Just dropping after "Black Initiazing screen" god someone help me please!

Darwin Steel

Hatchling
Ok I have been at this for a week now.

First there was the Corrupt download issue. Got around that Np's.
Then there was about a 2 day delay on my account activation.
Then there was the NSIS Errors. Ok worked around that too.
Then came the small updater locking up, that took a bit of innovative thinking but I managed to slither around that quite nicely after a few hours.
After that Came the DirectX Cryptographic errors. Not a huge one to overcome.
Now it looks like I Can finally play, Yes?
Sadly no.
I load up from the client after putting in my UN and pwd game goes to full screen black with a little "Initializing" sign at the bottom. About 5 seconds later the screen disappears as if it never were. End of Story.

Running XP
athlon 2.1g
1024g RAM
Nvidia Gforce FX 5200 (128 xtra Ram) Latest Drivers
Latest Direct X

After all the other crap I have gone through practically any network question you can throw at me the answer is yes. But feel free to have a go.

I think I am officially EU Insane at this point and I haven't even started.
I am beginning to think that the game itself is to get it running and if you can get in well..YOU'RE A WINNER! :yay:

Can someone please help me with this last Hurdle, so I can sleep at night.

P.S. and Yes all system specs are adequate as verified by the EU system specs tool.

Last edited:
So tired

I am tired of this... I Think i will go back to Second Life. At least i can get in there.:(

I am tired of this... I Think i will go back to Second Life. At least i can get in there.:(

oh..do u think is so easy to get free money :D ??, j/k

Dunno what's the problem with ur PC , but very few players have problems running the "game",.. hope u'll find a solutions for urs too..

GL!

Apart from the processor I'm running exactly the same gear as you.

Have you tried going into the Options menu from the Client Loader and reduced your Connection settings. I understand from other posts I have read that if you have this too high (or even at your actual speed) it is easier for you to lose connection to the server.

Sounds like you have tried a lot of options and this suggestion is clutching at straws a little, but it must be worth persevering with rather than going back to SL :silly2:

Frankly , I no idea :( , didn't even understand half the problems you have already ,but tonly issues I have had are with my firewall ( it doesn't popup like normal over the new Exe file) & new updates.
good luck

Apart from the processor I'm running exactly the same gear as you.

Have you tried going into the Options menu from the Client Loader and reduced your Connection settings. I understand from other posts I have read that if you have this too high (or even at your actual speed) it is easier for you to lose connection to the server.

Sounds like you have tried a lot of options and this suggestion is clutching at straws a little, but it must be worth persevering with rather than going back to SL :silly2:

Yeah it's a shame I know my last resort will be to just get a fully installed version from a friends ftp, and see how that goes. I was very much looking forward to exploring EU, but the ammount of trouble I have had I wonder if it is actually worth it.

Yes I have also tried grasping at straws and I have scoured other peoples problems from beginning to end to no avail. :banghead:

Thanks for the support tho. If you hear any kind of solution give me a buzz here eh? ;)

What is your firewall, and AV app?
Also, Look at what other processes you have running.
Things like Google Earth and Yahoo, can get in the way.

Also, look at the system and application event logs in Windoze Event viewer to see if there are any clues.

i have the same stuff aswell appart from a 2.2 processor instead. i ha to put my connection down to a 56k, even though it is 2mb because it kept dropping. i run it witht he sound off and at the minium it can go in non windowed mode. hope u get it fixed, it is a good game

What is your firewall, and AV app?
Also, Look at what other processes you have running.
Things like Google Earth and Yahoo, can get in the way.

Also, look at the system and application event logs in Windoze Event viewer to see if there are any clues.

Yeah not running an Firewall perse' my AV is Free AVG. I have tryied running it with all non essential processes. Result is always the same. I am thinking now that it could have been the way I got around the small update locking up. I would predict the C++ runtime error abort the process then remove the preupated .btn in this case it was textures. The udate would continue to replace the .btn. and the update would complete itself no worries.

I am beginning to think that something may have gone amiss there.

Back