Help: Installing Entropia on windows bootcamp

Yali

Hatchling
Hello,

I have recently got a new Macbook pro and i have Windows 7 installed on bootcamp but the installtion of Entropia gives me the error:

"technology install not completed - an error detected, aborting setup."

Entropia suggested i checked forums for solutions... So here i am!

I loaded up the Macbook pro in Windows bootcamp and dowloaded the the Entropia installation file and clicked run. And after a few moments i get the error above :scratch2:

The specification of the Mac is:

Intel Core i7 M620 @2.67Ghz
8 GB ram
64 bit OS

Any thoughts and help will be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

"technology install not completed - an error detected, aborting setup."

It didn't tell you to check the forum, it told you to check the Frequently Asked Questions, specifically this folder

Those tell you the following:

When installing Entropia Universe on a Windows Vista or Windows 7 machine, please make sure that you run the application by right clicking the Entropia Universe Installer icon, and choosing Run as administrator. This is because the Windows Vista and Windows 7 UAC (User Account Control) limits the privileges of applications for security reasons.

You can also install the needed file "vcredist_x86.exe" from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2

It is advisable to regularly run Windows Update to ensure that your system has the latest updates

and:

What usually solves this problem is to manually download and install "dxwebsetup.exe" from Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/DOWNLOADS/...38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

Also don't forget to fully update your windows and drivers etc

Thanks for the response. :yay:

From the support case i raised the contact support respondent suggested to check community forums for Mac based issues - which is why i came here.

Anyway, i have downloaded the first link you suggested succesfully but when trying to download the second link i get an error:

"A cabinet file neccessary for installtion cannot be trusted, Please verify the Cryptographic Services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid."

My only option is to select 'Okay' and then tells me installtion has failed... I have no idea what that message means...? :confused:

My windows updates are set for automatic installtion and the computer frequently does them every few days... Any further thoughts? Coud it be because i am running windows in boot camp on a Mac...!?

download the second link

DXwebsetup? Try downloading the full version instead of the downloader from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=3b170b25-abab-4bc3-ae91-50ceb6d8fa8d

If that doesn't work, something is really wrong with your windows. Or, your antivirus may be interfering. If you have mcafee or norton, uninstall them, they are junk and can not be disabled. Otherwise, disable your antivirus while installing.

Bootcamp is just a program that makes the mac boot windows instead of macos, it doesn't do anything else, since a mac is just a pc (that costs 2x to 3x as much as the same pc in any other brand/homebuild in components)
So, it is just like a bootmenu really, and isn't the cause of the issues.

My Guess

Do you have administrator rights for your Windows 7?

Try making the user an administrator during the installation then change them back.

I run on W7 without issues but I am an administrator on the PC.

good luck

Arto

From the support case i raised the contact support respondent suggested to check community forums for Mac based issues - which is why i came here.

MA support redirected you to this forum for MAC support? :eek:

MA support redirected you to this forum for MAC support? :eek:

lol yes... Well they stated forums - not this specific one! In the case i also linked this thread to the case to provide them with extra info too! :wtg:

The dxwebsetup is messed up on M$ site. Gotta use an old version and clean up some cached crap from the bad installer.

naviagte to C:/windows/syswow64/directx (literally type it in, you can't find the folder)
Organize > Folder and search options > View > advanced settings > SHOW hidden files and folders
Delete the dxwebsetup folder
Download this > http://www.adiagos.com/dxwebsetup.exe

Install and Enjoy EU on windows 7 x64 (after the 4.89GB dynamic content Download..........)

Update :
Didn't see the download link for the complete download... I had trouble with that too, kept coming up corrupt. Think it was all related to the bad installer on the M$ site

Experiencing same issues

I am running a 64 bit version of Windows 7 and have tried to install entropia with repeated failure. I tried downloading the suggested content posted in this thread still with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I am running a 64 bit version of Windows 7 and have tried to install entropia with repeated failure. I tried downloading the suggested content posted in this thread still with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Downloaded and reinstalled again and the installer launched. So the problem is fixed, thank you everyone who volunteered help!

Back