Is There Such Thing As Beginner's Luck?

you guys seem more innterested in making a profit then just enjoying the game:) i don't deppo i never have and never will and because i just try to enjoy the game and have fun, my biggest loot was; 2 full shogun parts and an (UL) emiks50 with a value of 748ped;) + an equally high markup

if you have the money to deppo then do so and have fun:) if loot sucks chat with your M8s or sweat.....and remember the hof is out there;)

My thoughts, you hear about it when it happens but the other 10,000 players that it didn't happen too you don't hear about, giving you a false impression it's more common then it actually is. :rolleyes:

Same thing is true with national 24/7 news network channels, they only report on the interesting/bad events, and since its national theres alot to cover, giving you an impression these things happen more often then before the channels existed and all you heard was local news or the truely bad/important national events.

I'm quite confident that these "beginners luck" theory is a crock of bull ____ due to the above stated reasons. Remember theres a blue trillion new players who start playing EU and do nothing but loose for a few days/weeks/months and quit. All that seeds the loot pool and for the most part virtually all of them never bother to find forums and such to tell their sad tales of loss.

Not sure about this.

We've all heard a case of Avatar X who (as an example) shoots an Exa Young in their first week and gets a 3000ped HOF. We dont hear about the 999 others that go broke in their first month without ever getting a global in that time.

Apparently loot isnt governed by luck. I've still no firm idea what does govern it though. :dunno:

Exactly.......

There could be some luck factored in but I think it's more of being in the right place at the right time. There also appears to be cycles to system loot and personal loot. The key is being in the right spot when both are peaking and having enough ped to weather the storm when both are shitty.

and theres alot of ppl whove score an tower on their first mining global (atleast after the tracker came..) but when someone havent got a single global from any proff after tracker came i dont think hes very old player...its like daily these days.. someone with a tower on list.. u havent ever heard of that dude then u check tracker and there it is.. 1 single global=tower... its somekinda plan from MA to show that "even noobs can be "lucky"" theres still many over 30 and some over 40 lvl miners who havent got a tower so why give it to someone with 1lvl on prosp and whos mining unamped..

There could be some luck factored in but I think it's more of being in the right place at the right time.

were I came from it's called luck :rolleyes:

EU is all about luck, no mater if you're a noobie or not

Are you using bigger finders now? If so, try using TT finders again.

Of course everybody has the same installation there is no such thing as luck.

*pls note the word "installation"...
the named "installation" could be found on your hard disk drive... therefore its commonly described as a software... although a software could (to some degree) look like random (providing some like-random output), actually it isn't random - or, if someone prefer the word "dynamic" - it isn't dynamic at all...
basically, a software system has a well defined cycle: input data -> processing -> output data...
we all are well aware about the "output data" (for example: "This creature didn't carry any loot")...
the "processing" stage is pure mathematical computing upon some formula...
so, the really interesting thing to know/talk about should be the "input data"... about what "variables" are considered to be "input"... (for example: the "system" could consider something like "total skillpoints < 500" to be a nice input)

and last (but surely not least) about what means (levers) exists in the "system" which affects the raw "input data" - playing GOD's role in such a "dynamic system" could be very funny... and in some cases very useful (rewarding)...

were I came from it's called luck :rolleyes:

EU is all about luck, no mater if you're a noobie or not

Call it what you will. It is apparent that some seem to know when an area is loots well so is it really luck that they do well in that spot at that time all the time?

Like I said there is some luck factored in, espcially when it comes to noob ubers and such, but for the most part each avatar defines its own fate by when and where it is at that time.

MA would never change our loot, would they? :confused:

they claim they don't have any power to change the loot, that loot is ramdom bla bla bla

thats the same as microsoft saying, it's not a bug, it's a feature...

making a program with some exceptions (like drop a 100000 ped loot @ time and/or place and/or person) is soooo easy...

but don't go that way, play the game for fun and the loot will come when you least expect it

There could be some luck factored in but I think it's more of being in the right place at the right time. There also appears to be cycles to system loot and personal loot. The key is being in the right spot when both are peaking and having enough ped to weather the storm when both are shitty.

How do you quantify "luck" to factor it into the drop calculations server-side? :rolleyes:

Are you using bigger finders now? If so, try using TT finders again.

I can attest to this advise as beeing good. Someone on this forum suggested using smaller finders I did that a few weeks back.. won't use a big one now..

I also have another friend that uses the tt finder only amped and unamped.. She globals pretty often with it. Before I think she used higher end equipment and had poor roi.

Maybe its more in the tools you use than the beginner "luck" factor.

Yes, it's been blatantly obvious for some time that MA like to suck people in by giving them a nice fat loot early on. It doesn't happen to everyone, but it happens a lot.

There's a guy who scored his first ever two globals in the last few days, and they were both ubers on Snarksnots (2.1k and 1.3k).

It's a ridiculous thing for MA to do. It pisses off the older players and people hunting big mobs, and more often than not it seems like the people who get the big lucky HoF early on then quit EU because they don't get any more luck.

So, please stop doing this MA!

Yup please stop doing this MA its pure bs.

MA have designed EU to do just that very well, and added a lot of superstition and speculation on top.

After a few years of speculating, I'm quite sure everything has been overspeculated and the right measurement still hasn't been found.

A factor of personal luck as with being in the right place at the right time where the games algorithm has (maybe) decided to put the big loot at that random spot for that particularly randomly chosen avatar to find, with a handful of "beginners luck algorithm" thrown into the formula to hook the new comer.

Hope that the games algorithm calculates its formula in ones favour, in the meantime, play to ones strategic limitations.

I knowwI had beginner's luck.

I hit an 89 ped oil global with the very first probe i dropped. :D:yay::wtg::shower:

There's a guy who scored his first ever two globals in the last few days, and they were both ubers on Snarksnots (2.1k and 1.3k).

Yup and that guy was my disciple :ahh: He graduated in rifle, hes not totaly fresh tho.

There totaly is newbie luck. Hes just one of many..one of my disciples had 1k Lyst, first day in game 100 meters from PA with TT finder..then 550ped hof week later.
Another one had 700 Crude oil, on one of his first mining runs.
Lot of newbies who start mining, or hunting, get HoF, or atleast a global or a spacecraft.
I also think its to suck them in the game, and make em deposit more then they got with the HoF. Its a pretty clear logic tho.

Damn, why they didn't tried to "suck" me "in", how did they knew I won't leave? :ahh:
I got my first global after 7 months of playing, having deposited (and totally lost) over 1k$ to the date :silly2:

Damn, why they didn't tried to "suck" me "in", how did they knew I won't leave? :ahh:
I got my first global after 7 months of playing, having deposited (and totally lost) over 1k$ to the date :silly2:

it's okay. i feel ya on that one. even though i have gotten globals, most of them only cover a small portion of losses. but whatever! its still fun cause i like the people in my soc and if its really bad, like today for me (15% return on mining) i just leave and come back a few days later

I wasn't "sucked" in either! WTH... I demand some "sucking", with some nice HoFs or ATHs!!! :laugh:

I def had beginners luck. no doubt about it. Although mining never really 'paid' (well it did but...). I had my best luck (and still do) hunting, even though im as 'hardcore' as a lvl 12 miner can be.

I changed up my tactics, get the right finder for the area/mineral you are looking for. ATM I'm out looking for oil & nexus with a MF-102... no globals yet but decent claims in the right areas, enough for another run + I'm getting skills again.

Or it could be I just started playing again at just the right time.

Just thought I would add, Since this is my second avatar - Libby (first avatar) didn't get her first global until almost finished with mentorship. and a total of 2 globals and a HOF.

This time around I skipped the mentorship (although I did try to hook someone up with a free item, nobody accepted the offer). This time it was only a few days until first HoF. Maybe its because I depo'ed right away this time around.

Who Knows for sure, MA staff is prolly laughing at us and yelling - "Its almost totally random you idiots!" :)

Last edited:
Back