Instance/Vault and player content for New Treasure Island

ColonelBuckshot

Prowler
Society
AO
Wilburforce ColonelBuckshot Buckshot
Hey.

I've spoke to a few people and many of us think that having an instance/vault developed for Ti, the place is called treasure Island! Ripe for some excellent lore and backstory for the player's to discover and grind.

Perhaps with a brand new armor set to discover or a new upgradeable plate set, perhaps something with pure acid or pure impact or a 50/50 mix of both, some dedicated gear that would be great for mobs like globster and Daspletor.

Perhaps even a new discoverable, upgradeable weapon.

I see huge potential based on the name alone. Let's see something new and exciting based here for Calypso.

Cheers, Buckshot

Instances in places like Arkadia Underground DO NOT contribute to the profit of the deed holders of the Arkadia Undergound. If instance is put in to place on TI I suspect it'd follow the same procedure and not be of any benefit to TI deed holders.

Instances in places like Arkadia Underground DO NOT contribute to the profit of the deed holders of the Arkadia Undergound. If instance is put in to place on TI I suspect it'd follow the same procedure and not be of any benefit to TI deed holders.
Well Ark underground is a taxed land area.

With Ti being part owned by MA and share holders and untaxed, surely a Ti based instance would generate revenue based on the server in which its hosted? Good point though as I'm not entirely sure but this is my take on it.

Hey.

I've spoke to a few people and many of us think that having an instance/vault developed for Ti, the place is called treasure Island! Ripe for some excellent lore and backstory for the player's to discover and grind.
Don't get me wrong but every deed holder can come up with a dozen more ways of improving/developing the place with the hope to improve the ROI. That said nothing of the sort is to be expected or in fact entertained. MA adding new features to an entity that has been sold with certain expectations and then upgrading it so soon makes no business sense from MA's side and will negatively affect the sentiments of those who were not able to participate in the sale.

The same of course can be extrapolated to CLD as well but that was a much larger stake sale.

I would much rather

1. MA improve the spawn ( where needed)
2. Distribute the current TP's to improve coverage

and perhaps

3. Give some clarity on what exactly is the revenue breakup (stream) of TI.

For your suggestions, I am sure if that needs to happen MA can put it up as a next venture for all of us to invest in.

Why should MA add value to TI ... If they do, I hope the shareholders will have to pay for that ... Do I ask for CP to be given more thing,s ARK Underground or Moon be given more things ... I hope MA does what they always do ... f... all !!

Why should MA add value to TI ... If they do, I hope the shareholders will have to pay for that ... Do I ask for CP to be given more thing,s ARK Underground or Moon be given more things ... I hope MA does what they always do ... f... all !!
Yikes.

Adding value to the game we play is, IMO, a good move. Lol

Did you miss out on shares? :/

I feel like our game will soon see a very divisive split between “NTIs chosen people” and “The salty ones”. The shareholders want to push as much activity/content into NTI as possible to boost their investment, and the people that missed out want everyone to boycott it entirely.
Can’t we reach a middle ground?
Did the same kinda thing happen with previous investments in the past?
The fact is good deals are made every day, you can’t be everywhere at once to take advantage of them all.

Apart from a bit of balancing and tweaks, i think specific development for NTI is mostly done and dusted.

I feel like our game will soon see a very divisive split between “NTIs chosen people” and “The salty ones”. The shareholders want to push as much activity/content into NTI as possible to boost their investment, and the people that missed out want everyone to boycott it entirely.
Can’t we reach a middle ground?
Did the same kinda thing happen with previous investments in the past?
The fact is good deals are made every day, you can’t be everywhere at once to take advantage of them all.

Apart from a bit of balancing and tweaks, i think specific development for NTI is mostly done and dusted.
But still. What can we do on Ti. The bare minimum which is shoot mobs and drop probes. It's not unrealistic to want some extra content and something to do there other than just the bare minimum. I doubt planet partners would of been happy if they hadn't been allowed to add all their additional content to attract players.

More content benefits everyone. There's no us and them, we are all here for the same reason, to have fun. More content means more fun. To throw a fit because you missed buying shares and to then boycott it is just extremely petty!! (This last part isn't directed at you, just a general statement)

But still. What can we do on Ti. The bare minimum which is shoot mobs and drop probes. It's not unrealistic to want some extra content and something to do there other than just the bare minimum. I doubt planet partners would of been happy if they hadn't been allowed to add all their additional content to attract players.

More content benefits everyone. There's no us and them, we are all here for the same reason, to have fun. More content means more fun. To throw a fit because you missed buying shares and to then boycott it is just extremely petty!! (This last part isn't directed at you, just a general statement)
Yes I agree it is very petty.
More content is always good, We will wait and see. I just don't think MA have plans to implement much more NTI specific content, or they would of stated so in their press release. Especially if MA were trying to raise capital, which they were. It seems illogical that they would want to keep any future content plans a secret, They are trying to sell a product.

Again,

why would MA do anything else with TI, MAs offer had been made, it sold out in 22 minutes ... It is what it is, move on MA and create the next project ... Ofc I am still pissed at not having had a chance to get shares since normal people have to work and cannot devise their lives around EU ...

MA, please remove Dasp as you initially stated and put them back on FOMA and maybe make that your next project, since FOMA, like TI has been empty for years now. And if you do, have some effing sense not to release all shares at once, ffs

... adding anything that has not been in the initial offer would, yet again be an extremely shady move on MAs behalf, they dont add things to ARK underground, CP etc ... So why favour TI ?

... just my 2 cents ...

It's great that half way through every idea we get to the real point which seems to be "make it drop more/better/new stuff" and without which the rest of the idea is kinda meh.

Could literally copy paste this on to 95% of the "ideas" posted since TI launch

There will always be two sides to stuff, but sometimes more tribalism and sometimes less.
There are also people who inhabit the middle ground, almost entirely devoid of tribalism itself, but whose decisions can go one way or the other.
Recently people have started to relook at what words mean to different people, such as what is a reseller?
In this topic the word petty has begun to be used. I initially typed "thrown around" instead of used, but that is not a neutral use of language. It is a charged expression, a bit like the word petty itself.

One of the things I dislike is that MA has, in one week, changed the nature of NTI by removing shared mobs and changing spawn densities. I don't care much personally about the change itself, but others might, either increasing or decreasing the popularity of NTI quite a bit over what we had a chance to see in the 24 hours prior to the sale. I dislike the variability, a hardly new increased uncertainty about investments here, the making of changes after the fact.

This doesn't make me against the project itself. In another thread I have suggested trying to get people crafting massively on NTI (on the assumption but not knowledge that the term all activity does actually include crafting). My personal decision is to gravitate towards what I think is being done right, even though in this world I am likely to comment quite a bit on what I think pps could do to improve things.

Anyway, because of the lack of clarifications, I am uncertain of the "ownership" and "development" responsibility for NTI moving forward. Overall I would like to see player content made possible via instances, but I think the community, MA and pps need to take a long hard look at the way things are done in the run-up to potentially quite a bit of new growth and opportunities under UE5.

Back