Khorum Coast - Where you can earn the most!

I am changing some things up with the start of the new year. The bounty board is currently closed and I am also stopping the land share system.

Greetings Entropians. I recently purchased the Khorum Coast on Arkadia and I would like to announce the monthly event and how the land pays back the players who visit.

Ongoing Mining Event:
Mining on the Khorum Coast is an excellent place for markup. There are resources worth digging up no matter your mining choices. Enjoy finding claims of Wenrex(130%), Cave Sap(200%) and Bismuth (350%)!

Prizes for mining can be claimed multiple times:
- 5 peds for every treasure map or miner strongbox
- 10 peds for any vase, painting or generic treasure
- 25 peds for any limited armor or limited weapon
- 50peds for any unlimited armor, unlimited weapon, item discovery or rare item HoF.

Please post screenshots here of on Khorum Coast Discord for prize rewards and make sure the picture has a loot window/system message and a radar/map icon so that I know you located it on Khorum Coast.

Mining Resources

Ores : [Niksarium Stone] [Gold Stone] [Wenrex Stones] [Langotz Ore] [Hebredite Stones] [Xeremite Ore] [Caldorite Stone]

Enmatters : [Crude Oil] [Cave Sap] [Sweetstuff] [Energized Crystal] [Edres Resin] [Lytairian Dust]

Treasures : [Bismuth Fragment] [Pirrel Pellets] [Khorudoul Extrusion] [Khorum Alloy] [Part Of Flint Arrow Head]
* An amazing recent update for mining resources provided by Sven Melbus Christensen.

Thank you for reading about the land and I look forward to seeing you at the Khorum Coast - where you can earn the most!!

Last edited:
Really interesting idea. I'm always fascinated by how people make do with what they have (the player volunteered data from the tracker) to come up with imaginative ways to try new things. I wonder if in the future MA might put some serious consideration behind an open API perhaps for accessing such data, rather than have the community create their own log scraping tools.

Still, I can see why they wouldn't. One of the best examples of this is the community made Elite Dangerous Data Network which is kinda like an open version of Entropia Tracker (but for data scraping from the Elite Dangerous Log Files instead of Entropia ones) in that they've basically defined a protocol for data sharing that can be used by any client anyone would care to write (although of course in practice most all use the same one) and there is a single data relay point that any website or tool can use to collect this data, store it and do whatever they like with it that suits their application.

I doubt there would be much interest in creating a similar setup for Entropia as it doesn't have the wide player base or range of player made tools/website to be worth it and indeed Entropians or whatever it is called probably does the job for most people.

Sorry bit off topic but anyhow yeh. I wish you all the best in this endeavour and hope it works out well for you. Will you be sharing the results publicly or just with the participating players? I'm guessing the 1000k max 100 shares participation threshold is simply to cope with the logistics of manually handing out PED to 100 players every month? I can imagine that could turn into quite a chore.

Wistrel

I appreciate the feedback and questions and I am always willing to adjust the event for what participants want!

My goal is to have the land where it pays the players back a little like a AUD deed except that you don't have to put money out to buy something physical and then wait years for it to pay itself off or deal with market fluctuation that can cost you invested peds on physical purchased goods. I know the return on the land will fluctuate too, there will be great profit months to share and also some slow months in our future too, that is just how it is I guess.

I thought about doing the typical thing others land owners do where you get straight up peds back per global, like 4 peds each but what happens to the peds you don't global on? How do you earn any of that back?

You come to Khorum Coast and spend the evening because it is a fun part of the galaxy and you were going to pay some sort of fee to play somewhere somehow! You also earn a little of the profits from me owning the land as my thank you for coming to play. None of this is truly set in stone yet for the event as a long term, I am just trying something for a few months to see if anyone likes the idea.

I did a 100 shares thing so it would be easier for people to track how much their share should be worth as a % of return on their own. I don't really know if all 100 shares will ever be earned in a month but it would be nice to get that kind of participation. The value and amount to earn the shares can be adjusted if I get enough feedback or if it seems like the payouts aren't what they should be.

I have to try and figure out a good way to make it fair to the players if not all 100 are earned and also keep it from one person earning the only share that month and then banking the entire 50% land share profit for themselves.

Also in regards as to why the payout is set for after the next month is because I think it would encourage more activity if people earned for the next month. You can't just show up, collect and bail immediately. Perhaps you would want to play on the land for the second month too and make sure your payout is growing! Spend a few weeks or months and help us grow the land together!

Any chance you could increase the maturity and/or density of the mutated nusuls, mutated zaduls, and mutated hadraada? They are only available on Khorum Coast and I still have 28000 mutated zadul points and 4400 mutated nusul points to go on my IFN challenges. At youngs that's nearly 4700 zadul and 625 nusul, which is practically impossible with how the LA is set up currently :(

Any chance you could increase the maturity and/or density of the mutated nusuls, mutated zaduls, and mutated hadraada? They are only available on Khorum Coast and I still have 28000 mutated zadul points and 4400 mutated nusul points to go on my IFN challenges. At youngs that's nearly 4700 zadul and 625 nusul, which is practically impossible with how the LA is set up currently :(
I am planning on switching the land to Kamaldon and Zadul around May or June. If there is enough demand I will do Zadul, Nusul and hadraada stalkers instead.

Giving this a bump.
The grand opening is happening now and there is still plenty of time to come and win some prizes while you earn shares of the profit pool!

I have been mining the land myself lately and it seems to be a great spot for cave sap and bismuth! There is real markup to be found here while you earn shares of the land profit! Nothing quite like earning peds ontop of earning peds!

Zadul have been increased in numbers and maturity. There should now be Zadul stalkers roaming the land. Happy hunting and goodluck at the Coast!

I set the Zadul to stalker since I am the only land I know of with Zadul. Due to demand and feedback it seemed smart to try and focus on them. The Hadraada will slowly go down in maturity after April unless you all decide you want to keep them boosted.

I boosted the Zadul DNA right before I went to bed. I woke up excited to go out and hunt them to see what they are like. They hit like a train in my Viceroy and 5A. They are actually making me combat fap out here. 🤣

Giving this thread a bump to let you all know the grand opening event ends in 8 hours. There is still plenty of time to claim some prizes! This week not only can you win prizes for the grand opening but you are also working towards earning shares of the land for the monthly payouts!
I will tally up the score and announce winners tomorrow. I will be online tomorrow from 20:00 till roughly 23:00 MA time to hand out prizes when I get home from work!

Thank you all for supporting Khorum Coast!

Interesting to see how this is evolving and the feedback you are getting. Indeed stuff like how practical the current set up of mobs is for actually earning globals is something I hadn't at first thought of when reading you plan. Again it leaves me feeling like it's a shame there isn't the data and tools to track everything around activity on a LA. But no sense in thinking down that direction as it won't change. Best always to focus on the best you can do with the data/tools you got.

Not that is bothers me, I've always had fun in game with my own activities and have never been super fussed on anything over low level hunting, but I've often see these folks who run things based off of globals and thought about how that's no good for players that don't get globals much. This said... come to think of it, I seem to remember the global threshold got dropped considerably (although I think I tweaked mine up to the original again)... so maybe they are more common these days than I imagined (thinking of 50ped days) in which case, depending on the mob/maturity, globals maybe happen all the time now? Dunno.

All interesting stuff regardless

Wist

Last edited:
I've always loved this LA, it's been my favorite on Ark for years whenever it's been well-maintained. As others have mentioned, I would also like to see the density and maturity of Zadul and Hadraada stay high if possible. I believe I still have the All-time HSL Mutated Nusul :giggle: , so wouldn't mind seeing these back as well, but realize participation will drive some of this.

Congrats on your acquisition! It's great to see this unique LA back in operation and with incentives for those of us who will spend a good amount of time there. I'm sure I will be a regular. (y) -Ost

Thank you all for the feedback and support so far!
The land is still tracking better than I had hoped for my first weeks of being an LA owner. The nervous knot in my stomach over the purchase has mostly decided to leave. 🤪 There is still quite a bit to come, working on learning how to record and edit Entropia footage for video promotion etc.
Several players have earned shares for the profit split at the end of May payout. Hopefully May is an active month too and I can reward some real nice ped stacks to y'all!
The mining event for Easter is starting to pick up and word is spreading! It is nice to do something different and unique for miners, we have always felt left in the shadow of hunting events.

I have the day off work today, after some chores and errands I will sit down and do a shares update for all participants so you know how you are tracking so far.

Thank you all again and I look forward to seeing you at the Khorum Coast!

I calculated the shares earned so far that have been recorded on the entropialife website. I updated the second post so you all can see what shares you obtained so far for the end of May profit payout!

It appears that EL is not catching all of the globals, not sure if this just me or others as well. Today I hit a 95 PED Nusul & 164 Kam, but quit when I noticed neither were recorded in EL. This has happened a few other days and I have screen shots of the globals. I have even filed a support case with EL, but suspect it may be that as dead as Ark has become it slips below the required number of EL clients running to share global data.

Just curious if anyone has some thoughts on this or if it's unique to me. I have seen Ark down to only 3-4 clients running several times in the past few days. As a LA owner are there other tools to capture global data? Cheers, -Ost

The only thing I know to capture global data is Entropialife. The best thing to do is make sure you are running the client yourself and if you think it is missing globals I will totally ALWAYS accept a screenshot with a timestamp for any of my events.

Are the values of the globals 144 on a kamaldon and 95 ped Nusul? It is hard to read thd numbers, I apologize. I want to make sure I give you accurate credit.

Also you were right those globals didn't appear to be on the tracker for the land. Thank you for letting me know!
I don't want any of y'all to not receive credit for what you earn so help me if you notice your globals may not be tracked. Make sure to screenshot to be safe everyone!

Awesome, thanks! The globals were 164 Kamaldon and 95 Nusul, had a couple later in the day that EL did grab so that's good. Again, thanks! -Ost

Ofcourse OST any time for y'all. I appreciate having you out hunting!! I wouldn't be anything without my players. I will always try to do what I can for you to make sure you get credit.

Good morning OST, I will get your credit added to the spreadsheet when I get off work tonight. Are you running the tracker yourself and it isn't catching this data?

Hey Joker, I uninstalled the tracker and tried to download and reinstall and now I'm getting errors. I'll troubleshoot later today and try and get it back up again. I did notice another avatar global yesterday near me and his global was not recorded in EL as well. I'll work on it, not sure if it's the low number of clients running on Ark at times, there were only 3 yesterday for a while, or that mine is just honked up...I'll keep you posted, thanks -Ost

Well crap that isn't good. I don't want my players to miss out on credit for their globals. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. I may end up having to find a way to leave my avatar logged in 24/7 to do my part of recording.

Looks like I've fixed this, at least for me. Reinstalled EL tracker client after some system tweaks and all appears to be working now. You're right though, best everyone can do is make sure they're running the tracker at all times. -Ost

This is indeed interesting. Anyone know what the threshold for contributors for recording globals is in EL? Also how wider is the scope? Planet wide? It makes sense that it isn't too low, but if a planet is unpopulated especially by people running trackers this is major bump in the road.

I think it just goes to show that MA could seriously do with some sort of public API for game data or at the least expand reporting capabilities to Land owners.

I was pondering could EL owners offer a financial incentive to players running the tracker but I guess this might be open to abuse... maybe they could say the avatar has to be a year old or min skill level to prevent multi account abuse. Dunno. Maybe they could offer dynamic incentives based on time of day and location so if say Ark gets low on contributors at any one time they could up the financial incentive for that time period to get players to help out.

Dunno... certainly an interesting problem though. Maybe EL could fund the financial incentive by asking for contributions from the Land Owners who are actively running events. and scale the required contribution based on the activity level on the LA...

Back