Question: Is MA deliberatly tryying to ruin PVP?

delcour

Provider
Society
BlackAngels HQ
mistress delcour libertine
Ok just to re-cap.

PVP4 Was ruined as all pkers agree by letting vehicals into pvp without the possiblity to loot them.
PVP4 Was ruined by allowing pvp resources outside pvp areas thus lowering MV and not makeing hunting/mining profitable.
PVP in Land Grab was ruined by having 6/iish Land Grabs per week which even for those highly financed ava's impossible to contest so what we have is each land grab now is just a waiting game unitl the clock runs out as nobody can afford to fight this many times per week.
Now we have the rig that was not profit makeing for most PKerS but was at least fun as you were sure to get a fight for some oil. Now we have a bunch of to be fair hostiles towards each other now teaming as there is no point fighting for 90mins on the off chance of oil.

This isnt a drip or whine but i really would like to see what ppl think? IS MA TRYING TO MAKE PVP OBSOLETE ON CALYPSO?

Let me know your views

Del

PK Question for MA/KIM on EF

Are you guys at MA aware that the PK profession in lootable is being totally ruined by the use of unlootable spawned vehicles and loot filled vehicles being recalled to main storage from within lootable ? Meaning that PK'er have no incentive to shoot vehicles or even be PK'ers anymore :(

And the fact that ppl no longer need to come to lootable for lootable unique resources. Lootable was introduced by MA for which i am ever grateful for. But seeing as this is a MA initiative which has a large following, what do you guys intend to do about the 3 main issues mentioned above to save lootable PK ?

Thanks

DCF

Kim from MA's response

Hey, I explained this in a PM to the OP but figured the rest of you should know as well.

An official reply will come as soon as I have talked this over with a few collegues during the comomiseding week, for now though I can say that we are very well aware of this problem.

Cheers

Its been many many weeks now since he / MA said he would answer, yet it seems he no longer intends do answer it as he promised :(

Here is the EF link to his quote Here

Last edited:
Okay I'm not much for PVP, generally just fun rounds with friends, but I do agree making vehicles non-lootable did ruin some of the fun of mining or hunting in PVP 4. Especially when some Pker over stepped his limits and I turned that battle against him only to get some nova frags or whatever.

Kim from MA's response

Its been many many weeks now since he / MA said he would answer, yet it seems he no longer intends do answer it as he promised :(

Here is the EF link to his quote Here

Many Many weeks? more like two? ;)

Ok im not tryin to be a hater but how can u say MA is killing pvp with no looting of vehicles.. ok if that's what u want then I think vehicles should be lootable.. now u loose everything.. but we can't do that.. now its bad enough u can stash the loot in the vehicle.. so now u want to loot the vehicles hmmmm well open ur eyes dude that's goin to make for more bugs.. how? Because now u need a complex code to loot the players inventory then open the vehicle inventory to loot that one.. and then u Gota worry about how many vehicles the player has... plus looting the players vehicle is like being able to rob a players estate.. the vehicles once bought by the player are registered to that player so its like invading the players personal space. And u can't say "well the player took the shot and knows the rules" just like u must not die alot so u must not loose much. But once my skills is up and I pk u enough im sure u will appreciate The vehicle storage for saving whatever I dont take from ya ;) ima pker myself (NinnnnnJaaaaa) and I understand what your saying... but we can't be greedy.... take what u get.... now I will say this.. I want a PvP Black in a city PvP Black would be what ever u have on u. U will loose .. now what this would do is set a cap on the pvp without really having the cap.. another wise people would have to rely on skills and trust.. u would see less armor less big guns less vehicles.. except for the real hardcore pkers with that I don't care game play really holding it down.... now me being a Pker in training I will take what is givin and give what is took.. and not complain about any of it.. two reason why: because its cheap to pk and see what they have instead of hunting ... and because watching peoples avatars go lifeless is hilarious....

Ok im not tryin to be a hater but how can u say MA is killing pvp with no looting of vehicles.. ok if that's what u want then I think vehicles should be lootable.. now u loose everything.. but we can't do that.. now its bad enough u can stash the loot in the vehicle.. so now u want to loot the vehicles hmmmm well open ur eyes dude that's goin to make for more bugs.. how? Because now u need a complex code to loot the players inventory then open the vehicle inventory to loot that one.. and then u Gota worry about how many vehicles the player has... plus looting the players vehicle is like being able to rob a players estate.. the vehicles once bought by the player are registered to that player so its like invading the players personal space. And u can't say "well the player took the shot and knows the rules" just like u must not die alot so u must not loose much. But once my skills is up and I pk u enough im sure u will appreciate The vehicle storage for saving whatever I dont take from ya ;) ima pker myself (NinnnnnJaaaaa) and I understand what your saying... but we can't be greedy.... take what u get.... now I will say this.. I want a PvP Black in a city PvP Black would be what ever u have on u. U will loose .. now what this would do is set a cap on the pvp without really having the cap.. another wise people would have to rely on skills and trust.. u would see less armor less big guns less vehicles.. except for the real hardcore pkers with that I don't care game play really holding it down.... now me being a Pker in training I will take what is givin and give what is took.. and not complain about any of it.. two reason why: because its cheap to pk and see what they have instead of hunting ... and because watching peoples avatars go lifeless is hilarious....

any noob can stand in the middle of there pitbull and unload there carried inventory into the pitbull safely as soon as a GD shows on radar, any noob can jump in there vtol fly straight away from a gd and press T to get away. If you are a pker you must be a low skilled one that now as an advantage after so many high skilled avatars left the game of pk.

tiering first ruined pking as skills were no longer required. Vehicles finished off any reason to pk period.

any noob can stand in the middle of there pitbull and unload there carried inventory into the pitbull safely as soon as a GD shows on radar, any noob can jump in there vtol fly straight away from a gd and press T to get away. If you are a pker you must be a low skilled one that now as an advantage after so many high skilled avatars left the game of pk.

tiering first ruined pking as skills were no longer required. Vehicles finished off any reason to pk period.

I Fully Agree With u.. I fully Do believe that Vehicles does add a Advantage to people that Cant HAndle it( And its Just not NOOBs) But what im Sayin Is... the Vehicles are (Just Like Real Life) Registered to the player that Buys them therefor being able to loot the Storage of the Vehicle Is an Act of Stealing.. Because the vehicle is Registered to that Player.. look i dont like the idea Either i really dont.. but its something that comes with the Territory.. Now if we ban to gether and get a real PVP Zone like a PVP Black would u Play Knowing u could loose ur Armor, Your Gun, Ur Vehicle.. Would u Play? I would... And i really would...

Now.. i play Pvp with enough Ammo and Guns to Blow up Vehicles or Avatars... litterally Quitin the game because u feel MA is Screwing up the PK Game is Kinda Lame... we should be happy that we have a PVP Red, I Love it, like i said im there with it (NinnnnJaaaa) and i go in Rogue... If u go in with a Team then U gota Put them Heads together and get that Player Before they put their stuff in the Inventory....

I Want PVP BLack: ALL OR Nothing
Would you So Called True Complainers OOoops i Mean Pkers Play? if it was all on the Line? Like i said i would...

HEy im Just Jokin with u guys with all the crazy talk so please dont Get me Kicked

I personally dont think they doing it on purpose. I think pvp does not bring them enough money in the coffers for them to bother with it as a priority. Yes the guns, the amps etc cost money, but really its nothing compared to crafting and hunting. Perhaps they need some idea's on how to make it more profitable for them so it gets a higher priority. Of course making destroyed vehicles lootable and non recallable, WILL do just that. Easiest way to make the fights last longer is to simply make plates or armor which can take the massive damage of tiered weapons (They wont get rid of tiers for huntings sakes). At least with balanced protection, pk fights can once again be a bit more fun and last longer. More fun for us and as much as it pains me (not that i pay to play), little more for them.....

My wish-list.

1. Lootable vehicles. And a timer to recall vehicle, as when u press T.
2. Solid vehicles (meaning u cant run right through them, thats just retarded).
3. If not any of the above would work for some reason, then I'd like to see a another lootable zone where vehicles are banned.

guys your missing the point its not just pvp and vehicals its all of pvp its the Land Grap thats pointless now as nobody turns up.
Its the rig that now nobody fights because its again pointless.

I understand a pvp black would sort out the talkers and the walkers but its a more broad overlay than that.

where is the fun going certaninly not in pvp4 or LG or now the rig wtf is going on

Del

guys your missing the point its not just pvp and vehicals its all of pvp its the Land Grap thats pointless now as nobody turns up.

I understand a pvp black would sort out the talkers and the walkers but its a more broad overlay than that.

where is the fun going certaninly not in pvp4 or LG or now the rig wtf is going on

Del

I think it might "in part" have something to do with the fact that you can now very easily one shot kill as apposed to previously (dependent on your level lmao) . So the "fun" has been taken out of it.

Now if we ban to gether and get a real PVP Zone like a PVP Black would u Play Knowing u could loose ur Armor, Your Gun, Ur Vehicle.. Would u Play? I would... And i really would

Im not sure the mechanics of the platform can allow for this or even if MA coder be able to code this lmao. But if it does and they could then hell yea ! It be PK heaven and Hell all rolled into one. Love it :D

But yea back to reality....the PK profession and overall game in EU is taking a massive blow and i for one am not so sure i be playing EU if there was no more PK...... Fact !

I Fully Agree With u.. I fully Do believe that Vehicles does add a Advantage to people that Cant HAndle it( And its Just not NOOBs) But what im Sayin Is... the Vehicles are (Just Like Real Life) Registered to the player that Buys them therefor being able to loot the Storage of the Vehicle Is an Act of Stealing.. Because the vehicle is Registered to that Player.. look i dont like the idea Either i really dont.. but its something that comes with the Territory.

By this statement above, killing an avatar and looting its stackables "Is an Act of Stealing" as the avatar is registered to the player.

By this statement above, killing an avatar and looting its stackables "Is an Act of Stealing" as the avatar is registered to the player.

That was a theory based on looting the vehicles..
But I do understand what's goin on in the pvp

PvP Black Idea

PvP Black

The idea is "Wild West" now I think for MA to even consider this they would need a map for it to be profitable and fun(to maintain the profit) but this area isn't just a LA...

1. it will have a city which would be the main warzone with mobs
2. it should have an outpost with a limited radius safe zone
3. Forts with Terminal rental options( could supply pker societies safe zones... other societies could take over the forts while it is rented)
4. PvP Black toxic shots would be more expensive due to the risk
5. Terminals in this zone would have items or ammo deals that regular terminals outside the zones wouldn't have
6. Skills and Style of play would be tested
7. Its All or Nothing

Now with all the fort rent profit, PvP Blk toxic Shot profit, and loot, hunt or shop tax it would pay for alot I would think and we would need a "MA" Player used security system which could be rented out to us that's more profit.. forts could have outpost whcih would allow the Society renting the zone to build teams and police the area with adscreens to display law... with the ped going into the PvP Black zone it could supply nice amounts of resources making it worth visiting... the whole idea would need a nice reason to visit this zone..

IS MA TRYING TO MAKE PVP OBSOLETE ON CALYPSO?

Kim from MA's response
Hey, I explained this in a PM to the OP but figured the rest of you should know as well.

An official reply will come as soon as I have talked this over with a few collegues during the comomiseding week, for now though I can say that we are very well aware of this problem.

Cheers

Clearly, the problem isn't that they are trying to destroy it. The problem is that they are actually trying to fix it. May as well just sell your pk gear now.

:laugh:

There have been 100 threads made on this topic so far :scratch2:

:yay: for 101

:tongue2:

PVP4 sux compared to what it used to be.. Still you can go there and have some fun

But new LandGrab really sux donkey balls... The problem is that they were supposed to make more LAs open at the same time.. So the societies can hardly lick each balls and help each other to deffend.. Thats why there is no fight now...

And i dont want to speak about Fort Events that are completely not finished... Missing StopWatch mode made it un-playable in few people and in general its fcked up.. ( Imagine it would be a two round game, first round one team attack second round second team attack.. Also there should be a flag in the middle that you can capture and use as a spawn/revival then) But its up to MA/FPC...

They have good ideas but they usually completely fail to make it to end and implement properly..

Ty, you should read the EULA. Your vehicles actually belong to MA so it isn't stealing if MA make them lootable.

maybe i should make a new thread, maybe.. maybe.. "retired rigger n pk'er, shit i am a vet"

No one turns up to landgrab because certain socs agree to defend each others forts, so no one else has a snowballs chance in Hell. The worst I've seen of PVP was when I turned up to a BAHQ LG, and found AOW and CCCP helping to defend.

No one turns up to landgrab because certain socs agree to defend each others forts, so no one else has a snowballs chance in Hell. The worst I've seen of PVP was when I turned up to a BAHQ LG, and found AOW and CCCP helping to defend.

Yes, because idiots at MA decided to split them..

LAs were supposed to open once a week but all at once!!! that would make a difference and a chance for other societies to grab a land...

MA no brainers :f, now they have what they wanted = NO INCOME FROM DECAY . idiots..

Ok just to re-cap.

PVP4 Was ruined as all pkers agree by letting vehicals into pvp without the possiblity to loot them.
PVP4 Was ruined by allowing pvp resources outside pvp areas thus lowering MV and not makeing hunting/mining profitable.
PVP in Land Grab was ruined by having 6/iish Land Grabs per week which even for those highly financed ava's impossible to contest so what we have is each land grab now is just a waiting game unitl the clock runs out as nobody can afford to fight this many times per week.
Now we have the rig that was not profit makeing for most PKerS but was at least fun as you were sure to get a fight for some oil. Now we have a bunch of to be fair hostiles towards each other now teaming as there is no point fighting for 90mins on the off chance of oil.

This isnt a drip or whine but i really would like to see what ppl think? IS MA TRYING TO MAKE PVP OBSOLETE ON CALYPSO?

Let me know your views

Del

From my perspective:

I play this game with the PvP in mind, because I enjoy / prefer playing against fellow gamers and not the stupid AI mazes. I would not have deposited and would have probably quit playing if it was not for these vehicle "exploits" which are more like equalizers. The vehicles give low level players a chance to actually spend PEDs inside the zones including toxic shots, and all the hunting / mining.

When I was a newborn, I would not agree with your post, because it gave me implicit powers. Now that I am growing up and getting more firepower and hp, I can see your perspective more clearly.

I would agree that changes to the system are in order to balance out between providing advantages to both new and experienced players (yes, loot needs to be accessible!!). EU is a small community and the PvP community even smaller...so let the nibs wet their mouths and give them "hope" inside PvP.

The only way you'll fix that is to nerf everyone to effectively the same level, same hp, same guns and same armor. Just like every other FPS game :laugh:

Then every society would have a chance.

i.e. make it Instagib :yay:

sorry about the music though

I have recently been mining in PVP4. I was new to the area and lost a little over 300 ped resources to Pkers. So, saying it is completely ruined is untrue. But I will say that I have learned my lessons in PVP4 and the odds of me being Pked there are now greatly reduced and even when I cant get away, what the Pker gets isnt much. All you need is some strategy and patience. and mining there can be profitable, even with the occasional PKer getting to you before you get away.

As for the PKers, there are ways to legally get around your targets use of vehicles. I have figured out that myself. No bugs or exploits. Just tactics. I wont bother to share because I dont want that shit happening to me :mad: . So dont ask :cool:

i recently went to the rig & guess what the OP did... added me to vehicle FL right away.
Guess you can only pk by right clicking an hp box huh.. pretty lame situation :laugh:

i recently went to the rig & guess what the OP did... added me to vehicle FL right away.
Guess you can only pk by right clicking an hp box huh.. pretty lame situation :laugh:

negative , OP aims manually like most pk´rs with self respect, the adding of hp bar to vehicle is just a way to save it to be able to locate you fast in radar scrambled area.

cheers

ermik

negative , OP aims manually like most pk´rs with self respect, the adding of hp bar to vehicle is just a way to save it to be able to locate you fast in radar scrambled area.

cheers

ermik

& you call that with 'self respect'?
Might as well ask to remove scrambled radar places

& you call that with 'self respect'?
Might as well ask to remove scrambled radar places

visit rig more than once a decade and you may change opinion on what "self respect" is regarding pk in eu.

adding the hp bar is crucial since everybody does it.

cheers

ermik

visit rig more than once a decade and you may change opinion on what "self respect" is regarding pk in eu.

adding the hp bar is crucial since everybody does it.

cheers

ermik

I kind a second that
Even the most annoying rigger did that to my name bar :D

Reactions: das
they still do that? I did countless reports on that as exploit and support told me they take care of it

Edit: Guess i'd have to do it all over again with MA taking care of things now :/

Back