Question: In all sincerity, it is harder to waste ped than you think

Ogg

Hatchling
Ogden OGG Danvers
I started the day (7th day) like all the others. Running from one shiny light to the next. Mission there, sweating there, new TP here, shiny thingy over there. Look a Berycycle! OH and what's a daily token again?

Then (about 6 hours in) I thought- hey how many people set out to intentionally waste/spend/drop/destroy/etc (with no ROI/MU), PED in the game? All I have heard in rookie chat for 6.5 days was everything about return on investment, speculation about land area dividends (and how much "we" need to invest in the loot pool), cost of decay, best economical use of guns and armor, how loot is great here and sucks over there. So I thought- hey what about someone who wants to lose PEDs? It's a rookie question for rookie chat. As a day 7 player I knew of one thing to do, drop 100 probes in the same spot. But I thought surely rookie chat could help with a more colorful way to lose money...

Two hours later (after a lot of misunderstandings of what I was really wanting to do) I had a space ship, a booster rocket thingy, and 10 ped in oil/gasoline (with no idea how to take off). 20 more minutes in rookie chat I learned space bar goes up and left alt..... i mean LEFT CNTL goes down). After begging and pleading and giving my position in chat I finally roped someone into killing me in space. My killer was very understanding and obliged when I paid to be transported to ark (they wanted to repair my ship but I refused).

I STILL own the ship and all my stuff though as I was in something called non-lootable space.

What was cool is that I had more fun today, seeing space and a new planet than I have so far in Entropia.

I guess my question is this. How should I waste my ped in the future (IF I can get back to caly or figure out ark)? So far I have lost/invested an actual value of 5 ped (50 cents american) for everything (TT value of space ship, booster/rocket thing, oil and transportation to ARK). With markup of oil and ship I might be at a 7 ped deficit total. Oh and I am now on another freeking planet. Not too shabby for 50 - 70 cents American (I think).

Oh and rookie chat- I am sorry I was a weird duckling tonight. I just thought- hey someone has to refill your loot pool after all :D No hard feelings!

wanne have fun and waste lots of peds? buy an UL piron gun and hunt something or use level 13 amps and go mining indoors

Someone needs to setup a LosePed fund with a guaranteed no-return, looks like there is a demand for that. I mean, there are plenty of opportunities to give your ped away but it's always a looming risk to suddenly get rich and have your plans ruined :cool:

Now that you are in Arkadia, time to get an amp and drop some probes in the underground. That ll make you loose peds for sure :yay:

Since your new I say buy an L90 gun and go hunting and only hunt mobs rank L3 or lower.

Someone needs to setup a LosePed fund with a guaranteed no-return, looks like there is a demand for that. I mean, there are plenty of opportunities to give your ped away but it's always a looming risk to suddenly get rich and have your plans ruined :cool:

Sounds like a good plan... Takes away all the risk of an unexpected ATH....

well I see they're are a lot of nice little sarcastic posts in here on how to lose peds easily :)

In actuality the game is not as bad as it would seem on the forums. I would say as of late the cheating has been ramped up. but for the most part its what you make of it. most of what you read on here is just a lot of people crying, some is warranted, the other 90% is just that, Crying!

I would suggest talking to some ppl outside of rookie chat, and set yourself a goal and a budget. there's plenty of fun to be had if you stick to those things.

GL out there :)

go hunt high feffox (or any other high regen mob) with a barbarella. The mobs regen would actualy be higher then your dps :D

well I see they're are a lot of nice little sarcastic posts in here on how to lose peds easily :)

In actuality the game is not as bad as it would seem on the forums. I would say as of late the cheating has been ramped up. but for the most part its what you make of it. most of what you read on here is just a lot of people crying, some is warranted, the other 90% is just that, Crying!

I would suggest talking to some ppl outside of rookie chat, and set yourself a goal and a budget. there's plenty of fun to be had if you stick to those things.

GL out there :)
Sounds likes he's having a blast off 7 ped though.

Buy an Arkadian Mini Key 1
Go to Aakas tp
Grab a tt gun and a bit of ammo
Enter the cave
Give your key to the NPC in there (can't remember which one, if it's not obvious then ask around) - you want to be doing the solo instance not the team.
Enter the instance, have a fun new experiance, and lose a few ped (but not too much)

remember your post here, assuming you are one of the very few that stick around more than a few months. When the shit hits the fan and you are down to your last few ped - re-read your post and you will say "WTF was i thinking"

Basically its not to bad when new even to level 20 or 30 you can get lucky and play for free almost with some effort maybe even build a half way decent noob hunting war chest, but the longer you play the more likely you will lose more and more $.

Or cheat - MA loves cheaters and will reward you.

You didn't lose as much as you think. The spaceship pilot skills you got from being blasted in space at have insane markup.
I think you need to try harder. I can sell you Animal oil residue for 250%. That will lose you a lot of money, and I guarantee the experience will be a blast!

try crafting or mining xD On hunting it indeed is very hard to loose ped, simply because it has pretty low volatility...

cute, i had that on crafting in 3 days xD Still waiting for the big hof to make up for all the 60-80% TT-return runs in those 3 days...
Well i just considered what you wrote about hunting, i bet it's equally shit mining, hunting or crafting.

The withdraw button is always the quickest way to lower your ped card balance.

Back