Increasing Sweat Prices

"Free oil at Oil Rig? Get serious, only the uber players get that oil."
Daniel Leprechaun (sp)....He's not uber but he gets oil there :D (He gives hope to the rest of us).

I don't like the idea of a penalty for dying though....
Personally I buy sweat from disciples at higher than market value to help them, but I can't say I'd like to be paying more, especially when I'm using most of it healing the disciples while they sweat :(

Something does need to be done though....But I think it's up to the players to do it.

Drooe is a great mate of mine. He non-stop takes new people from our society to help them sweat. He takes his personal time which he could be doing whatever to help. Even new people from god knows where, some random who seems they need help, he helps. Drooe has the balls to step up and put a word out for all the new people.

"It's really, REALLY easy to get peds. Just type in your Visa or Mastercard number at the appropriate place on EU homepage and you get as much peds as you want."

Sure, go ahead. Put your money in. Nobody is arguing that point, but what about new people who are uncertain? Ever thought about someone that possibly CANT deposit. Start thinking about others, not only yourselves.

Wistrel, I like the fact that your the first to stick up for Drooe, but between you and me, he is a seasoned player, and his skills from the amount he has put in is incredible. I've been playing a tad less than he has, but I still look up to him as my idol. He is almost matching other, higher skilled players who have put in twice as much as he has, and have played longer than he.

Wollongong, your a champ for actually giving it some thought rather than critiquing when they see the title.

Az Bloodz/Ancient, if you lower the sweat of brown sweat then there can be more people sweating so it'll be better, they get more exposure to what the game could be like, and when they start getting varieties, it could become more intriguing to them, and as they stay in game (rather than quitting), the uncertainty of them depositing decreases. Therefore, the lootpool PED amount goes up.

Solax, you want to deposit, go right ahead. Noones stopping you. You want to sweat, do that too. Nothing and noone can tell you what you can/cant do. You might build some MF skills that could help, you could get some evade, or if you got your HP to levels new people dont, try electric mobs. Get your dodge.

Drooe, keep the help going, your doing a stand up job. Nice post, +rep for sure. Hopefully all of you who deposit spare a thought for the non-depositors and actually give them a hand like Drooe does in his time. Great work mate!
What you fail to see is that the money has to come from somewhere.. And the money is coming from us who do DEPOSIT. This isn´t a free game and it´s not supposed to be easy to play it free or MA won´t make any money.

Speaking in general here:

If you are under 18 you´re not supposed to be in here.

If you can´t deposit and find sweating for pecs boring, then maybe the game isn´t for you.

If you can´t support yourself with the money to spend then maybe the game isn´t for you.

In short: This game is costing us depositors alot already and the sweat is free so why increase the sweat prices.

When my father used to play he tried to make the noobs sell for 1.0 at Neas.. he didn't suceed (as u clearly can see) so who on earth says that this should work? Oh and btw, can't your mentor right a thread on his own? All your 3-4 threads starts exactly the same... enoying..

So for u out there that approve that the sweat price should be increased, well, either way u learn to live with it or use the VISA, simple :)

What you fail to see is that the money has to come from somewhere.. And the money is coming from us who do DEPOSIT. This isn´t a free game and it´s not supposed to be easy to play it free or MA won´t make any money.

Speaking in general here:

If you are under 18 you´re not supposed to be in here.

If you can´t deposit and find sweating for pecs boring, then maybe the game isn´t for you.

If you can´t support yourself with the money to spend then maybe the game isn´t for you.

In short: This game is costing us depositors alot already and the sweat is free so why increase the sweat prices.

I understand where your coming from, as I do deposit. I wont say I sweat for a living, the stuff bores me at times when I do it alone. Thats why I swunt. Increases the fun. Also, team swunting is fun :) But, the point I want to make is, how can we increase the actual numbers of people joining... Literally speaking, introduce someone to the game, show them the possibilities, and if they like it, you have a depositer. That puts into that "loot pool". They don't like it, they haven't wasted any time with the virtual universe.

There is no way you can expect a new person to go, "hey, i like what i see from about 10 minutes here, im going to deposit". If they are shown the possibilities, then they can make their decisions on that.

I understand everyone about depositing, but (hopefully) we aren't all depositing to hopefully become the leader and ruler of Calypso. We are a community, and as such, communities help each other.

Im not going to change my POV. I agree with Drooe on this. He has made a fair statement, and people bludgening him from the get go is just shameful. He tries to help others, and whats he get? An attack on him, and his attempts.

I used to sell sweat for 2 pec/bottle, you want that ?
Ok, but the max number of bottles will be also back to 4 again as well as the sweatcap..... ready for the next complaints.

But maybe get a job instead of working in a sweatfarm for 500 bottles * 0.5 pec = 2.50 ped = $ 0.25 an hour.
A real job will get you like 100 times more an hour.

That is what I have been telling my disciples....But then again I am a hypocryte since I have never deposited...

When my father used to play he tried to make the noobs sell for 1.0 at Neas.. he didn't suceed (as u clearly can see) so who on earth says that this should work? Oh and btw, can't your mentor right a thread on his own? All your 3-4 threads starts exactly the same... enoying..

So for u out there that approve that the sweat price should be increased, well, either way u learn to live with it or use the VISA, simple :)

But what did your father do? He TRIED FOR THE NEW PEOPLE. Whats Drooe trying? The same. Except, he's trying to get a base to start from, not just chucking "dont sell your sweat below 1.0pec per bottle" into global chat. Did your father buy the sweat? Drooe buys sweat from new people at rates well above the average rate from new people, so they can get something back from it. I dont even classify spamming "dont sell your sweat below 1.0pec per bottle" as trying. Thats going on in PA, and when you go to sell to them at the price they saying NOT to sell it at, what do you get? "Im buying at .5/bottle".

Pathetic. Stick to what you believe in, ai? If you make a comment, stick to it!

interesting...

I like the color idea. No changes in a long time for mind force stuff.

But seriously... Ever heard the term, you catch more flys with honey than vinegar?

Not sure the sweat price increase would work though since all of us can sweat. Maybe make brown sweat one that only the new people can get? When you get above a certain point in skills you progress up to the colored ones until you reach another level at which you unlock these. Then you reach a Master level where you can try for any color by selecting the one you are trying for...

Think about it... The more people we can bring into the game and KEEP them there long enough to get them to deposit? More peds in game means bigger loot pool maybe?

So give the guy a break, he has some good ideas which may need to be refined before they can be used. I think they are good ideas.

I remember when I first started. I quit because it seemed to hard to get money to buy armor, weapons and such. Then about a year or so later I started back. Only then did I HAVE a visa card and considered deposit. So...
Keep them interested, keep them in the game, keep them in long enought to get them hooked on playing and THEN they will see better ways of hunting, mining, manufacturing and trading. THEN they WILL deposit like I did.

So I can see the idea working if MA will refine it some.

There is no way you can expect a new person to go, "hey, i like what i see from about 10 minutes here, im going to deposit". If they are shown the possibilities, then they can make their decisions on that.

Yes, that is the problem....When they ask me "will I profit hunting?" I have to tell them "not without investing a large amount of cash". Then they ask "will I profit mining?" and I tell them "without investing a large amount of cash, most likely not". Then they ask "so I profit crafting??" and I must tell them again "not until you invest a large amount of cash". They log off never to be seen again....

Yes, that is the problem....When they ask me "will I profit hunting?" I have to tell them "not without investing a large amount of cash". Then they ask "will I profit mining?" and I tell them "without investing a large amount of cash, most likely not". Then they ask "so I profit crafting??" and I must tell them again "not until you invest a large amount of cash". They log off never to be seen again....

Good point. I hate when I get asked this by my disciples, and when I have to reply, the only way to get money without depositing is to sweat. When they ask if they can afford a gun and some ammo after their first few attempts, i hate the thought of saying no. I take whatever they have (usually around 70-100) bottles, and fit them out with an opalo and 1k ammo. Then tell them the principles of swunting. Then, low and behold, I have disciples who keep returning and they dont say, do you want to go hunting... Only ever, swunting. If I can imply these on them to make their stay more pleasurable, Im pleased I've helped someone enjoy EU.

I usually go on sweats with them, and give them whatever sweat I get, just so they can feel as though they've had some impact. There is nothing more pleasing than to hear a new person say "This game is awesome".

Then why can people go to the store and buy a game for $30-50? Deposit the amount of money a "normal" game would cost and see if you like it better.

Drooe is a great mate of mine. He non-stop takes new people from our society to help them sweat. He takes his personal time which he could be doing whatever to help. Even new people from god knows where, some random who seems they need help, he helps. Drooe has the balls to step up and put a word out for all the new people.

I don't have a problem problem with people posting ideas and suggestions. BUT! When it come to sweat price increase posts the qouta have been filled for the next 200 years or so. If you took time to read the forum and searched for similar topics before posting everyone would know that.

And you say I should think about other than myself. Who would benefit from an increased sweatprice? In the long run? Who is paying for the sweat? What benefit to the whole community would come from a higher sweat price? Nothing at all. Long time, depositing players that uses me would use it a lot less and therefor immidiatly lower the price again. Asking for an increased sweat price is like going to the boardroom at a company which I hold shares and say: "Hey, I think my shares should be worth more, can't you rise the value a little?"

So please, spare me your rightfulness and think one step further yourself.

Last edited:
Then why can people go to the store and buy a game for $30-50? Deposit the amount of money a "normal" game would cost and see if you like it better.

I don't have a problem problem with people posting ideas and suggestions. BUT! When it come to sweat price increase posts the qouta have been filled for the next 200 years or so. If you took time to read the forum and searched for similar topics before posting everyone would know that.

And you say I should think about other than myself. Who would benefit from an increased sweatprice? In the long run? Who is paying for the sweat? What benefit to the whole community would come from a higher sweat price? Nothing at all. Long time, depositing players that uses me would use it a lot less and therefor immidiatly lower the price again. Asking for an increased sweat price is like going to the boardroom at a company which I hold shares and say: "Hey, I think my shares should be worth more, can't you rise the value a little?"

So please, spare me your rightfulness and think one step further yourself.

Sigh. What do you do when you buy a game? You dont just pick a random off the shelf and pay for it. You look at the screenshot pics, you read about it. Thats what the basics are when you play EU. Your "looking" at what it has to offer!

Asking for an increased sweat price.. New people dont go sweat and mine for FN, do they? People who use ME can pay less for FN, and raise the bar for Sweat! Thats one step ahead. Noone specifically goes mining for FN just to sell at 140%, but sweaters specifically sweat to sell at a decent price! If you do go for FN and only that, then fine, be my guest. But if your getting 110% for FN, and paying .90 per bottle of sweat, that gives ME resellers same numbers, but new people get a decent return!!

Good point. I hate when I get asked this by my disciples, and when I have to reply, the only way to get money without depositing is to sweat. When they ask if they can afford a gun and some ammo after their first few attempts, i hate the thought of saying no. I take whatever they have (usually around 70-100) bottles, and fit them out with an opalo and 1k ammo. Then tell them the principles of swunting. Then, low and behold, I have disciples who keep returning and they dont say, do you want to go hunting... Only ever, swunting. If I can imply these on them to make their stay more pleasurable, Im pleased I've helped someone enjoy EU.

I usually go on sweats with them, and give them whatever sweat I get, just so they can feel as though they've had some impact. There is nothing more pleasing than to hear a new person say "This game is awesome".

I would return too if you kept giving out weapons and ammo for a few bottles of sweat. :laugh:

Helping noobs by showing them how EU works is all fine and dandy, and you should be commended for it, but it has nothing to do with the price of sweat.

You can sweat as much as you want these days, with no sweat cap. It is boring, but it is also free. Sweating does not define EU, it is a way for someone to get their foot in the door without depositing. It takes a bit longer than typing in your CC number, but it is free.

Maybe there should be a madatory one-time $10 fee to try EU, that would stop the non-depositors and they could try a bit of hunting right from the start...

...and sweat should be free!

..actually I like it the way it is now. If I need sweat I will collect it myself.

Cheers :beerchug:

Sigh. What do you do when you buy a game? You dont just pick a random off the shelf and pay for it. You look at the screenshot pics, you read about it. Thats what the basics are when you play EU. Your "looking" at what it has to offer!

Asking for an increased sweat price.. New people dont go sweat and mine for FN, do they? People who use ME can pay less for FN, and raise the bar for Sweat! Thats one step ahead. Noone specifically goes mining for FN just to sell at 140%, but sweaters specifically sweat to sell at a decent price! If you do go for FN and only that, then fine, be my guest. But if your getting 110% for FN, and paying .90 per bottle of sweat, that gives ME resellers same numbers, but new people get a decent return!!

..or you can try it for a short time for free before you buy it. How many games do you know that will let you actually make money during the trial period if at all?

...and yes, even the few PEC you get from sweating is real money.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is FN? In swedish it's an abbrevation for the United Nations, but I don't really fit that in here.

Force Nexus.

Haha, caught your Nooby moment Sodi before you edited your post :D

Excuse my ignorance, but what is FN? In swedish it's an abbrevation for the United Nations, but I don't really fit that in here.

Force Nexus, used with Sweat to make Mind Essence...

What I'm saying is that everyone have a choice. If they chose the hard way, don't whine about it being hard.

It's not free to find Force Nexus...

Seems like more did:p

1. Look here my friend :D : www.entropiauniverse.com ;) Loads of screenshots, and I'm pretty sure you find a few hundreds sides of information there about Entropia :) so why would you go buy a game for 20-30$, but not deposit 10$ in Entropia, which is a "free game", you download it and play :) you want to make it absolutely free? Ok, go do some sweating, gather some fruit, find some dung or stones :) but do you know what? People "investing" hundreds of $'s in the game, and have to use loads of they're hard earned peds, have to use it on expensive ME, so tha the newcommers who want's to earn free peds and money, from a game they can learn a lot about without sweating, in fact, they can learn much more about Entropia than they can learn from mostly any other game they will ever buy :)
NO WAY! :rolleyes: let the ones who actually have used a lot of money on Entropia get they're returns in fun and reasonable prices :) They've earned it! ;)

And I'm sure I can say this for every miner on Entropia, FN is not free to mine :) and if they found FN equivalent to the peds they've used on mining it, so they would get they're return in pure tt value, then it wouldn't be a markup on FN, the reason for the markup is that it actually cost more peds to mine FN than they get back in tt value ;)

Regards from an old Entropian :)

Sorry for off topic: I think I'll have to decrease my use of smilies.. hehe..

What I'm saying is that everyone have a choice. If they chose the hard way, don't whine about it being hard.

It's not free to find Force Nexus...

I agree with your point, there are those who will choose the hard way and ONLY ever sweat. And they'll be complaining. There are those inevitable misfits who just complain that they don't have enough, because in their world, they deserve everything + much more.

I realise that its not free, but look at pilots and their need for oil. Oil prices have thus fallen. Now, your lucky to get 110% for oil. I remember when I was getting 110% easy, when I was an ME dealer @ the rig. If FN drops in price, then sweat prices can increase to match the current going prices. If you pay 110ped for FN, and 90ped for sweat, and sell ME @ 210%, your getting the same amount back if you paid 140ped for FN, and 60ped for sweat. Its an inverse economical relationship that in turn delivers help to many people.

I do not want to seem as though I am placing any anger on you, and sorry if I have been a bit too harsh. My sincerest apologies. But its just something that really gets to me when all I hear is the people ranting on how not to sell below this, yet they are such hypocrites and dont buy at the rate they suggest.

@ Jackfree, I only give them the 1k ammo and gun, thats it. They provide for themselves after. Thats whats great! They sweat till the mobs dry, then kill it. They make their own profits, and pay for themselves! They sustain their own way of life in this game, its just that i give them a helping hand to start :)

1. Look here my friend :D : www.entropiauniverse.com ;) Loads of screenshots, and I'm pretty sure you find a few hundreds sides of information there about Entropia :) so why would you go buy a game for 20-30$, but not deposit 10$ in Entropia, which is a "free game", you download it and play :) you want to make it absolutely free? Ok, go do some sweating, gather some fruit, find some dung or stones :) but do you know what? People "investing" hundreds of $'s in the game, and have to use loads of they're hard earned peds, have to use it on expensive ME, so tha the newcommers who want's to earn free peds and money, from a game they can learn a lot about without sweating, in fact, they can learn much more about Entropia than they can learn from mostly any other game they will ever buy :)
NO WAY! :rolleyes: let the ones who actually have used a lot of money on Entropia get they're returns in fun and reasonable prices :) They've earned it! ;)

And I'm sure I can say this for every miner on Entropia, FN is not free to mine :) and if they found FN equivalent to the peds they've used on mining it, so they would get they're return in pure tt value, then it wouldn't be a markup on FN, the reason for the markup is that it actually cost more peds to mine FN than they get back in tt value ;)

Regards from an old Entropian :)

Sorry for off topic: I think I'll have to decrease my use of smilies.. hehe..

Ooh, Im sorry ive made it sound as though its free to mine FN :O Didnt mean it to sound like that. Ive just thought (from personal experience) that FN is quite easy to find. Must be mistaken and such..Apologies once again to all!

Yes, depositors should get what they paid for..thats the whole point of a product.. but, as the saying goes, "the rich get richer, whilst the poor get poorer". Ive been somewhat active in EU, and whenever Im on a hunt/mine, i always see the same names, time and time again. I wont say, Ive globalled many a time, and hoffed 2 times, so i think its been fair to me. However, there are the newcomers, who may deposit 10$, and they use that. Sure, they'll get about 20-30% back in skill gain, but what about the rest? It goes into the lootpool for the forever-globallers to get again. No offence to them, they deserve it by the means they get it! But, they just keep getting them. Why not split it a bit more evenly? entice new people? give them chances to thrive?

Again, sorry if i made it seem i thought mining was "free"..i know its not, must have worded it wrong.

If FN drops in price, then sweat prices can increase to match the current going prices. If you pay 110ped for FN, and 90ped for sweat, and sell ME @ 210%, your getting the same amount back if you paid 140ped for FN, and 60ped for sweat. Its an inverse economical relationship that in turn delivers help to many people.

Problem is, it gives help to many people who are depositing little or nothing. Those people are a business liability for MA. If you aren't depositing, MA is spending processor time, bandwidth, storage space, &c. on you and getting nothing in return. They aren't in this to make sure non-depositors have fun, they are in it to make money.

And dropping the price of FN cuts into the profits (and thus incentive to keep playing) of people who are probably depositing at least now and then.

From a business perspective, it makes sense for sweating to be as boring and low-profit as MA can possibly make it while still hanging on to new players long enough for them to see how much fun everybody else is having. Hopefully, they realize it will take forever to make money sweating and start depositing, and MA profits.

And when MA profits, we still have a game to play.

Problem is, it gives help to many people who are depositing little or nothing. Those people are a business liability for MA. If you aren't depositing, MA is spending processor time, bandwidth, storage space, &c. on you and getting nothing in return. They aren't in this to make sure non-depositors have fun, they are in it to make money.

Actually....If you hunt, mine, or craft at ALL then you are giving MA ped whether you deposit or not. I never have deposited, and am currently a hair stylist. I probably give more ped to MA than most depositors (because there is NO returns from MA on hair styling, only from players, then all decays and gels/sprays/coloring sets used are pure profit for MA).

MindArk profits off of everybody regardless of where the people are earning their peds.

Because most people see the ads on TV or hear from friends about these $30-$50 games and hear that they are FUN. MindArk has no quests, a crap storyline, very few events that everybody can participate in (and the few that can, the ubers are catered anyways), and very few fun-oriented games. The MMO I played before had many fun-oriented games; capture the flag, staked PvP (you bet on yourself in a PvP fight where both player agree on rules), and many others. Point is, other games are fun. The RCE factor makes this "game" too business oriented and nobody can concentrate on just having fun.

nobody can concentrate on just having fun.
I strongly disagree. But you have to lay aside the idea that you are there to make money.

MindArk profits off of everybody regardless of where the people are earning their peds.

I can see what you are getting at, but it seems to me that you are only operating as a middle-man. Functionally, a depositor is handing you money, and you are handing it to MA. The transaction would function equally well in your absence.

I remember when I was getting 110% easy, when I was an ME dealer @ the rig. If FN drops in price, then sweat prices can increase to match the current going prices. If you pay 110ped for FN, and 90ped for sweat, and sell ME @ 210%, your getting the same amount back if you paid 140ped for FN, and 60ped for sweat. Its an inverse economical relationship that in turn delivers help to many people.
You really have a point here, but as we all know, there's just a few, ver very few people in Entropia that actually is making profit on mining.. Most people who mine FN is losing peds right?. So.. What do you think is the "right upon the community"? Higher prices on sweat, so more non-depositers can drain money from the loot pool, and even some of them might live as non-depositers through they're time in Entropia? (someone is actually doing that ;) and credits for they're endurance to actually do that, it must have been a great effort)
Or is it better to pay more for the FN so that all the miners can get a little less loss on they're ped cards? :)

Ooh, Im sorry ive made it sound as though its free to mine FN :O Didnt mean it to sound like that. Ive just thought (from personal experience) that FN is quite easy to find. Must be mistaken and such..Apologies once again to all!

Yes, depositors should get what they paid for..thats the whole point of a product.. but, as the saying goes, "the rich get richer, whilst the poor get poorer". Ive been somewhat active in EU, and whenever Im on a hunt/mine, i always see the same names, time and time again. I wont say, Ive globalled many a time, and hoffed 2 times, so i think its been fair to me. However, there are the newcomers, who may deposit 10$, and they use that. Sure, they'll get about 20-30% back in skill gain, but what about the rest? It goes into the lootpool for the forever-globallers to get again. No offence to them, they deserve it by the means they get it! But, they just keep getting them. Why not split it a bit more evenly? entice new people? give them chances to thrive?

Again, sorry if i made it seem i thought mining was "free"..i know its not, must have worded it wrong.

I know that you didn't think that mining is free, but the fact is, just as I said, most of the miners don't profit at all!.. They just keeping losing peds, only a ver very few amount of players actually profit on anything in Entropia.. (There are made 700k accounts or something, how many of them is actually making a profit? ;) )

Yes, there are a ver few players that keep globaling, globaling, hofing, making ATH's and yes, some of them have a regular income in Entropia (as many calls them; Ubers).. Well, do you think theese are players who logged on to Entropia, gathered some sweat, got some help, got some mining equipment and made themself a fortune?.. The answer is: "No!".. sorry.. Theese are mostly players who have used thousands of hours ingame, and been ten times more dedicated than the non-depositers.. Theese are players who really deserves getting some peds back.. I also think theese are players who have used thousands of $'s too, so even if you see them globalling on every click they do on a crafting machine, they might still not have a profit.. :( and well, if you think of crafters etc that makes a global every second click on his machine, well.. You do realise that some things cost several hundreds of peds for just one click? :rolleyes: :(

Last edited:
I strongly disagree. But you have to lay aside the idea that you are there to make money.

Hunting big mobs, getting large finds, PKing people with better guns/armor/skills than you, etc. is fun. But that kind of fun costs a hell of a LOT more than these $30-$50 games. I am not trying to profit, I am simply trying to play on the same budget I played my last MMO on. I farmed gold and sold it to pay for my membership, so it costed me nothing to play for fun. I do the same here.

I can see what you are getting at, but it seems to me that you are only operating as a middle-man. Functionally, a depositor is handing you money, and you are handing it to MA. The transaction would function equally well in your absence.

In my absence it would be done by somebody else, who would also act as the "middle man". Now suppose I was the ONLY one doing beauty in EU, and I simply stopped and NOBODY was doing beauty. There would be thousands of peds being saved because nobody would be doing their avatar beauty.
Point is, perhaps I may act as a "middle man", but every person who plays speeds up the process of MindArk making profit.
According to Marco, decays feed into MindArk profit, and ammo/bombs/probes feed back into the loot pool (I am not saying this is fact, simply saying that is what Marco said). If that is true, then everybody who decays anything would be feeding into MindArk's profit, or at least speeding it up, whether they deposit or not.

According to Marco, decays feed into MindArk profit, and ammo/bombs/probes feed back into the loot pool (I am not saying this is fact, simply saying that is what Marco said). If that is true, then everybody who decays anything would be feeding into MindArk's profit, or at least speeding it up, whether they deposit or not.

Of course, because none of theese newcommers withdraw the 10 peds they've got from selling they're free sweat :) but! yet again, theese 10 peds are taken away from the loot pool ;)

Back