Invasion of the RX Units!

new toys for uber players and there friends who they dont shoot at pvp. heh.
crap.And for the topic: invasion?I think this a bit exaggerated.

Kinda funny how people always whine when something isnt going their way... Part of human nature i guess ;)
If there was nothing made "special" for the people that either spent countless hours over years of time (and heavy deposits) or spent countless $ getting to high lvls by chipping then why the hell would there be a reason to get to that lvl? If you could depo 1000$ and then be a part of everything ingame where would the will be to progress?

Look @the game in general atm ffs... MA made basically everything "easier" for lowlvl/medium hunters. Damage changing to "varied" instead of max hits being one of the biggest ones. Before that you didnt really see alot of people hunting big mobs unless they really had the gear and skills for it (take an atrox alpha for instance, with 128damage every hit in the "old days"=gl for medium players, now a "seminoob" with gremlin, 5B and a fap2600 can take them rather easily...;) ) Take (L) items... everyone "hates em" but they've made it so much easier for medium people to hunt the big stuff its silly.
Now im not whining that MA made the game better for their largest player group, thats how things work (and should), but look @the bigger picture before going apeshit everytime something a little "special" is done for those that have been here and "done it all" already...
Fact is there is basically nothing "left" in PE/EU solely for ubers anymore except the rare event occurrances like these where you only stand a chance in a group of highend people...

Btw i didnt participate on the event, rl prevented it so this post is basically only made "in general", but gz to those that got lucky and had a good time nonetheless ;)

Look @the game in general atm ffs... MA made basically everything "easier" for lowlvl/medium hunters. Damage changing to "varied" instead of max hits being one of the biggest ones.

Unfortunately many of the whiners started well after that was implemented so they don't know anything of the harder times.

Yeah, Neo was really excited when he logged into the new VU, and had to deposit to be able to repair and shoot his terminator :rolleyes:

And I guess you forget of the safe zones containing attackers, which were constantly camped by countless players in vigi/nemi etc looting insane amounts of minor teleport chips, zones which Frank seemed to know nothing about at the time of his interview, and which have since been "fixed".

I just love the "other" group, whose sole purpose is to spam different parts of the forum with irrelevant and annoying negative information, a term I use lightly in this situation...

Fun but short event, aside from Da and Stormer the majority of the players who recieved launchers were your normal players, no offense meant whatsoever. We look forward to more exciting events in the future, perhaps for longer durations, a la the eomon invasion :)

Admittedly I disagree with you a fair portion of the time but on this subject I see eye to eye. Granted I am nowhere near as skilled or equipped as you but I do spend 5-8 hours a day hunting when I am not pulling an 18 hour day at work and am now beginning to see eye to eye with you on some points I have disagreed on in the past.

I think, at this point u dont understand the "game". Its not, that the uber get the items, cause of their status. Its mainly because the invest a lot of time in the game and are active (not just chating around). Would it be more "fair", if u chated around for 30 mins every day and hunt for 5 mins, and loot big stuff, compared to someone, who hunts 6 hours non-stop every day? I still believe, that loot is random. Therefore, the more u hunt/craft/..., the higher the chance, that u get some awsome loot. While u complain here, others hunt... Think about it!

Use the search and find Marco's statement about this...

-rep for u

Buck.

First off it was not nice meeting you in PvP 4 with that x5 LOL. Secondly it was nice meeting you at the rig a bit later ;). I totally agree with you, once again I am far from Uber but I will say it does piss me off that people think they are entitled to the items and loot those of us get because we hunt 6-10 hours every day when they hunt for 30 minutes. That $600.00 business really shot me in the ass when I started thinking about the fact that I had $10,000.00 worth of equipment on when I ran into you that afternoon.

Anyway have a good one and again it was nice meeting you.

I have NOoooooo problem with "Ubers" or anyone that has sunk a shit load of real life money into this game getting a break.Or even better than a break.Hell when I spend 150 ped on a hunt and get 50% of that back I feel great.
What I DO have an issue with.....outside of the people that think they ARE gods because of the statas of a MMOL Avatar are the ways MA seems to nerf the lower end issues.Like the Opalo.Now a noob cant even get over 50% of the guns value in a usable way.
Just call me a defender of the lower end people.I was there not that long ago and Im not far from it.And I havnt forgotten how tough it can be to start.Jackoffs going out and killing said noobs for fun or otherwise trying to ruin it for noobs for their own feeling of self worth blow.

EU is a virtual universe not a virtual utopia where you get whatever you want no matter how much or how little you participate.

This has to be one of my favorite quotes from a forum post!

I have NOoooooo problem with "Ubers" or anyone that has sunk a shit load of real life money into this game getting a break.Or even better than a break.Hell when I spend 150 ped on a hunt and get 50% of that back I feel great.
What I DO have an issue with.....outside of the people that think they ARE gods because of the statas of a MMOL Avatar are the ways MA seems to nerf the lower end issues.Like the Opalo.Now a noob cant even get over 50% of the guns value in a usable way.
Just call me a defender of the lower end people.I was there not that long ago and Im not far from it.And I havnt forgotten how tough it can be to start.Jackoffs going out and killing said noobs for fun or otherwise trying to ruin it for noobs for their own feeling of self worth blow.

Critical people dont just defend their case, they also check the facts before stating their opinion (also facts that happened 3 years ago) and dont defend blindly based on their own beliefs.
Statement doesnt go to only this point from you but also others, since you seem to totally ignore that some changes in PE/EU bring problems to everyone (or only the "ubers" you seem to not want to "have more" than they already have...).
Yes i can very clearly see that youre "defending the nOObs (in lack of a better word) but since you dont seem to care about the other half of playerbase getting screwed i cant really say i agree with you even if you write some good posts :)
Ive never claimed to be an "uber" and that all should be served on a silver plate for me (check my post history or ask about me ingame im pretty sure the majority you ask will say the same thing) but regardless if people think im uber, midlvl, nOOb or whatever ive always stated my mind trying to look @it from all sides. Ofc i missed some, we all do, were human after all. But try and look @it from the other side of the table from time to time, you might get surprised.

Discalimer ;p :
Above post isnt aimed @Kevorkian solely, he just wrote something that got me started on something i thought about for a while during different posts in here i guess, so no personal offence man, dont know you personally and dont mean to annoy you. Guess ill get alot of flaming from this one regardless so you might as well join in though ;p

I dont see any reason to flame ya:) You stated a position that Im not totally in disagreement with. I think people in the higher end of this game after putting loads of cash into it deserve a little bone now and then.What else do you have to look forward to at that point other than PVP and an HOF after spending 300 to 400 ped on a hunt?Coloring has been screwed from what I hear and some no longer even want to mess with it.Other things to numerous to mention.
My beef was with the holier than tho morons and MA kicking the beginners in the teeth this VU with the opalo screw up.Not higher end players getting cool new toys.

You can already see by the insane amount of amp globals that MA is trying to make the crafters happier.Never seen so many Amp globals before in such quick sucession

Let me get one thing straight. I didn't say that I should be entitled to the same loot as higher end players. I am just saying what is the incentive to keep depositing, if you get nothing in return? I don't deserve 80% of the shit that MA gives out. I'm just saying it would be nice to go out and waste 15,000 to 20,000 rounds and atleast get half of it back. This crap with spending 200 ped just in ammo,not counting decay on everything, and seeing a return of 50-60 is BS. I have a mid level job, wife, and 5 kids, so I cant deposit huge amounts like others. I'm sure that there are people who play that are in the same situation. Should we always get shit on because we have families?

Whats with all of these HOF's I've been seeing on exo's and snablesnots? It's a beginners mob, but i really doubt that a beginner killed it. As far as the update goes with the 50% dead weapon, how is a noob supposed to do anything. They probably had to sweat their ass off for days to afford the tt weapon only to get to use it for a short time before it needs repaired. There is only so much sweating a person can do before they say screw it.

I really dont care about the large loots. I'm just saying "some" loot would be nice. Either way, I'll still log in and play the game, because that's all it is, a game. That's enough for my little rant. Don't piss in someone cheerios just because they can't afford to throw money away as you do. I'm not here to make a living, just to have fun.

If my previous wording offended anyone else, I apologize. I didn't mean for it to come off as I am entitled to everything that someone who has been playing since the start gets.

Let me get one thing straight. I didn't say that I should be entitled to the same loot as higher end players. I am just saying what is the incentive to keep depositing, if you get nothing in return? I don't deserve 80% of the shit that MA gives out. I'm just saying it would be nice to go out and waste 15,000 to 20,000 rounds and atleast get half of it back. This crap with spending 200 ped just in ammo,not counting decay on everything, and seeing a return of 50-60 is BS. I have a mid level job, wife, and 5 kids, so I cant deposit huge amounts like others. I'm sure that there are people who play that are in the same situation. Should we always get shit on because we have families?

Whats with all of these HOF's I've been seeing on exo's and snablesnots? It's a beginners mob, but i really doubt that a beginner killed it. As far as the update goes with the 50% dead weapon, how is a noob supposed to do anything. They probably had to sweat their ass off for days to afford the tt weapon only to get to use it for a short time before it needs repaired. There is only so much sweating a person can do before they say screw it.

I really dont care about the large loots. I'm just saying "some" loot would be nice. Either way, I'll still log in and play the game, because that's all it is, a game. That's enough for my little rant. Don't piss in someone cheerios just because they can't afford to throw money away as you do. I'm not here to make a living, just to have fun.

If my previous wording offended anyone else, I apologize. I didn't mean for it to come off as I am entitled to everything that someone who has been playing since the start gets.

There are others that arnt in the same situation you are among the big crowd here the huge crowd of people in all ages professions situations humors sites spots and places in life on EARTH

Taken at face value, I can appreciate the way MA chose to introduce new weapons. I'd be even cooler if some of the current "near uber" weapons increased in loot frequency, depreciating the (very) high cost of some "key" weapons, and increasing the demand for the new ubers. Thus, instead of nerfing our low end items, they bring in a new "tougher" set of opponents to keep the ubers busy... you can see where that chain of thought goes...

I'm also wondering if the source of these new "enemies" is somehow related to the story of how professor barton was killed and taken away... perhaps his DNA was used, or is being used somehow to create these TX units, etc...

And my third thought here, is that since I'm nowhere near uber, and have deposited regularly and often just to get nowhere fast -- am I still enjoying it knowing that many of the super loots are going to relative noobs in what seems capricous luck? I'd have to say yes, reluctantly. I'd prefer to cut back a bit on my depositing, and the temptation to give EO or SL a try is strong, so I really hope MA listens and adjusts the loot pendulum back away from "higher payout/lower frequency" to "lower payout/higher frequency".

Yes, they have to keep that pendulum swinging to keep the action strong, but it seems to be stuck on the "never loot" side. This isn't a rant or whine so much as a desire to get more people invigorated in the winning, namely ME. :D

To end it on a positive note: I have to give extra credit to MA's support staff, I had a billing issue and they fixed it quickly and very professionally. People don't often pay much attention to positive experiences like that, so I'd say here's something you can appreciate (of course, I also like to point out the negatives as opportunities for improvements... :rolleyes:).

Back