Increase auto-loot ranges.

~ Cirrus ~

Prowler
My pet is level19, and finally unlocked the 5m buff auto-loot, only to realise that it's useless.

When you see "5m range" on the item,
you logically think that all mobs that do melee will be lootted, since a melee attack implies being physically touched (most often with hands or teeth).

First of all, some melee weapons have a range higher than 5m.
I killed some small mobs that I would kill in 1 or 2 hit whith a 6m range sword.
None of them were looted by the buff.
Yeah I know, 6 is bigger than 5.
But I think it's pretty crazy that an auto-loot buff could have a shorter range than the mellee weapons... (actually I didn't realize some melee weapons have range more than 5m)

Secondly, and more importantly, I think the range of most mobs in close combat is 5m, so it's the exact limit of the buff.
Then it happens quite often that some mobs that are supposed to attack at the shortest possible range, get blocked by others (when you have several mobs on you), so the auto-loot doesn't work.

This happens often enough to make the buff useless.
If some mob will not be looted because they are at 5 and a half meters away when it dies, then we have to constantly make sure that each mob is looted properly.
But the purpose of this buff is, NOT having to worry about loot action, which is exactly the opposite of what I have to do with a 5m buff.
When using auto-loot buff, we want to set auto-fire, and just keep hitting "next target" whithout having to check each mob to be sure it's looted...

Also, buff pets cost much more than pills.
(The uselessness of pets, due to costs of buff which can almost all be acquired otherwise for less money, is a more general problem).

So please MA, consider increasing the minimum range of auto-loot buff to 10m (at least).

And at the same time you can multiply every different auto-loot buff by 2.
TT pills 50m, Adj 70m.

It's already very questionable that we have to pay just for not having to loot each mob manually, so please make sure it's really efficient.

Anyway I think it would be good for everyone, including you.
I guess it's better when the players spend their time killing mobs, rather than running between each carcass to loot them.

Thx.

Last edited:
Here you go lol:

halloween-ring-2020.jpg

I don’t see the issue. Just run closer to loot or get better item with autoloot.

I'm going to pretend that this comment is objective.. ;)

If I have to get closer each time, or even check that each mob is looted properly, what is the point of this buff ?
What's the difference between clicking to loot, or moving to loot ?

If an auto-loot buff can't loot ALL the mobs that are supposed to attack as close as possible, then what's the point ?

And of course yes, I will switch back to TT pills, which are half as expensive and 5 times more effective.
But I just think it's stupid.

I suspect it is this way by design.

I suspect it is this way by design.

Probably yes.

I think MA thought that considering the close-fighting mobs are supposed to come within 5m of the avatar for the attack, so the minimum range of the buff could be 5m.

But there is a certain margin in the mob's attack range.
And I think MA didn't take this margin into account when they set this minimum range.

Even the mobs that are supposed to approach at most 5m from the avatar, can still hit us from a little further away.
So it can happen what I explained in the OP.

I’m sure they were aware of what they were doing. Otherwise they would of made the buff 6m.

just decrease the range of the autloot pills you can get from the trade terminal. ;) More serious note - next time look at the buff info screens before you train the pet up.

More serious note - next time look at the buff info screens before you train the pet up.

This is the serious note ?.. ;)

On a more serious note, did you know that Close-combat mob's range is 5m ?
I didn't know before I use a 5m range auto-loot buff, that's how I noticed.

I want to be able to shot and loot mobs on other planets with the buff

All I ask is that minimum auto-loot buff can work on any mob that do melee attacks, so suposed to be very close to my avatar.

But good luck with your request... ?

yeh is have to agree 6m woulda have at least worked 5m is kinda useless even for melee unless u have a 3m weap

When you see "5m range" on the item,
you logically think that all mobs that do melee will be lootted, since a melee attack implies being physically touched (most often with hands or teeth). :whistle:

So please make sure this happens.

Quite annoying when features that should be basic features always have to be created in a way that it doesn't do
enough in what ever action it do.

They could solve it with EUs latest trend and let us combine several pets to become adjusted, improved, modified,
augmented and perfected ones (with maybe other names on each step though) to increase range.
Other buffs could also be changed if it is possible and suitable.

didn't read entire thread....

But as it is now it is a BUG that autoloot range does not stack, it shows in buff as stacking, example, 5m on pet and 30m on pill shows 35m but in fact does NOT autoloot unless under 30m!!!

Did support case on this bug many years ago, and no fix yet.

didn't read entire thread....

But as it is now it is a BUG that autoloot range does not stack, it shows in buff as stacking, example, 5m on pet and 30m on pill shows 35m but in fact does NOT autoloot unless under 30m!!!

Did support case on this bug many years ago, and no fix yet.
Is it still not fixed? Or does Autoloot stack now?

Apart ironic posts (Geo you cannot be serious)
i levelled an asclarias and i saw that different mosnter can or can not be autolooted with it depending on their "collision point".
that is bad programming and 100% need a fix. if i melee a monster i expect to be in range to loot without moving.

it is not a range extension but fills the gap toward the "collision point for autoloot" of the pet.

being forced to loot the monster anyway with movement makes the "TAX" to use apet (nutrio cost) a total waste

Is it still not fixed? Or does Autoloot stack now?
Autoloot still doesn't stack.
My support cases about it got ignored and closed.
As if they would touch a sore spot.

It’s probably too late now to change it, but auto loot should of simply been: You kill a mob = you get its loot. None of this minimum range business.
and actually make it loot instantly, not with the current lag. Because you can’t target through a corpse to the next mob, meaning your avatar lags it’s next shot until the auto loot removes it. Not a huge deal, it’s only a fraction of a second, but times that by 50k loot events and we have a problem.

Maybe off-topic, but I like the idea of auto loot stacking if it means getting x times the loot instead of just 1 x loot.

Maybe off-topic, but I like the idea of auto loot stacking if it means getting x times the loot instead of just 1 x loot.
Perfected Lootpill, double your loots for 60 seconds, 500m , 50ped a pill

Get rdi back pack improved.

Back