i'm a n00b from Silkroad

flamehawk

Hatchling
Society
Jamhot Weapons and Armour Co.
Destiny "D-Girl" Harris
Ok ppl I am very new to this game and I would like to say this game impresses me so far and another thing Can anyone tell me is it true you can have a vehicle on this game? :confused:

Afaik

The only "vehicle" you can have in this game is a spaceship you can pilot to fly back and forth from/to space station CND. Which requires quite the investment in a hangar and oil to fuel the plane...

flamehawk said:
Ok ppl I am very new to this game and I would like to say this game impresses me so far and another thing Can anyone tell me is it true you can have a vehicle on this game? :confused:

I play now Silkroad, just to rest from EU:)

before the end of this year...they say. so within a year it should be here. other then that, we only have space transports atm, which are, well, spaceships.

oh, and silkroad is nothing like Eu

WOuld you say that this game is better than Silkroad by any chance?

And I just speank 8 hours updating this game and now that it finished it was corrupt!!!!!!!!! anger

Spaceship

Spaciships are very boring since you can only go from 1 point to another. No free travels. And the only thing u see while travelling is a short movie illustrating a flight. I should not call the spaceship a vehicle. More a camouflaged teleport with some xtra cost and fuzz added.

W e l c o m e !

flamehawk said:
WOuld you say that this game is better... by any chance?

First, Flamehawk, let me say WELCOME to the Entropia Forum! I Hope you will persist in your efforts to DL and run Entropia Universe. As for your question I have quoted above, let me just say that for over 1 month now Shulien, Chandramuhki and Septimia have been standing on the road outside of Dowhang, waiting for me to bring them to life. I do feel badly for the girls but I feel their time has come, and gone.

Give Entropia Universe a good try. I think you will find it very worthwhile in terms of sheer fun, and community.

Sincerely,
Donald

First of all. WELCOME
Then on to the question of wether PE is better than silkroad.. I havent played silkroad, but what i can say is that PE can be very, very good and it can be incredibly BAD. It quite much depend on what people you choose to mingle with and what you make of it yourself. In PE there are no gamemasters creating a storyline, we make it ourselves. Of course the developers create the basic rules, but there arent any quests and such implemented from the devs.
What you should be aware of is that as this universe feature real money, there are real scammers. Take care with how you spend your money and who you borrow your equipment to. If a deal sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
You coming to this forum is a great start, as youll get aquinted not only with the the workings of the universe, but also with a lot of nice people.
If you use a little common sense when it comes to dealing with people (You woldnt lend a stranger your car, would you?) and spend your money wisely, youll have great fun here, if youre "made of the right stuff".
Have fun and good luck!

flamehawk said:

And I just speank 8 hours updating this game and now that it finished it was corrupt!!!!!!!!! anger
just get a better connection if it disturbs you :D

flamehawk said:

I have played both EU and silkroad.
There are some similarities between the 2 games but there are more opposites than similarities.
EU is a fun game to play and everyone in this forum myself included are very dedicated. to pretty much anyone here will think EU is better.

My best advice is to check out EU once you get the d/l. if you like what you see at start then check the fourms, the EU main site (where you d/l the game from) and learn as much as you can about how to play.

Most importantly look at EU as a totally new and different game. IF you compare EU to SR from a SR prospective you will be greatly dissappointed.
If your are from EU and are going to SR you like i do would find it a welcome distraction from EU and some of the frustrations that EU will bring.
Also keep in mind that EU is a game that is best played over the long term.
Eu is a game that is meant to be played and that you get the most value from it if you play for years.
Sr is meant to be played for a few months or a year at tops.
Personally i like EU more than SR and so long as i have money to do stuff in EU im usually in EU. you would also find that the EU community is much more close knit more involved. Most of the people who play EU with any seriousness are adults . Wich means you will meet a more mature player base than in SR.
We have are immature folks and kids here but those people usually dont stay long and usually leave once they realise that his game cost $$ and offers no free lunch.
The community is also very helpful if you have a genuine interest and want to learn how to play and are not after a handout.
This forum for example, it is 100% community effort and player operated.. This forum will be where you would come for most of your info and avice on how to play and what to do in EU.
The community is one of the biggest reasopns people stay or return to EU.

I usually go to silkroad when my avatar has no more ped (money) and i have to wait til my next paycheck in order to put more money into EU.

That means that like silkroad EU is free to d/l and connect to the servers.
Unlike silkroad, EU cost you r/l money to do a large majority of the activities that are available.
It is possable to enjoy EU with a small amount of money (like 20-100 $us.) especially if your a new player.
The more advanced activities and equipment in EU are very expensive

It is possable to play in EU without putting any r/l money at all but you will work your arse off and spend ALOT of time doing boring things to get ever scrap of in game money you have.
People just dont leave piles of gold or items around the countryside like they do in SR.

The advantage to EU that no other game currently offers is that you can take your game money out of EU and exchange it back to r/l money. Wich means if your creative, patient and are careful with how you use your money you might be able to take out more than you put in.
though get out more than you put in is not an often occourance the inverse is usually true.

I can go much more in depth on the differeances and similarities of EU and SR,
But your question and even this tread techically are against the rules of this forum (as the ruls are not to talk about other mmorgs except EU).
so i wont do that here other than what i said now.
I would be happy to talk with you more about this subject send me a private message via the forum private message feature and we can arange a time and place to meet up in either game for a nice long chat

In the meantime i would sugest you spend a few days reading and looking through the different topics, posts and catagories of this forum.
This forum has advice and info that will make enjoyment of EU much much easier, enjoyable and can save you quite a bit of money.
Some of the info here can help you to decide if EU is right for you.

Before i close i need to empasize the importance of NOT comparing SilkRoad to Entropia Universe as you play. They are in many ways totally different games, so much so that the developer of EU doesnt even consider it a game.
Instead go at it with open mind and open wallet and see if you can find enjoyment and fun in the challenges that EU has to offer :)

With that i leave you with a welcome to The forum here and to Entropia.
My you find EU as much of an interesting and fun challenge as well do.

Nirfu said:
I should not call the spaceship a vehicle. More a camouflaged teleport with some xtra cost and fuzz added.

Nicely put :laugh:

A short cut scene wouldn't go amiss or some other eye candy to provide the illusion one has actually gone somewhere - though I'm sure I would get impatient to waste a load of bombs after about 2 trips like this :rolleyes:

Didn't know so many people actually played Silkroad :). I even played it when Entropia was being mean to me :).

Weclome.

The games are quite different... So it give Entropia a chance.

Nirfu said:
I should not call the spaceship a vehicle. More a camouflaged teleport with some xtra cost and fuzz added.
BUT If you stand outside the hangar you actually get a cool animation when the ship leave too.. And the teleport wont kill you when someone use it :p

No useable transport, but you can see cars in Hadesheim parked up for some reason, if they are still there.

I plan on playing EU. in fact I plan on making it my main game i just need some help here and there and I got it working so I am happy now.

Back