Lack of Defensive Capablity for Vehicles

Should vehicle weapons be limited to PVP only?

• Total voters
I couldnt agree more. It is quite stupid that we cant use our mounted weapons against mobs. Yes their primary aim is for PvP, but there is no reason why we cant kill mobs with them.
To be honest I rarely go into PvP action, unless I feel like a play at the rig.

But I use my vehicles a lot and get really annoyed when mobs start attacking my vehicle, cause damage, I have to get out, pick it up and kill the mob, re-spawn it and continue! :mad:

+rep for this thread, you have my vote! I want to be able to use mounted weapons to kill mobs! I guess though the reason MA didnt allow it was that we could drive around, not taking dmg and shooting which ever mobs were chasing us. Simple, keep the mob killing mounted weapons short range so if we do choose to kill a mob with our mounted weapon, we can take damage, but at least we have the option to drive away or shoot it!

Cheers

I don't see why you have to pick it up when mobs ain't attacking empty vehicles? :p

simply just click get out, kill it and enter it... it's not that hard :D

for the poll: I think it should be for pvp only, will be too easy to hunt otherwise..... Get two people, one driver and one shooter and just kite mobs... lame imo

I tend to agree, a loot penalty for using a mounted weapon would keep the MA decay balance sheet happy. Say you are trying to take a Spider and you dont have 500HPs to survive the hits on your own, so by driving you take less damage hits, but you accept that the loot will be say 10% Taxed.
You get the enjoyment of hunting mobs that usually kill you on sight but accept that the loot will be taxed higher.

I would agree with that.
MA should tax as much as necessary to keep the decay balance sheet balanced.
It would be just like a normal hunt but with vehicles and mounted weapons
and one would still get their loot.
This way a new gameplay aspect could be introduced making
the overall gaming experience more interesting.

I don't get why people are saying it's a balancing issue. I think it's exactly the same as a group of 5 medium level players teaming up to kill Leviathons. Less armour decay and a more eco hunt.

Not only does allowing a person the ability to shoot mobs from the back of a car open up a new in game profession .. a getaway driver .. I think a person who is willing to put in the effort and keep driving around in circles while you take down a mob should be rewarded for completing a task a little more difficult than just standing in one place, shooting .. and fapping.

Mindark is still getting decay from the car which WILL be hit a few times, also they are getting revenue from oil being used and if they are THAT worried about the economy why don't they just adjust the weapon so it is a little less eco.

I play this game for fun. The game needs more fun. A team of hunters in their cars taking down a Proteron would be fun.

I agree with you all! Let us be able to hunt in vehicles so i can sell all my skills excluding mounted weapon skill. I will be able to sell all my armor and faps. This will be awesome cus i know how to drive without taking one single hit.. this will help all the newcomers alot! Everyone will be able to hunt the biggest animals with only ammo cost:)

I think buying the car (100 ped) AND the high oil consumption with be more then enough penalty to hunt like this!

See the problem here? :rolleyes:

I think buying the car (100 ped) AND the high oil consumption with be more then enough penalty to hunt like this!

See the problem here? :rolleyes:

Yes, but the MA sees the car at TT value, the markup is unrelated to MA. And the oil consumption isnt all that much. It probably costs more to TP. Hence the loot penalty.

Also, even though the loot penalty is a good idea, what if in a team two members are in vehicles and the rest are on foot. Therefore the penalty would have to be on the player, not the mob. And then we would get confusion with globals with the whole 'divide evenly' strategy.

Because we could just use the vehicles to stay out of the mobs range to avoid armor/vehicle decay, meaning that even newbies could kill rather big mobs kinda eco? :dunno:

Yes, thought about this as well. It's the eco thing. No armour and fap decay.

But, to cover this, why doesn't MA make the mounted weapons less economic?
That way it doens't make it worthwile to hunt mobs, but at least it will be possible if you want it.

I think that should fix it. :wise:

Would just be awesome, a 2 man team in a valk, hunting some big mobs. I'd gladly pay more pec per damage for such a possibility

:rolleyes:

Another Option

Another option you have not thought about is to be able to mount a decoy dispenser. Though I would prefer to be able to hunt from my truck. :D

Another option you have not thought about is to be able to mount a decoy dispenser. Though I would prefer to be able to hunt from my truck. :D

I really like that idea that is Brilliant. vehicle mounted decoy dispensers I love it.

Know this hasn't been touched on in a bit, but seeing as I just spent ped on a weapon not knowing that it's pvp only, (and I have no interest in pvp until I know I can take on two strong players in an every man/woman for themselves situation that have entered the event with a silent alliance) I'm interested in the topic.

Why couldn't they employ an area effect next-to-no-range weapon... can't recall the movies right now, but in some sci-fi movies there are electrocution attacks that only hit the attacking monsters/alien creatures, when they are actually touching the surface of the vehicle. so a weapon with like 1-2 meters of dmg radius (would have to depend on vehicle dimensions) 360 degrees around the vehicle only, while it is sitting stationary.

Just a thought, though I'm sure someone would find an exploit somehow.

Strike, run while weapon recharges, strike again, run, etc... wouldn't really be much of an exploit so much because you still need to wait till the mob is close enough to hit you before you can strike back. And chances are you'd be wasting ammo with this method till you instinctively knew how close a mob would have to be to get struck by the attack.

Vehicle mounted decoy dispenser sounds fun too... like the noises the decoys make... makes me laugh every time.

I've never understood why this can carry weapons but not kill mobs...

I was too tired and voted the wrong option; It should have been NO because I agree with AJack10600.
Ye,ye i know balancing bla bla bla... Well then MA can fix the stupid balancing!!!!!! there are plenty options to do so.
I liked this game because it was open ended, but it seems like MA does their best to make it a walled garden.

I agree that you should be able to kill mobs with mounted guns but not loot them.

* The PvP only rule makes them kinda a useless for most people

* It's needed for vehicle self defense.

* Hunters and miners could use them to clear landing places or the area around claims, but still at a considerable price without any gain.

* Not being able to loot the mobs prevents exploiting

All thats needed is a anti KS system for them (like, if hit by normal weapon - immune to mounted dmg for 1min) ^^

Back