Implementation Req. Mob info on maps

Legion

Marauder
Society
Supremacy Reign
Iam Flatline Legion
MA, please implement so when one clicks on an LA on the map show the mobs and maturity on them. It shouldn't be hard to pull that data from the servers once a day or even once a week or such. It's a pain to try and find the mobs one want to hunt, and one day a landowner could have changed mobs etc and you tp there and oops no mobs etc.. so please do this :)

Wait! In this case, I'd rather MA work on other more important stuff!

It seems to me that it should be up to the LANDOWNERS to make sure the rest of us know their land area(s) exists. Would it be so hard for the ones getting free ped to maintain listings on entropedia??

Wait! In this case, I'd rather MA work on other more important stuff!

It seems to me that it should be up to the LANDOWNERS to make sure the rest of us know their land area(s) exists. Would it be so hard for the ones getting free ped to maintain listings on entropedia??

Seconded. It's not MindArks responsibility to market land. Nor is it their responsibility to explore for players. This idea is well intended, but it doesnt make things any easier in reality, so serves no purpose.

Seconded. It's not MindArks responsibility to market land. Nor is it their responsibility to explore for players. This idea is well intended, but it doesnt make things any easier in reality, so serves no purpose.

Well, la's has to be found first so ma is not exploring anything for the player. And it's not about marketing, it's about making it easy for the players to find what they are looking for and not have to scour over entropedia for 20 minutes to find a good la.. and then you get there and notice the info is totally wrong.

I have mixed feelings on this.

On one hand it would make it easier to log in and go hunt xxx in a limited 1-2hr period online.

On the other hand, if we are making things easy, why not just put mining and hunting in virtual tycoon, so that we can just click a button on our phone and see if we killed a mob or found a claim?

I have always believed this was a mmo and should not be played as a single player game.
When I land on calypso for a couple hours and want to try something out, I pm people an ask them how to do it. When they land on Rocktropia and want to try something out, they pm me for the same.

When a creature is too hard for me to kill, I call my friends and they heal me, or shoot with me and we kill it anyways.

If it was easy, I would have quit 5yrs ago, immediately after I started.

New thought: If such a feature were to be implemented, they should also implement a punishment for slumlord landowners that can't maintain their land properly! Specifically, if the fertilizer station is empty for more than a few days, taxes should automatically drop to zero!

it's about making it easy for the players to find what they are looking for and not have to scour over entropedia for 20 minutes to find a good la.. and then you get there and notice the info is totally wrong.

once again, is that information outdated that's not mindarks problem.

Imo keep it as it is, keeps most of the lazy dumbasses out of the LA.

I rather see people who care in game than people who just want free lazy information... it is there already, put time on something else please, Mindark :)

I have been suggesting something of a mob-tracker over the years. My last post was HERE:
Ideally, We need some sort of "mob tracker" app - where players could mouseover any mob they see and the /pos and mob name/maturity is recorded immediately. This is then uploaded to Entropedia and we get a beautiful mob-map of all the lands - which auto-corrects/updates as players mouseover any mobs daily.

Ofcourse... there is that EULA thing that can be a thorn in the side of this kind of development.... perhaps some of the "approved" apps could incorporate this behavior?

Oh well... one can dream...

I also stumbled across a mob map from eons ago:

map_eudoria_old_mob.jpg

Also, I remember someone suggesting the LA's info's in the MAP having hooks into the mob DNA info. He/she also made a nice UI suggestion for the Mob DNA link via the Land Marker DNA panel. I cannot seem to find that graphic atm (can someone find that? +rep for finding that gem). VERY easy to link LA DNA info into the Map. Would take minimal effort for MA devs too!!

I guess no one remembers SIAM

Too bad no land owner ever tried to contribute and I lost the code long ago.

At the moment when you are in an LA you can see the basic information about it (owner, tax) by holding your mouse over the radar, and you can also see the custom message created by the landowner when you enter it.

It would be good to be able to access the same information via the map (or perhaps via a land area terminal but that seems like an unnecessarily unwieldy solution) but the landowner should still be responsible for updating the custom message with the appropriate information about mobs, events, etc.

Automating the process further would only encourage lazy ownership which is not good for landowners or for the planet, and most people don't know how to interpret the information currently provided at the land management terminal anyway, so displaying that wouldn't really help.

So what I want to see is, when you hold your mouse over an LA on the map (and only when you've previously visited it so that it shows on your map), you should be able to see the LA name, owners name, tax %, and a short preview of the beginning of the custom message created by the owner. You should then be able to see the whole custom message by double clicking, or right click -> LA info, something like that.

Back