Idea for hangar use

Are you sure ?
You seemed too much happy to see folks like Dan, etc. proposing their own ideas.....

Of course he'd be happy the more bright ideas that get voiced the better, that's why he started the
thread this is a forum after all. Hangar topics come out over and over and over on PCF simply because
there is huge issues with them that need to be resolved and people realize that.

Since I'm too lazy to start a thread like this myself I'd like to thank JohnCapital for doing so. :)

Are you sure ?
You seemed too much happy to see folks like Dan, etc. proposing their own ideas.....

:scratch2: Yes I am happy to see your, and other folks' ideas. My hope is these ideas you and others gave will give MA ideas on what to finally do w/ hanagrs.

This was what I was saying before. I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear enough.

Edit; Thanks Misao . :)

I found that thread to reply on questions about Stock Exchange, but can't resist to not post here part about Hangars (from Q&A Answers (Aug-Sep 06)):

* Will Hangar-owners be able to hire pilots and give them a certain percentage of the ticket cost in the near future?

No.

* Will Hangar-owners be able to sell real tickets in the near future?

Possibly.

Would be a great place to hold a Party

Might be some great fun to make a few ramps and hold some jumping competitions , or races and or maybe see who could pull the largest train of mobs to the turrets or fill the hangars to make a snake pit.

Just a thought.

Bones

Nah, just make them into specialized mini-hunting-LAs ;)

1) Add item "Template Extractor" with 100PED TT. Add this item to Trade Terminal.
2) Allow LA owners to use this "Template Extractor" to extract "Cloning Template (L)" from the DNA in their LAs. Using it on an Atrox DNA would for example create "Cloning Template, Atrox (L)" with 10PED TT value.
3) Add "Cloning Tank" to hangars.
4) Allow hangar owners to put Cloning Templates they have bought from LA owners into a slot on their hangar.
5) Let the hangar owner set maturity and respawn speed (minimum respawn higher if maturity is higher, since they need more time to grow).
6) "Cloning Template" will decay 0.05PED/respawn, allowing 200 total spawns before breaking and having to be replaced.
7) Let hangar owner press a button to shut the roof hatch and the hatch by the ramp, if he wants to keep it private, so people have to pass through the terminal part of the hangar (which can be set to private) to get to the hunting part (main hangar part).

Ta-da, mini-LAs :silly2:

or...

if you take off from a hangar into space, you get the choice to enter normal space, or a space instance, which is a taxed sphere with space mobs, non-pvp, not connected to "real" space, upon exit you land at the hangar again, tax can be set by hangar owner and possibility for safe space hunting, space events, like pvp with prices (instead of lootable), or space combat training with reduced ammo cost. this would give traffic to and from hangars, and give them a purpose, and will give hangar owners a source of income.

even if you want to go to "real space" taking off from a hangar is more convenient, because you instantly get the choice to enter space or the space instance or fly away(not go to space), instead of having to go to the edge of the planet, saving some pecs in oil and saving some time.

at first the space instance will have no mobs, because the dna needs to be looted in real space.

Last edited:
How about the ability to land your spaceship (to show off), and then to go into warp-drive from the planet, without the fuss of first going into space?

Except saving a little on fuel, you don't save anything but time.

There are three types of approaches. First, a change that levies additional expenses on those lacking a hangar; second, a change that reduces costs for owners of hangars and leaves the expenses the same for the rest; third, implementing a new perk.

Given that space is already established and decisions were made years ago now about how space could be reached, i think (1) is out. (2) may be an option: let owners launch into orbit for free, perhaps (treat them as launch catapults). Letting privateers land (3) or implementing some speed boost or energy shield that fades over time or through usage and can be regenerated by parking in the hangar (3) might be the best approach.

I think hangars should be used to upgrade or service ships of all kinds.. make it where if you want custom upgrades to be done or tiering on ships, you must use or rent a hangar.

Old hangar had controll room where you cud recall your spaceship from space (CP at that time) back to home in your hangar.
It was action with no time or aditional costs.
If we find way to balance crafters with thrusters and wrap wich cud decay less for one way and then with motherships owners, here cud be tiny grey area where for small fee any privater with his passengers cud be recalled home from other space stations in no time...

That is like anyone is looking for quick sollution but anything more serious with wide range of posible services will need a lot of coding.

Last edited:
:yay: I'm loving all these ideas.

MA, are you listening?

So people who never use privateers/motherships services and fly on their own will be screwed and forced to use those services. If the goal is to stimulate privateers business, then MA may as well just remove quads from the game, with 15 ped cost to get into space 90% of the people would stop using them.

I agree. Old hangars had 2 functions: means for space travel and an estate. Pre-VU10 hangars owners got both functionalities back, even if separately. But now it's not enough for them to just have cool estates, they want more.

This man speaks the truth :wise: MindArk could possibly add the ability for Privateers to land at Hangars, and thus save their passengers the exit-decay/re-entry fee. But please don't nerf the other space travel methods.

This man speaks the truth :wise: MindArk could possibly add the ability for Privateers to land at Hangars, and thus save their passengers the exit-decay/re-entry fee. But please don't nerf the other space travel methods.

Now THIS is an idea. Privateers (and there are tons of them) to be used with Hangars. Everyone wins. +rep.

My god...using the hangers as they were originally intended??? You need to wash you mouth out with soap...that's burning at the stake talk here. ;)

Damnit .. What about the Party ?

One of the many great ideas in this thread I was pointing towards, not just the last few mentioned.

However, I admit the big difference w/ your idea is that it's a player-based solution, not MA-based. Not much MA can do to turn hangars into mini-discos. Besides I think that idea would be on the wrong planet. I wouldn't want to foul this one up.

Install a televator at each hanger.
With mutual agreement between hanger owner and privateer owner, a privateer can be on the guest list of exactly one hanger. Either party can revoke membership.
Players can then use the televator to travel to and from privateers on that guest list if the privateers is currently in the safe space for Caly. There would be some fee paid for use of the televator and that fee would go to the hanger owner. The fee would need to be competitive with the costs of flying to and from the privateer using vtol/quad. Perhaps the hanger owner could set the fee.

This would allow hanger owners to recieve financial benefit from owning the deed. Privateers and hanger owners could do some deal on revenue sharing if desired. Privateers without hangers have some way of leveraging the arrangement. Hanger owners can compete to get deals with popular privateers. Travellers have yet another option for getting places that offers some reduction in cost and/or risk.

If the televator implementation has issues (such as working out when it is possible to tp to a ship) then you could alternatively implement that being on the guest list for a hanger allows a privateer to land at the hanger. However that could run into problems with fitting multiple ships into a hanger from a graphics perspective.

Install a televator at each hanger.
With mutual agreement between hanger owner and privateer owner, a privateer can be on the guest list of exactly one hanger. Either party can revoke membership.
Players can then use the televator to travel to and from privateers on that guest list if the privateers is currently in the safe space for Caly. There would be some fee paid for use of the televator and that fee would go to the hanger owner. The fee would need to be competitive with the costs of flying to and from the privateer using vtol/quad. Perhaps the hanger owner could set the fee.

This would allow hanger owners to recieve financial benefit from owning the deed. Privateers and hanger owners could do some deal on revenue sharing if desired. Privateers without hangers have some way of leveraging the arrangement. Hanger owners can compete to get deals with popular privateers. Travellers have yet another option for getting places that offers some reduction in cost and/or risk.

If the televator implementation has issues (such as working out when it is possible to tp to a ship) then you could alternatively implement that being on the guest list for a hanger allows a privateer to land at the hanger. However that could run into problems with fitting multiple ships into a hanger from a graphics perspective.

Some good ideas here. However, the cost of flying to planet in a quad or VTOL is 2.10 ped (fee + thruster decay) that does not leave much scope for setting a competitive fee that would return a reasonable profit to the hanger owner or for any revenue sharing. However it would be possible to set fees that were competitive to the current 7 ped SS to planet TP fee though I really can't see MA agreeing to anything that deprived them of income, and this idea would do just that.

I like the last idea of allowing a privateer to land at a hanger just be being on the hanger guest list the best as it would not deprive MA of any revenue because the 2.10 ped cost of landing on planet would apply, and it would also give the hanger owner a reliable income. If the ship was landed at a hanger, passengers could board simply by selecting "operate" just like any other vehicle - no summoning or TP's needed.

When SEE first did the Shinkiba update there was a video that featured the hangar roof opening.

To date this functionality has yet to appear in game. So adding that would be fun a start. MA really need to start thinking more about the fun and less about the peds. Sure peds have their place but sprinking a little bit of love for the laughs would be nice every once in a while.

I'd actually like to see the hangars redistributed around the landscape a little more. They would be a "cool" thing to "discover" on your travels as a newbie (as the Thule one is). Putting them all in once place has no real benefit. Once you have seen one, you have seen them all. Boring...

Spreading them round would give some incentive to the owners to start decorating them/make them interesting. Additionally the hangars contain bars. They could be used as social spaces if spread around the ladscape a little more.

Here's an idea. Replace some of the shopping containers with hangars? They have all the same functionality iirc anyhow.

Here's an idea. Replace some of the shopping containers with hangars? They have all the same functionality iirc anyhow.
It's really good idea, I like it! But... Hangar has an owner, who could set it to Private (a lot of them Private now), as result we will just lost a lot of shopping containers without getting replacement.

On of solution could be splitting inside area on two - and one of them should state Public forever, but I think a lot of owners will be unhappy about that.
Another one - MA could ask owners, who want to set them as shopping container and remove ability to set it to private in exchange for that.

Also all Estate Terminals still bugged, and they don't show actual state of Estate - Private/Public. It just showing Public to all, only one way to check real state - open Terminal or try to enter.

ahhh good point! Forgot about the whole public private estate thing...

Another issue is that a lot of the hangars are located on Treasure island as they were owned by deathifier so he could sell them off... now I guess that isn't a biggie so long as he doesn't mind. If they have already been sold then so long as the owners are happy for them to be moved and he is too then that is all ok.

I guess any hangar owners could agree to have their property moved. Some would say thats fine others wouldn't.

The down side is that the owners loose TP convenience potentially? ie a remote SC/hangar replacement wouldn't be mega convenient to get to. However they could always move them to being near some of the existing TP's

Still... I think a remote hangar is still better than one that is surrounded by tons of others that look identical.

If a hangar was "hidden" in the same way chuggs is that would be cool

Wistrel

I guess any hangar owners could agree to have their property moved. Some would say thats fine others wouldn't.

The down side is that the owners loose TP convenience potentially? ie a remote SC/hangar replacement wouldn't be mega convenient to get to. However they could always move them to being near some of the existing TP's

Still... I think a remote hangar is still better than one that is surrounded by tons of others that look identical.

If a hangar was "hidden" in the same way chuggs is that would be cool
Actually we have enough TP's to put near all Hangars at separate TP (2 at most).
As result it would be more easy to advertise them as well (Hangar #1/2 @ *** TP), since now it's really hard to find required Hangar at Bases, even when you know it's number.

Main problem how to split them between TP's. It's possible to solve that using Auction. Better TP's will sell for higher, worst will be free for those, who didn't/don't want to bid. To be able to bid on location you should have Hangar deed and you could buy only one place for one deed (to avoid reselling). And after next VU MA could move Hangars accordingly.

Back