I lost it!!

True. But when you have everything and can do anything, the verse becomes so very small. And yes it can become boring too. But what Wizz said. Taking a break from the platform is very good :) It helps. And saves money :)

I have my doubts you can handle many mobs in EU solo :)

Yes .. exact the same!

Reached many things.....unlocks, LVL100+, decent gear but the fun is gone.

I remember when we had loads of fun doing team hunts on Hogglos or Chompers back that days, sad thing today is, I rarly can find a team for hunting.
Even the weekly opalo hunts or sunday powerfist events have vanished, that was good fun too.

Whats left is the shared mobs in the wave spawns, thats still good fun.

Sad way EU is going, to much solo grinding for irons, if you ask me.

Feels more like a stand alone grind adventure than an MMO.

I remember when we had loads of fun doing team hunts on Hogglos or Chompers back that days, sad thing today is, I rarly can find a team for hunting.
Even the weekly opalo hunts or sunday powerfist events have vanished, that was good fun too.

I feel what you're saying.
But I wonder who's fault this is.
Is it MA's? Or own own for not doing such stuff anymore?
It's not that MA made it impossible to do that stuff.
There's still an octagon. But why aren't we there anymore?
There are still opalos, why dont we use them anymore?

Maybe because MA added other stuff to do? Like irons.

But, isnt it up to us to to decide what we do here with our time, energy and ped?

I think in this case the blame is not onto MA but on the player base.
The player base gets old.
10 years ago, we were all new. Everything was exciting. But after a decade that starts to wear off.
Now it's up to the new generation to bring life again in this universe as the oldtimers apparently have given up.

I am on a brake.

I catch my breath sometimes when I remember how much of my life revolved around this game. It was SO worth it.

Not sure when that feeling abated. But still checking in to see if the brakes need to be released!

I think in this case the blame is not onto MA but on the player base.

Totally agree, its not the failure of MA here.

Its the comon mindset we see in EU comunity today.

To many pec counting, to many efficency optimization, and hell avoid hunting with anyone who got better efficency than you, as your loot will suck statements.

Another thing I often can see, why hunt bigger than puny, its just money waste, loot is good on puny and it drops nice MU items, so why go teamed on something bigger? LOL

Additionally there is the irons. If you like to get the killcounts you still need to do most damage. Thats why many people don´t like to hunt with others who have higher DPS, just to get their iron killcounts.

All this things didn´t exist in the old days.

We went for Hogglos to drop some ESI or a nice gun, or simply get a nice UBER loot. Hogglo loot was fairly good.
Same for many other mobs we hunted with our Millitarys not even maxed with it :)

It would be even better efficent today with all this L stuff available for all levels. Noone would need to go with a unmaxed weapon, but its so much harder to find a team these days.

Thats not an issue that MA caused, its an issue with the comunity itself and the comon mindset.

In the past we said, 10 people with Opallo are as efficent as a solo hunter with a MM, and this is still true.
So why I can´t find 10 people with a z12+A101 that are willing to do what MM users do, just as team and not solo.

When I look around at Icarus or Boreas and other places, there is really enough people.
Asking for a team on something bigger than puny or Kerbs, no replys.

Its just anoying that everyone wants to do his own thing.

That took out the most fun for me.

Maybe if I find a active Soc, where the mix of old and new players is balanced I may find some team activity, but the Socs I have joined for a while past years none of it offered such an activity. It was just a couple of solo players who joined the same Soc, rarly any Soc activity :(
Well this isn´t MAs fault aswell, still a problem in the comunity (Soc).

What to say?
Looking for active Soc that offers regularly low gear team hunts, just for the fun of it!

MA taking the sand box away from the players helped lose some of it for me years ago. A lot of the fun was that MA left us alone to get on with it by ourselves with only a bar framework of a game but small things like the sweat camp and then the missions sort of dried up the enthusiasm with them trying to be too helpful.

Best way I can describe my feelings are you're doing a puzzle of a landscape and while you're not looking MA has come along and helped out by doing all the interesting bits and left you with only the sky to finish.

Last edited:
Well after mindark nerf anything interresing in minning

Like decay/range/depth/finders/skills
cap Multipliers
Hardcap in all valuable stuffs

and trow Waves/Timing i guess i near give up util somekind revamp or reduce way way my time in game
Have fun

to not say about nerf in all area in game if you using amp you going get 112-115% avg mu everywhere(except maybe pvp4) with tax(i know have plenty area without but sometimes you want go indoor and relax ) you bare bone to make profit

"In the past we said, 10 people with Opallo are as efficent as a solo hunter with a MM, and this is still true.
So why I can´t find 10 people with a z12+A101 that are willing to do what MM users do, just as team and not solo."

I kind of disagree with that because of the DPP of both items the opallo is 2.752 and the A101 is the worst of all that amp with a 4.106.

Having said that some of the best fun I had was the team hunts using opollas with or without the amp And I do miss those:).

<Video Clip>

Thanks for that.

I didn't come until 2010 but 10 - 20 person Opalo hunts were one of the things that caught me up in this game.

Someone was saying the other day no reasonable person would sweat but sometimes it was just time to stand around and BS. Sweating big mobs was just as fun as opalo hunting them.

If nothing else we would just gang up and party on the beach until it was "time to do something".

One of the few decent MMO at the time that wasn't about linear progression in a fixed profession through long solo grinder missions :laugh:

A shout out to all the old Angels & Devils still kickin' it in EU :beerchug:

I know your feelings, its the same for me some years now.

I artifically stopped hunting/mining/crafting.

Occationally I do small runs, just to check things and keep my account alive. Reduced my deposits drastically but still support the game by small monthly deposit (20 € a month).

There is so much potential in this universe but MA is not able to see it, and even if they see it and bring up some nice ideas (f.e. space transport missions) they fail to implement that. They also fail to implement high end content to keep the universe advancing.

I still have hope that sometime MA wakes up or they simply sell the platform to a company which has visions and try to make EU great again.

The spirit this game had 10 years ago, is gone for me too. To much boring grind missions, story totally lost, market dead, and more and more all flatened so that there is no difference in avatars (except the money cycle speed), no matter what skills or gear you own.

It makes me really sick in what direction MA is heading with EU.
Several times I already considered to cash out, but didn´t do it yet.

Still have hope but it gets smaller and smaller year by year.

I don´t know how you can get yourself back on track, as I don´t know how I could bring myself back on track.

Its in MA/PP hands to bring up something real motivating to make us play again as we did in the past.
As it is now, its just boring grind festival without real goals you could achieve.

Nailed it... really nailed it

we can but hope the new CEO is working hard to present something massive this year....was way to busy for a State of the Universe address...

There was nothing more to say...

Back