Information on VU 15.8.5

It's on MAs side, past 5 years EU is the only game that has problems with connection.
Sure on rare cases it might be on users side, but it's fun to drop the blame always on playerbase.
That's when it comes to EU ofc, it's the only game i experience constant lags, fails and such with 30ms ping.

Wonder if this VU helps at all on gfx and such, runs same on maxed settings with GTX660 and GTX970, 100+ fps easily while streaming, if you only have mobs around you.
After you find 5+ ppl to your radar, fps drops like stone in water.

So only you and Das have problem . Thats happend when you talk whit Manique all day long...

So only you and Das have problem . Thats happend when you talk whit Manique all day long...

Damn even when i dont post in some places you got to summon me

Are you part of the scammer ring or entropy cockhold division or something?
I just find interesting and amusing you take a personal interest on me when i know basicly nothing of you, dont think we even met, or maybe we did if you used some alt

Already told you, got some problems PM me, i dont have habit of ignoring PM's, even if who pm's me are people like you

about the problem
Yea whoever declines having failed messages here and there, is not only lying to us, but lying to himself.
Servers are not great, just wait for events and you will experience chat lags and failed messages.

I got good connection with low pings across Europe, only EU ever brought me such problems

What Elayne said about performance is completly true.
Any game atm i play on max or nearly max settings, no problem whatsoever to pull 60 steady fps at 1080p.

EU I run at 1600x900 (Because we dont have full screen windowed mode)
I get 60, if there's few people on radar.
As soon as someone gets on the edge of radar, you get those tiny lag spikes, if there's 3-5 more ppl, you will start to rubber band, rig being a good example

You'd prolly know a bit more about it right dobrinocb? If you did more than sit around and jerk off trying to act like you actually play the game or even care about the game right?
But prolly for you, most your activity lays on PCF

Last edited:
You shouldn't have the switch between the modem and the pc, just use a standard ethernet cable it will need to be setup using a pppoe connection as the modem needs the username and password for it to work, it will also cut everything else off from the internet connection as your machine will have the only access.

At the moment the Router is doing the PPPOE sign in and acting as a nat server to allow other devices access.

I am not quite clear on what you wrote here, are you suggesting:

ISP --cable--> Cable Modem --cat5--> PC ?

I'm pretty sure I have tried this before and I didn't need to set up any pppoe, it just worked, I was able to get on the internet. And that would be ok if it resolved the fails, but it would be a pain since I wouldn't be able to do anything else while I was gaming, and I would have to physically be moving cables all the time between the time I am gaming or not.

Also, (and I am working with a bad memory here so bear with me) I was under the impression that it was not a good thing to have my pc connected directly to the internet for security reasons. Correct? If so, what to do about that?

I really don't understand the connection issues...

I have Sky Fibre (UK), 40mbs, run over Wifi to a ultrabook (doesn't even have a cat5 port) and I never see any issues.

I also live in a stone cottage with 1/2 meter thick walls and still don't see issues when I'm outside the house or in a bedroom even considering the thick insulation provided by the walls.

No failed, no lag..?

Wow where did that come from dobri? I speak with Paulo too and I haven't taken any damage cuz of that :p

I have 'only' 20 mbs connection and no failed messages. I used to get them (when speed was half of my current) but even then I rarely got them, but when i did, it went on for hours.

I have Sky Fibre (UK), 40mbs, run over Wifi to a ultrabook (doesn't even have a cat5 port) and I never see any issues.

I also live in a stone cottage with 1/2 meter thick walls and still don't see issues when I'm outside the house or in a bedroom even considering the thick insulation provided by the walls.

No failed, no lag..?

Consider yourself lucky then.

I have 30 mbps, and I have had my ISP physically check all the connections from the pole to my cable modem and they repeatably say there is nothing wrong on their side. I don't know who to believe at this point and I don't have the tech savvy or tools to investigate it on my own. I know that it is intermittent, and that Friday nights and the weekends the fails are really bad, which leads me to believe that those are peak times when a lot of people might be online, which leads me to think its some issue on my ISP side related to that. The fails are intermittent, and come at different times in batches. Sometimes I can stream video on my other pc while I am gaming and the game runs fine, other times I want to beat the hell out of everything with an aluminum baseball bat, aluminum just so I can hear that sweet "ping" as I destroy everything.

No failed, no lag..?

This is because you have a great setup. But most of the time when I find people having big lag/fail issues they either have a very slow internet connection and/or most of the time they are using Wifi. Cheaper Wifi has a lot of connection issues and needs rebooting a lot (unplugged and through against a wall a few times a day). I myself using direct connect on my PC with full graphics and streaming with my other PC actively being idle, I really have no issues with lag with only a few fails a week.

Have seen countless times how my friend's avatar suddenly stops in the middle of the hunt, sometimes starts moving again after 20-30 sec, sometimes drops out and has to log in again... and I have nothing, no lag no problems whatsoever.
His connection speed is almost 5 times higher than mine.

2 avas, exactly the same conditions, completely different experience. So what's happening? No need to be an expert, use common sense.

Yes, you can play over wifi outside a house with thick stone walls, provided u use high quality modems and routers instead this noname cheap Chinese crap everyone tries to sell you by default. It also helps to have a decent ISP in your area. Regretfully not everyone has this luxury.

This sounds suspiciously like one of those break-everything-till-the-next-patch updates :D

It's just graphics, surely they couldn't screw that up... :scared:

Maybe someone could create a before/after log to compare. I would but my screen capture shows a black screen , which is the same before/after.

Appreciate the pre-notification, however when I used to play on Win XP with 4gb (less usable) memory newer areas (such as the Calypos Islands) I found used to cause memory crashes.

For those of us with relatively modern pc's this update will make Very High setting look even better, but for those using laptops with on-board graphics adapters or older OS than Win7, there could be problems in store tomorrow.

Fingers crossed, thats one hell of a download :)

I'm actually a little bit excited about this update. I play with settings reasonably high, so it will be interesting to see the changes.

giphy.gif

There's still lots of changes I would like to see happen with this game. There are many bugs, glitches, and balances that need to happen. Those aside, this update looks neat.

I assume there will be some other things in the VU which is not graphics improvement related.

It's nice of them (for a change) to let us know why the VU is relatively large.

15 mins of download should sort it out ;)

Appreciate the pre-notification, however when I used to play on Win XP with 4gb (less usable) memory newer areas (such as the Calypos Islands) I found used to cause memory crashes.

For those of us with relatively modern pc's this update will make Very High setting look even better, but for those using laptops with on-board graphics adapters or older OS than Win7, there could be problems in store tomorrow.

Fingers crossed, thats one hell of a download :)

Folks using an os older than win7 have bigger problems than an update to EU. The time machine may not get to 88 miles an hour. They might get stuck in 1955!

Due to the types of changes being implemented, VU 15.8.5 will require a larger than usual client patch (approximately 4 GB).
Gulp. I guess I'm out until I find a free hotspot.

Failed messages are caused by unstable/shaky/wobbly quality of the connection to the server.
So it does not matter if you have a ping of 10ms or 300ms.
But it is a problem if you ping goes up and down alot.

Best tool to show the ping over a longer time: https://www.pingplotter.com/
Run this tool and ping to www.google.com and login.entropiauniverse.com.

By this you can see if it is a general problem of your connection or if it is a problem to servers located in europe.

Reactions: Mac
Parameters for internet

For non-Tech Internet users

AVERAGE Connection speed, what is being sold to users, is not main for REAL time connection, what is required for RT applications (including streaming (Telco (Skype)/Video,... ) and of course Gaming) - (players percieve "slow" connection as LAG ....). EU has local installation and after downloading should not require high data transfer when playing.... (did not measure what is required but like 5 MBs+ would have be enough with good connection)

There are few more important parameters for internet connection other than Connection speed = mostly referred as QOS parameters, (Quality Of Service)
- Latency - (that is measured in " ms" when Pinging)
- Packet loss -
- Schewing -
... some basic reading en.wikipedia "put a . " org/wiki/Quality_of_service , also can read about parameters for Internet TV/, also can lookup about SLA parameters

Issues on line/devices might couse BAD connection parameters, = High LAG

Also w/o Technical parameters often ISPs (Most) have put constrains on certain data transfer types (PS. they will never admit that ... PSS. its also required to stabilize services for subnet for average user, if not dedicated lines to aggregation points. what has low/sufficient capacity).

Just info ------
Also there are ISPs that switches to " optimized" connection when doing speed tests :) ..... so to test, use actual IP what You trying to reach...
.... also pinging Google - not advized ... as they use Local Cash servers on local ISPs (distributed architecture) -------

For CMD, see to use Command "Tracert" what, if not blocked, would trace route to destination IP. then You would see which interconnection between connection points has Highest delays (PING) see to remove them is possible.

In general
- Wired has better stability and is advized to RT application (down to Actual PC)
- WI-FI and also GSM - would be lower performance due infrastructure specifics (even low speed Wired connection would work better in general)
- Also each device in line adds delay..... = more lag (" shorter" reach to end point advized)

Resnis

Last edited:
Back