"...when the beast only has a few hit points left, is best to use a cheaper/lower damage/decay to finish it off.

meaning if the beast only has 3 hit points left, isnt good to use a weapon that does 15damage to finish him off.

That is way too short a hunt to comment the results... I agree with everyone here that a 100 PED hunt reprise is the optimal to go. Even 50, it worked for me when I was short on cash, but really nothing less. The first 10 PED are really badly spent most of the times. If the loot was that bad, you should have relocated somewhere else, but you obviously couldn't do it because you ran short on ammo.
Your weapon of choice might not have been the best option either. Stick with TT ones until you get a 10/10 hit ability and you'll figure out after that to what exactly to upgrade.
As for not wearing an armor... in my little experience until now, it's not always the good choice even for a noob. A pixie or, if you got a little more PEDs to spend - a goblin, would last you a long time and will be very helpful in not cutting short your hunting sessions by deaths that could be easily avoided wearing an armor.
Your stats are really bad, you were probably very unlucky and the fact that you finished the sessions so fast didn't help at all. Massive small mobs hunting sessions always gave me at least 80% in returns, and as soon as I skilled up and was able to hit them more efficiently, I normally come home (!) with a small profit. My lucky area - there it goes my "secret"! - is south and east of Jason Centre. Full of very accessible mobs, not too dense and not too rare, always looting decently, perfect for the noob!
Good luck!

The chances that you are gonna profit on 10 ped ammo are really slim even for a skilled player. My best "noob"-hunting trip was a 45 ped run where I got back about 100 PED after repairs (no globals).

Last edited:
10ped for Pixie Thighs? what was the tt value? 9.50peds?

man, I always tt those or give them away, maybe I should sell them now...

:D

MistyDawn said:

It was made with Atrox sweat! :D

Mortality: see, this is one thing that you did completely wrong and just threw peds down the drain. Of course you're losing big time. Have you checked the auctions first? Pixie parts are there with TT+0.5 most of the time. Same price you could have got on the streets as well. 10 peds for any pixie stuff is definitely a rip-off! :eek:

ModOh said:
sad.
The game is supossed to be funny to play.
I could say : let meet in game, i will gift you 10 peds.I did this before.
I say : read this forum , explore a bit the EU before to make some " investments" , and PM me , if you wish, i still offer to you the 10 peds.
Nobody can give you advices about how and what and where to hunt or to mine or to craft.
Follow your instinct and decide on your own responsability.

Thanks for the offer, but im a strong willed independant female determined to play this game for a while n try n figure it out.....the wild theorys will come from me eventually. :D

beautygal said:
That is way too short a hunt to comment the results... I agree with everyone here that a 100 PED hunt reprise is the optimal to go. Even 50, it worked for me when I was short on cash, but really nothing less. The first 10 PED are really badly spent most of the times. If the loot was that bad, you should have relocated somewhere else, but you obviously couldn't do it because you ran short on ammo.
Your weapon of choice might not have been the best option either. Stick with TT ones until you get a 10/10 hit ability and you'll figure out after that to what exactly to upgrade.
As for not wearing an armor... in my little experience until now, it's not always the good choice even for a noob. A pixie or, if you got a little more PEDs to spend - a goblin, would last you a long time and will be very helpful in not cutting short your hunting sessions by deaths that could be easily avoided wearing an armor.
Your stats are really bad, you were probably very unlucky and the fact that you finished the sessions so fast didn't help at all. Massive small mobs hunting sessions always gave me at least 80% in returns, and as soon as I skilled up and was able to hit them more efficiently, I normally come home (!) with a small profit. My lucky area - there it goes my "secret"! - is south and east of Jason Centre. Full of very accessible mobs, not too dense and not too rare, always looting decently, perfect for the noob!
Good luck!

Its roughly a typical noob hunt, normally id go with about 12 ped from 1000 sweat. As for armour if i find anymore i will prolly start wearing it.
Where was i hunting? from the East Scylla Mountains tp, north a bit, so not too far from Jasons. I will try this again but conscentrate on Snablesnots more, the males especially seem to be the easiest creatures to kill.

dunno

MistyDawn said:

Nah thay were nothing special, i put buyout at 10 ped and they went, did notice tho when i put em up that there were only 3 for sale...maybe theyre harder to get or summat?

Mortality said:
Its roughly a typical noob hunt, normally id go with about 12 ped from 1000 sweat. As for armour if i find anymore i will prolly start wearing it.
Where was i hunting? from the East Scylla Mountains tp, north a bit, so not too far from Jasons. I will try this again but conscentrate on Snablesnots more, the males especially seem to be the easiest creatures to kill.

Yeap, that'd be the area, East Scylla up to Jason. However, as you get closer to Scylla and away from Jason, you're facing more combibos and they take much more shots to kill compared to snablesnots (yep, the males are easier :laugh: ), daikibas and exas. Closer to Scylla are also some Fouls and Merps... too many ammo to kill them, if you manage to stay alive, that is. Don't avoid the birdies around JC... they can sometimes loot surprisingly good.

One way I like to hunt is to team hunt I often hang around Camp Phoneix or Port Atlantis offereing TP runs/hunts.

Joining a team hunt is not only a great way to meet new people but you will also extend how long yours peds last as ammo is shared between mobs.

You can also hunt bigger creatures, meaning a possible bigger return.

One thing to be aware of is that most mobs will loot the price it cost to kill them. this is to say that if a snable was to take 30 handgun shots thats 30pec (a blatant guess there) then snables will loot around that value, some more some less. as you get more skilled the idea is that it would take say 20shots instead of 30 now when you get that same 30pec loot you get a profit.

Now not all mobs will carry loot and sometimes they will carry alot. no-one can say or tell you otherwise afterall we are all guessing only MA really know, but its allways that next one could be the HOF of the hunt, and can always suprise you by being a young mob.

I do much better hunting snable olds and domis then I do hunting bigger mobs with Weapons I cant use.

I combine mellee with rifle and handgun.

Rifle taggs them and shoot on imcoming, axe to kick crap out of em and handgun to finish off the job as thats the lowest decay use of my weapons.

I hope this make sense and will come in handy sometime :) and if I see you ingame and ill hopefully ber onlater today (couple of hours) we can do some team huntgin ill take you to some bigger mobs, and show you some places to get sweat by the ships(allthough sweating here can get more sweat provies less evade skills )

rotten ice said:
One way I like to hunt is to team hunt I often hang around Camp Phoneix or Port Atlantis offereing TP runs/hunts.

Joining a team hunt is not only a great way to meet new people but you will also extend how long yours peds last as ammo is shared between mobs.

You can also hunt bigger creatures, meaning a possible bigger return.

One thing to be aware of is that most mobs will loot the price it cost to kill them. this is to say that if a snable was to take 30 handgun shots thats 30pec (a blatant guess there) then snables will loot around that value, some more some less. as you get more skilled the idea is that it would take say 20shots instead of 30 now when you get that same 30pec loot you get a profit.

Now not all mobs will carry loot and sometimes they will carry alot. no-one can say or tell you otherwise afterall we are all guessing only MA really know, but its allways that next one could be the HOF of the hunt, and can always suprise you by being a young mob.

I do much better hunting snable olds and domis then I do hunting bigger mobs with Weapons I cant use.

I combine mellee with rifle and handgun.

Rifle taggs them and shoot on imcoming, axe to kick crap out of em and handgun to finish off the job as thats the lowest decay use of my weapons.

I hope this make sense and will come in handy sometime :) and if I see you ingame and ill hopefully ber onlater today (couple of hours) we can do some team huntgin ill take you to some bigger mobs, and show you some places to get sweat by the ships(allthough sweating here can get more sweat provies less evade skills )

Thanks thats really helpful !

Back