Info: Karona's Velocity Jumpsuit mission chain discontinued

Arthur The Hunter
Hello there

This is my first post so please forgive me if it's in the wrong place.

I'v tried to obtain Karona's Velocity Jumpsuit even tho i knew there was better one available from Monria/DSEC-9.

Sadly i wasn't able to start the mission chain at Port Atlantis. Did check Karona NPC everyday for few weeks since i thought it was a bugged.

I have seen people talking about this in local and rookie channels.

Some still have the missions and they might be able to finish the stages.

Didn't find much info or discussion about this matter so i figured post here and share the little info i know about the matter.

I did contact MA via support ticket and they confirmed that the mission is discontinued.

fK3Eft3.jpg

Looks like I won't bother trying to finish it then. Never seemed worth the reward anyway. I hate puzzles.

Maybe they will become tradeable.
Would be nice but... effort. Plus MA qwaiing "Wah mah econwomy will be upswet!!"

Bit of a shame. Discontinued smacks of "Broke - couldn't be arsed to fix" in my view or maybe "it wasn't worth expending resources on" or "we fired the resources that we might have used to fix this and (funilly enough) AI isn't saving us there somehow... imagine that...".

The jump suit doesn't look mega different from the other ones you can get through some sort of chain though. So doesn't look like a massive loss assuming those are still available? Out of interest, got a link to the one from Monria/DSEC-9? Not heard of that one.

Wistrel

Would be nice but... effort. Plus MA qwaiing "Wah mah econwomy will be upswet!!"

Bit of a shame. Discontinued smacks of "Broke - couldn't be arsed to fix" in my view or maybe "it wasn't worth expending resources on" or "we fired the resources that we might have used to fix this and (funilly enough) AI isn't saving us there somehow... imagine that...".

jump suit doesn't look mega different from the other ones you can get through some sort of chain though. So doesn't look like a massive loss assuming those are still available? Out of interest, got a link to the one from Monria/DSEC-9? Not heard of that one.

Wistrel
Here's the link for suit mission guide.

It is not jumpsuit, but full body with 20% run speed buff.

Not sure about the clothing slots it takes.

https://www.virtualsense.eu/forum/threads/join-the-elder-gods-the-order-of-the-elder-gods-suit.9705/

The Elder Gods suit is objectively better as you can wear it under armor. Karonas suit you cannot. It was probably discontinued because it’s rather pointless. However a better option could have been to make the jumpsuit occupy the underwear slot so its functionality is more inline with the Elder Gods suit. Then players that don’t have the DPS to complete the DSEC mission and who like parkour/being infuriated have an option at a speed boosting set.

The issue here isn't whether the item in question should be intuitively judged useful or not. It may or may not have some niche hidden affordances waiting for players to find, and we should never dismiss an item as pointless on the basis that we haven't discovered such a use yet. For example, when there was a maximum movement speed at which fruit appeared on the ground, this may have been exactly the speed boost some players needed while walking, based on their Agility and the rest of their gear setup, to maximize movement speed without missing the fruit.

The real issue is more basic; some players may want to acquire the item, and others may want to get rid of it, and there is probably some overlap in each group's item valuation, and yet, there is currently no way for them to satisfy their double coincidence of wants, all in a sandbox game ostensibly focused on the player's, rather than the developer's, goals and progression decisions. This is a severe enough affront to the player in a sandbox game when it happens because developers decide to halt free trade in order to imbue an item with their own top-down imposition of meaning. When the free trade remains halted even after the developers have abandoned that meaning, it is like twisting a knife in the heart of the game's principles.

Good riddance. The final stage of the mission was one of the most annoying and frustrating gameplay experiences ever created. So bad that I'm convinced the designer must be a sadist; there's no way incompetence could come up with something that cruel. I almost quit the game entirely because of that awful little instance.

Good riddance. The final stage of the mission was one of the most annoying and frustrating gameplay experiences ever created. So bad that I'm convinced the designer must be a sadist; there's no way incompetence could come up with something that cruel. I almost quit the game entirely because of that awful little instance.
my karona L3 sleeps in my inventory after some dozens of fail runs
and there was no statement at least on Forum maybe some officer spoke on Discord
There was for a bief time a "community Manager" that seems Missing in Action. She popped on forums as the harbinger of the Big Nothing but disappeared

Would've been better to fix the suit, add some buff to it or something. Iirc that mission had some additional rewards as well, a couple low TT extenders and maybe something else.

The Elder Gods suit is objectively better as you can wear it under armor. Karonas suit you cannot. It was probably discontinued because it’s rather pointless. However a better option could have been to make the jumpsuit occupy the underwear slot so its functionality is more inline with the Elder Gods suit. Then players that don’t have the DPS to complete the DSEC mission and who like parkour/being infuriated have an option at a speed boosting set.
Yeh the new jump suits were kinda lame in design decisions as they were one part only (not 3 like the old oranges) and couldn't be worn under stuff. Would have been better to make them 2 part (top and bottom - no shoes in this one IIRC?) and similar to normal tops, trousers.

so does this mean i can tt the 3 doohickies you got from the chain? ive held onto them cus i never knew if they would be needed again

Back