Help: Importing/ Selling household goods

Alecco

Hatchling
Hi guys,

I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into Entropia, it sounds great.

What I would like to do in the game is use my own 3D models of furniture and stuff to put in my home. Is this possible? I have lots of 3DS Max models i would love to put in the game.

Also, how would i go about becoming a seller for these things? I'd really like to have my own shop in the game, buying and selling my models, and other models!

Sorry if this is a stupid question or if it's been answered elsewhere already.

Thanks in advance!

Wrong game bro.
We dont get to put items in game. Planet partners handle all that.

but you can buy all kinds of wired stuff now for your abode.

Ah! Thanks so much for the reply!

I am kind of working with a few friends who make high quality 3D models, so I might try and see if we can become a Business Partner, maybe.

Lets hope our models are good enough!

Well I'll try and make a cool house with what they've got in game.
And maybe see about owning my own store selling their stuff..

Thanks again, really appreciate it!

It would be nice to see more content available for houses/apartments. I think we are due for a housing-update soon to correct all the existing problems, so some new furniture BPs could be added then.

I haven't had a chance to try out Entropia yet. Are there homes/apartments for avatars then?
it looks like a Sci-fi adventure MMOG (anyone heard of Tabula Rasa?), and i'm not sure where homes will fit in to this, or if there will be much demand/need for such things?
I do like the homes aspect of social communities and MMO's, and i'm sure other people do also.
Do you guys think this will become a big/integral part of the Entropia experience? Just wondering if it's worth me looking into making a shop/franchise for interior decor.
And i'm wondering if i should make like a space station/planet, or have shops on various locations.
Also, last thing, do you think there will be a need/demand for normal furniture, or will it mainly be Sci-fi based styles?

Much appreciate any thoughts anyone has on this.

Thanks.

It is important to point out that this aspect of the game did not survive the transition to the current version (VU10) very well.
Since the cryengine2 was implemented everything looks really much better, but on the other hand a lot of stuff was messed up which is essential to housing and decorating.

I am very confident that this area will be taken care of sometime, but introducing the new planets is slowing MA down a lot.

Maybe you should play a week to see what EU is about and you get an idea what is possible and what is not possible.

As a player, there is currently no way you can add your own models. The best you can do is uploading pictures to screens, to have in you apartment just as paintings. Jamhot also has a tv using this kind of screen.

However, concerning furniture, you have to rely on the blueprints looted by the main furniture crafters. They are the ones who provide for it, with the exception of some that were in new oxford exposition.

Owning shops: It is expensive and time-demanding. Don't expect to own half a dozen and see it prosper. The demand is limited, and there is a rent you have to pay.

Apartments and households: the real estate market is really slow at the moment, therefore, not a lot of demand on the side of furniture, like i said above.

Wait for the new planets to arrive, and then you should invest in something there. With new worlds, there's bound to be new things.

There's some other games you should play, if you want to sell your kind of stuff. I'm not going to name any, since it's against rule 3.7, but I'm sure you'll find out about them soon.

just a matter of time...

just a matter of time before Linden Labs buys a planet - that'd be so cool!... Then we could take our opalos and go hunting avatars in that "other" virtual world.

just a matter of time before Linden Labs buys a planet - that'd be so cool!... Then we could take our opalos and go hunting avatars in that "other" virtual world.

Lol sounds fun :)

thanks alot for the messages, really helpful.
It looks like it's a bit too early in Entropia to focus on household goods/home design elements.
I will definitely keep an eye on the Universe and see how/when/if the home development market expands.

Thanks again!

Or perhaps MA buys linden labs planet, then the colonists can invade their world and kill all their colonists the same way the robots did to us :yay:

And there wouldn't be an opallo between the lot of them to defend themselves with. PVP ath's for everyone :wtg:

Back