Known Issues Version Update 10.0

Nothing but a black screen and some music for me when I try to log in.
Windows Vista 64 bit 4 gig ram with a Geforce 9500m Grapics card.
I have updated windows and updated my graphics card drivers but still same problem. Anyone else find a cure for this issue :scratch2:

Right click, run as administrator, problem solved. Come on man, haven't you been on vista long enough to know that is the first fix you try for anything.....

My problems are as follows:

1. Cannot run by pressing both mouse buttons anymore.

2. Cannot steer in 3rd person mode (MA announced this will be addressed in near future)

3. Cannot drag out heathbar from monsters (only first 2-3 monsters I encounter after log-in allow me to drag their bars out - after that I can't)

4. Can't run to target anymore when clicking on "Operate". Example: can't run to storage anymore, have to be in range, then press "Operate".

5. Click on heath-bar of a monster will not direct the gun at the monster. It will shoot in whatever direction avatar is oriented.

Given the mountain of money spent in this game since 2003, I demand these issues be addressed and fixed or explained by MA asap.

Maybe if you ask nicely!!!!!!!!!!! I mean it was YOUR choice to put all that money in this game wasn't it?

Not recieving any LOOT and no "No loot" message

I have been hunting bristle hogs OA - Stalkers and have gotten a few no loot messages but when i am suppose to recieve loot nothing fking happens .. and i have relogged several times and still the same issue so i figured i would cut my losses at 5k ammo spent 0 return! Anyone else having a issue like this?:mad:

2. Cannot steer in 3rd person mode (MA announced this will be addressed in near future)

3. Cannot drag out heathbar from monsters (only first 2-3 monsters I encounter after log-in allow me to drag their bars out - after that I can't)

4. Can't run to target anymore when clicking on "Operate". Example: can't run to storage anymore, have to be in range, then press "Operate".

5. Click on heath-bar of a monster will not direct the gun at the monster. It will shoot in whatever direction avatar is oriented.

Given the mountain of money spent in this game since 2003, I demand these issues be addressed and fixed or explained by MA asap.

Only your #3 is a real bug.

All other points are explained in the content list

Link to the content list

another blue screen...the more I play and learn to use the controls the more I am amazed at the wonderful toy we have in our hands. I was back at storage again when the blue screen happened. My computer reboots automatically. I`m very hesitant at updating my drivers....I use Nvidia 9500 GT...anyone know if I should update the drivers?

well atleast you people can actually get into the game.. Mine still gets stuck on the auth and goes no furthur..

another blue screen...the more I play and learn to use the controls the more I am amazed at the wonderful toy we have in our hands. I was back at storage again when the blue screen happened. My computer reboots automatically. I`m very hesitant at updating my drivers....I use Nvidia 9500 GT...anyone know if I should update the drivers?

I have exactly the same driver as you. I updated my driver before I downloaded VU10.0 and I can tell you I still get BSOD. It's a pain in the arse and I hope MA/Nvidia fix the problem soon.

Right click, run as administrator, problem solved. Come on man, haven't you been on vista long enough to know that is the first fix you try for anything.....[/QUOTE

This fucken works, :wtg: I had the Black screen with music,

Clicks on the EU10 Icon ran it as Admin, and it just worked, fucken great, lol:wtg:

Thanks....another blue screen... but two globals. :)

well actually, 1, 2, 4 and 5 were addressed going in by MA. there is no third person in 10.0, no move to target, etc until a later vu.

i am having the health bars issue and it's very annoying. also if you kill a mob you cannot pull a health bar off of, not only do you not know when it's gonna die, but you also can't loot it after it's death. relogging fixes it but my hunts have consisted so far of 2-3 mobs. not alot of decay when you kill 2-3 mobs per 15 minutes.

anyhoo, hold on wisdom, 3rd person tools will come back, i'll be happy to see em return as well as i also use them. hopefully they'll figure out the health bar issue soon.

had a couple of blues screens as well...also when it crashed i was at treasure island city when i logged back in i was at fort argus. has anyone else had that? but i think its going to be awesome:D

My avatar is black... Everthing else is ok whats the problem?

Lol I have a few posible explinations.

You wore in the blast radius of the impact.
your DNA got fed up when exodus backed it up and your now producing more melanin.
Something todo with your GPU. Updating drivers may work.

I have not blued screened, but crashed a number of time and all my drivers are up to date.

pfft at nvidia software, runnig a 880gtx, I did manged to p[lay for 2 hours with no crash but got killed by atrox stalker, alpha and old alpha. I think i may have been out of my depth there.

I managed to play for like 1 hour 30 min last night before CTD. Got 8800 GTX nvidia.
But today It takes like 20 times to try login. I login i play without lagg its good. but every 3 min or less I get CTD...
FFS!!!!
FIX THE DAMN NVIDIA CTD PROBLEMS MA!!! I WANNA PLAY AND EXPLORE... IT FUCKING LOOKS DAMN GOOD.

and why does it seem I run slower then before? :o:scratch2:

Obviously lag is a major problem, but to some extend understandable.
Major issues here:
1. Missing avatar and mob textures, service centre corridors not rendering properly - although grafic card accepted at login screen
2. Resolution seems to be locked at 1680x1050 in both windowed and fullscreen mode
3. Gameplay extremely limited at medium or low graphics settings, as items become hardly distinguishable (probably not a bug but a feature?)

Before I run off to upgrade my gfx I want to know whether MA has any idea of fixing the issues quickly, as at least to of the above seem to be a common problem.

Config : 8800 GTS 512 latests nvidia drivers under Win7 64bits (AMD64X2 3Go RAM)

Well it loads well in very high, better without AA
1° It seems shaders 3.0 don't want to load
2° resol is blocked t 1680x and graphic config doesn't save.
3° Suprisingly, trying tweaking vSync on/off, shaders 3.0 loads, but not entirely (harness and hair remains black without textures, others parts seemed fully rendered). Seems very random but it's reproductible. Zooming very high then low or switch view cause shaders 3.0 to vanish
4° Resol 1600x in window mode cause CTD
No BSODs for me, only usual post-VU CTDs/connections losts

PS: did it several times each

just my 2 pecs ^^

Last edited:
Obviously lag is a major problem, but to some extend understandable.
Major issues here:
2. Resolution seems to be locked at 1680x1050 in both windowed and fullscreen mode

Resolution is locked at the native resolution of your monitor. MA should make it that all ppl get a low resoultion when they first log in (1024x768) and manually have to alter settings...

talk about teleporting errors lol

i wanted to go to twin peaks and i landed in the water..

i tot this is part of the story .. twin peak flooded !

btw why do i get teleport back to revival terminal when i walk to certain areas??

- sometimes dead mob falls under the surface and is not lootable
- some simply vanish when you loot it, without "this creature didnt carry any loot"-message or loot.
- teleporting & reviving sometimes brings you under the surface, even some jumps at steep slopes make you glitch beneath earth
- mob is hollow and on third person view (zoomed out) you can look into it

besides this i am mildly surprised that it works so smooth, but its very very disappointing to find the same old bugs that have been on the bugfix list of 3 years ago.

Someone found out that if this happens, click you own healthbar, then you can loot the mob.

As for 1-2,4-5 It's been said before that autoaiming is disabled :laugh:

well actually, 1, 2, 4 and 5 were addressed going in by MA. there is no third person in 10.0, no move to target, etc until a later vu.

i am having the health bars issue and it's very annoying. also if you kill a mob you cannot pull a health bar off of, not only do you not know when it's gonna die, but you also can't loot it after it's death. relogging fixes it but my hunts have consisted so far of 2-3 mobs. not alot of decay when you kill 2-3 mobs per 15 minutes.

anyhoo, hold on wisdom, 3rd person tools will come back, i'll be happy to see em return as well as i also use them. hopefully they'll figure out the health bar issue soon.

I am having the same problem, as well as several others (included in my long support case to MA). I have found a quick fix to this. Open friends list, and drag a healthbar out. Doesn't matter which one. After this, you will be able to loot a couple more mobs. Rinse and repeat. I glitched the glitch :)

When in first person and target mode, the health bar is visible above the mob, in this mode you can also allways loot it simply by pressing right mouse.
Also there seems to be absolutely no difference between the healthbar you pull or that hovering above the creature.

My beta-testing was made short because of horrible loot returns, simply can not afford to have a 20-30% return rate.

I have Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX with the latest drivers for Windows 7 and I didn't get any bluescreen, some ctds but that was when i used teleporters.

Someone found out that if this happens, click you own healthbar, then you can loot the mob.

As for 1-2,4-5 It's been said before that autoaiming is disabled :laugh:

Coll, then it is as I suspected that the dead mobs health bar is still in focus even after that it is dead.

Thanx for the "fix"

I am having the same problem, as well as several others (included in my long support case to MA). I have found a quick fix to this. Open friends list, and drag a healthbar out. Doesn't matter which one. After this, you will be able to loot a couple more mobs. Rinse and repeat. I glitched the glitch :)

there is even a easier glitch for that problem > when u cant loot or target just target yourself once by clicking on ya own name/lifebar. after that it works again.

New update on the website:

Known Issues Version Update 10.0
UPDATE 1. We will continuously update the information below.

There are a few issues in the new Version Update 10.0 that we are aware of and will fix as soon as possible:

•Settings you have made in the inworld Options window are not saved when exiting Entropia Universe and you might automatically get graphics quality settings that are too high for the system you are using. (If you have chosen Low or Medium graphics quality settings, redo the change every time you log in and your performance will be better.)
•Air bubbles from swimming in water follow your avatar onto land.
•Armor Platings attached to armor pieces in Storage are not visible or stuck.
•You sometimes receive search windows from mining although you do not mine yourself.
•There is a problem that sometimes causes a fatal crash (otherwise known as “Blue Screen of Death” or “BSOD”) on nVidia-based systems. This mostly effects newer graphics card driver versions. With older drivers, the client might still crash but not always with Blue Screens. We are working together with nVidia and CryTek to resolve the problem. ATI-based systems are not affected.
•"Window Mode" can now be chosen in the Options window inworld. However, if you log in with full screen, you will not be able to switch over to window mode directly. A relog will resolve this.
If you get any problems or errors when downloading and installing the new version update, please have a look in the FAQs for quick help.

Thank you for you patience until these issues have been resolved.

Last edited:
New update:

My list of bugs/misfeatures:
(beside the graphical thing with settings - I got a hint on another place how to set the settings and make them stick, but I don't want to take credit for it. ) Fix, see this: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/technical/160323-graphic-performance.html#post2018078

- A "security" related issue: As the maps got redesigned, the PVP areas don't show. It's an issue for the toxic zones, when the TP-chip starts working again.

- Some slopes aren't possible to walk up on. The limit where you can't climb/walk seems to have been changed alot.

- If you kill an animal (nowdays by amining and shoot on it), you can't loot it (select it) unless you don't click your own health bar. That is very illogical.

- When it comes to "low" graphic setting: In old servicenters it's pitch black, in new servicecenters it's *very* bright.

- When you tp to reis defense, there is no TP there. On the other hand there is a new tp "Teleporter" between Reis Defense and Sakura. (When you arrive at Reis Defense use "T" to get there.)

- At New Switzerland, you arrive in the water. If you immediately go to the other (real) TP and TP away you get a message "Too far away". That TP works after a relog though.

- If you jump dowm (from a cliff for instance) you can't move (walk) for about 10 seconds.

- I don't know if it's on purpose (ie to make the place behave like a maze) or not, but a few of the "walking tubes" in the "sunken place" (village that don't stick on map) on one end hang 2m above the ground, so they are basically one-way. (A "T" will send you closer to freedom.)

- The teleporter in New Oxford didn't get transferred automatically. Dunno if this is on purpose or not. (New Oxford and GAHQ is basically on same place as before.) Also note that the "City of Culture" has been replaced by a shopping mall.

- The teleporter in Genesis Amethera HQ don't stick on map.

Last edited:
Be happy guys! Ive seen the new VU for no more than 10 seconds at a time. Thats the time it takes for EU to crash! God, do I wish they can fix this nVidia-problem, Im stuck here with GeForce 8800! :D

they also need to fix the texture issue on one of the hairs the dbz trunks lookin cut hair theres like a few strands thats like no texture and looks like peanut butter color

As always, please supply bug reports to Support. They have a back-end system for priority and seriousness of issues and a direct communication line to the MA dev team. It is this queue that is used to determined what to fix when. If you only add issues to EF it will not be registered in the proper channel. You can add it here as well as to Support if you like - but don't forget the Support venue.

Back