Interplanetary Teleporting

This is/was my timezone issue. ( is why I decided to back/use a Starfinder service for when codex is released )
Alot, has been said here that on many things "I don't say" or do know over the years and bite my tongue. ( on these threads), if you can believe it or not. :giggle:

I do believe everyone deserves a healthy way to earn on their investments, no matter what they are in this game but when I start seeing cheating or exploiting or strong arming smaller ones , that is when I decide to stop biting my tongue.
The issue here is not your morals.. Its your understanding of the mechanics of space and the fact that right now is NOT THE SAFEST ITS EVER BEEN like you keep trying to suggest like your working for the pirates!!! They have been warp mining all week long pulling everyone out of warp and shooting down and looting the "small guys" steady because logout IS NOT SAFE!!!

Maybe its your friends on those ships or maybe it was mine even but i'm at this point not even sure whos side your on! Its been soooo bad that we have a new discord with some planet partner advisors etc to coordinate and lookout for pirates for safer flights cuz theyve been hit as well... but.. ITS THE SAFEST ITS EVER BEEN!!! right?

We do all this for your safety and we're the bad guys cuz you dont even know? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Click the link... In the upper left corner and take your tour.

Space is imagination... breaking the stereotype... can give new opportunities. It is part of the game and it should be part from the game. But..
WTS: Taxi from Icarus to Twin P... 20 pek.
This is how the topic looks to me.

L-Quad's + Warp Drive would be an alternative instead of a teleport.
I like to change planets by my intuition, but only the waste of time stops me often. I would always take the opportunity to jump from Ark to Calypso instead of a 1 hour flight.

From what I'm reading and have previously read, the big argument is that it's a nuisance having to travel through space. Inconvenient and time consuming.

I think this is because there's no actual REASON to be in space other than to travel from planet to planet, repair skill (get those crafting skills up!) or PVE.

Space PVP is actually fun as it's the only PVP area you can be a NOOB and still be competitive. A new player can grab a Quad and Kismet and PVP, where as their Bukin's Rifle and Settler Armor are no match for planet PVP. Your skills matter more than your gear in Space (both avatar skills and your actual hand-eye).

I propose, instead of kneecapping space by adding convenient teleporters everywhere, give space a reason to be there.

Space Mining: Ahh, mining in lootable PVP! Yes.. maybe you should get a crew and do it together. Get your Mining attachment (like wood harvesting maybe, but from asteroids) and go at it!

Disable log-off on Motherships: This is long overdue. If you're on a mothership you should have a longer logout timer which should force you to remain logged in, grab a gunner seat or repair tool and be an active part of the crew.

Turn PVP lootable back on for everywhere except Space Station areas.

Add another tab to Auctioneer for "Deliveries" where pilots can bid on timed delivery contracts for loot transportation. If someone requests loot transport from a winning auction, pilots who win the contract can then transport it. If they are killed in lootable PVP, the contract is then awarded to the player who killed them and they can drop it off for the payment (the loot always remains safe in this scenario). If the timer runs out (like on a mining deed) then the contract is returned to the auction house and can be bid on again.

Create factions (preferably each planet is it's own faction) that ships can join.

Allow Space stations in deep space to be claimed by factions. Claiming the stations gives your faction a buff. Controlling the space stations would be greatly beneficial.

Just some ideas... Would require some coding... My theory is though that MindArk won't do anything with Space until we do something with Space... Once it starts to become used, they'll put some time into it. In this sense, anyone that loves space should be encouraging PVE activity (Sunday Space Boss hunts are a great starter!), PVP activity (yes... please stop shaming Space PVPers, it's your fault for the decision to bring loot into lootable PVP, not their for taking advantage of your stupidity).

Don't kill space, revive it.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I'm reading and have previously read, the big argument is that it's a nuisance having to travel through space. Inconvenient and time consuming.

I think this is because there's no actual REASON to be in space other than to travel from planet to planet, repair skill (get those crafting skills up!) or PVE.

Space PVP is actually fun as it's the only PVP area you can be a NOOB and still be competitive. A new player can grab a Quad and Kismet and PVP, where as their Bukin's Rifle and Settler Armor are no match for planet PVP. Your skills matter more than your gear in Space (both avatar skills and your actual hand-eye).

I propose, instead of kneecapping space by adding convenient teleporters everywhere, give space a reason to be there.

Space Mining: Ahh, mining in lootable PVP! Yes.. maybe you should get a crew and do it together. Get your Mining attachment (like wood harvesting maybe, but from asteroids) and go at it!

Disable log-off on Motherships: This is long overdue. If you're on a mothership you should have a longer logout timer which should force you to remain logged in, grab a gunner seat or repair tool and be an active part of the crew.

Turn PVP lootable back on for everywhere except Space Station areas.

Add another tab to Auctioneer for "Deliveries" where pilots can bid on timed delivery contracts for loot transportation. If someone requests loot transport from a winning auction, pilots who win the contract can then transport it. If they are killed in lootable PVP, the contract is then awarded to the player who killed them and they can drop it off for the payment (the loot always remains safe in this scenario). If the timer runs out (like on a mining deed) then the contract is returned to the auction house and can be bid on again.

Create factions (preferably each planet is it's own faction) that ships can join.

Allow Space stations in deep space to be claimed by factions. Claiming the stations gives your faction a buff. Controlling the space stations would be greatly beneficial.

Just some ideas... Would require some coding... My theory is though that MindArk won't do anything with Space until we do something with Space... Once it starts to become used, they'll put some time into it. In this sense, anyone that loves space should be encouraging PVE activity (Sunday Space Boss hunts are a great starter!), PVP activity (yes... please stop shaming Space PVPers, it's your fault for the decision to bring loot into lootable PVP, not their for taking advantage of your stupidity).

Don't kill space, revive it.

Meh... Sounds way too much like EVE Online imo. If what you want is space PvP combat with high stakes then go play EVE, that's not what Entropia is about. There's a reason I don't play EVE anymore, I hate forced PvP. If MA forces me to PvP without any way out of it I will quit.

Meh... Sounds way too much like EVE Online imo. If what you want is space PvP combat with high stakes then go play EVE, that's not what Entropia is about. There's a reason I don't play EVE anymore, I hate forced PvP. If MA forces me to PvP without any way out of it I will quit.

I'd argue it is what Entropia is about... I understand the EVE argument but don't think it's a valid comparison.

Maybe I'm wrong but EVE is not an RCE that you can withdraw from?

Everyone that not is owning a Mothership or are an affiliate have something to gain from this and that is most of the players and all of the planet partners.

Best of all it would remove alot of toxic behaviour from the game.

Everyone that not is owning a Mothership or are an affiliate have something to gain from this and that is most of the players and all of the planet partners.

Best of all it would remove alot of toxic behaviour from the game.
I think space business owners could also benefit of a good implementation of the interplanetary teleportation. But yeah, the toxicity levels are too high and probably many years are needed for something to change in space from the current implementation.

Last edited:
MA made a attempt to creat space and still years after its broken.

Just see a simple thing like Planet Toulan. You cant fly in a straight logical line to the planet if & you dont know. How you will not be able to vissit.
Majority of players dont read & write in this Forum and will never even now how to visit a Planet Partner.

MA looking forward to a easy fix of this in next VU. Just implement TP between planets and let everyone who wants use it like on Monria.

Everyone that dont own a Mothership and are affiliate have something to gain from this.
@MY the Best of all: It would remove alot of toxic behaviour from the game.

MA made a attempt to creat space
Thats the point they started to make an attempt and accidentally missed out on the fundamental flaw of their system which is logging out / disconnected giving players an edge in transportingg goods over those players who actually play the game. No game should ever reward players for not playing !
And after 10 years they still reward players to not play in space - so lets say they started to make an atttempt and gave up halfway through. They also never delivered the shields and torpedos they promised for motherships uppon sale which would have made big ships much safer for transport with a less heavy additional investment in structural integrity.
Instead they waited for players to spent on si for 10 years while leaving the flaw in place that made investing into si in part pointless.

Making it impossible to ferry goods to others places while being logged out could have been an easy fix - just relocate lootables to the last planet a player was on.
And yes cargo missions that were promised 6 years ago could also have helped tto solve the issue and even allowed the transport of L teleport units - get one to another planet delivered by a ship then a player can tp there under the restrictions of the L tp unit...

Thats the point they started to make an attempt and accidentally missed out on the fundamental flaw of their system which is logging out / disconnected giving players an edge in transportingg goods over those players who actually play the game. No game should ever reward players for not playing !
And after 10 years they still reward players to not play in space - so lets say they started to make an atttempt and gave up halfway through. They also never delivered the shields and torpedos they promised for motherships uppon sale which would have made big ships much safer for transport with a less heavy additional investment in structural integrity.
Instead they waited for players to spent on si for 10 years while leaving the flaw in place that made investing into si in part pointless.

Making it impossible to ferry goods to others places while being logged out could have been an easy fix - just relocate lootables to the last planet a player was on.
And yes cargo missions that were promised 6 years ago could also have helped tto solve the issue and even allowed the transport of L teleport units - get one to another planet delivered by a ship then a player can tp there under the restrictions of the L tp unit...
i got missles on my sleip!!! theyre actually really kewl except near impossible to kill anything with them and use EP which is not easy to come by in mid space

I agree with your post. I think MA missed out on the incentive aspect of space. If you look at Calypso there are incentives for visiting the PVP and lootable PVP zones. There is really no incentive to traverse lootable space so people have found a work around by logging off. I logged in to keep my account active but I was really inactive for a number of years and space in general hasn't changed all that much since I went into an inactive state until just recently, that's a lot of years with no major updates.

I am all for localized system TPs that travel to and from system locations and charge to do so. Maybe make hangars the locations for those system TPs. Those charges could be shared amongst ship owners in each local system so it doesn't negatively affect ship ownership it actually incentivizes it. Now between systems lootable PVP space shouldn't be the norm, there should be zones or lanes and there should be incentives to traverse those portions of space just like any lootable PVP zone planetside. Incentives could be special mobs, faster travel via wormholes to other planets, events, etc. etc. Non-lootable PVP should just take longer but there is still a threat from being attacked just not having your loot pilfered.

I still can't believe they don't have NPCs flying CAP, keeping the peace, and scanning for contraband, in systems. There is incentive to be a pirate but it should come with risk as well (jail, NPC and stations recognizes you as friend or foe, bounties place on you, etc. etc.) . They also need to implement ship scanning abilities. I am sure pirates wouldn't want to waste ammo and reputation on a ship that is carrying one piece of poo (my favorite lootable to carry back in the day) unless they are just looking for the kill. Do away with limited ships and increase upgrade options, allow space walk repairs for smaller ships or some type of astro repair bots, increase the library of ships and skills needed to use them, limited items should be driven by consumables that are crafted. Your base ship no matter what it is should be a lot like your avatar and you can kit it out respectively with armor and shields, weapons, powerplants, warp drives, cloaking devices, etc, etc, Space mining and specific gear and ships to mine asteroids is needed so badly I can't believe it was never implemented.

Allow for profit sharing and deed activity for space specific entities, orgs, or companies of some type. Allow for space zones in space that are much like land grab areas that implement tolls as taxes and maybe incentive societies to gear up and fight for control of the zone. I am all for LA type zones in space as well which would seem easy enough to implement and allow owners to change PVP settings, implement tolls, add creatures, seed mining in some way, and maybe control wormholes as well. If you don't want to bother traveling through risky lootable PVP or through toll zones that take time then find a warp capable ship.

In my opinion they put the cart before the horse when it came to implementing space they treated it as an investment from the get go when it should have been a fun aspect to the game that fostered travel and trade between the PPS and then rolled in the investment opportunities once it grew. I just don't know if they have the player base for this like they once did. There is a lot of competition in the MMO space sim market these days and many of them have grey markets where items are bought and sold with money outside of the game itself.

Last edited:
currently there are 3 ways to travel to another planet.
1.Fly yourself-cheap
2.Mothership warp-safe
3.VIP warp-convenient.
Introducing a Monria style teleport across all planets which is both relatively cheap, safe and convenient would render all above methods obsolete, severely damaging the pirate and warp ship industries.

I do however think that Mindark shouldn’t be hiding it’s planet partners behind a paywall of peds or equipment. Travel should be cheap and accessible for all. I have met plenty of players that have never left calypso, and some wouldn’t know how to if they tried. This saddens me. There is so much more game out there that is being missed.

so let’s introduce a teleport, it costs 500 sweat to use, something that all players can acquire easily, it doesn’t let you teleport with lootables, and it takes several hours to complete, maybe even logging you out until it’s completed. This would still keep the other methods desirable for people running loot or in a hurry.

As for space, entry should require a toxic shot. Pirates should have some guaranteed return for their kills.
Every day on my trip to monria I get shot down by the same pirate. I have no loot.
Mr smoking it up’s ammo is wasted, and my time is wasted, we are both left dissatisfied.
With pirates getting rewarded for kills, this will invigorate the pirate economy, which will have a flow on effect to mothership operators who will have to adapt to more numerous and cashed up pirates, but will also see more customers looking to avoid running the gauntlet in their quad.

most importantly there is still a low cost transit method for the free to play sweater that just wants to check out another planet.

My 2 cents
How about you sell your sweat and let everyone else pay 7ped to TP between planets.

Remove pvp space and rookie chat.
Everyone that dont own a Mothership and are affiliate have something to gain from this.
It would remove alot of toxic behaviour from the game.

How about you sell your sweat and let everyone else pay 7ped to TP between planets.

Remove pvp space and rookie chat.
Everyone that don't own a Mothership and are affiliate have something to gain from this.
It would remove a lot of toxic behaviour from the game.
I don't know if everyone would benefit from the removal of PVP. As a hunter a large amount of my mark up has been generated from PVP existing.

PVP also creates a drive for skilling up, getting better gear, achieving more. Throw that out and you will have a large exodus of high level depositors that play solely to pvp.
Circumventing that gameplay completely would be a big kick in the teeth for many.

Ive never met a toxic pirate. They shoot me down, its annoying, but ive never had any toxic encounter with one. Its just business.

Rookie chat yeah we may agree a little there.

Back