Question: Improved mob AI "Angriness" ?

DRDoom

Elite
Society
Why So Serious
DRDoom
VU10 Improved mob AI "Angriness" ?

I did some runs on small spiders (Young - Guardian) today and yesterday.

The loot wasn't that bad; 113 ped ESI and Full TT Rutuba shoulders (Both in auction ;) ) So i'm not whining at all.

I noticed something strange since VU10 but could still be a coincidence.

For example: When I start shooting a spider provider mostly dmg I get is between 40 - 80 and sometimes bigger hit to 140.

The more HP the spider looses it seems the more bigger hits I get and less smaller hits.
When the spider's HP is is below 40% I almost never get a hit below 100 anymore, only very rare a hit of 40.
It's not an exact science and there are exceptions but I did noticed this in general. I noticed this on some Osseocollums as well.

It's not due armor decay since I see the same thing with the next one without repairing armor.

Did MA improved the AI in the mobs the more DMG they get the more angry they become thus hit harder?

Last edited:
no idea, but before VU10 at least I noticed that "the less HP a mob has, the more often it's attacks will hit (and in some cases, you will miss more often it seems)"... which is kinda annoying :silly2:

at least with mobs that are in the upper lvls of what you can handle :)

i also got the feeling something has changed. I'm not quite sure what.

For example one day i was hunting spider youngs and the occasional mature, I got hardly any crits my armour then was ghost + angel mix but did die from large hits. I decided to replace the ghost with martial and low and behold the following day I was getting a lot of crits on same mob and maturities. Then on the run after i didn't get so many crits.

So basically keeping everything constant on some runs i get large number of crits and die very often and on other runs i hardly ever die with no crits. I thought that was a bit peculiar.

I don't hunt "spiders" as of yet.

But I have notice this in many other mobs.
so i believe there is something afoot.

Yes, i've been feeling like that pre-VU10 too, mostly on regen mobs only though...
And i haven't kept records or anything, just a feeling :p

Back