Keep track of your wins/losses with Kn00b Stats

T

Tom thebuzz Chr

Hiya

I have coded an software that runs from a website, not requiring any installs into your machine (other than PE-Assistant) that makes it possible for you to keep track of your wins/losses in any given hunt.

Later its planed to add Crafting and Mining to the software too, so it will be an overall good software to keep track of how much you wasted or won in PE, during your ingame play time.

You can check it out here - currently in alpha state, but working and can keep track of it for ya.

I have to thank all my beta testers for giving ideas, and I hope for much more ideas in this forum from users trying it out and giving me ideas.

Its hard optimized to run through the integrated browser in PE-Assistant, and I beleive Chainfire will also provide an link in that page that opens as soon as you click the Internet explorer icon there.

Now for the screenies...

Login Screen
Create Account
Logged in
Create a hunt
Hunt created
Hunt Stats after a terminated hunt
Overall during all time hunt stats

Hunts where people select it to be public (Suppressed)
Hunts where people select it to be public (Detailed)

If you have any questions feel free to ask, but give it a blast and try it out.

And nope I dont rip your accounts, DON'T USE YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD FROM EU ANYWHERE...

Feel free to pose any other ideas and suggestions.

I'll be working on a personalized site so it remembers peoples settings and such in the very near future. :)

Version: 1.11 | Updated 23:04 12th august 2006 MA Time

Changelog:
1.11: Added Amethera map to the mining location too.
1.10: Made mining maps, actual maps with showing where U found deposits and everything. A miners dream :)
1.09: Major haul, have added gifs for more navigation comfort, have made mining locations, will also be adding map later so you can see where you found what. Its an nice reminder tool for mapping your finds. Hope U enjoy.
1.08: Added last 10 ending auctions to the software too.
1.07: Added a partial (but working) mining section... Requesting comments.
1.06: Added a partial (but working) crafting section... Requesting comments.
1.05: Added 4 new mobs: Chompers, Nexnecis, Osseoculum and Phasm
1.04: U can now import last hunts end values into the fields.
1.03: Made Suppressed area of public hunts show elapsed time and colored losses/wins.
1.03: Made mobtype a dropdown box in create hunts - (easier to understand what people hunts).

http://www.kn00b.com/stats/

Tom thebuzz Christensen

Last edited:
Doing an great job with it m8 :)

This is most excellent!
Great work :)

Wow, i see u've been busy lately :). Well, at first it seems that entering all those values in the beginning of any hunt is kinda hard work, especially if one uses many different weapons (ex: plasma/mk2/HG/opalo_to finish off).
Being a miner, the most usefull option is yet to come as far as I am concerned, but overall, it sounds very promising. I usually roughly count the losses and wins by taking note of how much bombs/probes i took for the run, and somewhere in the middle i stop to make some calculations to see how i'm doing. In the end, I log on to pe trade center and copy/paste my inventory to have an accurate value of my losses/wins. The best thing i think would be to have a link that automatically would indicate that. I don't know how u could do that, as I'm no programmer, but it would be certainly neet. Would there be a need to have a constant access to the inventory? and if yes, would the login/password be in peril?
Anyway, + rep for your efforts, I'll test the thing as soon as I have free time :D .

Naifas Anaconda said:
Wow, i see u've been busy lately :). Well, at first it seems that entering all those values in the beginning of any hunt is kinda hard work, especially if one uses many different weapons (ex: plasma/mk2/HG/opalo_to finish off).

Its kinda hard, but with example my case, I have 325ped swords with me on all hunts, now I try to hunt armorless for a test, just using fap90 that I also rep to 120ped.

I then only have to fill in the areas:
Fap Start
Melee Start
Pedcard Start

Fap End
Melee End
Pedcard End
Adjustments

to get an accurate figure.

Only the fields location and mobtype is required ;)

Naifas Anaconda said:
Being a miner, the most usefull option is yet to come as far as I am concerned, but overall, it sounds very promising. I usually roughly count the losses and wins by taking note of how much bombs/probes i took for the run, and somewhere in the middle i stop to make some calculations to see how i'm doing. In the end, I log on to pe trade center and copy/paste my inventory to have an accurate value of my losses/wins. The best thing i think would be to have a link that automatically would indicate that. I don't know how u could do that, as I'm no programmer, but it would be certainly neet.

What fields would be needed for a miner, U being one of the better ones to tell me that... I think of: Equipment, bombs and such

Naifas Anaconda said:
Would there be a need to have a constant access to the inventory? and if yes, would the login/password be in peril?
Anyway, + rep for your efforts, I'll test the thing as soon as I have free time :D .

U just click I, either drag the items (armor, fap, whatever) to the TT and see what the values are, click cancel and confirm afterwards. then next item set.

I donno what U mean about login/pass be in peril (never encounted that word before) -peril :D

Having used the site i have to say i think its now invaluable to see how badly i actually do he he :)

Its a very good site and thankyou Tom for creating it, done an excellent job.

Go try it out people i think youll be pleasantly surprised :tongue2:

Great idea

+ rep for a very good idea and all your effort :) I'll try it at once I get online to EU again :) (since I'm not able to log on to EU atm :silly2: )

Doesnt seem like a good hunt day, based on latest of the public hunts that I think is from today:

Ithaca Atrox 99 49 -100.32
OL-23 Exarosaur Alpha-Stalker 96 28 -44.8
East of Jason Drone Gen 01 95 37 -23.13
LA 14 Bery 94 32 -23.11
Tiny Trox Territory Atrox 93 32 -4.68
Limnadian Esto / Allo 92 0 -44.92
North of Lind District Allo Young 76 37 -18.19
OL-23 Exarosaur Alpha-Stalker 74 28 -130.3

last number is the profit / loss..

Thats one of the things it can be used for ;)

I joined today (speedy) It is usefull and I will use it for shure! but it would be mutch more intresting if the members off your progamme could see the other results to ;) ... anonimous when people prefer.

Last edited:
oooeeps... I take my words back. I didn't read the whole thing. But how can I look it up where can I look it up when I'm logged in?

Last edited:
Very good idea indeed. The only problem I see with it is where to place the item values you recieve in loot. Would be great if you could document all the items you recieve from a hunt and keep them in an inventory page or something. When you get the items sold you can update that information with ped vaules and the hunt stats (for when you recieved the items in question) would update automaticly as well.

Sultan_x said:
I joined today (speedy) It is usefull and I will use it for shure! but it would be mutch more intresting if the members off your progamme could see the other results to ;) ... anonimous when people prefer.

People are Anonymous as standard now.

When the personalized version is ready people can select if they want to have their name shown or not.

And the users also can select if the hunts should be public or not.

Thats why theres over 50 hunts, but not 50 public hunts :)

Hrafninn said:
Very good idea indeed. The only problem I see with it is where to place the item values you recieve in loot. Would be great if you could document all the items you recieve from a hunt and keep them in an inventory page or something. When you get the items sold you can update that information with ped vaules and the hunt stats (for when you recieved the items in question) would update automaticly as well.

Currently all items received in hunt is put under "adjustments" - I hesitate putting in too many fields as users might feel it overkill to have all those boxes that they dont know what to fill in. :)

But I'll be working out an better interface, as currently it freaks a bit when using TAB to change fields and such.

I agree - its a very good tool for us all...

I actually never kept a real eye on my wins and losses - must be because i always loose a bit ;)

But now I have created an account and have decided to use the page before and after every hunt to keep track of what mobs gives me the best/worse return.

But as mentioned before - a feature to copy & paste the entire inventory from EntropiaUniverse would be fantastic. It would help those who use many weapons and combine hunts and mining.

Simple feature - make a total accessory before and after a hunt. You only have to add your loot or adjustments from auction...

Just an idea...

Good idea Tom :)
Account created, and I'll try to post my stats as often as possible.

You can all expect it to evolve, as I see that people welcome it a LOT I will surely continue to develop as I have time.

As for ideas pasting your Entropia Universe items list, that could be implanted, but I |BET| its gonna be tough. And I honestly doubt many ppl will use it. Also it will put a lot more work into MindArks servers and I also doubt they would love that much :)

Signed up, like the look of it.

Does it work ok under the explorer in PEASS? I'm at work right now so can't check.

Could you add a couple of database fields for equiptment used?

I.e. I wanna be able to say that i used determination/opalo/nem/fap-80, so then I can see what my most economical setup is.

I've got something similar on the big site i've been working on, and I've created a database of every in-game item, along with transparent png's of every item. (almost finished.. it's taking ages). If you'd like a dump of that, let me know.

Mikeemoo said:
Could you add a couple of database fields for equiptment used?

I.e. I wanna be able to say that i used determination/opalo/nem/fap-80, so then I can see what my most economical setup is.

I've got something similar on the big site i've been working on, and I've created a database of every in-game item, along with transparent png's of every item. (almost finished.. it's taking ages). If you'd like a dump of that, let me know.

Sure thats an possibility... :)

Will add it as something I should look into...

I like this app. Very nice indeed.
1 thing, and I know you all are thinking PEAss, but if I am outside the game, Explorer yes it works, Firefox, nope.

Jaas said:
I like this app. Very nice indeed.
1 thing, and I know you all are thinking PEAss, but if I am outside the game, Explorer yes it works, Firefox, nope.

That's weird. It works very good in Firefox for me. What version are you using? 1.5.0.1 works for me anyway. Explorer works as well, but I don't ever wanna use it unless I have to. :laugh:

I admit not having tested it in *anything* but IE and the build-in-PE-Ass browser addon, and it works both places. That being said, I don't really mind if it doesn't work in FF unless ofcourse the browser-addon will change to FF ;)

I find it too detailed but that's just me :D

Personally I prefer just:

Equipment (Weapon, Amp, Armor, Fap [primary ones only])
Mob Hunted, Location, and Maturity
Cost of Hunt (ammo, all decay)
Total Loot (TT, not Market Price)

I keep all my equipment fully repaired after each hunt so I just hit that repair all button and add that to ammo use for my cost :)
The equipment setups and mob setups can be saved so I just can just click weapon setup: #1 and mob: argo, twins and then enter just two values after each hunt.

Used it for the first time last night, quite liked it except for a few things:

1) I tend to repair my armour a few times throughout a hunt, but there is no provision in the app to enter details of multiple armour repairs, so for this hunt I just didn't repair until the end.

2) I couldn't work out where to put the totals from all my loot...so I put it in the adjustments section, is that right?

Other than that, a very cool propgram.

Oh, and I came in at -12 PED :(

Maybe add the option to fill in how much mob's drop loot/no loot?

I write them down and end results are quiet interesting.
By looking at it halfway a hunt I quiet acurate can see if it will be a profit or loss hunt.
When 50% or more drop loot it usual ends in a profit.

Cheers.

Hardicus said:
Used it for the first time last night, quite liked it except for a few things:

1) I tend to repair my armour a few times throughout a hunt, but there is no provision in the app to enter details of multiple armour repairs, so for this hunt I just didn't repair until the end.

2) I couldn't work out where to put the totals from all my loot...so I put it in the adjustments section, is that right?

Other than that, a very cool propgram.

Oh, and I came in at -12 PED :(

1) I couldn't hardly get the software to add or subtract an item per days hunt. I mean - Its intended to run like this:

> You repair your melee or buy some ammo
> check your values on everything and fill it in...
> Then you stalk out for some mob, like agronaut
> Hunt it for the time your ammo last or your melee lasts
> then you fill in the end values after the hunt and check if you broke even..

2) I will be working to make fields for example looted general items like hides, wool, iron, whatever. But at the moment it all goes into adjustments along with TT+ on ESI's and armor parts, guns whatever is looted.

Hope this explains ;)

The Nightbird said:
I find it too detailed but that's just me :D

Personally I prefer just:

Equipment (Weapon, Amp, Armor, Fap [primary ones only])
Mob Hunted, Location, and Maturity
Cost of Hunt (ammo, all decay)
Total Loot (TT, not Market Price)

I keep all my equipment fully repaired after each hunt so I just hit that repair all button and add that to ammo use for my cost :)
The equipment setups and mob setups can be saved so I just can just click weapon setup: #1 and mob: argo, twins and then enter just two values after each hunt.

Hmm maybe I should make an condensed version, an normal version and an enormous version for hunts, then people can chose what they want to use as standard settings. I've already coded personal settings into it, tho its NOT public yet - the personal settings thing.

But I like the idea, thanks +rep ;)

Atlan Leticron said:
Maybe add the option to fill in how much mob's drop loot/no loot?

I write them down and end results are quiet interesting.
By looking at it halfway a hunt I quiet acurate can see if it will be a profit or loss hunt.
When 50% or more drop loot it usual ends in a profit.

Cheers.

Hm, I know its something of the things I personally look at too, but I doubt people wants to write in every mob if it drops anything or not... :)

Anyone else second this idea I will take it up into consideration ;)

Also considered adding more things:

Luck reminder: Remember where you hoffed and publiced, where your luck and fortune is. Fields to type in would be mob, maturity, exact coordinates, date and time, amount

Tom thebuzz Chr said:
2) I will be working to make fields for example looted general items like hides, wool, iron, whatever. But at the moment it all goes into adjustments along with TT+ on ESI's and armor parts, guns whatever is looted.

Seems to work fairly well. I place both TT and TT+ on looted items I'm not gonna TT straight away. I usually get almost too much Soft hides which I collect (just too lazy to ever sell though) and adjustments seems to be the best place to put those.

44.42 ped profit on first try. :D

Back