Items vs. skills

Sharchon

Guardian
Society
Fintropia Revolution
Sharchon Shark Kharm
First .. I did a quick check with search but didn't see what I was looking for so I throw out this question again if its out there..

Some background..
I started grinding feffs because of the mayhem and noticed that ALL my feff globals been pure item loots (9 so far).
I normaly dont grind the same mob and change mob all the time and therefore never reflected over this phenomena.

That made me go through all my global screenies (I dont have countless of 'em.;)) and saw that all my feff globals had an item in it.(2 of those also had small (~0,5-1 ped) ammo on it(old ones)).
All my atrox globies had no items in them.(ok, too few to really mean anything)
Argonauts looks roughly like 50% items and rest oils and stuff (there are exceptions with all oil or all items)
Armax mostly thingies and rest oil.
But again.. The samples I have is in no way proof or anything.. it just made me wondering.

Is the item loot chance % always the same from the beginning(skillwise) for each mob or does it change over time when you get skills or whatever?
And ofc there could be changes in new VUs.
So.. any experience out there? :)

The differences you noted aren't to do with your skills, they're to do with the mobs. Those mobs generally loot like that for everyone (except Atrox which don't drop items consistently but do quite often - but as you said you probably just haven't hunted Atrox enough to get a good idea of their loot).

When a mob drops an item very often in globals, that item tends to have very low markup (e.g. Paladin Face on Argos, Thunderbird parts on Feffs) for reasons that should be obvious :)

No such connection that i could confirm.

Feffs mostly dropping some items in globals and minis is normal, no matter what skills. Was even a time, long ago, where every 25+ ped mini was a H400. And since they drop thunderbird i hardly ever have seen a oil only global.

Small atrox, well often CB13 in globals but also long streaks of only oil globals. And argos i haven't hunted lately but them was like you wrote it.

Can only agree with the above responses :)

Find a mob you can hunt efficiently that loots items with markup in most globals and you're in business. Not always as easy as it sounds though ;)

The differences you noted aren't to do with your skills, they're to do with the mobs. Those mobs generally loot like that for everyone (except Atrox which don't drop items consistently but do quite often - but as you said you probably just haven't hunted Atrox enough to get a good idea of their loot).

That's what I meant with my first question but may have put it out wrong.
So each mob have a fixed % for items in loot and it won't change then. :)

When a mob drops an item very often in globals, that item tends to have very low markup (e.g. Paladin Face on Argos, Thunderbird parts on Feffs) for reasons that should be obvious :)

Heh,I don't expect an imk or mm drop into my lootwindow, just wondered about items in general.

Find a mob you can hunt efficiently that loots items with markup in most globals and you're in business. Not always as easy as it sounds though ;)

You have no idea how much I want muscle oil in loot.. ;) well,at least used too..

You have no idea how much I want muscle oil in loot.. ;) well,at least used too..
biggest global I ever got solo was from a feffoid long ago and was mostly muscle oil.

biggest global I ever got solo was from a feffoid long ago and was mostly muscle oil.

Nice :) .. My best way to get hold on that stuff is to hunt noob mobs like pluma/daikis/sabas/snabs..that sort of things.
Bigger stuff always ends giving me eye oil.:grumble:

That's what I meant with my first question but may have put it out wrong.
So each mob have a fixed % for items in loot and it won't change then. :)

Not necessarily fixed in the sense of constant - often items drop in phases, so for example if I loot Aurora from a Drone then it's quite likely that I'll loot one or two more pieces that day, then perhaps none for a couple of weeks.

But if you hunt a mob for a while (might be days or weeks, again it depends on the mob) it's easy to get a feel for the type of items they drop and how frequently, and this varies from mob to mob even if you're looking at the same item dropping from two different mobs (i.e. Mob A drops Item A in approx. 20% of globals but Mob B drops it it only 5% of globals - I can't think of a specific example off the top of my head).

Be aware though that overall drop rates can change over time - sometimes dramatically.

Not necessarily fixed in the sense of constant - often items drop in phases

I forgot the word 'chance' after the %. And yes, I've seen the phase in specific item drops too but I mainly
wondered about the distribution between items(what ever item) and stackables and that do seem to be fairly constant
on my globalscreenies after a second look.

But if you hunt a mob for a while (might be days or weeks, again it depends on the mob) it's easy to get a feel for the type of items they drop and how frequently, and this varies from mob to mob even if you're looking at the same item dropping from two different mobs (i.e. Mob A drops Item A in approx. 20% of globals but Mob B drops it it only 5% of globals - I can't think of a specific example off the top of my head.

I never expect a specific item to be in loot,even if I hunt it because of it(no 'impossible' ones),but I do take a look in wiki(may not be accurate but my best bet) for choosing the most probable mob for looting it.
I see that as pure lottery,and if I get it.. :yay:

Nice :) .. My best way to get hold on that stuff is to hunt noob mobs like pluma/daikis/sabas/snabs..that sort of things.
Bigger stuff always ends giving me eye oil.:grumble:

Try Molisk...

Back